PDA

View Full Version : [PF] The Void Scythe and non-Divines

Desril
2012-11-06, 06:52 PM
Alright, I'm looking through the Ultimate Equipment book for Pathfinder, and the Void Scythe looks amazing. But I don't care for divine casters. The problem I'm seeing with that is this:

"The wielder can channel negative energy
directly into the scythe to charge it with life-destroying energy
for 1 round per die of channeling."

My current character is a straight up Magus, is there any way to "channel negative energy directly into the scythe" for me? A Feat or Arcana I can take to get Channel Negative Energy? Would simply casting Vampiric Touch be enough to count?

What does the Playground think?

Squirrel_Dude
2012-11-06, 08:40 PM
I can't seem to find anything that would allow you to channel energy as a magus that is a feat or an arcana.

grarrrg
2012-11-06, 09:10 PM
Virtually all Channeling is Class-only.
And most of those classes/archetypes have limits on how they can use the channeling.
Example: a Necromancy School (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-schools/paizo---arcane-schools/classic-arcane-schools/necromancy) Wizard can ONLY Channel Energy to use either the Turn Undead, or Rebuke Undead feat(s), so he would not be able to use the Void Scythe.

So as far as a Magus is concerned, you get nothing.
Even dipping Cleric for 1 level would only get you very weak Channeling, and there are only a small handful of items that boost Channeling.