PDA

View Full Version : Versus #9!

Cranthis
2012-11-04, 02:36 PM
I'm going to give you guys two 3.5 classes, sometimes drastically different, sometimes very similar. I want to hear your opinions on who would win between the two, and why. The only rule is "Don't use tiers as your only means of explanation". This isn't any sort of contest, it is just a side by side comparison of classes.

Today's versus: Warlock vs Binder

Assume both are level 10 (this will not always be the case)

Use your own logic, and your own builds if you want, and explain which side you think wins.

This thread is for gathering general opinions, and is not intended to copy anything similar that may have been done already, excluding my own posts.

eggs
2012-11-04, 02:41 PM
Assume both are level (this will not always be the case)
The Binder has a really weird level-wise power curve. Could we pin this down somewhere?

Cranthis
2012-11-04, 02:42 PM
The Binder has a really weird level-wise power curve. Could we pin this down somewhere?

Fixed, my apologies.

Arcanist
2012-11-04, 03:00 PM
You forgot the book limiting which could be a deciding factor in this matter...

Cranthis
2012-11-04, 03:00 PM
You forgot the book limiting which could be a deciding factor in this matter...

Now that I did not forget.

toapat
2012-11-04, 03:09 PM
im going to say Warlock, because of this:

Although the warlock has a very limited flexibility, the binder is from the "Tome of ideas that dont exactly work right"

Binder is a complex class, in a book with formatting that doesnt help it. the Warlock is more of a direct translation of any spellcasting DPS in MMOs, sure, it isnt as flexible, but it is straightforward and effective.

Aegis013
2012-11-04, 03:31 PM
Binder is a complex class, in a book with formatting that doesnt help it. the Warlock is more of a direct translation of any spellcasting DPS in MMOs, sure, it isnt as flexible, but it is straightforward and effective.

Neither of those is at all a hit against the mechanical capabilities of Binder. With no book limitations at all, it's a pretty even fight. Limitless Summon Monster V (Binder) from Zceryll versus the pretty impressive damage a Clawlock can dish out, and its teleportation abilities through Flee the Scene make it a pretty even fight, in my estimate.

If Web based and Dragon Mag aren't available, probably gonna be the Warlock due to being able to keep away fairly easily and the range on EB via Eldritch Spear is pretty high, and the damage will outpace the Fast Healing 2 from Buer.

Cranthis
2012-11-04, 07:58 PM
If Web based and Dragon Mag aren't available, probably gonna be the Warlock due to being able to keep away fairly easily and the range on EB via Eldritch Spear is pretty high, and the damage will outpace the Fast Healing 2 from Buer.

Web and Dragon are available, there is no source limit for this Versus.