PDA

View Full Version : 100 Random gold

Cranthis
2012-11-08, 05:35 AM
So my dm banned Shapesand, which I think is ridiculous. So now I have 100g to work with, and nothing to spend it on.

hoverfrog
2012-11-08, 05:38 AM
What class are you? What are you looking to do?

Cranthis
2012-11-08, 05:52 AM
What class are you? What are you looking to do?

Druid 2/ Wiz 1. And it doesn't matter what I'm doing.

hoverfrog
2012-11-08, 06:05 AM
So armour and weapons are probably out. You have a decent set of skills but not much that crosses both classes. Your spell power is pretty limited at the moment but maybe some scrolls would be useful as backup or to add to your spell book. At 25gp for a first level spell you could have four extras. If the DM allows you to scribe them yourself before play begins you can double that but only if you take spells already in your book.

Thiyr
2012-11-08, 06:38 AM
You could blow it on a Chaos Flask (planar handbook). Similar in function, though it's more a one-shot dealie.

Otherwise, i direct you to Shax's Indispensible Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101). Always a good read.

White_Drake
2012-11-08, 07:28 AM
Your could buy four warbeast tressym (assuming you could find a market), and let your wrath rain from the sky!

prufock
2012-11-08, 11:35 AM
Two guard dogs (2 x 25 gp), 5 donkeys (5 x 8 gp), and feed.

Darrin
2012-11-09, 07:16 AM
20 GP, Aboleth Mucus
10 GP, Eggshell Grenade
25 GP, Torch Bug Paste
15 GP, Sprayer
20 GP, Liquid Smoke
5 GP, Expandable Pole (this one goes to 11')
2 GP, Sparker
2 GP, Bag of Marbles (x10)
1 GP, Net

That will probably get your DM to ban anything from Shax's Indispensible Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101).

Or, if you want to watch your DM poop kittens:

90 GP, Blister Oil (x6)
1 GP, Lasso
5 SP, Leather Gloves

Each vial contains 1d8 applications (which is odd... you'd think you could return the vials that contain less than 8). That's about 4.5 applications per vial, x6 = 27 applications, 27d4 damage = 67.5 damage on average.

Put on the gloves. Apply the blister oil to your lasso. When a suitable target presents itself, throw the lasso. It's exotic, so -4 penalty for non-proficiency, but it's also a ranged touch attack, which should be easy enough to make even with the penalty. Once the lasso hits, target must make a Fort save DC 15 or take 27d4 damage. If the target makes the Fort save, just hold on, and next round, another Fort save. If they wiggle free, throw the lasso again. (If you can get ahold of some Sovereign Glue, apply that to the lasso just before you throw, and then you can just drop the lasso and wait until the creature fails a Fort save... eventually they'll roll a 1).

Note: You only need about 78 vials of Blister Oil (1170 GP, or 390 GP if you craft it yourself) to take down a Tarrasque (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12138520&postcount=94).

Dr.Epic
2012-11-09, 07:24 AM
Pay 100 peasants to punch each other in the gut!:smallwink:

Cranthis
2012-11-09, 05:15 PM
Pay 100 peasants to punch each other in the gut!:smallwink:

I believe I will just buy a bunch of first level scrolls (Trading in some of the scrolls I had to begin with. I started play with 10 scrolls of unseen servant.) and now I can learn a bunch of first level spells not in my spellbook.

Deathkeeper
2012-11-09, 05:20 PM
You should spend it all on chickens and other various animals, and use your Druid powers to convince them to pull various shenanigans on the townsfolk.

Alaris
2012-11-09, 08:20 PM
I believe I will just buy a bunch of first level scrolls (Trading in some of the scrolls I had to begin with. I started play with 10 scrolls of unseen servant.) and now I can learn a bunch of first level spells not in my spellbook.

You started off with 10 scrolls of unseen servant? As in given to you, or bought? Because now I'm curious...

Cranthis
2012-11-09, 08:23 PM
You started off with 10 scrolls of unseen servant? As in given to you, or bought? Because now I'm curious...

Unseen servant is useful as f***

Acanous
2012-11-09, 08:46 PM
Aboleth Mucous + Sprayer= Save or Die Slowly, in a cone.
You can end most 3rd level encounters with it. but with an opening post like
So my DM banned Shapesand
and a follow up of

it doesn't matter what I'm doing.
you're pinging pretty high on the "Campaign disruption" radar. I suggest you just sit back, cool off a little, and remember that you're all doing this for fun.

Of course, I could be getting an inaccurate reading here.

Alaris
2012-11-09, 08:52 PM
Unseen servant is useful as f***

Certainly, I won't argue that fact. But why not just learn the spell with 1 scroll, and be able to cast it? Especially between level 1-3, where gold is at a low... buying 10 scrolls would take a good 250 out of your gold (presuming you bought CL 1 versions, which last what, 1 hour?).

Cranthis
2012-11-09, 08:54 PM
Aboleth Mucous + Sprayer= Save or Die Slowly, in a cone.
You can end most 3rd level encounters with it. but with an opening post like
and a follow up of

you're pinging pretty high on the "Campaign disruption" radar. I suggest you just sit back, cool off a little, and remember that you're all doing this for fun.

Of course, I could be getting an inaccurate reading here.

Yeah, campaign disruption is ok, I just can't start with shapesand.

Cranthis
2012-11-09, 08:55 PM
Certainly, I won't argue that fact. But why not just learn the spell with 1 scroll, and be able to cast it? Especially between level 1-3, where gold is at a low... buying 10 scrolls would take a good 250 out of your gold (presuming you bought CL 1 versions, which last what, 1 hour?).

I did. I traded in most of them for a bunch of different scrolls, and I am going to learn all of them.