PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a convention game?

Totally Guy
2012-11-05, 12:08 PM
I'm confident and happy when running games at conventions but I seem to keep on picking to play in rather duff ones somehow.

When you are at a con what kind of games do you gravitate towards? Descriptions? Systems? Individuals?

Anxe
2012-11-05, 01:04 PM
Magic the Gathering games. I'm not very comfortable playing other games with strangers. If I go to a convention I'll usually play some Magic pickup games, do a booster draft, check out the merchandise, and then leave.

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-11-05, 01:15 PM
New systems are always the biggest factor for me, and systems which I've been wanting to play.

After that, I suppose the "elevator pitch" for the game theme is what would sell me.

Alejandro
2012-11-05, 05:45 PM
A good start is evaluating the average personal hygiene of the table, followed by the amount of good natured conversation.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-06, 10:05 AM
Games from systems that I can't play at home, or haven't tried yet and want to try. Also, pre-generated characters. If I have to waste MY valuable convention time whipping up a new character because the GM couldn't be bothered, then I see no reason to play.