PDA

View Full Version : PF sorcerer- help with spells & feats

Spuddles
2012-11-06, 04:18 PM
Hello playground. I am playing a level 1 sorcerer in a pathfinder game, but all 3.5 material is available, on a case-by-case basis. The basic character idea was large repertoire of spells known and social butterfly, as opposed to blasting. I don' anticipate going above level 6 or 8 or so, so longterm build isn't worth it. Expensive metamagic is bad, given my current build.

The character is already built. Human sorcerer, serpentine bloodline. Feats are racial heritage (kobold) and dragonwrought. Flaws are on the table, and I am thinking about picking a couple up. deity is a lawful neutral god of commerce, abadon. Background is merchant prince, forming an adventuring group, acquisitions Ltd. llc.

My DM has agreed that fast learner can let me get a second spell known per level.

Traits were one that makes perception a class skill and diplomacy a class skill.

I have 20 int and 23 cha, thanks to high rolling method and venerable age.

Spells known are
Daze
Launch bolt
Presto
Detect magic
Charm person
Sleep
Mage armor

Right now I am in a crypt with only the dead. I am basically a very handsome commoner. I put mage armor on the VoP cleric and ineffectively launch bolts. Know arcana, spellcraft, and detect magic have been very helpful, though.

Now that I have given you more info than you want, my question is, WHERE SHOULD I GO WITH THIS CHARACTER?

My feat plans are fast learner at 2nd, touchstone: city of the dead at 4, draconic reservoir at 6, going sorc5/sandshaper1. If I grab flaws, I am thinking versatile spellcaster and sculpt spell, or sculpt spell and the PF feat that reduces spell level adjustment of a metamagic feat cha mod times per dat, or apprenice and mother cyst. Mother cyst/apprentice route only gives me 4 more spells known over 6 levels. Not sure if worth it, given that I get two bonus spells just for taking a level in sorcerer. :smallfrown:

Spells I should pick up? Definitely need some help on this one. A lot of the good low level lock down stuff- grease, web, glitterdust- are much worse in PF. Almost bad enough to make me skip them in favor of other spells.

Thanks in advance for helps