PDA

View Full Version : New to pathfinder, looking for character advice

Expletive
2012-11-03, 03:55 AM
So I'm making a Changeling Oracle with the Dual Cursed archetype, the Deaf and Legalistic curses, and the Heavens Mystery. I'm kind of unsure about some things, like what spells would be good to start with, and where to put most of my ability scores, and some starting things like traits, feats, skills etc.

We're starting at level 1 and did 4d6 drop lowest to generate stats and I rolled (17,15,14,13,11,11) Which I think is really good. I know the 17 is probably going into CHA, so with racial +2 I'd have 19, but I'm not sure where the others should go. I'm not entirely sure I want to wade into the fray, but I'm not sure it's avoidable, at least at lower levels. For equipment I had 90gp to spend.

This is only my second pathfinder campaign ever, and the first one died after a few sessions because it's schedule was a mess. Something I'm interested in would be good traits, and of the ones I looked through on d20pfsrd, the Dangerously curious one looked like one I'd probably want to pick up. As for feats, the one I kind of like for 1st level is Mother's Gift, though only because spell resistance seems like it would be occasionally useful. I've mostly been using the d20pfsrd for character creation, and I think some ideas from other people might help, since it feels like I've been staring at the wiki for days.