PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] uncanny trickster/legacy champion

ojayaba
2012-11-06, 12:24 PM
with the uncanny trickster and the legacy champion you increase class abilities as though you had gained levels in the class itself, so does that mean that you could increase your wizard/sorcerer level for familiar?
or druid/ranger for animal companion?
perhaps paladin for special mount?
clerics turn undead ability?

what would those classes increase and what wouldn't they increase?

Kelb_Panthera
2012-11-06, 06:06 PM
I'll explain with UT.

On your second and third levels of the PrC, you'd get the uncanny trickster's HD, base saving throw bonuses, and skillpoints, and you'd spend those skill points on UT class skills, but otherwise you'd get all the features you would get if you had instead taken a level in one of the classes to which you already belonged. Say for example you had 4 levels of paladin prior to this level up, you would gain the special mount class feature, another use of smite evil, another point of damage when you succesfully smite something, and a new 1st level spell slot, just as though you had taken the 5th level of paladin.

ojayaba
2012-11-06, 06:13 PM
so if i was ranger 5/ order of the bow initiate 2/ uncanny trickster 2 i would count at a 6th level ranger for everything and a 3rd level OotBI?

Kelb_Panthera
2012-11-06, 06:17 PM
so if i was ranger 5/ order of the bow initiate 2/ uncanny trickster 2 i would count at a 6th level ranger for everything and a 3rd level OotBI?

No. You'd have to pick one or the other to advance. You could count as a ranger 6/ OotBI 2 or a ranger 5/ OotBI 3.