View Full Version : Grapples in d20 Modern

fancylee
2012-11-03, 05:09 AM
Basically, we're playing a Fallout: New York homebrewish campaign with 5 players. I'm the Strong Hero, and have built him gorgeously around his personality as a slightly unhinged man who believes he's a Luchador. Level 3 now with as many feats as possible in Grappling and Unarmed Attacks.

I have talked with the DM on the side, and we want my character to have a role-playing ultimatum near the campaign's end.
One-on-one.
To the death.
With a Deathclaw.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Deathclaw_(Fallout_Supplement)

Q1 - We want to work this in about level 7-9. Is this feasible? We want it to be pretty even (i.e. reasonable that I can die, but not way too out of my reach). I'm accustomed to 4.0, so I have no idea just how powerful my d20 Modern Luchador will be.

Q2 - Exactly what feats should I choose to completely maximize my Grapples and Unarmed Attacks?

Q3 - When I have a creature in a Grapple, what kinds of attacks can I make? I know I can just deal my regular unarmed damage, but what about chokes? What about attempting to break one of their limbs or tear it off? Could I go Bane on their ass and break their spine, forcing them to make saves on fortitude for consciousness, pain, and paralysis? Combining those questions, could I crush their windpipe forcing them into a constant suffocation without me having to choke them? What about headbutting them or hitting them hard enough/enough times in the head to simply knock them out (helpless and asleep for 1d? rounds)?

Q4 - Our DM is very creativity-friendly. Our Charismatic Hero tamed a Giant Irradiated Rat, and upon me IRL drafting schematics and doing pretty math, convinced our DM to let me craft over the period of an in-game week and 4 successive skill checks a Hodge-Podge Cloth/Plate armor set for our rat now named Pikachu. Rules/Ideas for crafting power gauntlets, spiked gloves, etc. that will boost my Grapples or Unarmed Attacks?