PDA

View Full Version : (Too) Good Omens



Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Leriel
2012-11-07, 05:49 AM
Here's the party:


No.
Player
PC
Class


1
Metroid33
Shefri
Sorcerer


2
TheTick
Victor White
Sorcerer


3
The_Shaman
Lao Taidim
Monk


4
PhilMeyer
Nathor Thalestan
Fighter


5
Starbin
Felgor
Cleric (Forgemaster)


6
Chained Birds
Ren The Sharp
Barbarian



Please select a color to identify yourself.

Metroid33
2012-11-07, 06:22 AM
I will be posting in Italicized Red.

Chained Birds
2012-11-07, 06:25 AM
I'll give Ren a nice Purple for her voice. Seems fitting for a child of Polymorphic scientists.

Edit: So this party has two Sorcerers? Odd party. Hopefully they don't get into a charismatic duel over charisma based items. :smallamused:

Metroid33
2012-11-07, 06:35 AM
I'll give Ren a nice Purple for her voice. Seems fitting for a child of Polymorphic scientists.

Edit: So this party has two Sorcerers? Odd party. Hopefully they don't get into a charismatic duel over charisma based items. :smallamused:

OOOOO that would be rather fun.

TheTick
2012-11-07, 07:24 AM
Victor will CLAW YOUR DAMN EYES OUT. Heh. And that's Navy for my color.

Starbin
2012-11-07, 07:39 AM
Felgor Stoneheart (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=465407), Male LG Dwarven Cleric (Forgemaster)

Details
Level 6, Init +1, HP 43/43, Speed 20ft.
AC 18 (20 w/shield), Touch 11, Flat-footed 16 (18 w/shield);
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9; BAB +4
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 10
Racial Abilities +2 Con/Wis, -2 Chr; Slow & Steady (20 ft move, regardless of encumbrance or armor); Defensive Trng (+4 dodge bonus vs giants); Darkvision (60ft); Hardy (+2 racial bonus, saves vs poisons/spells); Stability (+4 racial bonus to CMD vs bull rush/trip attempts while standing on ground); Stonecunning (+2 perception checks vs unusal stonework); WF (battleaxes, hvy picks, warhammers; dwarven weapons are martial); Alt - Craftsman (+2 racial bonus on Craft/Profession chesk related to stone/metal); Alt - Giant Hunter (+1 att bonus vs giants; +2 Survival checks to track giants)
Feats Martial Weapon Proficiency - Dwarven Longaxe (1); Craft Wonderous Item (3), Craft Magic Weapons & Armor (Class), Brew Potion (5)
Class abilities Spells (Standard (4/4/3) and Domain); Orisons (4 spells, unlimited casting); Aura (Lawful/Good); Spontaneous Casting ('Lose' any prepared spell to cast a cure); Domains - Artifice (Artificer's touch - cast mending at will; damage artifacts/constructs w/touch attack [1d6+3] 7/day); Steel spells; Divine Smith (+1 lvl to spells targeting weapons, shields, armor); Runeforger 5/day, last 6 rnds, 6 minutes, 60 minutes or 6 hrs (Forgemaster's Blessing - item works as masterwork; Featherlight - item's weight is halved; metal weight quartered; for armor, AC penalty is halved; Bloodthirst - weapon gains wounding; Powerstrike - double threat of weapon); Master smith (1/2 time for crafting mundane and magic weapons)
Traits Rich Parents (Start w/900gp extra); Divine Warrior (+1 melee damage after casting enhancement to weapons)
Skills Craft: Armor (6) +13/+15, Craft: Weapons (6) +13/+15, KS: Arcana (2) +7, KS: History (2) +7, KS: Religion (2) +7, KS: Nobility (1) +6, Diplomacy (2) +5, Sense Motive (2) +9, Appraise (1) +6, Heal (2) +9, Spellcraft (2) +7, PS: Blacksmith (1) +8, KS (Planes) (1) +6
Languages Common, Dwarf, Giant, Undercommon
Favored Class: Cleric (+1 skill, x5)
- Weapons
MW Dwarven Longaxe (+6 / 1d12+1)
Cold iron Hvy mace (+5 / 1d8+1)
MW Hvy crossbow (+6 / 1d10 / 120ft)
Dagger (+5 / 1d4+1)
- Armor
MW banded mail (+7 / +1 / -5)
Large darkwood shield (+2 / n/a / -0)
Equipment
pack, pouch, bedroll, scroll cases x2, inkpens x5, ink vials x2, tankard, paper x10, empty vials x2, waterskin, whetstone, tindertwigs x5, MW weaponsmithing tools, MW armorsmithing tools, silver holy symbol, traveler's outfit, rations x7, healer's kit, magnifying glass, mule, saddle bags x2, pack saddle
Money 895 gold
Background: Felgor was the youngest born to wealthy weapons merchant and a Priest of Moradin. He, his brother and sister enoyed a privileged life, their family having both the wealth and status to provide the finer things to all. The eldest, Hargor, was to follow their father, entering the monastery as soon as he reached the proper age. His sister, Helba, with an excellent eye and a delicate hand, was destined to be a merchant, as their mother was, bringing wealth and fame to the Stoneheart clan ... at least until she married.

Aside from the wealth, it was a typical dwarven life, filled with education, training, and the every present threat of invasion - whether it was from the greenskins, the foul dark elves, or their blood enemies, the giants. It was a time of looking to the future, and for Felgor, his options were fairly open. He expected to join the guard, as was expected of the youngest son, but after his five year enlistment, he would be free to go his own way. He had skill in the ways of blacksmithing, as did all his family, though not as good as his sister. He could handle a weapon as well as any dwarf his age. He even excelled in his religious studies, even if the Sons of Moradin did not call to him as they did his brother. The future had so many options, he couldn't choose a one.

Fate has a way of illuminating the future, and it was no different for Felgor. It was in the fourth year of his brother's studies of Moradin, a year before his sister was to complete her apprenticeship to another weaponsmith, that the giants relit the embers of a conflict that had lain dormant for at least ten years. This time, they came with weapons and armor that were not of giant make, but of quality ... clearly they had made some pact with the druegar. The dwarves were pushed back, both from surprise and the effectiveness of these new toys.

It is said that rushing waters break like glass against a mountain's roots. Those who know the race, understand that 'Stubborn as a dwarf' is not just some colloquiolism ... it is a fact that anyone who has ever fought against the stout people have learned the lesson in spades. The dwarves dug in, set their feet and held. Then, slowly, but surely, they fought back, grinding their way to regain lost ground, then pushing the giants back from their lands. In the end, the dwarves were successful, and while they lost more than a few souls, they still stood victorious in the end.

During the months of fighting, Felgor had been attached to the forges, repairing broken arms and armor, as well as providing new weapons when required. While hs work was important to the cause, he found himself in awe of a group of soot-covered warriors-priests who took many of their arms and inscribed runes upon them. While they were few in number, these Forgemasters were instrumental in enhancing many of the arms used to defeat the weapons of the druegar. When the conflict ended, Felgor petitioned his father for his blessing to join their ranks, something his father was more than happy to give.

For the next decade, Felgor studied the secret rune-making of Moradin, and learned the ways of the Forgemasters. He learned well the ways of enhancing arms and armor, and was ordained within the Brotherhood in short order. After serving for several years across the kingdom, spending time teaching and assisting various smithies and forges, he was called back to the order. One of his brothers had recieved an augury - the image of a small, green gem and a call for 'the child of two worlds united, the heart of the stone, to go forth and aid the lost son of old.'

Thus, Felgor gathered his longaxe and mail, and took to the road, intent on serving his people and the prophecy they were given.
Description: Felgor is young, by dwarven standards, and of the normal stature for his kind. Bright green eyes peer out from his red locks; his skin is almost ruddy in hue; his beard braided into twin strands that remain tucked in his belt.

He carries a longaxe, designed to fight giants, and wears mail to protect his hide. On his chest is the symbol of his god, a hammer and anvil. His pack holds most of his gear, but he leads a mule that carries some of the heavier items for him. He can always drop the unecessary items in times of need.
Personality: Felgor is a pleasant fellow, who seeks the betterment of his people. However, he will aid any goodly folks he runs into, but not to the detriment of his own kin. He enjoys sharing ale and mead with friends, and will be the first to buy a round. He does tend to get distracted by a well-made weapon or armor ... or, even more so, by poorly made ones.
Treasure Felgor's carrying:
- Large mithril shield +1
- Dagger +2
- Dagger +1, returning
- Long sword +1
- "Blütgetranker" sword
- Gem
"Speaking" "Whispering" Thinking

The_Shaman
2012-11-07, 07:51 AM
Well, looks like Lao might have to argue for any wisdom-enhancing items... should have taken diplomacy :smallsmile:. Not that it would have much, given Lao's winning personality. Regardless, he shall dispense his wisdom, colored in calming, serene Sea Green.

Edit: Lao has a small, but colorful colection of souvenirs or trinkets, some of which he has on (or inside) his wide sash. Others are tied as charms, and yet others - like the crystal - are part of his personal collection.

BTW, does anyone plan to be able to cast mage armor ;) ?

Chained Birds
2012-11-07, 08:54 AM
Oh, and even though I didn't say this in my backstory (Because I was still working it out), here's how Ren came to the city and how she has been "following" the prophecy.
Ren's been using the stone she took before she left as a good luck charm. Whenever she finds herself without direction, she would set up a large compass shaped icon on the ground and stand in the center blindfolded. She would then spin around several times until she was completely confused about which direction she is facing, and drop the stone. Wherever the rock landed was the direction she would go next. And that's how she got to where she is currently.

PhilMeyer
2012-11-07, 09:06 AM
Edit: Didn't see that a shade of green was used. Not sure what that leaves. Maybe I'll go with Maroon if its not too close to the DM color.

Nathor Thalestan
Male Lawful Good Half-Elf Fighter.

Background

Nathor was born of an elven mother and a human father. He knows little of his father, except that he was some sort of fighter who met and briefly had a romantic engagement with his mother. His mother is an elven ranger and master archer, and did a fair amount of adventuring in her time.

This meant that Nathor grew up in an elven community, a rare half-human in their midst. He was stronger and heavier than the other children, and his more rapid aging made maintaining friendships with other children nearly impossible. He wasn't shunned, as his mother had high enough esteem in the clan that this wouldn't have been tolerated. Still, he was always aware that his heritage made him different and that he'd never be fully accepted.

Upon adolescence, Nathor was trained as a warrior in a traditional elven polearm wielding style. His exception strength and endurance was remarked upon, especially in contrast to the quick and dodgey elves who were his brothers in arms. Instrumental in his tutelage was his uncle Fayne, a renowned elven warrior.

His training was mostly uneventful, but he did end up in a bitter rivalry with one of his cousins, Faeron. The two often quarreled, at times coming to blows. This relationship was marred by jealously on both sides.

When Nathor came of age, he left his village to find a place in the world. This is a common and expected course of action for young people in his village, so he was given a fond farewell and seen off.

He found his way to the city of Omen, offering his services as a member of the town watch. Here his skill at arms was appreciated, and his commanders have an eye out for promoting him.


Appearance (roughly)

Blonde hair, emerald eyes. He often wears his hair such that it hides is elven looking ears.
Stands 6'2" tall, but is still somewhat slender.
https://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/excerpt_polearm.jpg


Build Details



Name: Nathor Thelastan
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Fighter

FRT: +4
REF: +3
WIL: +2

HP: 34
Initiative: +4
Perception: +6

STR 18 +4
DEX 14 +2
CON 12 +2
INT 13 +1
WIS 12 +1
CHA 08 -1

Racial Features:
Keen Senses
Ancestral Weapon: Fauchard
Elven Immunities
Elf Blood
Elven Immunities
Multitalented (Ranger)

Class Features:
Armor Training I
Bravery

Feats:
L1: Power Attack
F1: Combat Expertise
F2: Improved Trip
L3: Combat Reflexes

Traits:
Threatening Defender [Combat]
Elven Reflexes [Racial]

Skills:
(2+1)*3 = 9 ranks
Climb x1, Swim x1, Ride x1, Survival x3, Perception x3

Eqipment:
Fauchard (masterwork)
Longsword
Composite Longbow
Breastplate (masterwork)

TheTick
2012-11-07, 09:55 AM
I can cast Mage Armor, but if you want to split the cost of a wand, that might be a good idea - it only lasts 3 hours for me at this level.

Metroid33
2012-11-07, 11:54 AM
I can cast mage armor as well.

Edit: I also have enlarge person cause of my bloodline so if our barbarian wants to become large, I can do that.

And this is how I want shefri to look just forget the gun and the feather and make his hair/eyes red

http://direct1.anhso.net/original/3/37323/145200918635781.jpg

Starbin
2012-11-07, 01:15 PM
Character added to my first post, for easy review. Aside from rolling hps, i think I'm good!

PhilMeyer
2012-11-07, 01:19 PM
Rolling for HP (assuming normal rules):

[roll0]

Yay, decent rolls. I believe with favored class bonus and +1 con that brings me to 34HP total.

Metroid33
2012-11-07, 02:03 PM
oh i roled it before i have 15

Chained Birds
2012-11-07, 02:29 PM
Well, I took the Average for my HP, but I guess I could roll if the DM wishes.

HP:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Ya, I'm sticking with my average if that's alright.

PhilMeyer
2012-11-07, 02:47 PM
Yeah I didn't remember seeing anything definitive, so I rolled based on Starbin's post.

The_Shaman
2012-11-07, 03:46 PM
Right, HP roll. Well, let's see what the dice gods have for my character...

Starbin
2012-11-07, 03:52 PM
HPs (assuming no squirrely-ness) [roll0]

Super average! HPs updated on my character sheet!

The_Shaman
2012-11-07, 05:47 PM
Darn it, my roll seems to be lost for some reason. Here's a reroll:

[roll0] .

Offal on a pogo stick. Any chance I can go with average :smallwink: ?

Chained Birds
2012-11-07, 07:27 PM
Darn it, my roll seems to be lost for some reason. Here's a reroll:

[roll0] .

Offal on a pogo stick. Any chance I can go with average :smallwink: ?

Hopefully we can, because I'd hate it if my Barbarian has less hit points than anyone here... Rolling a 1 on a d12 if crumby. :smallsigh:

Starbin
2012-11-07, 07:31 PM
Hopefully we can, because I'd hate it if my Barbarian has less hit points than anyone here... Rolling a 1 on a d12 if crumby. :smallsigh:

Well, unless your Con is 13 or less, you'll start with more than me! That being said, I fully support as close to maximum hps for our barbarian, if at all possible!

Metroid33
2012-11-07, 08:00 PM
So then when is the IC going up? I'm eagerly waiting.

Leriel
2012-11-08, 03:23 AM
@Starbin: I need the list of prepared spell for the first day :smallsmile:

@all: max HPs for lev 1, then average for levels 2 and 3. Let's play it fair :smallwink:

I'm putting some details in the OOC soon and then start the IC.

Leriel
2012-11-08, 03:41 AM
Calendar - The city of Omen has its own calendar, based on the creation of the gem of Omens. We are in 200 AFO (after first omen).

I'll use the names of the months of the calendar of ADOM (for those who played it), see also here:
http://adomgb.sweb.cz/adomman-B.html

The summer solstice is Silvernight of the month of the Dragon.

It seems really unrealistic that you all came together ... here is a brief chronology of events:

Dragon, 6th:
Victor found the gem not far from Omen, and meets Nathor. Nathor accompanies Victor in the city and they make friends. On advice of Nathor, Victor stays in the inn of the Poetic Demon.

Dragon, 8th: Shefri comes to town and find accommodation at the inn of the Burning Corpse.

Dragon, 9th: Lao Taidim comes to town and find accommodation at the inn of the Reeling Rat.

Dragon, 12th: Start of our history (IC). At the moment only Felgor and Ren will be involved ... but only for short :smallsmile:

Leriel
2012-11-08, 09:58 AM
@PhilMeyer: can you please provide me a full descrition of "threatening defender" trait? I cannot find it :smallconfused:

PhilMeyer
2012-11-08, 10:09 AM
Here it is. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/combat-traits/threatening-defender)


Benefit: When you use Combat Expertise, reduce the number you subtract from your melee attack rolls by 1.

Starbin
2012-11-08, 10:18 AM
Sorry about the delay ... had to get the kids off to school and go to work!
Spells:
0 - Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Resistance
1 - Magic Weapon, Lead Blades, Protection from Evil
2 - Heat Metal, Resist Energy
Domain - Animate Rope, Wood Shape

The_Shaman
2012-11-08, 12:24 PM
Lao Taidim

Stats
Leo Taidim, born Kai-Shingar
Male LN Ophiduan Monk (Quinggong), Level 3, Init +4, HP 30 , Speed 40ft.
AC 18, Touch 17, Flat-footed 11; Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +7; Base Attack Bonus +3
Weapons:
MC Temple Sword(+7; 1d8+3 OR +6/+6, 1d8+3 w.flurry, OR +5/+5, 1d8+5 w.PA 19-20x2;S)
Unarmed strike (+6; 1d8+3 OR +5/+5 1d8+3 w. flurry OR +4/+4 1d8+5 w. flurry & PA x2 P/B)
20x shuriken (+5; 1d2+3, x2 OR +4/+4 1d2+3 flurry, x2 S)
Armor: Pffft, he's a monk. Mage Armor, if he's lucky.
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha8
Conditions None
Racial Abilities +2 Dex/Wis, -2 Chr; Reptilian Blood: Thick scales, normally psionic, Bite (SP); Darkvision, Psionic aptitude, Poison resistance
Skills Acrobatics (4)+9/+14 w. DD boots, Climb (1)+4, Perception (4)+10, Sense Motive (4)+13 Stealth(3) +8, Profession - Fortune Teller (1) +7, Knowledge (Religion) (1) +4

Feats
Power Attack
Snake Style
Dodge (b)
Improved Grapple (b)
Class abilities
Monk AC bonus
Flurry of blows
Evasion
Stunning Fist
Maneuver Training
Ki pool: 7 ki pts (can use for +4 to skill or barkskin), unarmed strikes count as magic
Traits
Reactionary (+2 initiative)
Suspiciours (+1 to sense motive)

Equipment: Master-crafted temple sword (330 gp), 20 MC shuriken (122) (a cosmetic alternative that looks like small knives), 10 alchemical silver shuriken (22), 10 CI shuriken (4), backpack, bedroll, rope (silk), daredevil boots (+5/+1 version), whetstone, waterskin, sash w. pockets (acts as belt pouch), traveler's clothes, paper (10 pages), dust for ink, brush, vials, 2 rations' worth of food, simple spices, knife, mug (clay), hat, musical instrument (wind) (20 for all), 2x holy water (50), quality fortune-teller deck (25), 2x vermin repellent (10), 2x weapon blanch (silver) and (cold iron) (50 total), tea leaves (?? shouldn't be more than a gp for a large packet, since a cup is 2 CP), 1x antivenom, 1x antiplague (100 for both), 16 gp.

Edit: silversheen spent.

Favored Class: Monk(+2 HP, +2 SP)

Story (Same as before)

The city of Vahrast is famous for its soaring, slightly onion-like domes that rise high, as if piercing the heavens. It is respected for its merchants, and envied for its opulence, walls, and storytellers. Yet if there is one thing that its inhabitants value most of all, it is the Kshallar, the mystics of the red-brick ziggurats, that supposedly see the future and the past as clearly as the present – if not more.

Kai-shingar was one of the children of Kai-Sahraman, a minor functionary of the city. Of his brethren, he was the strongest and physically largest, and the darkened scales on his crest seemed to be an omen of toil and struggle – yet whether with steel, tool or book it was not clear. However, his parents went with the most obvious application, and Kai-Shingar was prepared for a life with steel in his hand. So it was meant to be, and so it would be.

He put himself with heart and soul in his pursuits, and weathered them well. In time, he grew stronger still, and his ability with arms and dedication won him the eye of one of the Ulum-kaar, the Lids and Lashes, who kept the all-seeing eyes of Vahrast safe and provided them with company. It seemed that his fate had been true, as expected, and he would spend his days as the honor guard or companion of the famed scaled seers.What was to be, was.

Yet fate would not be constrained so easily, even by the wiles of seers, and his proved troublesome indeed. It bucked through a great heave, and threw him off the foreseen course. As companion to a seer, Zak-Thrangol, he committed a great failure, yet one he could not be blamed for. He let his charge be dishonored, yet he could do no better: the offense came from another seer. It was pure bad luck that Zak-Thrangol, wise and capable beyond her years, sought to claim power that was more than she was supposed to have. Kai-shingar warned, with half a mouth, as he was sworn to obey those with the third eye hidden. His warning was disregarded – Zak-Thrangol was as certain of her abilities as she was capable. Through rituals and meditation, she opened her eye as few others did. It brought her respect and power; it also brought her enemies among her kind. And though her retinue could protect her against everything in the world, against her own it was powerless. Words and letters proved venomous like blades, and Zak-Thrangol was called many words that should not have been aimed at her. In desperation, she turned to forbidden arts to fuel her power and prove her point – yet where honest ambition succeeded, desperate attempts did not. When the Lids and Lashes came to find her one day, they found something that should not be named, much less seen – and did the only thing they could, which was to avenge the fallen. Even though it had a resemblance to Zak-Thrangol. Even though it, at the end, spoke with her voice.

They were tried, as they should have been, and acquitted, as they should have been. The ways and traditions found no fault with them, but the ways and traditions could not silence Kai-shingar’s own inner voice. It spoke of failed responsibilities, of ambition unchecked, of duty that went beyond duty. IT spoke of things that should not be for a Ulum-kar, but it spoke in a voice that could not be denied. And as he could not deny himself, he had to deny what he was. He left the ranks, ostensibly in mourning and on a pilgrimage to cleanse himself. However, he had no intention of returning anytime soon.

Kai-Shingar, or Lao Taidim, has seen many moons and people since. He has traveled far, but still feels torn between a society he cannot deny and the call of something that he cannot ignore. He has kept many of his codes, and broken more still, but he does not consider himself a broken one. Even when necessity makes him sell his talents, he carries himself with an air of one who knows just how much he sold and how much he expects in kind; a quiet assurance that, like the stones and bricks of Vahrast, is so much the more obvious for being silent. It is an easy quality to dislike, or take for granted, but he does not feel a need to change.

He has become quite curious during his travels and has started to accumuluate small trophies or mementos. Occasionally, when he has time for himself, he examines small trinkets, charms and pieces of various objects.

Description: Lao Taidim is a high, relatively heavy-set snakeman (or ophiduan, as they are sometimes called to differentiate them from the thicker, more bestial lizardmen) who wears white and dark blue clothes from afar and carries himself with an air of restrained power. His scales are dark, subdued green, with a darker blue crest on his head. He has an exotic sword on his hip, and seems to watch most of the world (literally) from up high.

Behavior: Lao Taidim is reserved, and often slow to speak. He talks as if he knows best what should be done, and seldom appreciates corrections. He often leaves first –or even second – impressions to his companions, and seems to move through life with a leisurely, confident grace of one who knows he is just where he should be, doing what fate expects of him.

Metroid33
2012-11-08, 03:16 PM
Shefri Albadwin
Stats
Male, Ifrit, 72 years old
Sorcerer (Efreeti Bloodline)
Ability Scores, Str:11 Dex:15 Con:12 Int:12 Wis:10 Cha:18
Hit Points: 15 AC: 12 Initiative +2
Saves Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3
Base attack bonus: +1
Weapons: Kopesh
Feats: Eschew Materials (Bonus) Extra Cantrips, and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (kopesh)
Racial Abilities: 60ft Darkvision, Burning Hands 1/d, Wild Fire Heart, Fire Starter, Blood line Arcana (Fire)
Skills: 2 Knowledge Arcana, 1 Knowledge the planes, 3 Spellcraft, 3 Use Magic Device
Items: Masterwork Backpack, 8 Good Meals, Bedroll.
Languages: Common, Ignan, Auran.

Chained Birds
2012-11-08, 06:20 PM
Ren The Sharp

Stats
Female, Catfolk, 23 Years Old
Barbarian (Invulnerable / Totem)
Ability Scores, Str:16 Dex:16 Con:14 Int:10 Wis:10 Cha:10
Hit Points: 34 (40 During Rage) AC: 19 Initiative +3
Saves Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1
Weapons: Natural Weapons (Claws x2 / Bite / Gore), Chakram x2
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Overrun
Racial Abilities: Cat's Luck (1/1), Cat's Claws, Climber (20ft), Scent, Fast Movement, Rage (13rds), Rage Power: Fiend Totem (L), Invulnerability (1/-), Extreme Endurance (Hot 1).
Skills (12pts): 3 Acrobatics, 1 Climb, 1 Handle Animal, 1 Intimidate, 1 Knowledge (Nature), 2 Perception, 1 Ride, 1 Survival, 1 Swim
Items: Masterwork Breastplate (Agile), Chakram x2, Sack, Softpaw Boots, Hair Ornaments, Traveler's Outfit, Bloodblock, Tanglefoot Bag x2, Tindertwig x4, Waterskin, Wine (Fine).
Languages: Common, Catfolk.

TheTick
2012-11-08, 09:06 PM
Victor White, Human Sorcerer (http://www.honkifyoulovejustice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Victor-White.pdf)
Statblock:
Victor White
Male Human; Medium Humanoid ( Human )
Sorcerer3
Hit Dice:
(3d6)+9
Hit Points:
26
Initiative:
+6
Speed:
Walk 30 ft.
AC:
14 (touch 13, flatfooted 12)
Attacks:
*Claw +2/+2; *Crossbow (Light) +3; Quarterstaff (two handed) +2;
Damage:
*Claw 1d4+1; *Crossbow (Light) 1d8; Quarterstaff (two handed) 1d6+1;
Vision:

Face / Reach:
5 ft. / 5 ft.
Special Qualities:
Bloodline Arcana, Bonus Feat, Bonus Sorcerer Spell (3x), Cantrips, Claws, Draconic Bloodline (White), Dragon Resistances, Resistance to Cold, Skilled
Saves:
Fortitude: +4, Reflex: +4, Will: +3
Abilities:
STR*12*(+1), DEX*14*(+2), CON*14*(+2), INT*10*(+0), WIS*8*(-1), CHA*18*(+4)
Skills:
Acrobatics: 2; Appraise: 0; Bluff: 8; Climb: 1; Craft (Carpentry): 4; Craft (Untrained): 0; Diplomacy: 4; Disguise: 4; Escape Artist: 2; Fly: 2; Heal: -1; Intimidate: 8; Knowledge (Arcana): 5; Perception: 3; Perform (Untrained): 4; Ride: 2; Sense Motive: -1; Spellcraft: 5; Stealth: 2; Survival: -1; Swim: 2; Use Magic Device: 9;
Feats:
Eschew Materials, Improved Initiative, Intensified Spell, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Toughness
Challenge Rating:
2
Alignment:
Chaotic Neutral
Possessions: Amulet ( AC Bonus (Luck) (+1)/ Save Bonus (Luck) (+1)); Claw; Crossbow (Light); Backpack, Masterwork; Alchemist's Fire (Flask); Bedroll; Ink (1 oz. Vial); Potion of Cure Light Wounds; Rope (Silk/50 ft.); Signal Whistle; Traveling Spellbook (Blank); Waterskin (Filled); Bolts (Crossbow/10); Quarterstaff;
Traveling Spellbook (Blank) Prepared Spell List:
Sorcerer - Spells per Day: (0/6/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/ DC:14 + spell level); Known: Level 0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Spark Level 1: Color Spray, Grease, Shocking Grasp, Summon Monster I, Mage Armor

Yes, he carries a spellbook. If anyone steals it, thinking him a wizard, they'll only find doodlings and random sketches. And then he'll zap the bejesus out of you and take it back.

Leriel
2012-11-09, 04:00 AM
IC opened :smallsmile:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260860

The_Shaman
2012-11-09, 04:05 AM
"Hands off my sketchbook!"

Bonus points if you are drawing a comic there :smalltongue:.

Leriel
2012-11-09, 05:56 AM
"Hands off my sketchbook!"

Bonus points if you are drawing a comic there :smalltongue:.

AGREE! :smallwink:

Metroid33
2012-11-09, 09:33 AM
Well then I'm glad that the IC is up now :smallbiggrin: Can't wait to get going and leave the Inn of the burning corpse, very appealing name don't you think.

Leriel
2012-11-09, 09:54 AM
Just to say it clear: Starbin and Chained Birds - I'm waiting for your post in IC. What do you want to do?

The_Shaman
2012-11-09, 09:56 AM
I can just imagine your character going in, looking around, and asking:

"Okay, where's the burning corpse?"
"Er... we don't really have one at present."
(Wide smile) "Want one?"

Starbin
2012-11-09, 10:00 AM
Just so you know, it's only turning 8am here, and I just got to work. When I get up, I usually have enough time to read the latest post and maybe make a short post or answer a PM. I usually don't have time to make a full blown response until I get in to work.

That being said, I'm guessing that we are either a) off in time zones or b) off in biorhythms, because during the day, there's LOTS of traffic on this thread from the players. It's not a problem, but we should all understand that we may not be working on the same work/play/sleep cycle :smallsmile:

Regardless, I'll be posting shortly. I'm guessing that Felgor has been moving through the forest for a few days, headed in the direction of Omen (per the auguries from home) and just happened upon this not-so-chance encounter.

Metroid33
2012-11-09, 10:05 AM
I can just imagine your character going in, looking around, and asking:

"Okay, where's the burning corpse?"
"Er... we don't really have one at present."
(Wide smile) "Want one?"

Lmao that made my day Shaman.

*casts touch of combustion on the nearest patron, then ray of frost (turned into ray of fire) then regular ray of frost to put it out*
"there you go :smallbiggrin:"

Leriel
2012-11-09, 10:08 AM
I can just imagine your character going in, looking around, and asking:

"Okay, where's the burning corpse?"
"Er... we don't really have one at present."
(Wide smile) "Want one?"

XP bonus for Lao :smallsmile: this was really good :smallcool:

Leriel
2012-11-09, 10:11 AM
Just so you know, it's only turning 8am here, and I just got to work. When I get up, I usually have enough time to read the latest post and maybe make a short post or answer a PM. I usually don't have time to make a full blown response until I get in to work.

That being said, I'm guessing that we are either a) off in time zones or b) off in biorhythms, because during the day, there's LOTS of traffic on this thread from the players. It's not a problem, but we should all understand that we may not be working on the same work/play/sleep cycle :smallsmile:

Regardless, I'll be posting shortly. I'm guessing that Felgor has been moving through the forest for a few days, headed in the direction of Omen (per the auguries from home) and just happened upon this not-so-chance encounter.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to be rude. I live in Switzerland (sorry for my bad English:smallwink:) and I'll post from office (16:09 here), between a query and another :smallsmile:

Post when you can - I just wanted to let you know that the IC is there. :smallcool:

Metroid33
2012-11-09, 10:18 AM
Chained that diplomacy check, LMAO. there gunna wanna drink.

Starbin
2012-11-09, 10:37 AM
No worries, Leriel - I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring the game ... having played in games with folks from Australia and the UK, I learned quickly how international this forum was. I've had to adjust my perspective on posting rates/responses.

As for rolls ... ugh ... looks like we're both doing well.

Starbin
2012-11-09, 10:53 AM
Well golly ... I've rolled a 1, 8, 1, and 6. Yeesh! Can I take 10 on those kind of checks? Cuz I definitely need to limit the amount of rolling I do, if the forum is going to treat us like this!

Leriel
2012-11-09, 10:57 AM
You'll have more luck another time... and my editing of the post crosses yours. You just feel strange that such creatures roams in this places.

Starbin
2012-11-09, 11:00 AM
Hmm ... do the reptiles look thirsty, or like they need water? Are they wounded too, or just the unicorn? Felgor can help with some of that stuff ...

Just in case, hmmm ... gonna edit my post to cast detect magic.

The_Shaman
2012-11-09, 12:15 PM
Hmm, is Lao's native language shared by any other group? The croccies, perhaps?

Chained Birds
2012-11-09, 12:36 PM
Hmm, forgot to hit the subscription button. How embarrassing. :smallredface:

Chained Birds
2012-11-11, 05:53 PM
So... We waiting for something to happen?

Metroid33
2012-11-11, 06:02 PM
The rest of us are waiting on you 2 and the DM.

Chained Birds
2012-11-11, 08:34 PM
Welp, my character is just sitting there drinking. I guess we are waiting to hear from the DM then about what happens next...

Starbin
2012-11-11, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I thought we were waiting for the DM on Monday ...

Leriel
2012-11-12, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I thought we were waiting for the DM on Monday ...

You're right, I'm going to post now :smallsmile:

Metroid33
2012-11-12, 05:06 AM
Oh so i'm not the only one who wakes up really early.

Leriel
2012-11-13, 03:04 AM
@the ones already in city: the OOC thread is OK for asking more about the city or just some roleplaying in taverns. Just ask :smallsmile:

The_Shaman
2012-11-13, 03:20 AM
We can have drinks and work out in the OOC? Cool...

((Darn, now I have this scene in my head about a lizardman dancing to "I'm sexy and I know it"))

Not when there are any people present, though. They cannot process the awesomeness of ophiduan monastic sword dance :smallwink: .

Chained Birds
2012-11-14, 06:24 AM
I think I found a valid reason to punch a Unicorn in the face. He's lucky Ren's a "Good" Girl.

Leriel
2012-11-14, 06:34 AM
He's lucky Ren's a "Good" Girl.

Not so much - if Ren was a "bad" girl, his protection vs. evil would have avoided the punch :smallsmile:

The_Shaman
2012-11-14, 06:55 AM
Hey, being bad and being evil are different things :smalltongue:.

Leriel
2012-11-14, 07:50 AM
Hey, being bad and being evil are different things :smalltongue:.

Do you want to prove it dancing "And now I'm Bad" in the tavern?

You should take some rank in Entertain (dance) :smallwink:

Seriously... are all of you just waiting your turn in IC? No one want to know more about the city?

Tsk, tsk.

Leriel
2012-11-14, 07:51 AM
[QUOTE=Chained Birds;14221169]I think I found a valid reason to punch a Unicorn in the face. [QUOTE]

Was forgetting... bonus XP for this :smallwink:

The_Shaman
2012-11-14, 07:53 AM
Not sure about the others, but if you started a scene that is before ours, wouldn't we starting ones in the future before this one finishes make the game a bit chaotic?

Personally, I was waiting for you to set a scene in the tavern in the IC thread before acting. I didn't want to jump the shark (though Lao should totally have the skill bonus to do it :smallwink:).

Sadly, Lao isn't very good at performing, as I said regular human minds cannot quite process the awesomeness level he is on - he's so awesome he almost goes full circle into normalness again (or, to put it mechanically, he has a poor charisma score).

Leriel
2012-11-14, 08:02 AM
Dragon, 9th: Lao Taidim comes to town and find accommodation at the inn of the Reeling Rat.

Dragon, 12th: Start of our history (IC). At the moment only Felgor and Ren will be involved ... but only for short :smallsmile:

I can open another IC for tavern purpose. As you can see, the current IC's date is Dragon, 12th. The (short) tavern IC for you will be set at Dragon, 9th: 3 days before, but without any connection with Ren and Felgor (different time and different place).

Chained Birds
2012-11-14, 08:13 AM
I remember doing a tavern IC in the OOC once in a group while the DM was busy making the real IC. In the end it turned into my Alchemist claiming he poisoned the Ale and had the only antidote, causing a big uproar of people trying to intimidate him and steal his "antidote."
It was all a ploy for him to sell the "antidote" to people to make money. He actually sold one to a PC, looked out the window, and said "I made some Money today. Today was a good day." Before jumping out the window with everyone giving chase. :smallsmile:

TheTick
2012-11-15, 01:04 PM
Hey, no spider-hunting without us! /Victor starts a rumor around town that he's a spider-hunter.

Leriel
2012-11-16, 10:45 AM
Just a note - I am not forgetting you. The spiders are far from Felgor and Ren - and it seems that there are many of them.

Don't worry - if the dynamic duo will go on hunt alone, I'll start with IC for the rest of PC as soon as we reach day 14th of Dragon's month :smallsmile:

The_Shaman
2012-11-16, 11:23 AM
Hey, no spider-hunting without us! /Victor starts a rumor around town that he's a spider-hunter.

Lao will help you with his secret technique, Arachnid Annulment Avatar!

Leriel
2012-11-19, 10:44 AM
I'm not forgetting you! You'll get involved soon!

There are a lot of new faces in taverns... many people come from the nearby countries in order to get some news :smallsmile:

And yes, there are tales of spiders and strange creatures...

And you learn that every year there is a caravan that will transport the gem bearers to the place of the omens :smallsmile:

Starbin
2012-11-21, 08:54 AM
@ Leriel - So at what distance does this thing go 'active'? How far is the rock spike in the clearing? Can we circle around this thing and see the cave opening Yrriur mentioned?

@ Chained Birds - Basic plan, should Ren and Yrriur agree, would be to circle the clearing and make sure this is the only one and that nothing else stands out. Next, we send Ren around to sneak up to the cave while Yrriur and I attempt to distract it on this side ... it might hurt, but hopefully we can heal each other before we pass out! I figured Felgor would step within range and Yrriur could support him.

Whhaddya think?

Leriel
2012-11-21, 09:51 AM
Let's speak in feets:
- the clearing is about round in shape (more or less), with a diameter of about 200 fts
- you are at about 60 fts from the spike
- the creature shoots at about 42 fts
- you can safely go in circle in order to look for the cave.

Abou the "spike": it's a big conical rocky formation, about 25 fts diameter.

Starbin
2012-11-21, 09:55 AM
Gotcha ... thanks!

Metroid33
2012-11-21, 10:56 AM
Ugh I wish to get playing....

Leriel
2012-11-21, 11:20 AM
Ugh I wish to get playing....

Start telling me something serious about your stay at the tavern ;) PM me if you prefer :smallsmile:

Chained Birds
2012-11-21, 12:42 PM
Ren goes with Plan R.

Starbin
2012-11-21, 01:04 PM
Ah ... the "I shall ignore everything you have to say" way ahead. This could make 'party interaction' a little more interesting, but have at it, I suppose.

Metroid33
2012-11-21, 07:21 PM
Start telling me something serious about your stay at the tavern ;) PM me if you prefer :smallsmile:

Well the thing is I can't really think of anything to do in the tavern time.

Starbin
2012-11-21, 07:43 PM
@Leriel, perhaps an intro post for the others ... setting the scene so to speak. Something like their first day in the city, giving them a chance to ruminate in character ... Or a flashback to the first day of their journey. Just something to get the creative juices flowing. I know for me the character always changes slightly once I have a chance to actually start writing - before the first IC post, it's all theoretical :smallbiggrin:

Leriel
2012-11-22, 04:39 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262244

This is the IC for all of you boooooored in taverns :smallsmile:

@Starbin: Thanks for the suggestion!

Leriel
2012-11-23, 10:41 AM
@PhilMeyer: Nathor was not part of the guards on surveillance on the Fountain Square - but he was patrolling a street nearby. He heard the noise and learned what happened by a fellow guard.

Leriel
2012-11-26, 09:46 AM
I updated the IC for Nathor, Victor, Lao and Shefri :smallsmile:

The_Shaman
2012-11-27, 03:44 AM
Do I need a perception check to overhear the two, or is it easy to get close enough?

Leriel
2012-11-27, 03:53 AM
Do I need a perception check to overhear the two, or is it easy to get close enough?

They are speaking loud (expecially the man) so you can hear him with little problem.

The_Shaman
2012-11-27, 05:07 AM
Ah, okay. Do I need perception to check out a crime scene, btw?

Leriel
2012-11-27, 05:28 AM
Ah, okay. Do I need perception to check out a crime scene, btw?

Please describe what are you looking for (details, people, whatever), then make a perception check :smallsmile:

Chained Birds
2012-11-27, 06:20 AM
All of Ren's Natural Weapons are treated as Primary.
- Claws (x2) from her Racial Trait (Cat's Claws)
- Bite from her Trait (Mother's Teeth)
- Gore from her Rage Power (Lesser Fiend Totem)

Ren's Attacks
Start out with BA +3
Add +3 Attack from Strength
Add +2 Attack During Rage
Add (-1) Attack due to Power Attack
=
+7 on Melee Attack rolls using Power Attack.

Ren's Damage
Start out with +3 Stength
Convert Strength to +5 During Rage
Primary Natural Attacks do 1.5 Stength modifier in damage (7 Damage During Rage)
Use Power Attack for an extra 2 Damage.
Primary Natural Attacks do 1.5 Power Attack Damage (+3 Damage)
=
+10 on Primary Natural Attack Damage rolls using Power Attack.

Leriel
2012-11-27, 07:55 AM
@Chained Birds: Ok, but I have a remark (copy and paste from PRD):

Natural Attacks: Attacks made with natural weapons, such as claws and bites, are melee attacks that can be made against any creature within your reach (usually 5 feet). These attacks are made using your full attack bonus and deal an amount of damage that depends on their type (plus your Strength modifier, as normal). You do not receive additional natural attacks for a high base attack bonus. Instead, you receive additional attack rolls for multiple limb and body parts capable of making the attack (as noted by the race or ability that grants the attacks). If you possess only one natural attack (such as a bite—two claw attacks do not qualify), you add 1–1/2 times your Strength bonus on damage rolls made with that attack.

So I don't agree with the "+1.5 times strength" of damage bonus on all attacks - you can get just your normal strenght modifier (the same applies for Power Attack). Your build is strong indeed :smallwink: during a rage, a minimum of 32 damages is already AWESOME at level 3rd :smallsmile:

See also here:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/universalMonsterRules.html#natural-attacks

Leriel

Starbin
2012-11-27, 08:11 AM
All of Ren's Natural Weapons are treated as Primary.
- Claws (x2) from her Racial Trait (Cat's Claws)
- Bite from her Trait (Mother's Teeth)
- Gore from her Rage Power (Lesser Fiend Totem)

Actually, I think the trait specifically says the bite is secondary (ie, -5 to attacks). The gore sounds primary when use with natural weapons, just not with real weapons, so that's nice synergy. But the fiendish totem says you only get Str bonus (or 1/2 if used as a secondary attack).

Looks like the confusing part of all this may be 'primary' versus 'only primary' ...

Chained Birds
2012-11-27, 08:26 AM
It just said you gain a Bite Attack. I assumed Primary unless otherwise specified. Though I can't check the SRD at the moment due to being in class at the moment and having the site restricted.

So my damage output is 1dX+7 per strike? Still decent. Not the first time I've misread a Feat or Ruling. You should of saw my first Barbarian which who was accidentally using both the 3.5 and PF Power Attack to deal over 40+ damage with 1 attack at level 3.
We eventually figured it out before my character became too much of a One Shot Wonder. He abused the Intimidation skill in the end, causing Demons and Devils to become shakened. Good Campaign in the end.

Leriel
2012-11-27, 10:04 AM
Again, here
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/universalMonsterRules.html#natural-attacks

you can see that bite, claws and gore are primary.

BUT!!!

"Mother's Teeth (Lamashtu) - You can make a bite attack for 1d2 points of damage as a secondary attack." (found it) :smallsmile:

So the bite attack will have -5 bonus to attack and 1/2 STR bonus.

So:
Claws and gore: primary / full str bonus
Bite: secondary / -5 and 1/2 STR bonus

This should end the debate :smallwink:

Since the creature you're facing is a strange one, no worry... we'll start using this rule *after* this combat.

EDIT: I found nowhere that the critical for natural weapon is x3. I assume it's x2 unless you provide me a ref :smallwink:

Starbin
2012-11-27, 10:50 AM
Again, here
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/universalMonsterRules.html#natural-attacks

you can see that bite, claws and gore are primary.

Let's put it straigth: just full str bonus - no +1.5. For all natural attacks :smallsmile:

This should end the debate :smallwink:

It's obviously your call. I was referring to the verbiage for the Mother's Teeth trait, which states the bite is secondary. Of course that's from the other PF website (the one usually blocked from work).

Four attacks, full attack bonus, min 8 damage per, all at 3rd level ... I guess Felgor will have to respect the threat of getting attacked if he doesn't refer to Ren by her full title, since she could easily kill him in one round!

Whoops ... ninja'd! Still, Ren is a nasty bit of business, and could still easily wipe Felgor from the map ... he will need to proceed with caution! :smallbiggrin:

Leriel
2012-11-27, 11:36 AM
I agree, Ren is a dangerous and powerful PC. Nevertheless, in its build there is nothing against the rules. But this is Pathfinder... and also it seems to me that even her is not able to defeat the creature that you're facing.

That is... I prefer thinking to slashing. A good build, that can ends a combat quickly (so it does not become boring) is OK; but you'll face unusual monsters... and expect more surprises from me :smallwink:

Starbin
2012-11-27, 03:46 PM
I think the unicorn is on the other side of the clearing, so Ren might not get an answer ...

PhilMeyer
2012-11-27, 10:07 PM
Forgive me if it should be clear, but has Nathor already accompanied Victor and crew to the cave to get their prophecies? I know he was chosen to guard the caravan, but I'm not sure if that's already happened or if its still pending in the game.

Just not sure to what level Nathor should know Victor (and the others).

Leriel
2012-11-28, 02:39 AM
@Starbin and Chained Birds: Yep! The unicorn did not hear Ren.

@PhilMeyer (and everyone): Nathor met Victor when the sorcerer find the gem, some days ago. Currently in your IC ("The Match!") it's Dragon, 9th - while the caravan will start on Dragon, 14th.
So Nathor knows Victor quite good (the details are up to Phil and TheTick), but this is the only couple of PCs that already met *before* the IC.

The IC of Felgor and Ren instead is taking place on Dragon, 12th.

I don't want to generate entropy; but IMO it does not make sense that everyone arrived in the city at the same time. I decided to start the game with the ones that were coming from the farther places.

I apologize - I was thinking that this "intro" would take less (I'm not so expert in PBP :smallsmile:), so I decided to start the second IC in order to have everyone involved.

Don't worry, I am quite good with multitasking :smallwink: everyhing will run smoothly!

Ad also... Maybe this post needed to be at the top... Sorry, I'll put it again:

Calendar - The city of Omen has its own calendar, based on the creation of the gem of Omens. We are in 200 AFO (after first omen).

I'll use the names of the months of the calendar of ADOM (for those who played it), see also here:
http://adomgb.sweb.cz/adomman-B.html

The summer solstice is Silvernight of the month of the Dragon.

It seems really unrealistic that you all came together ... here is a brief chronology of events:

Dragon, 6th:
Victor found the gem not far from Omen, and meets Nathor. Nathor accompanies Victor in the city and they make friends. On advice of Nathor, Victor stays in the inn of the Poetic Demon.

Dragon, 8th: Shefri comes to town and find accommodation at the inn of the Burning Corpse.

Dragon, 9th: Lao Taidim comes to town and find accommodation at the inn of the Reeling Rat. Start of IC "The Match!"

Dragon, 12th: Start of our history (IC for Ren and Felgor).

The_Shaman
2012-11-28, 05:51 AM
Wait a second. Is there a reason that my character should be recognized and respected? A person on the street knows his name, the guards call him "mister so and so"... did he save the princess when I wasn't looking :smalltongue: , or does it have something to do with those shards we have?

Leriel
2012-11-28, 06:01 AM
Well, the chief guard (Sgt. Scott - Nathor knows the name :smallsmile: Lao deduced it from the conversation) was already addressing Adilred (the shouting man - same notes as Sgt. Scott) as "Mister".
He just want to dispose of Lao quickly. Lao presented himself in a pompous way - in order to avoid other troubles with someone who could be a noble of some kind, Sgt. Scott said OK :smallwink:

Who already knows your name? NPCs who called you "Lao" were just saying it since Lao told them.

Am I missing something?

Leriel
2012-11-28, 06:22 AM
Ok, to follow properly what's happening in "IC - The Match!":

Little recap (in order of arriving to the town):
Nathor
- Started patrolling
- Heard a scream and arrived in Fountain Square
- Spoke with a fellow guard
- Saw Victor speaking with Lao

Victor
- Started in Poetic Demon tavern
- Already knew something about the Red Sabre coming in town, thanks to the gossip of the soldiers
- Saw the flier on the door
- Out of the tavern after hearing a man saying that someone shot Fredo
- Arrived in Fountain Square
- Asked about the robed men and got a cocky reply from an halfling
- Cast detect magic and jumped on Lao, excusing himself

Shefri
- Started in Burning Corpse tavern
- Saw the flier on the door
- Out of the tavern after hearing a man saying that someone shot Fredo
- A man and a pretty lady were with him
- Arrived in Fountain Square
- Man and pretty lady go away
- Asked about the situation and got a reply from a teenager

Lao
- Started in Reeling Rat tavern
- Saw the flier on the door
- A gnome jumped in speaking of the shoot to Fredo
- Out of the tavern after putting beer in a mug
- Gave the beer to a busker
- Asked a man ("Random Stranger") about Fredo
- Man replied (and spoke about Black Orchid)
- Arrived in Fountain Square
- Spoke with Sgt. Scott
- Started investigating and Victor jumped on him

Hope it's helping :smallwink:

Starbin
2012-11-28, 08:01 AM
PM sent ... [roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-11-28, 08:21 AM
So did Ren take 7 dmg and Felgor take 6, or did Ren and Felgor take 13 dmg?

Leriel
2012-11-28, 08:28 AM
Oh my bad english...

Felgor 7, Ren 6 :smallwink:

PhilMeyer
2012-11-28, 04:59 PM
Thanks a bunch Leriel.

I think I was a bit confused as to what was actually going on in the square. Reread the beginning of the thread and hopefully I now have a better idea.

The_Shaman
2012-11-29, 07:30 AM
Right, I was surprised why the man Lao talked to on the way knew his name. Was it someone from the tavern?

Also, let me know if that perception check for investigation yielded something.

Leriel
2012-11-29, 07:32 AM
Right, I was surprised why the man Lao talked to on the way knew his name. Was it someone from the tavern?

No, it was the one that Lao addressed indroducing himself as Lao :smallbiggrin:


Also, let me know if that perception check for investigation yielded something.

PM for this :smallwink:

PhilMeyer
2012-11-29, 06:28 PM
If no one plans on getting into melee range, Nathor will ready a trip to whichever gets into range of his polearm. If someone is going to get into melee range, I'll probably do a power attack charge.

Just in case I don't get a chance to post and am the last to post their turn.

The_Shaman
2012-11-30, 02:21 AM
Gah, I need to update my stats here... I don't remember just what I bought my character with starting money. I knew it involved a lot of alchemical goodies - here's hoping silversheen is included :smalltongue:.

Leriel
2012-12-03, 02:32 AM
Gah, I need to update my stats here... I don't remember just what I bought my character with starting money. I knew it involved a lot of alchemical goodies - here's hoping silversheen is included :smalltongue:.

Ok I checked your posts - equipment was always "TBD". Let's agree that Lao has a dose of silversheen - but please post in OOC the (not) basic equipment that he decided to buy. :smallsmile:

The_Shaman
2012-12-03, 08:32 AM
Does the Kyton stand in the way to the cultist, or is he to our sides? I want to know if the cultists can be charged :smallwink: .

Leriel
2012-12-03, 08:37 AM
The cultist climbed the fountain - he is about 3 fts from the basement. And yes, the kyton is between you and him... but you heard the kyton. Free to decide :smallwink:

The_Shaman
2012-12-03, 09:15 AM
The cultist climbed the fountain - he is about 3 fts from the basement. And yes, the kyton is between you and him... but you heard the kyton. Free to decide :smallwink:

Well, that's where solid jumping skills and a lifetime of kung fu training should come in handy; it shouldn't be that much harder than fighting a man on horseback. How far is this guy, anyway?

Leriel
2012-12-03, 09:25 AM
(DM slapping his head) Kung fu! Was I sleeping? Lao's a monk!!!
The cultist is about 15 fts from you :smalltongue: the kyton is in the middle.

TheTick
2012-12-03, 09:29 AM
Had the cultist been higher off the ground, Victor had half a mind to cast Grease on the fountain and knock him off, just to shut him up...

Leriel
2012-12-03, 09:30 AM
Ok now I just have to check if the color spray gets the leaping monk in midair... :smalltongue:

TheTick
2012-12-03, 09:44 AM
If Lao moves between me and the cultist, I would definitely just target the Kyton then.

Leriel
2012-12-03, 10:54 AM
@PhilMeyer: can you please tell me the AC value for Nathor? I cannot find it in your build description.
Thanks!

EDIT: I assume 10+2(dex)+6(armor)+1(combat expertise)=19.
Correct me if I am wrong.

The_Shaman
2012-12-03, 11:29 AM
I wanted to try how grappling works in pathfinder, and I kinda doubt this guy has that much of either strength or dexterity :smallbiggrin: . As far as I can tell the idea is that I roll CMB+d20 and if I beat his CMD (and frankly, I doubt it is over 20), he's grappled. Which, among other things, means he can't move and has to concentrate to cast spells. His difficulty would be 10+my CMB (I imagine improved grapple applies) + spell level, so I imagine it would be a caster level check of 18+spell level.

Edit: possibly more for the water. BTW, do kytons have reach? I wanted Lao to circle around to make sure he's not moving through any threatened squares. I would have otherwise tried to use acrobatics to avoid them too.

TheTick
2012-12-03, 12:12 PM
You know, I hadn't considered the cultist dude to actually be a threat. And I find it funny (in a good way) that after commenting on all the CN characters, we face something that has DR and Regen that's opposed by [good] spells. :P :D

Starbin
2012-12-03, 03:47 PM
For the record, Felgor will check the coffer, too, but I figured I had posted enough on our thread and was going to let Ren search that.

However, Felgor WILL look around for more secret passages (since this is a constructed tunnel) ... maybe take another 20 for a total of 23 :smallsmile:

PhilMeyer
2012-12-03, 04:07 PM
Metroid, can you move that image in your sig into your spoiler block?

Is a bit obnoxious, thanks :smallsmile:.

Leriel
2012-12-04, 02:31 AM
@Lao: the first move of the kyton was to come closer and put yourself in his reach zone :smalltongue: it's a basher BTW...

Leriel
2012-12-04, 02:47 AM
For the record, Felgor will check the coffer, too, but I figured I had posted enough on our thread and was going to let Ren search that.

However, Felgor WILL look around for more secret passages (since this is a constructed tunnel) ... maybe take another 20 for a total of 23 :smallsmile:

No secret passages... and the coffer is empty, apart some copper coins.

Time to listen to comments from you and Ren in IC :smallsmile:

Leriel
2012-12-04, 02:49 AM
You know, I hadn't considered the cultist dude to actually be a threat. And I find it funny (in a good way) that after commenting on all the CN characters, we face something that has DR and Regen that's opposed by [good] spells. :P :D

You're right about the cultist :smalltongue: and about the kyton... I don't want to make you bored... so I'm looking for creatures that can make your lives difficult :smallbiggrin:

TheTick
2012-12-04, 10:08 AM
Grr, rolling high for damage and low for attack, stupid bird.

Leriel
2012-12-04, 10:16 AM
Grr, rolling high for damage and low for attack, stupid bird.

Don't blame it... it doesn't want to hit Lao :smallwink: also its foe is in the water. What about a celestial frog? :smalltongue:

TheTick
2012-12-04, 11:02 AM
Victor: Frogs are for wussies. :smallamused:

The_Shaman
2012-12-04, 12:44 PM
@Lao: the first move of the kyton was to come closer and put yourself in his reach zone :smalltongue: it's a basher BTW...

Yes, and that is why I said Lao would move to the side in my turn. If the cultist was 15 feet away I expected there would be ample space.

BTW, this guy is annoying me. I try to subdue his blasphemous head, and he's pulling up summons. I need to decide just how to do this.

Wait, if I hold his head underwater, can he give commands :smalltongue: ?

TheTick
2012-12-04, 02:08 PM
I was just coming here to suggest that. :smallamused:

The_Shaman
2012-12-05, 03:43 AM
Weird, my roll didn't work out. Here it is:

[roll0] +5 if the text in the SRD applies (if he does not break it) vs his CMD . Hope this works, guys and girls

Edit: Yay for nearly average rolls! Rope it is, then :smallbiggrin:.

Leriel
2012-12-05, 04:01 AM
@Lao: You manages to pin it. Do you want to keep his head underwater? I don't think that Lao is able to take the rope (Ok for dagger).

Please declare again what you're doing - BTW he's pinned properly :smallbiggrin:

The_Shaman
2012-12-05, 04:32 AM
Yes, I'd prefer to make sure he can't speak freely :smallwink:. Hmm, I would appreciate it if someone can throw me a spool of rope though - I'd like to have a way to carry this guy around a bit more freely :P .Hey, if someone throws me some rope, can I catch it as a move action?

To be honest, I'm not sure just what to do with my move action. The fact is, when you are grappling, you are best having nothing in your hands. I'd activate my racial psi power, but I think it was a standard action, wasn't it?

Leriel
2012-12-05, 04:33 AM
I'd activate my racial psi power, but I think it was a standard action, wasn't it?

What exactly do you want to do with your "racial psi power"???

The_Shaman
2012-12-05, 05:11 AM
Have a bit weapon that I can use without needing my hands (i.e. in a grapple).

It's not really that useful, since monks can't flurry and use natural weapons without a feat, but I was wondering about the rule itself - i.e. is it a standard action or something else. I'll check later.

TheTick
2012-12-05, 07:43 AM
Is there anything we can do to 'break' the control over the Kyton? If we render the guy Lao has grappled unconcious, will the Kyton be dismissed or go on an uncontrolled rampage?

I would probably have the bird attack again (since the wizard is now pinned, he's denied his dex to AC and takes an extra -4). Victor is not interested in non-lethal measures. ;) Also, would Ray of Frost count as a [cold] spell for my bloodline arcana (extra +1 damage)?

Leriel
2012-12-05, 08:00 AM
Is there anything we can do to 'break' the control over the Kyton? If we render the guy Lao has grappled unconcious, will the Kyton be dismissed or go on an uncontrolled rampage?

I would probably have the bird attack again (since the wizard is now pinned, he's denied his dex to AC and takes an extra -4). Victor is not interested in non-lethal measures. ;) Also, would Ray of Frost count as a [cold] spell for my bloodline arcana (extra +1 damage)?

In order:
- You don't know how to break the control over the kyton. You can try a Knowledge Arcana check BTW.
- Cultist unconcious --> kyton?? you don't know :smallbiggrin: you can ask him, it's a polite devil :smallbiggrin:
- Ray of Frost counts as a [cold] spell for your bloodline arcana (extra +1 damage).

TheTick
2012-12-05, 08:25 AM
Man, I sure hope that pinned penalty helps some of thos attacks hit. Ugh. Stupid bird.

There was supposed to be a Knowledge: Arcana roll in there:

[roll0]

TheTick
2012-12-05, 08:29 AM
Hey, forum dice roller, mix in something above 10 on a d20 for me once in a while, ok?

Leriel
2012-12-05, 08:33 AM
What a shame that dice betrayed you on that Knowledge Arcana Check :smallwink:

I would be glad to make Lord Zaibach reply to Victor, but I need to know what Shefri is going to do, before :smallsmile:

The_Shaman
2012-12-06, 07:56 AM
I was waiting for my turn to see what actions I should declare, actually... and hoping the elemental is too confused to help the cultist. Is it my turn again?

Starbin
2012-12-06, 08:02 AM
Whoops ... I misunderstood where Ren was when the gem stopped her. I read it as 10ft from the entrance of the cave. Felgor wouldn't have left her that far behind in the dark!

So can we recon a little on that?

Leriel
2012-12-06, 08:21 AM
@Lao: Your turn again :smallsmile: things are moving quickly :smallwink:

@Felgor: Ops... Ok let's go back to Ren struggling with the gem and you a little forward in the tunnel :smallbiggrin:

Metroid33
2012-12-06, 09:17 AM
Lets just kill the cultist and get the Kyton out of the city, for every ones sake.

TheTick
2012-12-06, 09:22 AM
It seems like the quickest way out of this mess. I do wonder about the glove - it was mentioned that it glowed before the elemental appeared. The cultist's control might center around that.

Metroid33
2012-12-06, 09:32 AM
Possible, yet he might have extreme protective items, the kyton mentioned that if we could get through his items, he would leave.

Leriel
2012-12-06, 09:43 AM
@Metroid: The kyton means "if you manage to overcome the protection of the trinkets..."

@Victor: If you want a technical detail list...
- Cultist retrieved the elemental gem from the glove of storing as free action
- Cultist activated the elemental gem as standard action
:smallsmile:

You're too far to see the details, but I'm playing fair :smallwink:

The_Shaman
2012-12-06, 12:17 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I think this may officially get weird - and I am enjoying it :smallcool: .

BTW, as the cultist is now hog-tied (a.k.a. bound), he by the rules should count as helpless. I'm pretty sure he will have a problem using anything that requires any motor control, and he's CdG material if we need to go that way.

The DC to break free is 20+ my CMB, which for grapple is 28. Natural 20 does not guarantee a success here, btw - I'm not sure why, but I don't mind :smalltongue: .

The_Shaman
2012-12-07, 07:04 AM
There seems to be this weird notion that Lao really cares for the cultist's life. And here I was he wanted to make sure the man is properly apprehended and handled...

Metroid33
2012-12-07, 08:17 AM
Lao that must have hurt.....

The_Shaman
2012-12-07, 08:23 AM
I think I'd agree. 3 decent rolls (11-12), and now this? Ah well. Lao was right to have an ambivalent attitude towards fate.

Also, he may become an aviaphore (I hope I got the word right) :smallsmile: .

Starbin
2012-12-07, 08:27 AM
Phobia (darn auto correct!) is the suffix you're looking for ... In this case, it would be ornithophobia, the fear of birds :)

Metroid33
2012-12-07, 08:35 AM
Phobia (darn auto correct!) is the suffix you're looking for ... In this case, it would be ornithophobia, the fear of birds :)

Lol, If i get summon monster I won't summon any kind of bird-esque thing, OK?

TheTick
2012-12-07, 08:41 AM
*double facepalm* Can nothing go right for Victor? If no one can heal/stabilize Lao in time, he'll try to get to him and feed him the potion of CLW he has. With the added benefit of leaving him close enough to murderize the cultist. :smallamused:

Metroid33
2012-12-07, 08:48 AM
@Shefri: this is a really good description of the ray of fire! Congratulations, bonus XP!

Thanks :smallbiggrin: I got the Idea from the anime Wakfu, the main character has the ability to create portals that look like the sphere, but then if he shoots a portal threw an open one he shoots a beam of energy, I just made the sphere Ignan runes and then made it a fire ray.

Metroid33
2012-12-07, 09:14 AM
The cultist is currently tied up right?

Leriel
2012-12-07, 09:26 AM
Right, with his arms tied behind his back.

PhilMeyer
2012-12-07, 11:01 AM
Copying this to all my games:

I've got a work Christmas party tonight and LOTS to do before that. So might not get a chance to post until very late (if at all). Sorry if this holds things up any.

Leriel
2012-12-07, 11:10 AM
Copying this to all my games:

I've got a work Christmas party tonight and LOTS to do before that. So might not get a chance to post until very late (if at all). Sorry if this holds things up any.

No problem, enjoy it! :smalltongue: See you Monday!

PhilMeyer
2012-12-07, 12:27 PM
Had some unexpected downtime at work. :smallsmile:

The_Shaman
2012-12-07, 12:27 PM
Right, with his arms tied behind his back.

Tied as a Christmas gift, more or less :smalltongue: . Unless he's managed to slip the bonds with an insane escape artist check or tying up is houseruled, he's helpless. As in "coup de grace bait" helpless :smallamused:.

PhilMeyer
2012-12-07, 12:29 PM
If that is the case, feel free to change my attack as is appropriate. Nathor may be good aligned and a city representative, but sometimes you just have to put the ****er down.

The_Shaman
2012-12-07, 12:33 PM
Actually, this is why Lao asked the guard what the penalty was - he reasoned that if he'd going to hang anyway, and if the hell-thing could be trusted to keep its word, there was no reason to keep him around. Well, other than questioning, but preventing the damage from property and people that the devil might have caused otherwise would take priority.

Although I guess it would depend if the cultist surrended and did not resist or if Lao had to tie him up by force. Well, he's not in any shape to argue legality right now, anyway.

Starbin
2012-12-07, 12:47 PM
Deals with the devil? Hmmm ... it's probably better that y'all don't mention this little incident to the LG cleric, once we are a fully (dis)functional group.

I knew y'all were a bit cosmopolitan, but dang! :smallbiggrin:

TheTick
2012-12-07, 01:24 PM
Victor: "Laws are just rules I've learned how to exploit."

PhilMeyer
2012-12-07, 01:39 PM
Nathor is just something of a pragmatist. If it means getting booted from the guard-corps he'd be sad, but better than dying for nothing and having the devil kill innocents.

He'd much rather the devil summoner be killed than allow innocents to die.

Edit: If this means I should switch his alignment to Neutral Good, that's fine with me. I chose lawful because he's a guardsman, but if he's not a particularly rule following guardsman I can adjust accordingly.

The_Shaman
2012-12-07, 03:53 PM
Deals with the devil? Hmmm ... it's probably better that y'all don't mention this little incident to the LG cleric, once we are a fully (dis)functional group.

I knew y'all were a bit cosmopolitan, but dang! :smallbiggrin:

Is it the lawful, or the good component that would be more troubled?

The way Lao sees it, allowing a powerful evil outsider to run amok - or even starting an unnecessary fight with one - is dangerous. On the other hand, if the cultist's crimes deserve death - and he'd imagine they do - then getting rid of the devil without any more trouble would be a welcome bonus.

If you consider something the right thing to do, would you refrain from doing it because some devil wants it too?

Leriel
2012-12-08, 11:51 AM
I love this kind of discussion... Thanks to you all :smallsmile:

Starbin
2012-12-08, 04:00 PM
Is it the lawful, or the good component that would be more troubled?

The way Lao sees it, allowing a powerful evil outsider to run amok - or even starting an unnecessary fight with one - is dangerous. On the other hand, if the cultist's crimes deserve death - and he'd imagine they do - then getting rid of the devil without any more trouble would be a welcome bonus.

If you consider something the right thing to do, would you refrain from doing it because some devil wants it too?

Situationally dependent. The removal of the cultist is important, as is the removal of the devil. However, because the devil is suggesting it should give pause to those of a good bent. You guys do what you want, I was just kinda kidding around because of the phrase 'dealing with the devil.'

To me, there are things an LG person has to be very careful with when dealing with those of an evil nature ... and when confronted with these tough decisions, each character has to do the best they can.

If you can justify actions for your character, then that's all that counts ... so keep up the good gaming and RP. And good luck with the devil/demon/evil snakey thing!

Metroid33
2012-12-08, 04:20 PM
And good luck with the devil/demon/evil snakey thing!

It's a Kyton (chain devil) that's the great thing about devils though, you can make a deal with them and they'll usually honor them, demons on the other hand "make a deal" and then when they get everything the want they yell "screw you!!!!" *pegs everyone off* then tries to kill everyone.

Leriel
2012-12-10, 05:08 AM
Nathor is just something of a pragmatist. If it means getting booted from the guard-corps he'd be sad, but better than dying for nothing and having the devil kill innocents.

He'd much rather the devil summoner be killed than allow innocents to die.

Edit: If this means I should switch his alignment to Neutral Good, that's fine with me. I chose lawful because he's a guardsman, but if he's not a particularly rule following guardsman I can adjust accordingly.

PM to you :smallwink:

The_Shaman
2012-12-10, 05:38 AM
Receiving healing that is insufficient to put Lao at positive hit points means he is just stabilized, right?

Also, unless the cultist freed himself, he's helpless - so every melee attacker gets +4 to hit him, so I think this would explain the high attack rolls (not to mention the guy's abyssmal armor class :smallbiggrin: ).

Leriel
2012-12-10, 05:50 AM
Receiving healing that is insufficient to put Lao at positive hit points means he is just stabilized, right?

Right :smallwink: stable @ -5 HP

Nice description of the scales regeneration :smallwink:

PhilMeyer
2012-12-10, 09:07 AM
OOC - I don't want to be boring, but can you please explain me the +8 and +9?

It looks like the +8 is wrong. My sheet had a +4 BAB on it for some reason which screwed up the calculation. Thanks.

However, the damage uses 1.5xSTR because its a two handed weapon. So 6STR + 3PA = 9. At least that's my assumption :smallsmile:.

Leriel
2012-12-10, 09:13 AM
You're right, I wrongly calculated +4 instead of +6 for your STR bonus :smallredface:
Thanks a lot! Please confirm me that you received the PM, also :smallwink:

PhilMeyer
2012-12-10, 10:53 AM
Yep, got it, thanks.

Metroid33
2012-12-10, 02:18 PM
The guy is dead now?

The_Shaman
2012-12-10, 03:13 PM
If he's still not dead, we're going to have a problem :P . Also, am I the only one a bit peeved that when the kyton said he'd take the body he also took everything on it?

TheTick
2012-12-10, 03:18 PM
I think that's why we were given the option of treating further with the Kyton - but I didn't want to be further beholden to an evil creature.

Chained Birds
2012-12-10, 03:41 PM
Ren will proceed through the cat door.

Metroid33
2012-12-10, 05:55 PM
he mentioned somewhere that he would take everything on it,least i believe.

Leriel
2012-12-11, 02:49 AM
Ren will proceed through the cat door.

Let's wait a little - then I'll PM you :smallwink:

Leriel
2012-12-11, 02:50 AM
he mentioned somewhere that he would take everything on it,least i believe.

Did someone want to discuss further with him? :smallbiggrin: you can follow him as Nathor did :smallwink: I understood that you were OK with the bargain...

The_Shaman
2012-12-11, 06:53 AM
In character, I didn't care much. Out of character, I found it was quite cheeky by that Kyton, though not particularly surprising.

And, OOC, we'd have quite the nasty fight with him alone, if it came to that. Kytons are unpleasant at our level :smallsmile:.

TheTick
2012-12-11, 08:14 AM
Yeah, fully healed, I'd give us a fair shot against a Kyton, but with a wild card wiz/sorc summoning heavy duty elementals, not likely.

Not that my neutral, cold-focused Sorc could do much against it. :P :D

Leriel
2012-12-12, 03:51 AM
Let's wait for some words of wisdom from Lao (and/or from the sorcerers :smallwink:), then I'll go on in IC :smallsmile:

Leriel
2012-12-14, 10:48 AM
As a Christmas gift to myself, I spent some time to setup a new NPC :smallbiggrin: I really like the Patfhinder classes :smallbiggrin:

The_Shaman
2012-12-15, 03:35 AM
Wisdom dispenced. Proceed with celebrations.

Leriel
2012-12-17, 05:51 AM
Hi all
I will be on holiday (visiting my parents in another country) from next week - starting from December, 22nd to January, 2nd (I'll be back on January, 3rd).

I will be able to connect on Friday, 28th - but apart that day, I will non able to post or reply to PMs.

So... let's enjoy this week and have great holidays, you too!

The_Shaman
2012-12-17, 08:10 AM
Actually, do we have a wizard or anyone who might use spell components?

The_Shaman
2012-12-21, 05:48 AM
Heh, I had thought Big Ben was also a guard, just one who also played Blood Bowl.

Starbin
2012-12-26, 11:09 AM
Hope the holidays are treating everyone well ... I've got two days of posting time before I enter the black hole of no wireless at my in-laws - then I've got minimal posting capability until 7 Jan. Until then, game on!

TheTick
2013-01-02, 01:28 PM
Back in town, for what it's worth.

Metroid33
2013-01-02, 03:02 PM
Just got back to the land of WiFi, if it matters at all.

Leriel
2013-01-03, 02:37 AM
Back in office!
@everyone in the blood bowl mess - you have a ***lot*** of clues to put your hands on the sniper. I trust you :smallwink:

After that, it will take really little to get the cave of omens (finally!) :smallsmile:

The_Shaman
2013-01-05, 08:24 AM
Speaking of buttocks and hot chicks, I am struggling to imagine what secondary sexual characteristics would a snakeman find attractive in a female. Hips, perhaps? Skin coloration? Face?

Metroid33
2013-01-05, 03:23 PM
Um I think maybe the scale colors the tongue size:smallwink: maybe the size of her teeth, I mean its not like snake woman have breasts.

The_Shaman
2013-01-05, 04:46 PM
If they lay eggs, sure. But if they are humanoids, maybe they are mammals too?

4e dragonborn had breasts iirc... Fantasy can be a bit weird at times.

Metroid33
2013-01-05, 06:13 PM
If they lay eggs, sure. But if they are humanoids, maybe they are mammals too?

4e dragonborn had breasts iirc... Fantasy can be a bit weird at times.

Very Very Very strange. No lizard has breasts seriously, plus that would suck to hold i mean the scales would cut your hand.

TheTick
2013-01-06, 01:59 AM
I imagine scent might play a bigger part in it.

BTW, Metroid33, are you planning on taking Shefri in any PRC directions? I thought about going for Dragon Disciple for Victor but didn't want to have two gimped casters in the group if you had similar ideas. Yes, I plan way too far ahead.

Metroid33
2013-01-06, 10:12 AM
I imagine scent might play a bigger part in it.

BTW, Metroid33, are you planning on taking Shefri in any PRC directions? I thought about going for Dragon Disciple for Victor but didn't want to have two gimped casters in the group if you had similar ideas. Yes, I plan way too far ahead.

Prc? I'm not totally sure what you're talking about.

TheTick
2013-01-06, 10:16 AM
Prestige Class, I didn't know if your concept was to be a full caster or to change it up later.

Metroid33
2013-01-06, 10:29 AM
Hmm. I'm not totally sure. I think I'll have to look into some of them. I'll look into them on Paizo. Actually are we going to be allowed to use prestige classes from 3.5? If so then I'd like to go searching through all my brother's books on magic sooner rather then later.

Leriel
2013-01-07, 02:53 AM
Speaking of buttocks and hot chicks, I am struggling to imagine what secondary sexual characteristics would a snakeman find attractive in a female. Hips, perhaps? Skin coloration? Face?

Ok, it's fantasy, but there are no snake women with big breast in this setting :smallwink:

I agree with the_shaman: what a snake man will find attractive in a snake-woman are the so-called "secondary sexual characteristics", like for mammals. Therefore, what he will look in a snake-woman (more or less conscious) will be her ability to have children, so he will look for the hips, for regular somatic traits, probably the color. I do not exclude that the smell has an important role. I think Metroid33 has a valid point also talking about teeth.
Ah, in this setting the snake-men are ovoviviparous :smallwink:

Leriel
2013-01-07, 02:56 AM
Hmm. I'm not totally sure. I think I'll have to look into some of them. I'll look into them on Paizo. Actually are we going to be allowed to use prestige classes from 3.5? If so then I'd like to go searching through all my brother's books on magic sooner rather then later.

Ok, every PRC here is automatic allowed:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/
(Also PRC from "Psionic Unleashed" :smallsmile:)

For every other PRC, contact me, we'll discuss it :smallwink:

Metroid33
2013-01-07, 10:21 AM
Hmm I'm not really finding any PRCs that fit my character. Oh wow I didn't realize there were pscionics in Pathfinder.

Starbin
2013-01-07, 10:57 AM
Interestingly enough, I've never found a PrC that just jumped out at me AFTER I made my character ... they are usually so specific that if you don't plan for it at the beginning, they rarely fit after the fact. Kind of a bummer, but there it is. :smallsmile:

PhilMeyer
2013-01-07, 12:05 PM
I figure Nathor has probably almost made his way back to the square by now, after the roleplay done through PM with the demon was wrapped up.

But if that plot is nearly finished, I'll probably just hang out until the threads merge?

Leriel
2013-01-07, 12:20 PM
Nathor manages to reach the group on its way to the tavern :smallwink:

Chained Birds
2013-01-08, 07:59 AM
Ren is a cautious cat who has been tricked before by seemingly undead things... Never know if that corpse is a corpse unless a priest looks it over.

Metroid33
2013-01-08, 08:05 AM
Or you light it on fire. :smallbiggrin:

Chained Birds
2013-01-08, 08:07 AM
Or you light it on fire. :smallbiggrin:

You can light the corpse on fire. I'll stand over here while you try to burn the lich king.

Metroid33
2013-01-08, 08:09 AM
Oh *#@! Freaking lich king screw that I'm running to the other side of the world, of getting the closest giant with a big hammer to crush it.

Starbin
2013-01-08, 09:11 AM
Ren is a cautious cat who has been tricked before by seemingly undead things... Never know if that corpse is a corpse unless a priest looks it over.

Heh ...I'm not that kind of priest :smallsmile:

PhilMeyer
2013-01-09, 10:55 AM
Any moves from Lao or Nathor?

Nathor will just hang out and bleed for a bit I think. Busy morning and don't have anything specific I can think of for him to be doing at this time. Just have him hang out close enough to hear any conversations I'd say.

The_Shaman
2013-01-10, 09:57 AM
Perception: [roll0]

PhilMeyer
2013-01-10, 10:07 AM
Perception Roll: [roll0]
I don't remember my mod. Will look it up later if no one finds it first :).

Metroid33
2013-01-10, 10:40 AM
Perception: [roll0]

Leriel
2013-01-10, 11:01 AM
PM to Nathor (+4 to perception = 18) :smallsmile: Lao and Shefri, your score is not high enough :smallfrown:

PhilMeyer
2013-01-10, 12:05 PM
I didn't notice the gender of the bard on first read, so will need to adjust my post accordingly. Have deleted it for now.

TheTick
2013-01-10, 05:46 PM
[roll0]

He's not super perceptive but here goes...

TheTick
2013-01-10, 05:47 PM
But hey, look at that! I'd rather that be an attack roll, but I'll take it.

Leriel
2013-01-11, 02:52 AM
PM to TheTick :smallsmile:

TheTick
2013-01-11, 05:04 AM
Is she casting a spell?

[roll0]

Victor will cast Detect Magic, trying to get Lady Grey, Big Ben and whoever else he can in the area of effect. He's trying to see if anyone is under any sort of charm or compulsion.

The_Shaman
2013-01-11, 05:14 AM
Can I get a sense motive if she's being honest here or fibs to get away from us? I think we need to speak to a NPC before checking if s/he's being honest, but she has talked for a while.

If I can, here's my SM check: [roll0]

Leriel
2013-01-11, 05:56 AM
PM to the_shaman :smallbiggrin:

The_Shaman
2013-01-11, 10:02 AM
Is kissing a lady's hand typical in this city, btw - or at least, has my character seen it often enough?

Leriel
2013-01-11, 11:20 AM
Is kissing a lady's hand typical in this city, btw - or at least, has my character seen it often enough?

It's a good behaviour, as far as Lao knows :smallsmile:

PhilMeyer
2013-01-12, 10:25 PM
I've got some knowledge from Nathor's perception check (and my asking the DM for clarifying details), but I'm not quite sure how much my character knows and how much I know as a player.

But for now, Nathor is still going to hang out near the conversation and see how things play out.

And hopefully his wounds are starting to clot...

TheTick
2013-01-12, 11:02 PM
Victor could try to use Burning Hands to sear them shut for ya. :P

Leriel
2013-01-14, 04:59 AM
Lao manages to smell the perfume of the lady. It's the same of the flower.

Also, he can see that the color of the hairs of Lady Grey is the same color of the flower.

Starbin
2013-01-14, 11:52 AM
Felgor will respond, but work is a little busy ... hopefully in a few hours!

Leriel
2013-01-14, 11:54 AM
Don't worry. I'm training a new colleague, so this week I'll post a little spotty.

TheTick
2013-01-16, 07:31 AM
Victor is not afraid of a little physical confrontation. :D He's got zero interest in having his time wasted. She has information, he wants it.

Leriel
2013-01-16, 07:36 AM
Congratulations, you unlocked the empasse. All info that you need are in the IC, I'm waiting for your move :smallsmile:

Leriel
2013-01-17, 03:52 AM
@Lao - I'll PM you :smallbiggrin:

@Nathor - Do you stay at the tavern or do you go with McKenzie and the lady?

Metroid33
2013-01-17, 07:24 AM
Nathor I say go for it :smallwink: Sounds like a fun night for you.

The_Shaman
2013-01-17, 12:25 PM
Yep, you'd think the fiery sorcerer would be the one getting all the hot elves. Or maybe they can't stand the heat :smallbiggrin: (yeah, I went there).

Metroid33
2013-01-17, 06:42 PM
Yep, you'd think the fiery sorcerer would be the one getting all the hot elves. Or maybe they can't stand the heat :smallbiggrin: (yeah, I went there).

:smallannoyed: I'll let it slide.

PhilMeyer
2013-01-18, 04:50 PM
Just FYI, I've come down with a cold (flu?) and am pretty bleh today. I may not be checking in as often until this passes.

If you feel like you are waiting on Nathor for something (actions or rolls), I designate TheTick to be his driver, assuming he's okay with it.

Leriel
2013-01-21, 07:55 AM
This morning, while Nathor put on his boots, he found a little stone in the left boot. He discovered that's not a stone - it's a shard of a green gem, with a rune on it. It's one of the gem that allows entrance to the Cave of Omens!

Metroid33
2013-01-21, 08:00 AM
This morning, while Nathor put on his boots, he found a little stone in the left boot. He discovered that's not a stone - it's a shard of a green gem, with a rune on it. It's one of the gem that allows entrance to the Cave of Omens!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The_Shaman
2013-01-21, 02:09 PM
It's the blood fairy! When you lose blood, and if you let it fall in just the right way, she comes over at night and puts a gem in your shoe. It's true, I tell you!

Also, speaking of true, a sense motive check for Lao to determine if Foxglove's story seems honest:
[roll0]

Leriel
2013-01-22, 02:35 AM
She is speaking true. She looks honest and really sad.

Bloody fairy? Well, you just spoke with an half fairy :smallwink:

Leriel
2013-01-22, 10:26 AM
Starbin, everything fine from your side?

The_Shaman
2013-01-22, 11:12 AM
Bloody fairy?

Yep, it's a relative to the tooth fairy, except instead of collecting teeth it deals in blood and plasma. Apparently she has a very profitable arrangement with some vampires somewhere...

Leriel
2013-01-22, 11:25 AM
Yep, it's a relative to the tooth fairy, except instead of collecting teeth it deals in blood and plasma. Apparently she has a very profitable arrangement with some vampires somewhere...

I just got an idea for a new monster... :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-01-22, 02:09 PM
Starbin, everything fine from your side?

Sorry ... yesterday was part of a 3-day weekend and I was off playing with the kids. Work was all catch-up this morning, so I posted a little later than planned. Ready to go!

Leriel
2013-01-24, 11:13 AM
Ok, a little recap...

- "The match" IC started at day Dragon, 9th. Today is Dragon, 10th.
If Nathor wants to put up some chatting at the tavern, he can do it whenever he wants :smallwink:
Then... a little surprise: Lao, Shefri and Victor will receive a gift from Fredo, since he wants to thank them for their effort. (I'll describe it later in IC).
The following days will have no particular event - each of you four can tell me how he wants to spend them (resting, visiting the city, getting involved in brawl, taking a visit to the library...)
The action will restart on day Dragon, 14th.

- The IC of Ren and Felgor started at day Dragon, 12th. Now is the night between Dragon, 13th and 14th.

When everyone is ready... tell me, and I'll start a new IC :smallsmile:

And I was forgetting.... DING DING DING! All of you, level 4th is your new level :smallsmile:
Thanks a lot for your nice gameplay!

Starbin
2013-01-24, 11:31 AM
WOOT! Time to go in a completely unrealistic direction and take a level of anit-paladin. That or druid.

JK ... thanks for the game so far. I've peripherally watched the other side, but it looks like we'll have a very active bunch. Of course, I get the impression that the others will enjoy the company of Ren more than Felgor, but that's okay ... they'll come back when they want their weapons sharpened!

PS - is there a way to tip Ren's claws and/or other natural weapons in adamantine (should she want it, of course)?

Leriel
2013-01-24, 11:47 AM
PS - is there a way to tip Ren's claws and/or other natural weapons in adamantine (should she want it, of course)?

There is always a way (Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike
of the X-man are an example :smallwink:), you just need to find how. :smallcool:

Metroid33
2013-01-24, 12:21 PM
Wait how much Xp do we have now?

Starbin
2013-01-24, 01:04 PM
Enough to be 4th level!

PhilMeyer
2013-01-24, 01:10 PM
If Nathor wants to put up some chatting at the tavern, he can do it whenever he wants...

Thanks. I've been feeling terrible these past couple of days. So while I'm trying to keep an eye on my PBP games, I haven't been giving them the attention they are due.