PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] class/build ideas

ojayaba
2012-11-03, 05:26 AM
Okay playground, i was looking at some classes that i thought would be fun to play/use. mainly the dervish and the tempest.

If this boils down to "play a caster" then get out now

I actually WANT to play a melee class and I don't want to get into any magic at all for this build. I don't even want to look at magic gear for this as I just want to play this as a FUN thing to play.

What I'm trying to do here is make a two weapon fighter that can fit all 10 levels of dervish and all 5 levels of tempest into the build. I was hoping to be able to get skirmish in with enough to reach a improved skirmish but then I would fall short of the twf blender i was looking at...

the current build I was thinking about was barb1/ftr4/dervish10/tempest5 = possible little blender that meets all the pre reqs for feats, BAB and skills but just doesn't seem like it will meet my twf damage quota even with full attack on the move and cleave/g. cleave....

dervish pre reqs: BAB +5, combat expertise, dodge, mobility, weapon focus(slashing weapon), perform 3 ranks, tumble 3 ranks
(dervish grants spring attack at 3rd, proxy cleave and proxy great cleave as well)

tempest pre reqs: BAB +6, dodge mobility, spring attack, twf, itwf

So playground I have come to you for help on this build. Help me oh mighty boards of greatness.

book restrictions: no psionics, ToB, Dragon/Dungeon magazines, no 3rd party sources.

Edit: so after further reading of the dervish dance ability I am a moron for even thinking Barb was an options since it says right in teh ability that it can't be used well using frenzy or rage :P

Diovid
2012-11-03, 05:35 AM
This guide (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870778/The_Dervish_Handbook) has a build you might like:

Swashbuckler 3 / Fighter 2 / Dervish 10 / Tempest 5
The build defines elegance. Optimal cherry picking of base classes that a DM will likely approve (easy role-play justification and there is only 2) and not only completing PrCs (which will make your DM happy), but also synergizing them (which will make you happy). Simple, effective, and non setting specific. All TWF dervishes should meet this standard; if they can’t, you are making your character overly complicated. Note, this does not mean this build is the best; it is sort of like pizza - easy, simple, yet good.
That guide also has other stuff (classes, feats, races etc) you might find useful.

ojayaba
2012-11-03, 06:13 AM
This guide (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870778/The_Dervish_Handbook) has a build you might like:

Swashbuckler 3 / Fighter 2 / Dervish 10 / Tempest 5
The build defines elegance. Optimal cherry picking of base classes that a DM will likely approve (easy role-play justification and there is only 2) and not only completing PrCs (which will make your DM happy), but also synergizing them (which will make you happy). Simple, effective, and non setting specific. All TWF dervishes should meet this standard; if they can’t, you are making your character overly complicated. Note, this does not mean this build is the best; it is sort of like pizza - easy, simple, yet good.
That guide also has other stuff (classes, feats, races etc) you might find useful.

Well, THAT is an option to think about...
my thoughts where rage into more damage but swashbuckler does seem to be a good option as well and its solid damage unlike skirmish or sneak attack. no penalty to BAB as well as class skills that work in my favor...