PDA

View Full Version : Animate Dead on the Undead, can someone prove me wrong?

Syrinth
2012-11-08, 01:10 PM
I'm kind of away from book right now, but a thought occurred to me today...

Animate Dead specifically says that zombies or skeletons cannot be raised again through animate dead. Is there any such rule that would prevent you from casting animate dead on things such as Mummies, Vampires, Entombers etc?

I did a qick look on the d20 srd but nothing showed up.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm giggling at the thought of a zombified Mummy/Vampire...

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-08, 01:30 PM
The Templates. To explain, the templates of Skeleton and Zombie (and most other undead templates) spell out what can they can be applied to. None can be applied to Undead creatures.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-08, 03:17 PM
The Templates. To explain, the templates of Skeleton and Zombie (and most other undead templates) spell out what can they can be applied to. None can be applied to Undead creatures.

Essentially this. Undead can never be used to animate other undead. I believe Libris Mortis might have a section explaining why I can't seem to find it though.

Jeraa
2012-11-08, 03:28 PM
"Skeleton" is an acquired template that can be added to any corporeal creature (other than an undead) that has a skeletal system (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Zombie" is an acquired template that can be added to any corporeal creature (other than an undead) that has a skeletal system (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Skeletons and Zombies can not be made from Undead creatures.

Syrinth
2012-11-08, 07:58 PM
A Derp derp, it's really sad because I looked over that dratted thing like three times and my eyes skipped over it each time. I knew something was terribly wrong there.

Disappointed but thanks a lot.