PDA

View Full Version : Best spells for Magus Arcana: Spell Blending

Brock Samson
2012-11-07, 02:08 PM
In PF, what are some of the best uses of a Magus taking Spell Blending as a Magus Arcana? For those of you not in the know it lets you pick 2 lower level spells normally not on your Magus Spell List from the Wiz/Sorc spell list. So now that I just hit 7th level I get 3rd level spells, meaning if I took it I could pick up two 2nd level spells.

Spells such as Resist Energy and See Invisibility.

What else do people think?

Larpus
2012-11-07, 08:31 PM
I can't really think of any specific spell, but I'd give a look at Wizard guides and find out the best spells (after all, if you're spending a "feat" it better be worthy) and then on top of that look which ones aren't dependent on the DC as yours will be low.

watchwood
2012-11-07, 11:48 PM
Resist Energy and Heroism would both my picks for this. Both are solid medium term buffs that'll last for an average dungeon.

TuggyNE
2012-11-08, 01:06 AM
Resist Energy and Heroism would both my picks for this. Both are solid medium term buffs that'll last for an average dungeon.

Unfortunately heroism is Sor/Wiz 3, not 2, so it doesn't match quite as well with resist energy.

I'd second Larpus's advice about picking saveless spells from the best ones not already on your list, certainly.