PDA

View Full Version : PF Tiefling, Physical Characteristics problem.

Snowbluff
2012-11-07, 12:20 AM
I am one of those guys that likes to roll everything. Weight, height, eye color, gender. I like having a random looking character unless I have something in mind.

Now here's my problem, Pathfinder added a bunch of wonderful new things to roll for tieflings the likes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/FATAL?from=Main.FATAL) of which I have never seen. :smallannoyed:

Cool, but at the same time annoying.

So. My character is a hermaphrodite. I don't know whether to roll roll the height and weight for that of a male or female character. Can anyone help me figure this one out?

Hylas
2012-11-07, 12:34 AM
4 ft. 7 in. +2d10 in.
103 lbs. +(2d10×5 lbs.)

There you go.

Snowbluff
2012-11-07, 12:42 AM
4 ft. 7 in. +2d10 in.
103 lbs. +(2d10×5 lbs.)

There you go.

Average? Sounds good. I'll fall back on this.

I was hoping someone would have some insight on hermaphrodites, though. Seems like a stretch, since getting an average height/weight on such rare phenomenon would be hard, the results invalid.

Hylas
2012-11-07, 01:04 AM
I went to go do some Google searching on the subject and this thread managed to pop up on the first page. :smallbiggrin:

But yeah, the information out there seems to be difficult to find. From my perspective you can either have a "more male-ish" or a "more female-ish" character and use those statistics. Perhaps this choice can reflect on how the character acts, or what they wish they were. Or perhaps the opposite could be true and they resent being more like one gender. The third option is to have each gender reflected equally and take the average. Or, you could mix and match, maybe they have the stats of a woman and a deep masculine voice.

Part of making a character is turning numbers on a page into a person. Have fun with whatever you decide!

Slipperychicken
2012-11-07, 11:44 AM
Flip a d2, 1 means you use Male weight, 2 means you use Female weight.

Snowbluff
2012-11-07, 11:56 AM
I went to go do some Google searching on the subject and this thread managed to pop up on the first page. :smallbiggrin:

These rules don't get used enough. :smalltongue:

But yeah, the information out there seems to be difficult to find. From my perspective you can either have a "more male-ish" or a "more female-ish" character and use those statistics. Perhaps this choice can reflect on how the character acts, or what they wish they were. Or perhaps the opposite could be true and they resent being more like one gender. The third option is to have each gender reflected equally and take the average. Or, you could mix and match, maybe they have the stats of a woman and a deep masculine voice.

Flip a d2, 1 means you use Male weight, 2 means you use Female weight.

Now these are good ideas. I'll wait until I'll just d2 evrything, though.

Part of making a character is turning numbers on a page into a person. Have fun with whatever you decide!

Exactly. Rather than deciding what my character looks like, I roll with it. :smallbiggrin: