PDA

View Full Version : Fun Class to Play: PF

Xander96
2012-11-02, 07:45 AM
Hello all. So there are 3 different classes I was interested in playing in this new campaign coming up for our group for Pathfinder. Ranger, Paladin, & Gunslinger: Mysterious Stranger with Leadership feat, if it's allowed that is.

What has everyone else's experience been playing these classes. And how expensive or how accessible is the ammo for gunslinger? Thanks!

Kane0
2012-11-02, 07:55 AM
If you've played 3.5 then the ranger and paladin are both much better, and i'd say the paladin is now pretty awesome.

Gunslinger can make his own ammo at lvl 1 for 1/10th the market price, so ammo is pretty cheap for them.

So yeah, theyre all fine choices really.

Xander96
2012-11-02, 08:03 AM
Ok cool. So maybe if the GM allows Leadership. Maybe I"ll take that feat & I"ll see if I can make a either a gunslinger or a ranger as my cohort. That might be fun. Either those choices I was thinking or perhaps a wizard. It might be nice to have that buffer/debufer.

Deathkeeper
2012-11-02, 08:04 AM
The first two are fine choices.
Gunslinger's bullets are only a problem at level 1 when 1 gold is actually sort of a big deal. Or if you're away from a town for too long and run out of bullet supplies, but that's unlikely if you stock up.

Xander96
2012-11-02, 08:06 AM
Another idea comes to mind for a cohort might also be an oracle, given that no one else is playing one that is

Pilo
2012-11-02, 08:08 AM
Cheap? It is still 1.1 gp per shot if you don't use cartridge, otherwise it is only 50% cheaper than base price.

But you can ignore armor if you are in close range so it worth it.