PDA

View Full Version : The Heroes of Belrens

Nexo_the_Wise
2012-11-06, 06:50 PM
"Now listen up child, I'm going to tell you a story. You see, a long time ago, back when magic was strong, there was a strange place known as Belrens. Belrens was a land of wonders and riches! It's people were both strange and wonderful. This was a time of elves and dwarves, Dragons and Gods! Now, one city in particular known as Gully was the greatest city of them all. In Gully one could find anything his heart desired."
"This story is about five heroes, who through cooperation and a whole lot of luck went down in legends as what we now call "The Grand Five"."
"Our tale begins in the old town district of Gully. Right next to the docks..."

Nexo_the_Wise
2012-11-14, 01:58 AM
The docks are a bustling hive of activity today. There's a festival coming up and merchants and travellers alike are coming to the city in droves. Amidst this chaos, there is one man who is not in any hurry at all. He's just fishing, apparently without a care in the world. As he's sitting there, a loud shriek fills the streets.

Blueiji
2012-11-14, 02:15 AM
Sawyer whirls around, the piercing scream startling him. He considers ignoring the scream, assuming it to be part of the procession. However, curiosity overtakes him and Sawyer decides to investigate.

Sawyer hoists himself from his sitting position, and straps his fishing-pole, nicknamed "Salsus" to his back. Her then begins to stride toward the source of the scream, keeping an eye out for any clues as to what its source could have been.

Nexo_the_Wise
2012-11-14, 02:31 AM
As Sawyer heads towards the source, a second shriek is heard. It then starts to repeat rapidly. It's the city's alarm! Most of the new arrivals here are startled by the screeching alarm, but quickly return to what they are doing.

Make a gather information check if you have any ranks in it, to speed this up.

Zman
2012-11-14, 06:09 AM
Aavariel stands perusing the wares of a local trinket shop while on her way to look at more scrolls when a shrieking alarm can be heard, she quickly tries to figure out what is wrong...

Gather Information[roll0]

Winds
2012-11-14, 11:53 AM
Valaris heads toward the sound, trying to figure what's causing it.

Gather Information (untrained): [roll0]

Nexo_the_Wise
2012-11-14, 01:37 PM
Everyone who is asked says the same thing "All able bodied hands are supposed to go to the Old Town district. I don't know why."

Flame Haze
2012-11-14, 05:17 PM
Aryxon wonders what all the commotion is about. He's going to the Old Town District.

Blueiji
2012-11-14, 06:13 PM
Sawyer, considering himself an "able bodied hand", heads off towards the Old District.

Zman
2012-11-14, 06:54 PM
Aavariel. Moves off toward Old Town.

Winds
2012-11-14, 09:49 PM
Valaris: Being in Old Town already, looks around for the cause of the commotion.

Alertness checks, if necessary:

Spot: [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Nexo_the_Wise
2012-11-15, 12:16 AM
Upon entering Old Town (besides Valaris) you are all greeted by the sight of a large crowd gathered in the square. Standing in the middle of the square on a well used platform is a tall man in dull armor. He's currently trying to quiet the crowd.

make a knowledge (local) check to see if any of you know who he is

Flame Haze
2012-11-16, 01:46 AM
Aryxon walks towards the back of the crowd, waiting for the man to speak.

Knowledge (Local): [roll0]

Winds
2012-11-16, 08:49 AM
Valaris watches the crowd and speaker closely.

Knowledge Local (Untrained): [roll0]

Zman
2012-11-16, 01:39 PM
Aavariel

Chooses to not make a check, she hasn't been there long enough to know such information.

Blueiji
2012-11-16, 05:39 PM
Eoin doesn't recognize the figure, but listens intently.

None of us have ranks in Knowledge: Local, and Knowledge is a trained skill. Never mind, sorry.

Zman
2012-11-16, 05:41 PM
Knowledge checks can be mad untrained, but results are capped at 10.

Blueiji
2012-11-17, 12:25 AM
Knowledge checks can be mad untrained, but results are capped at 10.

Oh, thanks, I hadn't realized. Never mind my earlier statement.

Nexo_the_Wise
2012-11-17, 03:17 AM
The speaker finally gets the crowd quieted down. He then says in a rather hurried way " Attention citizens and visitors alike! The city is under attack! I need all able bodied adventurers and the like to participate in the defense! We are beingattacked by the goblins of the Ugly Arrow tribe. Now for those of you who have done this before, you can go ahead and get to work. As for the rest of you, for every goblin ear brought to us at the Barracks after we have secured the city will be worth one gold piece per pair. If anyone is brave enough to go after the chieftain and strong enough to survive, they will be rewarded with a large amount of gold and even a little something special courtesy of the High Council themselves. For safety reasons I need you all to group together into small groups of four or five people. Good luck out there and remember, you are not alone! For Gully! "

Nexo_the_Wise
2012-11-17, 03:21 AM
By the way the man is named Daron Selqui a human. He's also the captain of the guard.

Blueiji
2012-11-17, 04:12 AM
Sawyer feels confident, he's sure he could take on a couple goblins, and the gold reward didn't sound to bad either.

He begins looking for a group.

Flame Haze
2012-11-17, 10:49 PM
Aryxon is fired up a bit. He starts searching for a group.

Zman
2012-11-17, 10:59 PM
Goblin hunting, there are worse ways to spend my time.... Aavariel looks for a group of people who won't prove a handicap.

Blueiji
2012-11-18, 12:15 AM
Sawyer scans the crowd, looking for someone who might be a worthy companion.

He spots one individual, another human about Sawyer's own age, who seems to have an aura of other worldiness about him. He also notices the sharp cutlass sheathed at the man's belt.

Deciding this fellow to be worth associating with, at least for the affair of hunting down Goblins, Sawyer strides toward him.

Upon reaching the cutlass carrying indivual, Sawyer asks; Hey, are you planning to help combat the goblins?

Winds
2012-11-20, 08:55 AM
Valaris glances at the man with the fishing pole and grins. "Yes. Or helping, anyway. Are you? Because I mostly just heal."

Blueiji
2012-11-20, 06:12 PM
Amused by Valaris' statment, Sawyer replies; Good, because I mainly just get myself injured.

Sawyer then turns to face the crowd; Perhaps we should find our self a few more companions, just in case we need more people to get themselves injured.