PDA

View Full Version : What to play?

azulanaga
2012-11-05, 03:04 PM
Looking for a game to play. I have a PS3. A decent story is important. Linear gameplay/not a sandbox. Definitely no turn based combat. As little level grinding as possible. On the easier side of the difficulty spectrum. Non-cartoonish art style if possible.

warty goblin
2012-11-05, 03:06 PM
What genre?

azulanaga
2012-11-05, 03:18 PM
What genre?

Not too important; however a game with some Platformer/RPG/Puzzle elements might be the most fitting.
Edit: Nothing of the horror genre.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-11-05, 03:43 PM
Dragon Age 2, I guess. Sounds like what you want. Origins is too repetitive.

Your request is... rather odd, though. Linear, but good story, with easy gameplay and no grinding. Why don't you just watch or read something?

Wookieetank
2012-11-05, 03:53 PM
I greatly enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 on the RPG side of things. If you're looking for MORE of a challage, I highly reccomend Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Ridiculously hard, but at the same time, once you overcome anything you feel like you actually acomplished something.

On the complete opposite side of the spectrum, Katamari Forever. You play as a cosmic prince pushing a ball that you use to roll things up to make a bigger ball so that you can roll up larger things. Probably one of the goofiest game series I have ever played, and most likely my favorite too.

RagingKrikkit
2012-11-05, 06:22 PM
Since you're asking for game suggestions, I'm going to assume that you've already played Metal Gear Solid 3-4.

cyberwolf247
2012-11-16, 11:49 AM
Two of my favorites are The Binding of Isaac http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261644

And Realm of the Mad God http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253246&page=3

I also Like Disgaea :D

Rake21
2012-11-16, 12:09 PM
If you want something different, there's always Alpha Protocol.

Yeah, the controls are more than a little wonky, and the game is silly-easy to break if you focus on pistols. But it has one of the more solid and player-adaptive stories I've seen.