PDA

View Full Version : This time it's Walnuts!

Trixie
2012-11-02, 09:32 AM
After maple, this time walnut strategic reserves were liberated in unknown direction (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/31/80000-pounds-of-walnuts-stolen-california-accented-delivery0driver-imposter_n_2050181.html) :smallcool:

Quick, anyone can think of any walnut-maple dishes to know what will disappear next?

Socratov
2012-11-02, 09:45 AM
Waldorf salad.
various nutmixes as they are now,
various cakes and desserts.
for the rest it's not that big of an impact...

The Succubus
2012-11-02, 10:09 AM
That's totally nuts.

Yora
2012-11-02, 10:15 AM
What do you do with 40 tonnes of walnuts? I would guess everyone who sells walnuts have their established suppliers and you can't just post an ad if anyone wants to buy large amounts of walnuts cheaply, now that police is looking for it.
If it was just randomly stolen trucks that just happened to be loaded with walnuts, it wouldn't be too strange, but apparently the thief had forged all the right shipping papers, so he knew what he was getting.

Trixie
2012-11-02, 10:18 AM
...walnut pizza? :smallconfused:

Ok, that would be a lot of walnut pizza :P

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-11-02, 12:13 PM
What do you do with 40 tonnes of walnuts? I would guess everyone who sells walnuts have their established suppliers and you can't just post an ad if anyone wants to buy large amounts of walnuts cheaply, now that police is looking for it.

You wouldn't steal it unless you already had a buyer, or a fence who had a buyer.

nedz
2012-11-02, 12:44 PM
Maybe they want to invest them ?

And how do you make an investment with nuts ?

You plant them of course :smallsmile:

That would be a lot of Walnut trees though.

Traab
2012-11-02, 02:02 PM
Maybe they want to invest them ?

And how do you make an investment with nuts ?

You plant them of course :smallsmile:

That would be a lot of Walnut trees though.

Suddenly, wyoming finds itself engulfed with baby walnut trees. 1000 acres worth in a vast forest that sprung up over the winter mysteriously. And according to the article, its a guy with a russian accent, clearly the russian mob is trying to rob the united states of its syrup and walnuts. It wont stop there either. We need to keep an eye on all other long lasting foods packaged in gigantic freaking amounts.

The Glyphstone
2012-11-02, 02:16 PM
The next thing on the list will be the dairy creameries. Someone is trying to hold the world's supply of Maple Walnut ice cream hostage.

Traab
2012-11-02, 02:17 PM
The next thing on the list will be the dairy creameries. Someone is trying to hold the world's supply of Maple Walnut ice cream hostage.

I KNEW there was a pattern! Should we place a guard on the national waffle cone repository?

Lateral
2012-11-06, 08:03 PM
GUYS.

it's a conspiracy.

THE FOODSTUFF ILLUMINATI WILL TAKE ALL OF OUR FOOD.

first syrup, then walnuts.

AND THEN THE WORLD!!!

Eldan
2012-11-07, 06:18 AM

I was thinking pie dough, myself. Because I love nut pie. Or just eggs, flour, sugar, etc.

nedz
2012-11-07, 10:37 AM

Nope, next they will go for the Whips (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walnut_Whip).
The strategic reserve is in Halifax apparently.