PDA

View Full Version : A bit of Pathfinder help if you've the time please

SilentNight
2012-11-02, 02:24 PM
Howdy y'all, I'm slowly returning to the realm of regular posting from being exclusively PbP and was wondering if I could get some opinions from you wonderful people.

I'll soon be starting my first IRL game in a while and my first Pathfinder game ever playing a crossbow-support/healing cleric. We're starting at 1st level and the rest of the party is an orc barbaian, a dwarf barbarian and a half-orc blasting sorcerer. Therefore, I'll not only be serving as the face of the party but also the only source of healing and buffs.

Currently I'm playing a Samsaran (Races Guide) to get some extra spells on my list and increase my versatility (the Int bonus is nice too), with the travel and luck domains, going to mainly focus on buffs and use selective channeling to cover emergency healing.

Thoughts? Comments? Advice? I've never played a cleric or Pathfinder so I don't know it quite as well as 3.5. Thanks in advance. :smallsmile:

Pandaemonium
2012-11-02, 03:09 PM
If you're the party face, I have a few recommendations:

1) Use one of your Mystic Past Life spells to add Honeyed Tongue to your spell list, letting you roll twice on all your diplomacy checks. Mystic Past Life doesn't explicitly say what level spell the level is, but if your GM is nice he'll let you take it as a 1st level spell as it is for a paladin.

2) Consider foisting off Intimidate duty to the half-orc sorcerer - being charisma-based and getting a racial +2 means he'll be better at it than you anyway. Even so, it isn't a bad idea to take a trait like Bully and make it a class skill yourself, as it's a very useful skill. If you do so, consider adding Blistering Invective to your spell list, as it's a great AoE damage/debuff spell with no spell resistance or saving throw, and intimidate checks tend to be easy to make if you have it as a class skill and put in max ranks.

3) Battlemind Link is an amazing spell, and it's a steal as a 4th level spell (for wizards it's 6th level).