PDA

View Full Version : PBP Enthusiasts: Help Wanted with Research

flumphy
2012-11-08, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone,
I recently started working on a paper about the role of campaign setting in tabletop RPGs. Because I don't have the time or manpower available to transcribe a bunch of live games, I've decided to look to play-by-post games for my data.

Specifically, I'm looking for finished games using a published campaign setting. It doesn't have to be D&D: any system with a published campaign setting will do, including systems like WoD and Shadowrun where the setting is baked into the main source books. If you've run such a game, participated in one, or even just know of one, I'd really appreciate it if you posted or PMed me a link. As anyone who's ever dabble in PBP knows, finished games are hard to come by.

Even if you're unable to assist me with this, thanks for reading this far!

Anxe
2012-11-08, 10:56 AM
Here's a campaign blog of the Red Hand of Doom by Saph (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94243). It's not a transcript, but it has all the basics there. I've heard its well-written too, but I didn't particularly like it. Good luck finding finished PBP games though.

lt_murgen
2012-11-08, 01:41 PM
We have had a combo tabletop RPG and PBP game going for the better part of 6 years. We use the PbP to fill in the role-playing between sessions.

We also keep detailed logs of each tabletop session. Feel free to look, but please sign our guestbook:

http://plothook.net/RPG/forumdisplay.php?f=1221

As a note, it is a combination of the published campaign settings of Birthright and Ravenloft.

flumphy
2012-11-13, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the links. I suppose logs of tabletop sessions are helpful as well. I've just never seen anyone keep them with that much detail.

Geostationary
2012-11-16, 01:39 AM
How finished do they need to be? Will really long or episodic material suffice? I could link some Nobilis games here if you want something more unusual than d20 varients.