PDA

View Full Version : Trench Knives!

Joe Eskimo
2012-11-07, 04:44 AM
Are there official stats for this weapon? Whether in 3.5 or pathfinder? If not, could anyone point me to any GOOD writeups for em. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to love these things.

Hirax
2012-11-07, 04:49 AM
Most varieties would best be classified simply as daggers of varying sorts, depending on the shape. Perhaps gnomish quickblades might be appropriate for some implementations.

Feytalist
2012-11-07, 04:54 AM
Dagger plus gauntlet. User choose every attack which part to attack with. Seems simple enough to me.

Spuddles
2012-11-07, 08:56 AM
Simple weapon, light. 1d4 19-20x2, piercing or slashing

Axier
2012-11-07, 09:20 AM
Simple weapon, light. 1d4 19-20x2, piercing & slashing

I think it would be more accurately piercing or slashing. Other than that, it is pretty much that easy. You find a similar weapon, and modifiy it as necessary.

Joe Eskimo
2012-11-07, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the ideas. Seems there isn't anything official regarding this. So now, what I really want to do is combine Pathfinder's Brass Knuckles to a Dagger, but it'll have two damage values despite not being a double weapon. I don't even know if this is possible but they're basically brass knuckles stuck to a stiletto or bayonet. The brass knuckles part would be 1d3 20x2 bludgeoning and the dagger part would be 1d4 19-20x2 piercing. So what do you guys think? Its kinda like having two weapons in one hand which is essentially what trench knives are.

Axier
2012-11-07, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the ideas. Seems there isn't anything official regarding this. So now, what I really want to do is combine Pathfinder's Brass Knuckles to a Dagger, but it'll have two damage values despite not being a double weapon. I don't even know if this is possible but they're basically brass knuckles stuck to a stiletto or bayonet. The brass knuckles part would be 1d3 20x2 bludgeoning and the dagger part would be 1d4 19-20x2 piercing. So what do you guys think? Its kinda like having two weapons in one hand which is essentially what trench knives are.

In I think, MMIII there was these items used by Green Dragonspawn Sneaks, they where called Dragonsplits. They had a Slashing end with a 19-20 crit, and a piercing end with a x4 crit. Basically, while they where not dual-weapons, they where treated as such for enchanting and the like.

Slipperychicken
2012-11-07, 11:41 AM
Punching Dagger has the stats you're looking for.

1d4, x3, Piercing, No range increment.

Joe Eskimo
2012-11-07, 10:17 PM
In I think, MMIII there was these items used by Green Dragonspawn Sneaks, they where called Dragonsplits. They had a Slashing end with a 19-20 crit, and a piercing end with a x4 crit. Basically, while they where not dual-weapons, they where treated as such for enchanting and the like.

Great find. I think I'll work off this. Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I got what I need.

Twilightwyrm
2012-11-08, 01:49 AM
If I recall correctly, d20 Modern as one. Other than that, a modified Punching Dagger, an an integrated gauntlet (possibly spiked), would work just as well.