PDA

View Full Version : Shipwrecked! [Dungeon World, IC]

Zdrak
2012-11-04, 09:07 PM
The broken silhouette of a mighty ship looms on the horizon, backlit by the breaking dawn, as four figures sit up, dazed and stunned, on the sandy beach that does not appear on any map. These three, Lucia, Ot and Talon were traveling on the caravelle Valeria, when it got caught in a storm and wrecked on the rocks on an uncharted island. The lifeboats, packed to the brim, never had a chance. They overturned and all hands were lost in the surf. Except for one, that somehow managed to get close enough for those three to swim for their lives.

Now, there's time to take stock at the situation. On the east, waves break ashore, and pieces of equipment roll in the surf - your equipment, presumably. South and north, the sandy beach continues as far as you can see in the murky light. To the west, a dense forest greets you, with mountains rising from the ground-hugging mist if you cast your gaze far enough.

From above, Ot hears a familiar screech. The hawk made it as well, and he's not even wet, the lucky thing.

Sodalite
2012-11-04, 10:55 PM
Ot quickly shook himself, coughed hard to get some of that sea water out of his lungs, and stood up. He looked over himself a bit and noticed that his camouflage paints had hardly washed off, and made a mental that this mix happens to be waterproof. He whistled loud and called out to the hawk "Get down here, you! You're no seagull, and there's hardly anythin' of that ship left for somethin' tasty to hang on to!" With the bird on his shoulder, Ot walked up the waves, put on his leather gear, picked up his bow, spear, pack, and quiver, and began leisurely strolling towards the woods. He quipped to the others "Arright, all of you, get up off the ground and hurry up. Just 'cause the ship wreck'd doesn't make this beach here the best place to rest."

HealytheHealslime
2012-11-05, 12:34 AM
"Ugh." Lucia stood up and picked up what was left of her provisions on the surf. "At least most of the food is still good." She'd have to dedicate an hour of prayer to the shipwrecked dead, but that could wait until after she and the others got back on their feet.

TalonDemonKing
2012-11-05, 04:45 AM
(What time of day is it?)
"I suppose you could say this is punishment for drinking with the Captain." Talon came from the east, most of his armor intact, his weapons on hand. He carried one of his boots, holding it upside down, shaking it to clear it of sand. "Gonna be findin' sand for weeks in this armor an' places I don' wanna mention. Glad to see I'm not the only survivor though. Y'all noticed any other lucky fellows?"

Zdrak
2012-11-05, 12:07 PM
(What time of day is it?)

The broken silhouette of a mighty ship looms on the horizon, backlit by the breaking dawn...
ten character filler

ChrisClark13
2012-11-05, 02:18 PM
Lucian picks up what little of his equipment isn't on him at all times and his fedora out of the waves, putting the sopping wet had right on to his sopping wet head. He then heads to the others waving at Talon. "Hey! Nice to see you're still kicking Talon!" He warily keeps an eye on others though, especially the paladin.

Sodalite
2012-11-05, 02:27 PM
Ot's stride broke for a split second when he heard Lucian's voice. Why did he have to be on that ship? Ot thought to himself with a sigh. He's only going to make this harder...Oh well, I suppose it's fortunate enough that I survived, regardless of who I survived with.

Zdrak
2012-11-06, 01:26 PM
Everyone roll+WIS [ranger may add his companion's cunning, if the companion is trained to scout or guard]

10+
You get the distinct feeling someone is watching you...
12+
... from the jungle.

TalonDemonKing
2012-11-07, 07:14 AM
"'Kickin' fits, I guess. Not so much for the rest of the crew. Figured you would have gone down with the rest of the bunch; how'd you make it out?" Talon puts his boot back on, making a face as he moved is foot around. "Good enough, I guess. Anyone know where we are?"

Sodalite
2012-11-07, 08:09 AM
"No idea, at al--" Ot froze in place, followed by him and the bird scanning the edge of the forest. ""There's watchers this way. I guess that's the only thin' we could expect, since presumably a shipwreck wouldn't go unnoticed. Either way, keep on your toes."

ChrisClark13
2012-11-07, 11:50 AM
Lucian looked around, but he didn't really see anything. "Eh, I got here on some driftwood." He looks back out to sea at the stuff washing ashore, poking some of it with his sword. "Maybe you should try talking to the watchers ranger?"

Discern Realities on the wreckage.
Questions

What here is useful or valuable to me?
What here is not what it appears to be?
What should I be on the lookout for?

[roll0]

Zdrak
2012-11-07, 04:13 PM
Lucian paces past waves breaking ashore as they toss around rocks smoothed by years of rolling in the surf. Some bits of wreckage float by, broken boards and what might have been clothing once, now soggy and torn. Nothing appears to be of use nor danger, except he needs to be careful for a board smashing against his ankles.

TalonDemonKing
2012-11-08, 10:02 AM
"Watchers? You mean like, some sort of secret group or somethin? Or ya talkin' locals? They friendly?"

Sodalite
2012-11-08, 10:10 AM
"Not sure." Ot said, suddenly somewhat quiet, as well as crouched. He tapped the bird on the head, and gestured a wide arc passing through the edge of the forest. It flew along the arc, and gave what it saw along the way to Ot.