PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Villain: Bullseye, 3rd ed-pf

B33rm4n
2012-11-02, 12:29 AM
I'm back with another villain to transfer into the forgotten realms. This may be a little simpler than the earlier however.

Bullseye doesn't really possess any powers, but he has the ability to throw almost any object as a lethal weapon. In the past he has used knives, shurikens, playing cards, pens, pencils, a paintbrush, toothpicks, paper clips, peanuts, hairbrush's, and in one instance even spit his own tooth into a man's skull, killing him.
Bullseye is incredibly agile and skilled in acrobatics, and in peak physical condition. He enjoys studying his targets, checking their names, abilities, powers, and backgrounds to use against them in combat.

My request is to replicate this in the best way you can via the wonderful world of d&d, all sourcebooks from 3rd-PF are allowed except the tome of battle...sorry, no bloodstorm blade.
Bonus points for any Feats, spells, magic items, and weaponry that could even further enhance this concept.

grarrrg
2012-11-02, 01:01 AM
Bullseye?
Nonononono.
You want the Ultimate version of Hawkeye.
Dude ripped off his own fingernails and killed people by 'flicking' them!
(I'd post a pic/link, but it's... slightly graphic... and mildly disturbing...)

eggs
2012-11-02, 03:45 AM
Edit: I missed exactly the wrong sentence. :smallredface:

Probably either Factotum with PF Throw anything and way too many FoIs or Daring Outlaw/Master Thrower, then. (But my PF-class knowledge is weak; there could very well be a bullseye archetype I'm missing. Or something like Kung Fu Genius+Zen Archer)

dascarletm
2012-11-02, 03:49 AM
Obvious feat choices: PBS-Precise Shot- Imp Precise Shot. Throw anything. Ranged weapon mastery? Master Thrower prestige class?
I'd see if there was a way to be able to study things kinda like an Archivist?

Zubrowka74
2012-11-02, 09:25 AM
He also has adamantium-laced skeleton à la Wolverine. His spine is entirely made of the metal.

Psyren
2012-11-02, 03:45 PM
Edit: I missed exactly the wrong sentence. :smallredface:

Probably either Factotum with PF Throw anything and way too many FoIs or Daring Outlaw/Master Thrower, then. (But my PF-class knowledge is weak; there could very well be a bullseye archetype I'm missing. Or something like Kung Fu Genius+Zen Archer)

Adding to this: probably Death Attack, and a modified version of Iaijutsu Focus that works with ranged weapons. Combining all of those would make even peanuts lethal (which I gather is the idea.)

doko239
2012-11-02, 03:51 PM
PF's Monk of the Empty Hand coupled with Throw Anything will let you use Flurry of Blows with improvised throwing weapons, and can spend Ki points to improve improvised weapons in various ways.

B33rm4n
2012-11-02, 04:09 PM
Death attack and master thrower fit almost perfectly, any recomendations for magic items/weaponry to throw on here for a good boost?

eggs
2012-11-02, 04:17 PM
Adding to this: probably Death Attack, and a modified version of Iaijutsu Focus that works with ranged weapons. Combining all of those would make even peanuts lethal (which I gather is the idea.)
Without Bloodstorm Blade, ranged death attack is tough.

I've been sitting on 95% of an Assassin's handbook, and I'd like to round it out if I'm missing something. Beside BSB, the only ranged death attacks I know of are the Sniper's Eye Assassin spell (min ECL 12 and problematic action economy), Justice of Weald and Woe capstone (min ECL 16) and True Thief Lurk capstone + Ranged Lurk Augment (min ECL 20). Is there anything else?

doko239
2012-11-02, 06:04 PM
Without Bloodstorm Blade, ranged death attack is tough.

I've been sitting on 95% of an Assassin's handbook, and I'd like to round it out if I'm missing something. Beside BSB, the only ranged death attacks I know of are the Sniper's Eye Assassin spell (min ECL 12 and problematic action economy), Justice of Weald and Woe capstone (min ECL 16) and True Thief Lurk capstone + Ranged Lurk Augment (min ECL 20). Is there anything else?

PF Rogue or Ninja 10+ gets Assassinate as a possible ninja trick/rogue talent:

Assassinate (Ex): A ninja with this master trick can kill foes that are unable to defend themselves. To attempt to assassinate a target, the ninja must first study her target for 1 round as a standard action. On the following round, if the ninja makes a sneak attack against the target and the target is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC, the sneak attack has the additional effect of possibly killing the target. This attempt automatically fails if the target recognizes the ninja as an enemy. If the sneak attack is successful and the target of this attack fails a Fortitude save, it dies. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the ninja's level + the ninja's Charisma modifier. If the save is successful, the target still takes the sneak attack damage as normal, but it is immune to that ninja's assassinate ability for 1 day.