PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder, 100 Swordsman

Duboris
2012-11-02, 01:21 AM
Alright, to keep a long story short, I have an idea for a character. A Medium Armor Fighter with a tendency towards sword collecting.

I'm trying to think of a way to make this man use a lot of swords at once, and no, not just like, 3 or 4. I'm talking as though He could Dual-Wield 2 of them, and have the other 5 or 6 be dancing weapons that assist in his fight after removal from a bag of holding.

Mind you, these weapons would all be dancing swords, but I have no idea how to completely construct this character.

I need him to be about level 12, using only the Core Rulebook, and Advanced Player's Guide.

Crasical
2012-11-02, 01:29 AM
A twelfth level character starts with 108,000 gold. Dancing is a +4 equivalent enchantment, so the weapon would be +5 equivalent. +5 weapons cost 50,000 gold, but Master Craftsman will let you make these yourself, eventually, so you can craft them at half cost. You can have 4 self-made dancing weapons at 12th level.

EDIT: For much cheaper and more feasibly, play a Magus and craft yourself a Ring of Telekinesis for 37,500gp. Now you can levitate and then hurl nine 25 pound or less weapons (I suggest Large greatswords) of your choosing at a target as a standard action however many times a day you desire.

karkus
2012-11-02, 01:38 AM
Try designing a magic item that functions as an extra arm, having it work the same way that a Marilith (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Marilith)'s extra arms do; as extra off-hand attacks. Maybe it's an amulet with a small extradimensional space inside of it, and you can craft small beads enchanted with Mage Hand (or whatever it's called in PF; I think it's the same thing, though), and then place them in the amulet to effectively "wear" them, and for each bead inside of it, you can summon a hand made of force-based energy that is holding a sword and gives you extra attacks as off-hands would. Either include the price of the weapon when you make the bead, or just have the hands "grab" something (like a shiny new magic sword), and then when you "turn it off," it *poofs* back into the amulet, weapon in hand, allowing you to recall it whenever you like.

roguemetal
2012-11-02, 01:57 AM
Try designing a magic item that functions as an extra arm, having it work the same way that a Marilith (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Marilith)'s extra arms do; as extra off-hand attacks.
There's the Multi-Armed racial feat from ARG...
But honestly Crasical's suggestion is far more feasible. I would've suggested telekinesis myself but someone beat me to the punchline.

Krazzman
2012-11-02, 06:42 AM
Have you tried searching for Mifune or Gilgamesh Builds? Afair I believe there were some builds around here somewhere... at least for 3.5... if I recollect it correctly it was something with Bloodstormblade.

Hope you find it.