PDA

View Full Version : Using a ranged weapon on adjacent enemy

Myrddin0001
2012-11-05, 10:20 PM
Here's a 3.5 question. Usually making a ranged attack with a bow, crossbow, etc. on an adjacent enemy provokes an AoO. Is there a feat or something to negate the opponents AoO against you for making such an attack?

Siosilvar
2012-11-05, 10:22 PM
I'm aware of one Epic feat (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#combatArchery), and there's always the 5-foot step if you don't need to be in that exact square.

Eldariel
2012-11-05, 10:29 PM
Here's a 3.5 question. Usually making a ranged attack with a bow, crossbow, etc. on an adjacent enemy provokes an AoO. Is there a feat or something to negate the opponents AoO against you for making such an attack?

Exotic Weapon Master's Close-Quarter Ranged Combat enables this (only on exotic weapons tho). Order of the Bow Initiate gets this on level 2 (but the class is otherwise so worthless I'd skip). Defensive Throw from Master Thrower.

All of these classes are in Complete Warrior. Furthermore, 3.0 Order of the Bow Initiate [Sword & Fist] gets the ability and is a 100% more useful class than the 3.5 version from Complete Warrior. Then there's a bunch in Pathfinder but I understand that's outside your range of options.

Namfuak
2012-11-05, 11:51 PM
Arrowmind is a 1st level ranger/wizard/sorcerer spell from SpC (originally CAdv, but updated in SpC) that doesn't just let you avoid AoOs from firing next to an enemy, but also makes your bow threaten those within your normal reach (so 5ft if small/medium, 10 if large, etc).