PDA

View Full Version : Cheese flavor of the day question

AdamT
2012-11-03, 04:06 PM
Ok, this question is about something beyond cheesy, but by RAW, does it work? (I'm sure its been asked before, but with no search I figured I'd just ask)

Setup: Wizard 3 / druid 3 / psion 3
question: If I take a level of cerebremancer to progress psion and wizard, could I then take a level of mystic theurge to progress casting in druid and cerebremancer (which would progress psion and wizard)?

In effect, by raw, could a level in one dual progression prc advance casting in a second dual progression prc?

Tvtyrant
2012-11-03, 04:09 PM
No. Cerebremancer does not have any casting to progress, it simply progresses two other classes.

Darrin
2012-11-03, 04:16 PM
If you're looking for a Triple 9 build I believe this is it:

Triple Cheeseburger with Onions (3*9th Caster) (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19864206/Tripple_Cheesebuger_with_Onions_(3*9th_Caster))

AdamT
2012-11-03, 04:24 PM
The triple cheese burger build is interesting to see, but goes away from what initially prompted the question.

When I first bought magic of incarnum I was very unimpressed. I never read the full book because it just did not appeal to me. I see a lot of builds on here now that uses incarnum, either as feats or a class (seems totemist is the clear winner around here). So I started reading the book again. When I got to the prcs I realized with wizard early entry you could enter the dual progression prc with a single level of wizard and 2 levels of totemist. You need a couple more levels of something because you need knowledge (arcana) with 8 ranks. So I was trying to figure out how to maximize the value of those other two levels, with the requirement of keeping minimum 9th level wizard spells.

Anyone have any builds for the soulcaster?

Zombulian
2012-11-03, 04:44 PM
The triple cheese burger build is interesting to see, but goes away from what initially prompted the question.

When I first bought magic of incarnum I was very unimpressed. I never read the full book because it just did not appeal to me. I see a lot of builds on here now that uses incarnum, either as feats or a class (seems totemist is the clear winner around here). So I started reading the book again. When I got to the prcs I realized with wizard early entry you could enter the dual progression prc with a single level of wizard and 2 levels of totemist. You need a couple more levels of something because you need knowledge (arcana) with 8 ranks. So I was trying to figure out how to maximize the value of those other two levels, with the requirement of keeping minimum 9th level wizard spells.

Anyone have any builds for the soulcaster?

Yes, it's called being a Soul Manifester.