PDA

View Full Version : Insight bonus to ability score?

danzibr
2012-11-08, 04:09 PM
Is there any search engine which categorizes bonuses by type? In particular I'm curious to see what you can get an insight bonus to. It seems like they mostly apply to attack rolls and the like.

KillianHawkeye
2012-11-08, 08:56 PM
I don't know about a search engine, but bonuses to ability scores are almost always either enhancement bonuses or inherent bonuses for the simple reason that it would get too ridiculous if you could keep stacking with other types.

daemonaetea
2012-11-08, 10:00 PM
I don't know about a search engine, but bonuses to ability scores are almost always either enhancement bonuses or inherent bonuses for the simple reason that it would get too ridiculous if you could keep stacking with other types.

I don't know of any actual rule stating you can't have a bonus of another type to your stats. I know enhancement and inherent are the most common, but I believe I remember at least a few things give sacred/profane bonuses to stats.

As to the question in the OP... sorry, afraid I don't know of anything.

Aethir
2012-11-08, 10:02 PM
While I know of no such search, Owl's Insight from the Spell Compendium will get you a bonus to Wisdom that's Insight.

KillianHawkeye
2012-11-08, 10:32 PM
I don't know of any actual rule stating you can't have a bonus of another type to your stats. I know enhancement and inherent are the most common, but I believe I remember at least a few things give sacred/profane bonuses to stats.

Because it's more of a guideline than a rule. As I said, almost everything WotC ever printed that increased your ability scores was either an enhancement bonus or an inherent bonus. Exceptions are few and far between.

Mithril Leaf
2012-11-08, 10:59 PM
Would this be what someone is looking for? (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=176)