PDA

View Full Version : Help on Cohort (3.5)

Mutant_Anthrax
2012-11-06, 05:19 PM
my cohort would be a lvl 13. id like to make it good in battle. the hinderances would be it will be an awaken black bear druid with 12 wisdom and one feat used on improved animal companion for a black bear animal companion first lvl. i was told that these forum help people with these types of question. and yes i am new to dnd

also my dm might be crazy sent a lvl 20 monk /lvl 20 wizard at a party of lvl 15's so the cohort might need to help considerably.

ahenobarbi
2012-11-07, 05:54 AM
I'm not sure if I understood your post correctly. And I thin we'll need more information, so please answer some questions:
- Will your cohort be an awakened black bear with 12 wisdom?
- Do you know other statistics of your cohort?
- Will your cohort be level 13?
- Does your cohort have to be a druid?
- What character do you play?
- What are other characters in your party?

Mutant_Anthrax
2012-11-07, 09:02 PM
my mistake

-my cohort will be an awakened black bear of lvl 12
-stats are str-19 dex-13 con-15 wis-12 cha-8
-my character is an awakened black bear grappler lvl 15
-want it to be a druid for bears theme
-our party does not have a druid

Gavinfoxx
2012-11-07, 09:07 PM
You know you can do bear theme without actually being a bear, yes?

There are LOTS of ways, all over the game.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=6061.0

Urpriest
2012-11-07, 09:09 PM
Has your DM explicitly allowed this? Because you can't actually have an awakened black bear as a cohort under normal rules, they don't have LA.

Acanous
2012-11-07, 09:12 PM
Given that HE is an awakened black bear, I assume they've houseruled something.

Mutant_Anthrax
2012-11-08, 11:20 PM
it is allowed in this campaign. i know there are more options but im a bear luchador (grappler). this druid would just be for more shenanigans to have fun role playing.

Rejakor
2012-11-08, 11:25 PM
Does this bear have the normal Racial Hit Dice of a bear? I.e. does he have the bear hit dice and BAB and skill points and stuff, or can he replace those with druid levels?

How many LA has your DM added to take into account the Awakened Black Bear ability scores and such?

I.e. based on his Level Adjustment and Racial Hit Dice, how many actual levels of druid does he get to have at level 13?