PDA

View Full Version : What Level Spell to Change Your Skin Color

White_Drake
2012-11-07, 04:39 PM
Hiya, an alchemist I'm playing in a 3.p campaign just got turned purple by a Rod of Wonder, and I was wondering what level spell might be appropriate to change a willing subject's natural pigmentation to a color of the caster's choice. It's not that being purple is a bad thing, well... Actually, I guess it kind of is...

ShriekingDrake
2012-11-07, 04:50 PM
Disguise Self (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/disguiseSelf.htm) is a first level spell.

Morcleon
2012-11-07, 04:53 PM
The rod of wonder's skin color change effect may be permanent, but it's not instantaneous. That means that if you step inside an AMF or dead magic zone, your skin changes back to normal. This also means that you can dispel it. The CL for the rod of wonder is 10th, so your caster just has to make a DC 21 dispel check to turn your skin back to normal.

If you really want a reversing spell for this, I'd have it be 0th level.

Skin Change
Transmutation
Level: Cleric 0, Sorc/Wiz 0
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target, Effect, or Area: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

With a mutter of arcane gibberish, you change your target's skin color to a color you designate. This can be any solid color, or a simple pattern. You may also revert your target's skin to its original color, if it had been changed before.

nedz
2012-11-07, 05:26 PM
Prestidigitation can do this, and its 0th level.

sdream
2012-11-07, 05:29 PM
In pathfinder and 3.5 (identical final sentance in both), prestidigitation color changes do not last:

Any actual change to an object (beyond just moving, cleaning, or soiling it) persists only 1 hour.

Psyren
2012-11-07, 05:41 PM
As Morcleon noted, dispel magic (or break enchantment) should get rid of this for good, with Disguise or Alter Self functioning as stopgaps in the interim.

nedz
2012-11-07, 06:32 PM
In pathfinder and 3.5 (identical final sentance in both), prestidigitation color changes do not last:

That's also true of Disguise Self.

Mind you, you could just keep casting Prestidigitation once an hour, so you go to the bathroom a lot.:smalltongue:

toapat
2012-11-07, 06:45 PM
Prestidigitation can do this, and its 0th level.

Only for upto 24 hours

*snip*

it would have to be a second level spell to be permanent.

now im just imagining going to a wizard's college, and you can tell who is 3rd lvl + because they have different hair or skincolor