PDA

View Full Version : Non-class sources of free manyshot, dodge, or quick draw?

Hirax
2012-11-06, 07:53 PM
I want improved rapid shot. I don't want manyshot. This is for a drunken master build, and class levels are tight enough that dipping classes isn't an option. Tentative build is Monk2/fighter2/warblade1/barb2/bloodstorm blade2/frenzied berserker1/drunken master9/master thrower1.

Edit: and the dodge feat, too, come to think. Stupid pre reqs.
Edit2: and quick draw. So that I can actually make full attacks with a barrage of improvised weapons.

Darrin
2012-11-06, 08:16 PM
I want improved rapid shot. I don't want manyshot. This is for a drunken master build, and class levels are tight enough that dipping classes isn't an option. Tentative build is Monk2/fighter2/warblade1/barb2/bloodstorm blade2/frenzied berserker1/drunken master9/master thrower1.

Edit: and the dodge feat, too, come to think. Stupid pre reqs

You can pick up Dodge via the Cobra Strike variant fighting style (http://srd.realmspire.com/unearthedCoreClass.html#fighting-styles) for Monks.

Manyshot... isn't really available, other than Ranger 6. However, you can use the Simple Barbarian (http://srd.realmspire.com/unearthedCoreClass.html#simple-barbarian) variant to pick up Rapid Shot at Barbarian 2. If you delay your Fighter levels until you have BAB +6, you can pick up Manyshot that way. But you lose Indomitable Will and all your Rage abilities.

Hirax
2012-11-06, 08:20 PM
Already using monk for power attack and imp. bull rush (and knockback with dungeoncrasher), so that's be a wash. Plus rage is part of the theme.

Quick draw is also needed, too, come to think.

Spuddles
2012-11-06, 08:21 PM
Heroics, SpC.

Darrin
2012-11-06, 08:50 PM
Already using monk for power attack and imp. bull rush (and knockback with dungeoncrasher), so that's be a wash. Plus rage is part of the theme.

Quick draw is also needed, too, come to think.

Ok... Can you go elf + Dark Chaos Shuffle?

Hirax
2012-11-06, 08:56 PM
Elf wouldn't strictly be necessary, I could shuffle out diehard and improved feint, which I get for free, without worrying too much, for instance. I'd prefer to avoid chaos shuffling, though. Otherwise I'd be more likely to shuffle location feats than take an elf for its feats. Elves don't make very good angry drunks.