PDA

View Full Version : Spell to Commandeer spells

Qintopon
2012-11-05, 07:44 PM
Is there a spell that can commandeer spells with lasting effects?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-05, 07:54 PM
There is one that takes control of summons (Perfect Summons in BoED), and one that is more general that gains control of buffs you dispel off enemies (Reaving Dispel (SpC).

Perfect summons makes a 40ft area where if anyone summons anything that is evil or neutral in that area that creature is not controlled by the caster and will probably attack the caster. Its slightly less optimal for you but is 4th level.

Reaving Dispel is what you want but it's 9th level which may put it out of reach for a bit.

Qintopon
2012-11-07, 01:34 AM
Thanks I appreciate the help of this community.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-11-07, 05:02 AM
There's the psionic power co-opt concentration. I can't recall if the target has to be willing or not though. You can look it up on http://www.d20srd.org if you're interested.

Edit: checked it myself, it's a 6th level power and can be used to steal an enemy's power. Psionic magic transparency makes power and spell virtually synonymous, so it should work on spells too. Ask your DM to be sure though.

Feytalist
2012-11-07, 05:12 AM
Isn't there an actual spell called steal spell that can steal active buffs from a target and apply them to you? I seem to vividly recall reading its description somewhere, but damned if I can remember exactly where. Complete Mage / Complete Scoundrel?

I might have hallucinated this.

Ernir
2012-11-07, 06:15 AM
Isn't there an actual spell called steal spell that can steal active buffs from a target and apply them to you? I seem to vividly recall reading its description somewhere, but damned if I can remember exactly where. Complete Mage / Complete Scoundrel?

I might have hallucinated this.

Spell Theft, Complete Scoundrel. Sor/Wiz 5.

It's a pretty good spell in general, and allows a fun combo or two.

Feytalist
2012-11-07, 06:30 AM
Spell Theft, Complete Scoundrel. Sor/Wiz 5.

It's a pretty good spell in general, and allows a fun combo or two.

Ah yes, that's the one. I had the wrong name, no wonder I couldn't track it down.

It's a rather useful spell. It might do what you're looking for.

Hunter Noventa
2012-11-07, 01:47 PM
I think either Complete Mage or Dragon Magic had a warlock invocation that could steal a summon from an enemy. But it's not worth taking when a warlock has so few invocations.

Syrinth
2012-11-08, 02:19 PM
Complete Mage has a spell to steal summoning spells. I believe it's called Steal Summon.

Immediate cast time and has to be cast as the summoning spell is completed.