PDA

View Full Version : The Invasion of Toril 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

mucco
2012-11-08, 04:19 PM
Every one of you is coming from different outposts of the Hand. Every one has received the same briefing: a high-value asset has been located by the enemy and is under attack. The asset has created a one-way portal for reaching him, and needs assistance. So you all were told to step into the portal, and you would have had allies. So you did, wearing your Hand symbols.

You appear in an open field, near an obelisk, with a wounded human on the ground. There are five of you - nobody knows anyone else, nor the human. You are surrounded by enemy outsiders, obviously hostile. You see several creatures whose skeleton is barely covered by a dark grey skin, and a couple monsters with a humanoid shape, but completely covered with black spikes on their skin, much like hedgehogs; Finally, a blue ant the size of a giant wields a big spear, and seems to be coordinating the attack.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqQvX9p8QbyJdHQ3cmpMU1BUMUlMc2JFUmpxRkExU VE#gid=0)

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW
22 Morgunn <- UP NOW
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog
19 Bright-tooth
15 Arianna

Please everyone who has it, three Knowledge (the planes) rolls on their turn.

Lexin
2012-11-08, 05:16 PM
"Hmph!" Grunts Morgunn as he sees the enemies.

He looks around and "Krghhht!" spits through a small hole in his helmet.
He tilts his head to the side and says to others:
"I will go for the big one."
After this example of extreme eloquence on his part he adds only "Arghhh!" as he charges at the enemy.

Charging at the 'O' guy at T 20.
Shock Trooper (-9 AC, +18 damage with Warpike)
PA (-5 attack, +10 Warpike/ +10 Gore)

Gore:
Attack [roll0] +2 If arcane caster/ has SLA
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] If arcane caster/ has SLA

Warpike
Attack [roll3] +2 If arcane caster/ has SLA
Damage [roll4] + [roll5] If arcane caster/ has SLA

Attack [roll6] +2 If arcane caster/ has SLA
Damage [roll7] + [roll8] If arcane caster/ has SLA

After first hit with Warpike hits, Morgunn activates Brutal Surge to Bull Rush the 'O' guy into the 'G' guy.
Bull rush str check [roll9]
Shock Trooper - Directed Bull Rush - to aim at 'G' guy
Shock Trooper - Domino Rush - to trip both of them
Trip 'O' [roll10]
Trip 'G' [roll11]

mucco
2012-11-08, 05:34 PM
Morgunn charges and pounds the enemy, hurting him greatly with his pike. As he impales the devil, pushes it back a bit but the devil resists. Then the dwarf strikes again, opening a large wound in the fiend's belly.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqQvX9p8QbyJdHQ3cmpMU1BUMUlMc2JFUmpxRkExU VE#gid=0)

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW
22 Morgunn
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog
19 Bright-tooth
15 Arianna

Morgunn: I need you to explain me what kind of reach you have and why. I went with standard reach for the pike and no reach for the gore, so I didn't consider the natural attack (it misses anyway). But I see strange numbers on your sheet so I think you might have to explain me.

Please everyone who has it, three Knowledge (the planes) rolls on their turn.

Zman
2012-11-08, 06:13 PM
Voriel swiftly crosses his hands across his body draws his weapon and wand while chanting in elven and a blaze of gestures...

Swift Action: AC Extended Shield 24 Minutes
Move: Draw Weapon and Wand
Standard: Haste, entire Party 12 rounds

mucco
2012-11-08, 06:52 PM
The devils attack.

On the left side, one Osyluth attacks Arianna while one Hamatula tries to snatch her. The sting of the Osyluth catches Arianna's shield, but the other devil manages to hurt the mage and grabs her. The fiend manages just in time to hug Arianna with its pointy spikes, before she flashes incorporeal for a moment and is pushed away from him as she returns to corporeal form. The Osyluth also emits a burst of rippling black energy when it is close to the mage.

The second Hamatula tries to get a hold of Bright-tooth. He easily manages to grab the dragonling and violently presses him against itself.

On the other side, the Osyluth severely damaged by the dwarf concentrates for a brief moment while keeping an eye on the enemy, then disappears. The Gelugon takes off from ground and flies in position, to hover well over Voriel, Stray Dog, and Morgunn. It then bursts a chilling wind that freezes the bones of the three up to the marrow.

After that, the other Hamatula and Osyluth close in. The barbed one jumps on the dwarf, only to have its claw connect with the huge armor; the bone devil instead tries to pierce Voriel, who is easily able to dodge the attack. The Osyluth bursts with black energy.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW (34 cold damage)
22 Morgunn <- UP NOW (17 cold damage)
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog <- UP NOW (34 cold damage)
19 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW (35 damage, in grapple)
15 Arianna <- UP NOW

Arianna: the devil was very lucky to pick your image and also get the concealment, hit, won grapple, dealt impale damage, then I ruled you to automatically pop out of grapple and reappear one square up.

Saving throws! That's a brutal campaign first round isn't it.

Voriel: Ref save [roll0] against Cone of Cold fail
Voriel: Will save [roll1] against Fear Aura success
Morgunn: Ref save [roll2] against Cone of Cold success
Stray Dog: Ref save [roll3] against Cone of Cold fail
Arianna: Will save [roll4] against Fear success
Bright-tooth: Will save [roll5] against Fear success

Lexin
2012-11-08, 07:34 PM
"Hmph!" Says Morgunn as he notices the enemy approaching him. He decides to stab the poor fellow.

AoO - Warpike (magebane included)
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Then he reaffirms his grip on the weapon and deals few additional strikes.

+ 2 hp (fast healing)
He moves 5ft back (S20) and attacks with Warpike and Gore attack.
PA (-5 / +15 +2) - Combat Brute

Gore
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Warpike
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]

Attack [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

Waiting for last hit to activate Brutal Surge (if it misses, no Bull Rush)
Morgunn doesn't follow the enemy.
Bull rush [roll10] (trying to get him to T 16 to trip the 'O' guy there)
... need to beat him by 10 to get Trips rolls...
[roll11] vs H
[roll12] vs O

Tharione
2012-11-08, 07:49 PM
Stray Dog howls loudly to the sky and gestures!
His skin shifts; growing duller, hairier, and harder. Then shifts again taking on the appearance of wood

Free: begin shifting
Full round: Summon natures ally 6 to summon [roll0] unicorns which appear at the beginning of his next turn.
Defensive casting: [roll1]
Free: CL:5 barkskin SLA

mucco
2012-11-08, 07:55 PM
The devil is very quick to shift its position around, and most attempts by Morgunn to harm the enemy end up just barely prodding one of the more resilient parts of its hide.

As Stray Dog tries to harden his skin and change his shape, he also attempts to cast a spell while not being hit. However, while doing so many things at once, he gets the verbal component wrong and the spell is ruined.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW (34 cold damage)
22 Morgunn (17 cold damage, 2 heal)
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog
15 Arianna <- UP NOW

Morgunn: moved to R20, as I couldn't see how he could hit with a reach weapon while being adjacent. Do correct me if he could somehow or if you want him to step on R19, or whatever.

All attack rolls missed.

Stray Dog: DC should be 21 for the spell, right? Sorry about the low roll. :smallsmile:

Archmage1
2012-11-08, 08:17 PM
Arianna and Valena both become ethereal as they fly upwards 30 feet, before fading back into the prime, at which point Valena shoots at the Hamatula, and misses, before Arianna casts solid fog

Valena: "Can't catch me!", at which point she leans over and sticks her tongue out at the Demons below.
Arianna: "We don't really want them coming after us, you know."
"But that's what all the fancy magic you cast is for!"
Arianna sighs, and tries to convince her diminutive friend not to taunt the demons "It's there just in case, not because we want to use it"
Valena merrily resumes making faces at the demons below.

Since greater blink gives me control over whether or not you are real, or ethereal, avoiding aao's. If that does not work, can just move underground, before popping out, and ascending 30 feet, as she would need to be ethereal to do that.
Solid fog targeting the bottom right of N15
Fairy fire should deny concealment from fog, making it a nifty combo
[roll0] vs dc 21

Zman
2012-11-08, 08:18 PM
Voriel hisses a curse as he is assaulted by the cold, he takes a quick step out of reach of the creature and launches an assault on the nearest foe...

5' out of melee range of the fying creature into melle range of big O.

Full attack
Burning a 5th level spell Greater Fireburst for Arcane Strike,

Attack[roll0]
Critical Confirmation[roll1]
Damage[roll2] +4(Two handed Str and base +1 Missed)
Magebane[roll3]
Arcane Strike[roll4]
36 Damage after Critical

Attack[roll5]
Critical Confirmation[roll6]
Damage[roll7] +2
Magebane[roll8]
Arcane Strike[roll9]

Attack[roll10]
Critical Confirmation[roll11]
Damage[roll12] +2
Magebane[roll13]
Arcane Strike[roll14]

mucco
2012-11-08, 10:12 PM
As Arianna flies up, the Hamatula and Osyluth wave their weapons at two of the images, making them disappear. Just after that, they are engulfed into a thick fog that impeds movement. The Gelugon tries to hit the mage as well, with the only effect of making another image disappear.

On the other side of the battlefield, Voriel slashes away at the other Osyluth. His first attack slashes open the ribcage of the fiend, and the second one severely harms its right arm. The third attack lands on a knee cap, dealing no damage.

Initiative
23 Voriel
22 Morgunn (17 cold damage, 2 heal)
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog
15 Arianna

Medic!
2012-11-08, 11:20 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth writhes in the devil's grasp, inflicting Holy Pain on the creature for deigning to touch the Pseudodragon. His tail stinger whips around, seeking flesh as divine energies begin to well up from within the tiny dragon.

Swift action to change stances to Martial Spirit, Free action to blink Protective Aura off/on. Standard action to initiate Revitalizing Strike.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] +1 (forgot Haste!)
[roll3] +2 (from Furious Counterstrike)
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6] healed for Bright-tooth, 2hp healed for the unknown human from Martial Spirit

Being a holy weapon should bypass DR I think?

[roll7]

mucco
2012-11-08, 11:48 PM
The little dragon fights back and tries to pierce the enemy's guts. He doesn't manage to hit a soft spot, but the holy energy still discharges and damages the foe.

The devil keeps squishing the dragon, and receives some retribution damage as it does so.

The two devils engulfed in the fog teleport out - one near Arianna, the other in flanking position with the dangerous dwarf. The other barbed devil gets closer before scratching the warrior twice - and managing to get a hold on him at the second try, as his claws dig deep into the neck of the sturdy humanoid.

The large bone devil near Voriel tries to harm him with all he has - but Voriel easily dodges all blows.

Meanwhile, the Gelugon charges downward aiming for the dwarf, now restrained by one of the barbed devils, and attacks him with his lance.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW
22 Morgunn <- UP NOW (17 cold damage, 56 damage, 2 heal, in grapple)
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog <- UP NOW
19 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW (70 damage, in grapple)
15 Arianna <- UP NOW

Medic: remember you have a -4 to attack rolls while in grapple. The tail stinger was a miss anyway (thus not healing you), but since you made the touch AC I ruled the holy damage on touch to apply. By the way, I missed where the last holy d8 came from.

Morgunn: Fort save [roll0] to avoid [roll1] rounds of slow success

Note: damage values are cumulative if you didn't update the sheet at the time of this post. Also, DR has been factored in already.

Tharione
2012-11-08, 11:55 PM
Stray dog howls once more and backs up into the fog.

summon natures ally 5 [roll0] unicorns this time
defensive casting [roll1]

Medic!
2012-11-09, 12:01 AM
Bright-tooth

The tiny Dragon tries again to stab the devil with its tail. Becoming quickly frustrated with the creature's iron grasp, Bright-tooth unleashes a minor warning with its tail-strike.

The unknown d8 was if I had hit it, since its spikes would hit me. Do you want me to roll retribution damage or do you want it? If you're running a damage total, don't forget my Fast Healing 4!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Next round grants his last readied, on a hit Martial Spirit the human on the ground. This attack should bypass any DR (and includes the -4 for grappling!)

EDIT: I think the forum roller hates my dragon =\

Archmage1
2012-11-09, 12:14 AM
Arianna, realizing that she is no match for a Osyluth in melee, casts Telekinesis, Grappling demon Grappling Morgunn, before she dives into the fog, hiding near the edge, with her familiar outside the fog to keep an eye out. Once they reach the fog, Valena turns into a floating orb, and moves just outside of the fog, near Arianna.

"Naaa Naaa Na Naaa Naaa, you can't get me!"

Eating another AAO. Osyluth would presumably have the choice of Valena, or Ariana.
Concentration mod of 20, so auto succeed on the defensive casting.
Grapple check: [roll0]... actually, my mod is 21, not 19, so add 2. CL+int
move to N 17, 15 feet up(should be in fog)
Valena moves to N 18, same height(should be out of fog)

mucco
2012-11-09, 12:36 AM
The Osyluth waves his claw at another of Arianna's images, which disappears. The tiny dragon fights the much-larger opponent with all he has, and just barely misses the beast's eye with his tail.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW
22 Morgunn <- UP NOW (17 cold damage, 56 damage, 2 heal, in grapple)
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog
19 Bright-tooth (70 damage, in grapple)
15 Arianna (5 images)

Note: damage values are cumulative if you didn't update the sheet at the time of this post. Also, DR has been factored in already.

Lexin
2012-11-09, 04:34 AM
Morgunn spits blood after getting hit...
"Grraaagh!" and enters Rage.

(heal 2)
+4 Str +4 Con
(touch AC stays as it is 19 , flat-footed is at 21, total 34 / +5 AC vs ranged)
(Max hp 205, current 148)

PA -9 + 18
Swift - Heartseeking Amulet (touch attack)

Attack (touch) [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] (punishing stance)

mucco
2012-11-09, 04:47 AM
One mighty horn smash, and the hamatula recoils from its grip.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW
22 Morgunn
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog
19 Bright-tooth (70 damage, in grapple)
15 Arianna (5 images)

Morgunn: which square should I put you in?

Zman
2012-11-09, 05:49 AM
After deftly dodging the creature's attacks the keen elf continues his assault, <Infernal>"You must do better."<Infernal>.

Voriel mutters a stream of Elvish, his most natural tongue as his blade glows alight... The blade is while arcana as Voriel deftly slashes the Osyluth up and down...

Free Action: Arcane Strike(Teleport)
Swift Action: Arcane Boost Damage(Fireball)

Attack
Damage[roll1]
Critical Attack[roll2]
Critical Damage[roll3] +6
Magebane[roll4]
Arcane Strike[roll5]
52 Damage

Attack[roll6]
Damage[roll7]
Critical Attack[roll8]
Critical Damage[roll9]
Magebane[roll10]
Arcane Strike[roll11]
37 Damage

Attack[roll12]
Damage[roll13]
Critical Attack[roll14]
Critical Damage[roll15]
Magebane[roll16]
Arcane Strike[roll]5412
42 Damage

mucco
2012-11-09, 06:13 AM
Voriel slashes again on the knee he had hit before, and this time he cuts neatly the devil's leg. The fiend is still falling when the elf quickly spins around and, with another precise strike, beheads him.

The Hamatula couple tries to get to the dwarf again. The first one manages to jump on him again, keeping him too busy to defend properly against his companions. The other barbed devil scratches his head, then the Gelugon first impales him once, before performing a might tail attack.

The escaped Osyluth comes back invisibly, only Stray Dog detects him. The other Osyluth places an ice wall to protect the Gelugon's rear.

The Hamatula squishing Bright-tooth keeps at it, and the pseudodragon suffers more damage. The retribution hurts the devil, however.

Two unicorns, called by Stray Dog, appear on the battlefield.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW
22 Morgunn <- UP NOW (63 damage, in grapple)
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog <- UP NOW
19 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW (44 damage, in grapple)
15 Arianna <- UP NOW (6 images)

Morgunn: Fort save [roll0] to avoid [roll1] rounds of slow success
Morgunn: Fort save [roll2] to avoid [roll3] rounds of slow success

The Wall of Ice can be seen as a blue line on the map.

Lexin
2012-11-09, 06:46 AM
Morgunn pushes the clingy demon away.
"Frikkin huggy bear!"
He mumbles under his breath quite tired and severely hurt already.

Leaving grapple to Q 22
PA -2 +4
1 attack - Bull rush H guy in Q 21
Attack (touch) [roll0]
Bull Rush [roll1]
Pushing him into Q 20
Trip 1 [roll2]
Trip 2 [roll3]

2 attack - Warpike (only if enemy got pushed)
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

3 attack - Gore (+1 to attack/damage if enemy got pushed)
Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7] + [roll8]

Archmage1
2012-11-09, 08:31 AM
Arianna relays the invisible Osyluth's location to Valena, who attempts to outline him in faerie fire, At which point Arianna casts grease before she heads deeper into the fog, and bull rushes Bright-Tooth out of the grapple.

Well, Arianna has persistent arcane sight, so she can see the square the invisible is in, so Valena can target the area with Faerie fire, revealing him. Concentrate as a swift action, so telekinesis is fairly nifty.
Arianna moves to O16 and 10 feet up, , Valena moves to O17, and stays at the same height.
Grease targets the top left of R20, dc 22
bull rush vs Bright tooth [roll0](remember size penalties), pushing him along the 15 line, away from her.
sr for faerie fire[roll1]

Zman
2012-11-09, 08:34 AM
voriel moves into the fog and immediately encounters the devil grappling Bright Tooth, he flicks up his wrist and unleashes a few bolts of arcane energy...

Cast Force Missiles
SR

Damage[6d6] 17

Half to anyone Adjacent

Edit:Sorry if I catch anyone.

Tharione
2012-11-09, 01:19 PM
The unicorns appear near the most injured of those fighting the infernal creatures, and seek to touch their horns to them.

Stray dog steps further back into the fog (toward bright tooth) and changes is form into that of a dire bat.

they appear in squares that aren't threatened
unicorns radiate magic circles against evil for whatever thats worth considering current company.

[roll0] touch vs bright tooth if neccesary
[roll1] healing
[roll2] touch vs morgunn if neccesary
[roll3] healing

if they miss they hold the charge

Medic!
2012-11-09, 02:46 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth sends a telepathic message to the devil squeezing him You had your chance to release me, now you face a dragon's wrath!

And another telepathic message to Stray Dog My thanks for the healing, and I give you this gift from the Platinum Dragon

His stinger strikes out in a platinum arc of energy at the creature's chest.

Swift action to use White Raven Tactics to change Stray Dog's initiative to mine -1
Finally my good maneuver's granted! Smiting Divine Surge, don't let me down

[roll0] +1 (forgot haste again, ugh)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Martial Spirit healing directed at the human (again!)

Granteds:
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Lexin
2012-11-09, 02:57 PM
"Barzum! ... Friggin pointy horse stabbing me in the back, your luck that it didn't leave mark on my armor you savage beast!
If you try this again I will...
... hey, I actually feel a bit better...
...I will forgive you this time!"

And he turns back to more pressing matters - ugly, ice-spitting monsters.

Tharione
2012-11-09, 03:04 PM
Feeling invigorated the Stray Bat decides to spread the feeling. Squeaking and moving his bat-thumbs.

cast mass snakes swiftness, everyone fighting fiends in 20' of stray bat immediately may make a single attack.
Doesn't stack with haste attack in a given round.

conditional, if summoned creatures which 'act on my turn' also go again:

unicorns continue their healing
[roll0] touch v morgun
[roll1] heals
[roll2] touch v telepathic lizard
[roll3] heals

Medic!
2012-11-09, 03:08 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth's stinger lashes to the side, trying to dig one last ounce of pain out of the creature as it exits from his furious strike.

Snake's Swiftness attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

And another 2hp healed for the human

Zman
2012-11-09, 03:57 PM
Voriel makes a swift stab with her blade.... Trying to to hit the small dragon...

I'm adjacent, so why not. Hope I don't hit Medic, if he is stilled grappled.

Attack[roll0]
Critical[roll1]
Damage[roll2]
Critical Damage[roll3]
Magebane[roll4]
Concealment for Fog[roll5]

mucco
2012-11-09, 04:36 PM
The massive dwarf grabs the devil and literally throws him away, hitting its companion. Both enemies fall on the ground, and the dwarf seizes the opportunity to stab the most hurt one.

The wizard's familiar nullifies the enemy's invisibility, then the tiefling herself rushes her draconic companion away from danger before covering the two fallen Hamatulas with slippery oil.

Bright-tooth, free again, thrusts its tail against his enemy, and creates a hole from side to side in the devil. Thanks to Stray Dog's gift of quickness, he stabs the Hamatula once more. Voriel joins in with magic bolts and finally another precise strike at the devil's neck. Another head rolls before the elf's feet.

--

The two Hamatula remaining, one of them badly hurt by the dwarf, decide to teleport away before safely stepping up. The two Osyluth create more walls to hamper the party's movement. Finally, the Gelugon moves closer to the cloud and unleashes another deadly breeze of freezing cold.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW (23 cold damage)
22 Morgunn <- UP NOW
21 Enemies
21 Stray Dog <- UP NOW (46 cold damage)
19 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW (23 cold damage)
15 Arianna <- UP NOW (46 cold damage, 7 images)

Morgunn: you only roll the double trip once, against both. Your first roll was enough for them.

Stray Dog: unicorns didn't get an extra turn from WRT.
Unicorn: 27/50 hp.

The Walls of Ice can be seen as a blue line on the map.

Voriel's Ref save [roll0] against Cone of Cold success
Bright-tooth's Ref save [roll1] against Cone of Cold success
Stray Dog (Bat?)'s Ref save [roll2] against Cone of Cold fail
Arianna's Ref save [roll3] against Cone of Cold (blink went bad) fail
Valena's Ref save [roll4] against Cone of Cold (blink went bad, not sure about her bonus) success
Unicorn's Ref save [roll5] against Cone of Cold success

Lexin
2012-11-09, 05:05 PM
"Barzum! ...making me walk all this way..." Morgunn swears all the way as he walks towards enemy... simply walking around the Wall of Ice...

He has 60 ft speed thanks to Haste ... and 45 burrow speed.

If he can use burrow (dirt not stone ground) he moves to J 22... under the wall.
If not, he simply walks around the wall to L 25.

I am assuming he cannot charge while burrowing (earthshark style!) so no to shocktrooper.

Standard - Mountain Hammer (ignore DR, as far as I remember)
PA -9 /+18
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If hits
Swift action - Brutal Surge
Bull Rush [roll2]
If I beat his roll by 5, he gets slammed into his own wall.
Dungeoncrusher [roll3] +20 If PA is included in Dungeoncrusher.

Tharione
2012-11-09, 05:22 PM
The Cheetah appears unaffected by the blast of cold save for a thin coating of frost on its fur. It growls at the enemy closest to it and hurls forth large bolts of wood from seemingly nowhere with a bat of its paws.

Splinterbolt 'G'
[roll0] ranged touch
[roll1] damage
[roll2] ranged touch
[roll3] damage
[roll4] ranged touch
[roll5] damage

[roll6] defensive casting
No SR, but DR applies

mucco
2012-11-09, 05:27 PM
The dwarf melds with the earth, as as he pops out on the other side of the wall he tries to kill the Osyluth. With great strength he swings, but his big arc is predictable and the fiend manages to dodge it.

The dog turns into a cheetah and shoots bolts of wood (:smallconfused:) at the Gelugon. The fiend appears to hardly notice the attack. Meanwhile, the unicorns heal more damage.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW (23 cold damage)
22 Morgunn
21 Enemies
21 Stray Cheetah (46 cold damage)
19 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW (23 cold damage)
15 Arianna <- UP NOW (46 cold damage, 7 images)

Medic!
2012-11-09, 05:29 PM
Bright-tooth

The tiny dragon ignores the cone of cold completely, and begins flapping his little wings to get above the cloud bank. As he begins his ascent, a breif flash of divine energy pours out from him, bolstering the group's morale.

Immune to cold :smallbiggrin: Swift action to WRT the cheetah Big V (Cheetah's now out of range :smallfrown:) (since I didn't WRT the bat), standard action to cast Bless defensively [roll0], and start using move actions to fly up up up up up

[roll1]

Buffs given:
Bless - +1 morale bonus to attack and saves vs fear for every ally in 50ft at time of casting, duration: 9 min

Zman
2012-11-09, 05:36 PM
Voriel takes another blast of cold, ale to deftly avoid the brunt of the blast. He draws deeply upon his energy reserves, charging his blade with his arcane might and as his blade fades he launches another desperate attack...

Swift: Wraithstrike
Free: Drop Dismissal for Arcane Strike

Attack[roll0] vs Touch
Damage[roll1]
Critical[roll2]
Critical Damage[roll3]
Magebane[roll4]
Arcane Strike[roll5]

Attack[roll6] vs Touch
Damage[roll7]
Critical[roll8]
Critical Damage[roll9]
Magebane[roll10]
Arcane Strike[roll11]

Attack[roll12] vs Touch
Damage[roll13]
Critical[roll14]
Critical Damage[roll15]
Magebane[roll16]
Arcane Strike[roll17]

Had to check and make sure that I didn't roll a D10 for attacks, 10,8,6,9,8,5...

mucco
2012-11-09, 05:42 PM
As the dragonling emerges from the fog and empowers his friends, the elf takes a shot at damaging the Ice Devil. His weapon is only partially effective, however he manages to cut several superficial wounds into the fiend's flesh.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW still, WRT; another turn for you so arcane strike expired
22 Morgunn
21 Enemies
21 Stray Cheetah
19 Bright-tooth
15 Arianna <- UP NOW (7 images)

Zman
2012-11-09, 05:55 PM
"I have little to aid here."

Voriel users a fleeting elven phrase as he disappears...arriving on the other side of the battle where he could be more useful.

Dimension Door to M26

Archmage1
2012-11-09, 09:31 PM
"So... Cold..."
"Wimp. A bit of cold wont kill you."
Arianna glares at the little faerie, before casting
In the interest of not dying, Arianna casts Resist energy(cold), and extends it with her rod of extend. Then, both of them move out of the fog, at which point Arianna tries to grapple the Gelugon, before Valena takes a couple of shots at it

So, cast resist energy, giving Arianna and Valena dr 35 and 40 vs cold(I think it stacks...)
Grapple check[roll0]
Attacks(haste)
[roll1]
damage[roll2]
[roll3]
damage[roll4]

Moving to O19, high enough to see over the walls.
Valena has chaotic and good subtypes.

mucco
2012-11-09, 11:15 PM
Valena's bolts fly toward the ice devil. The second one harms him slightly, getting stuck in its belly.

The devils regroup. The two Hamatula teleport right next to Valena, and the Osyluth near the dwarf warps back near its leader. The other bone devil drops down until it is in the fog again, where he can see Arianna, and creates another wall. Finally, the Gelugon concentrates for a second and all devils are suddenly shrouded by a rippling black aura.

Initiative
23 Voriel <- UP NOW
22 Morgunn <- UP NOW
21 Enemies
21 Stray Cheetah <- UP NOW
19 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW
15 Arianna <- UP NOW (8 images)

Tharione
2012-11-09, 11:41 PM
Stray Cheetah growls and drums the ground with its paws.

[roll0] concentration
Summon natures ally 6 for a huge earth elemental

The unicorns seek to heal the most injured looking ally they can see.

[roll1] touch
[roll2] healing
[roll3] touch
[roll4] healing

Zman
2012-11-09, 11:51 PM
Voriel moves quickly around the wall and activates his belt of healing as he prepares to plunge into the fog.

Move to O22
Healing[roll0]

Medic!
2012-11-10, 03:03 AM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth diverts slightly on his upward path and plunges his stinger out with a platinum sheen of light about it at the flying O-guy, then continues to climb as high as his little wings can take him. His mind reaches out to those of his allies with a bolstering call, Finish them! Press the attack! Spray the countryside with their blood!

Using fly-by attack to initiate Divine Surge against the Flying O on the way past him, using a full move action to gain as much altitude as possible (60ft fly speed, I'm AFB and don't remember if haste affects fly speeds), followed by a swift action to change stances to Leading the Charge (+8 charge damage for allies in 60ft). He will have his dodge target set to the flying O, so AC against the AoO provoked will be 43 (normal listed +4 from protection from evil, +1 dodge, +4 mobility, +1 haste)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Heal 2 hp on a hit from Martial Spirit for Bright-tooth, and his last readied will be granted next round!

EDIT: Dear dice, diaf, tia, Medic!

mucco
2012-11-10, 05:06 AM
As Voriel goes around the walls, Bright-tooth climbs up to a very nice altitude, allowing him to see the whole battlefield. He tries to hit an enemy on the way, and the enemy tries to harm the dragon as well, but both fail. Stray Cheetah's unicorn heals Voriel, while the other one cannot see any suitable target.

Initiative
23 Voriel
22 Morgunn <- UP NOW
21 Enemies
21 Stray Cheetah
19 Bright-tooth
15 Arianna <- UP NOW (8 images)

Poor Medic :smallbiggrin:

Lexin
2012-11-10, 06:49 AM
Morgunn dives in the ground once again.
"You better be right. If I hit a wall on my way out...!"
He murmurs about the 'directions'.

Burrow to L 16 (or M 16 if needed)
And hits the 'O' guy with his Warpike
PA -9/ +18
Swift - get back maneuver
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 09:33 AM
"Come and get me, you big, mean evil things!"(Either infernal or abyssal, whichever the enemy understands)
Valena moves up 5 feet, provoking aao's, before she shoots at the Gelugon some more.
"Valena, don't get yourself killed!"
Arianna moves to O18, 20 feet up. She then casts Glitterdust, trying to blind the enemies in the fog cloud, before Trying to slow down the Gelugon again

So, casting Glitterdust(DC 23) at the top right of N17, 5 feet up(Yes. Valena needs to save) Note that the O on Q15 does not get an AAO, as he can't see her
Valena defenses: Greater Blink, Incorporeal(which do stack), AC 39vs Evil, +4 from Bright Tooth, if not,37, +2 from her, 8 images
Valena Attacks:(note that her attacks ignore natural armor, armor, and shields)
[roll0] damage[roll1]
[roll2] damage[roll3]
will save[roll4]
(Grapple in OOC)

mucco
2012-11-10, 04:52 PM
Morgunn moves in position to strike the Osyluth, but loses his balance at the moment of the strike. Meanwhile, the devils flail their claws uselessly at the fairy, making some of her images disappear.

The devils are about to resume their attacks, when they stop for a moment. Then, they all disappear and leave the battlefield.

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 05:00 PM
"Come back here, you evil things! I was only going to banish you."
Valena is very disappointed in the vanishing of their enemies.
After dismissing her fog and grease, Arianna makes her way over to the injured human, looking at the obelisk as she comes.
"Are you all right?"

Arcane sight, so basically detect magic without that whole wait 3 rounds. Also, my spellcraft is high enough to auto-pass any normal DC's

Tharione
2012-11-10, 05:14 PM
A huge earth elemental rises from the earth opposite the ice wall from the cheetah with the sound of a rockslide. It brings its fists down on the wall.

The unicorns seek to use their final healing spells on the injured.

Stray Dog the cheetah wanders cautiously out from the fog, looking about cautiously. over to the human.

Earth elemental summons opposite the Vertical wall from stray dog
Autohit max power attacks on the walls of ice.
[roll0] slam damage to one 10' section
[roll1] slam damage to a different 10' section

[roll2] healing
[roll3] healing

Lexin
2012-11-10, 05:18 PM
*spit* "Where, for Nine Hells sake, did these baarshuuk go?! I was just getting started!"
Morgunn swears for a while and walks around till he finally calms down.

Will there be a fight in next 5 minutes, or can I mark his hp back to full?

mucco
2012-11-10, 05:36 PM
Gale can see several magic items on the human, as he replies to her queries. "Greetings, and good job on the support. My name is Sael. I am of the Ash, and I was tasked with researching this obelisk. It holds some kind of power that planars want, and I am trying to find a way to exploit this power as well. Unfortunately, I have been under heavy attack since the morning, and now that all my spells have been expended, I was powerless. Fortunately we are organized, and I just needed to activate the emergency portal to get help. You are quite a powerful force - I will report on that to the leadership."

As he speaks, you finally have the time to look around, and see where you ended up. The place looks like a hilly area, but no plants are present, not even grass on the ground. The obelisk, made out of natural stone, stands in the middle of the most flat area in sight. On the small valleys between the hills, there are what seem to be lucid black stone spikes, shooting vertically up to 10 or 15 feet. They look like burnt trees, but they are obviously not made out of charred wood. The sky is grey with no sign of blue, despite it being noon and with no clouds.

"Anyway, I need you until tomorrow, when I will be able to prepare spells. I trust you will stay here with me. Tomorrow I should get supplies, possibly a reinforcement for the position, and some supplies will likely come in for you too. If that's okay for you, I can debrief you on the surrounding area so tomorrow you can set off to, well, do something. OK?"

Gale: guy has several magic items, not going to list them all but it's quite a respectable bunch of stuff.

Everyone with fast healing: you're up to full health. Everyone else, call the unicorn heals.

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 05:49 PM
Arianna calls a unicorn heal for 13.... Anything magical about the obelisk?

Lexin
2012-11-10, 05:50 PM
"Any more duunglar... arghh... devils around? I don't think I would be able to simply wait here and do nothing. Little hunting wouldn't hurt..."

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 05:52 PM
"Valena, do you sense anything?"

Valena casts detect evil, and scans the surrounding area.

Tharione
2012-11-10, 06:07 PM
The earth elemental goes about demolishing the ice walls.

The unicorns tap their horns to the cheetah and the most vulnerable looking person around.

The cheetah sits, changing into the form of a very hairy feral looking humanoid. He retrieves an acorn from a pouch at his belt and eats it. Then distributes an acorn to everyone present who's not summoned.

Stray dog and whoever is the other target benefit from Neutralize poison for 80 minutes.

Acorns are like the berries from the goodberry spell, heal 1 hp and feed a person for a day.

mucco
2012-11-10, 06:10 PM
Arianna perceives an overwhelming magical aura coming from the obelisk. Valena perceives an overwhelming evil aura coming from the obelisk.

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 06:22 PM
"That Obelisk... Is so evil... We should leave. Now. Or destroy it."
Valena hides behind Arianna, keeping Arianna between her and the obelisk.

"Hm. It is highly magical as well. What do you know about it?"
knowledge arcana[roll0]
knowledge planes[roll1]

mucco
2012-11-10, 06:26 PM
You can tell that it is related to the invasion, however nothing else springs to mind.

Tharione
2012-11-10, 06:40 PM
Stray dog retrieves two jars filled with blue goo and hands one to Morgunn and one to Voriel.
He furrows his brow and speaks, although the words are guttural and drawn out as if he has extreme difficultly pronouncing them.

"Troll.... Bane. for weapons... for... blue ant."

Lexin
2012-11-10, 06:49 PM
Morgunn accepts the blue goo. "Thanks... I guess"
He has no idea what trolls have to do with blue ants, but whatever... he wouldn't like to be rude!

Medic!
2012-11-10, 07:28 PM
Bright-tooth

When the devils disappear, the tiny dragon begins a lazy spiralling descent, landing close to Arianna, and begins weaving in and out across her ankles like a house-cat with a throaty purring sound. Telepathically he asks, Are you well, Lady-magus?

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 07:37 PM
"Well, you are friendly, aren't you. Did me throwing you out of that demon's grasp hurt you? I am well enough, all things considered. That obelisk should be destroyed, though."
Arianna leans down to pat the cat like dragon.

"Are you losing your mind? You threw that dragon thing out of the demon's grasp, but it hasn't said anything..."

mucco
2012-11-10, 07:41 PM
"What? No, the orders are to discover the properties of this obelisk. We cannot risk losing it, we spent many resources on gaining control of it already. First I will learn what it exactly does, then the Ash HQ will decide on its fate. We hope it will be used as a weapon."

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 07:45 PM
"That thing is EVIL. It should be destroyed. Who knows what it could do."

Arianna examines the obelisk, with Valena assisting
(take 20 with spellcraft, aid another auto succeeds, so 59.

Lexin
2012-11-10, 07:45 PM
Morgunn once again asks the human, they rescued.
"What can you tell me about surroundings? Any more planars?" He says it slowly and clearly, as he wasn't heard or understood the first time.

Medic!
2012-11-10, 07:46 PM
Bright-tooth

The tiny dragon's mind reaches out next for Valena "Thing" is such a hurtfull way to describe an ally it sends, with a mental smirk. I prefer *an image of a Bright-shining-tooth comes through the link* "Are you well? is all I asked your mage." I would ask the same of you.

Throughout the exchange he continues to pur and stretch towards Arianna's scratching fingers.

Tharione
2012-11-10, 07:50 PM
The hairy man becomes busy as a bee, casting a spell which casues sand to swirl about him like an angry swarm of insects, placing some sort of stamping device into a pouch, then transforming into a Giant Bat.

Extended halo of sand (boosted caster level with ankh, sacrificing 'spikes')
Keys his glyph seal to halo of sand and puts it in a seed pouch
wild shape into a dire bat.

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 07:53 PM
"I am always ok, at least, after Arianna saved me."

Valena flies down to get a look at the dragon.

"You are a bit small for a dragon, aren't you? Your name is Bright-Tooth, right?"
She buzzes around him getting a look at him from all sides.

Medic!
2012-11-10, 08:00 PM
Bright-tooth

The tiny Crusader takes a moment to bask in the attention, and playfully springs about in circles chasing Valena about as she examines him. That is correct, and it seems I owe Mistress Arianna for saving me, as well! At the small comment he puffs out his chest and unfurls his wings, stretching up to his tip-toes to seem as large as his 1-foot frame will allow. Does this seem more fitting? A mental chuckle accompanies his next telepathic message, All flee in terror! RAWR!. He opens his mouth and stretches his neck out like a true dragon unleashing its breath weapon, but the only thing pouring forth from his maw is a high-pitched squeel, like metal being rent in two.

Tharione
2012-11-10, 08:02 PM
Stray Bat puts his wings over its ears and screeches at at the screecher.

Zman
2012-11-10, 08:03 PM
After taking the bottle Voriel, the tall and deeply tanned elf with golden eyes, turn to Moregun to explain, "I believe we've been supplied with a compound for our weapon, which will negate the regenerative powers of that Ice Devil." Voriel shivers at the mention of the Ice Devil.

He gently heals himself once more with his belt,

[roll0]

Voriel peers at the Obolisk, attempting to discern its nature..

Knowledge Arcana[roll1]

Medic!
2012-11-10, 08:04 PM
Bright-tooth

The screech from the bat startles the tiny dragon. Deepest apologies! Say aren't you a bit big, for a bat?

Zman
2012-11-10, 08:05 PM
"What a delightful little pseudo dragon, I apologize for the backlash of my earlier spell."

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 08:07 PM
"She does seem to save a lot of small people, doesn't she. I was surprised when a demon-thing saved me as well."
She smiles as he tries to look impressive, and when he roars:
"EEEK"
Valena flies and hides behind Arianna's leg, and looks out at Bright-Tooth, smiling. She then grins even more wildly, and suddenly, Bright Tooth is outlined in purple flames. She returns to smiling.
"Much more impressive!"

Medic!
2012-11-10, 08:12 PM
Bright-tooth

Truly the center of attention, as a mighty dragon should be! He responds to Voriel, I may be tiny, but I'm very resilient, no harm done!, as he hops back and forth, and darts to-and-fro playing with Valena.

When she wreathes him in purple flames he rises up on his back legs and flails his fore-claws at the air, wings stretch straight out to either side. Bright-tooth then spins around on one foot and lands unceremoniously on his back, feet straight up, twitching. @ Valena The mighty dragon is slain!

Tharione
2012-11-10, 08:16 PM
The bat scratches its nose in response, and nods emphatically when Voriel describes the blue goos function, before taking to the air. Circling about the obelisk at about 30' height in a fairly wide radius pattern, listening for foes.

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 08:17 PM
After she finishes examining the obelisk, Arianna straightens up, stopping scratching the psuedodragon.

"Well, this is certainly an interesting conundrum. Anyone else have any ideas about this obelisk? By the way, my name is Arianna, and the hyperactive pixie down there is Valena."

When Bright-Tooth plays dead, Valena laughs, and claps her hands.
"A fine performance, mighty one."
The purple flames slowly recede, as she ends the effect.

At Arianna's comment, she looks up, and stamps her foot.
"I am not a Pixie. Or hyperactive."
Then, in order to demonstrate her seriousness, she re-loads her crossbow, before sitting on Arianna's shoe, and observing Bright-Tooth.

Medic!
2012-11-10, 08:33 PM
Bright-tooth

With playtime seemingly over, the dragon takes to the wing and flies up after the giant bat. As he flies past the scarily large creature he reaches out with and grazes the bat wing-to-wing, then flies back down to find a comfortable spot to settle and listen to everyone try to figure out their next step.

Look at me bein useful! For the next minute Tharione wins a +1 competancy bonus on his next skill check, attack roll, or saving throw :smallbiggrin: (I cast Guidance on the Stray Bat) kekekeke

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 08:38 PM
You noticed this either during the fight, or afterwards, your choice.

Before you stands a short woman, dressed in red, she wears little in the way of jewelry, with the exception of some chains around her horns. She appears to have a silver circlet around her brow, a fairly utilitarian amulet around her neck, and a finely crafted silver ring around her finger. She is leaning on a quarterstaff as she looks around. However, even more unusually than the horns, a small, blue fairy seems to be flying around her head, occasionally landing on her shoulder. The fairy seems to have some elegent silver jewelery, but it is difficult to determine if there are any symbols on it, or how well crafted it is, due to the size. She has introduced herself as Arianna, and the fairy as Valena
Arianna's Image

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74sifKNtV1rz6calo1_1280.jpg

Valena's image

http://www.templates.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/4snowflake_fairy_by_ironshod.jpg

Zman
2012-11-10, 08:52 PM
Voriel, a bright blonde elf stands with bright golden eyes stands garbed in Mithril chain and holds an elven blade of the same make.

"Voriel (http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGwtMj_1eiEeXpg9lD0J7EGuv95pkyN Y4kWS2JhM6quujKtkmaJA), in service to the Ash." he holds his hand across his chest introducing himself.

He cleans off his blade with a flick then proceeds to search the two decapitated corpses, his eyes alight.

Detect Magic, Take Ten Search for 22

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 08:57 PM
"Well, if I can't learn anything more about this obelisk, perhaps there may be some clue on the bodies of the fallen."

Arianna moves over to the bodies, and searches them, investigating them carefully, looking for anything odd.

As Arianna moves over to the bodies, Valena suddenly flies up, drawing everyone's eyes to her
"Hey, everyone. This is Bright-Tooth, the mighty dragon! He is... Nifty, and fun."

Valena also follows, but as Arianna actually does something productive, she simply kicks one, before hopping up and down for a bit holding her foot.

So, rolling ftw
Arcane sight is persisted. For the purposes of item examination, the spellcraft checks auto succeed.
knowledge arcana[roll0]
planes[roll1]
history[roll2]
religion[roll3]
untrained knowledge[roll4]
search[roll5]

Tharione
2012-11-10, 08:59 PM
http://www.watershedpost.com/sites/default/files/bat.jpg?1281117642

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 09:45 PM
As the pendant with the sapphire turns up, Valena quickly flies over, and grabs it, putting it on.
"We will be selling that, you know, but I suppose you can keep it for now. It is a bit big for you, though."

The Necklace is reaching down to near Valena's knees. She seems not to notice, replying only
"Shiny. and Pretty."
She dances around, bobbing up and down in excitement as she flies loops around the area.

Zman
2012-11-10, 11:01 PM
Voriel spends some time meditating on his spells, once complete he spends time holding his amulet, pouring his arcane energies into it, strengthening and weaving new strands of magic within the amulet.

Take 15 minutes to Prepare Bears Endurance, and spend the rest of the day upgrading the amulet unless needed.
6days of crafting required.

mucco
2012-11-10, 11:31 PM
Sael replies to Arianna and Morgunn. "Yes, the obelisk radiates evil. It also radiates good, chaos, and law. I am here to study and conduct some experiments with it, and I've had some success so far. The stone reacts... well... to contact with magic-able creatures. If they touch the stone and spill their blood on it, the stone drains all of their power and they lose all magic skills they have. I have a suspicion that it does something similar with extraplanar creatures too, but I haven't been able to do a real test so far."

Sael starts walking around the menhir, patting his hand on it. It is a huge chunk of stone, maybe 30 feet tall, carved in a pentagon shaped column. "This thing appeared during the first invasions here, in the Shaar. Local tribes fought for its possession before some extraplanars came and slaughtered or enslaved them. I managed to know through... unconventional means that these tribes had been weakened by the mere presence of the obelisk, and this is why they couldn't fight back."

Archmage1
2012-11-10, 11:49 PM
"Well, I can summon an extraplanar creature to test, although it won't be very powerful. However, I will keep well clear of the stone. If I lose my magic..."
Arianna's voice trails off for a second or two, but then Valena flies over to the stone, apparently planning on landing on it
"Valena, Don't Touch That! It is dangerous"
Valena flies over to Arianna and sits on her shoulder, leaning on Arianna's horn.
"Spoilsport"

"I don't want to lose you. If that means I need to get you not to do crazy things, then that is what I will do."

Arianna turns back to Sael, moving carefully so as to not knock off Valena.

"We could see if there is any reaction between the blood of these dead devils, and the stone. We could also try using some of the blood from their weapons"

Arianna points at Morgunn, Voriel, and Bright-Fang, specifically at their weapons, still dripping blood.

"to see if there is any reaction. Getting the demons to touch it again might be tricky. If we can lure them back here, somehow, I suspect that the dwarf can push them onto the statue, and scatter some of their blood on it as well. Do you know if it appeared before the invasions, or during the invasions?"

mucco
2012-11-11, 12:14 AM
"It has to be a willing act, I know that. It is a sort of sacrifice, as I know the menhir absorbs the energy - it is not merely lost."

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 12:24 AM
"Well, I am afraid that it is unlikely that I will be able to persuade a random devil to test it out. We might be able to convince one it will give him power, but I am afraid that deceit is not my specialty. Does it need to be a fully understood sacrifice?"

mucco
2012-11-11, 12:52 AM
"No, as a matter of fact, I know it doesn't have to be fully understood. Anyway" Sael coughs a couple times, "I need help with testing this thing, if you want. I intend to discover how to unleash the power stored in it, but I think I need to charge it more. See, one of the five sides of it emanates a faint luminescence, you cannot see it now that it is day, but with the night you will be able to spot it. Some more creatures have to sacrifice their powers here."

Sael walks away from the menhir, to a fair distance, and gestures in the air as if he was opening some sort of container. He rummages in the air for a while, then gestures as if he was closing something. He returns with some scrolls in hand. He unfolds them before you. "I know there is a Hexen nearby. It is the source of the extraplanars in this area. And I have this feeling that the Ash can use the obelisk to destroy it. I just know, the power of the obelisk is so... so strong. If leveraged, it could destroy the Hexen. I'm sure of it. Here, look."

The scrolls comprise maps of the area and notes about extraplanars in the area. There are mostly devils, but other creatures are present as well, even natives of this plane. Sael details the various areas of interest. "We are here, near Hardcastle. Along the river Shaar there are mostly devils now. I know some people survive somewhere in the outskirts of Chondalwood, but they hide as best as they can to avoid certain doom. The mountains to the north are perhaps the most dangerous place: the devils there have hired some of the less civilized races there - giants, mostly. The giants do not care about the fate of the plane, apparently. Past the Uthangol Mountains, the Devils have taken great pleasure in helping out two small human counties at war - just a couple reinforcements per side, and the humans are saving them the hassle of killing them all. To the east, by the Council Hills, I had reports of unspeakably alien events happening - we could really use intelligence there. Finally, I know for a fact that the Hexen resides in or around Skuld, quite a ways north-east. Most devils are coming from there. To the west lies Shaarmid. It had been captured by the enemy, but we had rumor of a strong resistance just the past week. This is the situation around. Do you need to know anything else?"

Lexin
2012-11-11, 08:10 AM
When everyone say their names Morgunn adds
"Morgunn of Iron Hand clan."

Morgunn is a huge dwarf, thick bones under layers and layers of muscle... under layers and layers of steel. He usually wears a heavy helmet, leaving only his blue eyes and long white beard visible. When he takes off his armor (rarely) you could see that he is covered in scars all over his body.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100428223834/wow-freedom/images/f/f2/Dwarf_jpeg.jpg

"It is easy, we should go, kill some planars..."

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 11:48 AM
"True, but which ones? Do we head west, to see what we can do in Shaarmid, or North, and break through the mountains, and convince the two kingdoms to not fight each other, or do we go east, through the council hills, before heading north, to Skuld? Any of those actions will help the Ash, but it really depends on if there is some sort of time constraint. Sael, is there any sort of time constraint on this? And just to make it even more complex, we need to convince one or more planars to sacrifice themselves on this obelisk, if we want to try to use it to destroy the Hexen. As I said before, my skills do not include deceit, which will make persuading the devils... difficult."

mucco
2012-11-11, 06:02 PM
"The biggest time constraint is, planar numbers are increasing. I fear another big wave coming pretty soon, but nobody knows how soon. That is information we have to discover somehow. You might do it. Also, we might be able to threaten planars to do it in order not to die - outsiders, at least. Outsiders cannot be resurrected and have no afterlife, so they don't want to die."

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 06:14 PM
"Well, in order to capture one of these, we would need to prevent its teleportation, but I can't do that for very long. From what you said, I think heading to Shaarmid, before heading through the council hills on the way to the mountains to get to Skuld would be the best route."

This is where a map would be really handy...

mucco
2012-11-11, 06:17 PM
"If you bring someone here, in the next days, I will be able to block teleportation. If I don't get swarmed by enemies again."

It's the same Toril map really. Editing OoC OP with the link. You are between the Uthangol Mountains and the Great Rift, in the lower right part of the map.

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 06:24 PM
"The issue is in bringing it here. I don't see how we can maintain a teleport block for any significant length of time. We could try luring them here, but I am not so certain that iwe can do that."

Valena is apparently calm, seemingly waiting patiently, which is... odd.
(I was going to have her do something silly, but my mind is currently blank)

mucco
2012-11-11, 06:33 PM
"You can knock them unconscious or lure them here. I am going to ask my boss for some dimensional manacles, but they are hard to find."

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 06:37 PM
"Well, either way, there is little point in staying here. We might as well go to Shaarmid, and see what is happening there, before heading past here again to go to either the mountains, or the hills. Given their healing abilities though, I don't see us being able to knock out a devil for long."

Medic!
2012-11-11, 06:48 PM
Bright-tooth

As Bright-tooth lounges about, enjoying the sun on his scales, he off-handedly speaks into everyone's mind at the same time, If only a priest were available, the area could be Hallowed, and blessed that no outsiders could depart from within it.

Zman
2012-11-11, 06:57 PM
Voriel adds to the conversation, "I do not possess the power to stop their teleportation. I agree with the Tiefling's plan."

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 07:05 PM
"Voriel, you can use magic, right? I saw you casting haste in the fight, so I could let you learn dimensional anchor from my spellbooks, allowing you to block teleportation for a time"

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 07:14 PM
Arianna actually looks at the map now, and reconsiders her plan
"On second thoughts, we might want to head for the mountains, as they are a lot closer than any of the other destinations. We should be able to see the council hills and possible Shaarmid from there, allowing us to teleport there, saving quite a lot of time."

Lexin
2012-11-11, 07:17 PM
"Hmmph, I have no way of keeping them in place other than pinning them to something with my pike."
*pause*
"I could try to knock one out though... I find mercy overrated, but if it serves a purpose..."
*Another longer pause, with a thoughtful expression under his helmet*
"As for plan... today we should just wait here and protect the skinny guy. As for later, I would vote for either northern mountains, as it is most dangerous place and it is a reason to go there by itself... that and it would be fun to beat the Jarl in the battle for leadership and get a tribe of giants for myself to let them loose on the planars...
Other interesting thought is going west, to free Shaarmid, if there is someone still fighting there they deserve our help much more than the humans fighting each other..."
*pause and spit to the side*
"Only my opinion though."

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 07:23 PM
"From the map, Shaamid is 3-4 weeks in the wrong direction. We could teleport back here, but we could probably cut time off of that by going to the mountains first, and getting a good look around. Getting the giants to fight the planars would be a fun plan, but if it were that simple to get control of the tribe, you would be fighting a powerful devil, not a giant. Helping the humans fighting each other would probably get a stronger ally, as their forces are probably not depleted. Of course, that would hinge on us managing to get them to work together."

Lexin
2012-11-11, 07:27 PM
"Meh, fighting is something I am good at. Making people work together... not so much.
I would go with you, whatever you choose, but I would still prefer mountains... as much as I prefer fighting giants over fighting humans..."

Tharione
2012-11-11, 07:27 PM
The Bat circles about, listening to the conversation.

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 07:35 PM
"Well, if we go through the mountains, I think we go through the two kingdoms as well, and hopefully we can persuade them to fight the planars together, rather than each other. Might need some trickery to persuade them to do that, though."

So, current plan, at least from my perspective
teleport to mountains.
Climb up mountains, deal with plot hook. go to kingdoms, go deal with hexen.

Zman
2012-11-11, 07:43 PM
"Why ask questions when the answer is known? Wih access to your spellbook that will not prove difficult." Voriel responds with a slight snap.

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 07:48 PM
"Well then, no need to be rude. Would you like to scribe the spell for yourself, or just memorize it from my books? Would you object if I took a look through your books?"

"Boooring! Are you going to do something, or just stand around all day?"

Zman
2012-11-11, 07:51 PM
Voriel laughs, "You can have any spellbook in my possession. I have no need to scribe spells or keep a dusty tome." Voriel opens his hands wide.

Voriel will spend the needed time to learn the spell...

Eidetic Spellcaster

Still have to burn the gold though...

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 07:55 PM
"Really? That is interesting. You must have a phenomenal memory to do that. Any chance you could teach me some of your spells?"

[spoiler]
I know, but ooc and ic were different, in this case.
kind of sucks about the gold, though.
[/spoiler

Zman
2012-11-11, 07:59 PM
"It is possible, though is more complicated then me pouring through your time. Which spell would you desire as compensation?" Voriel will list his spells.

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 08:02 PM
"Out of those, the ones that I would like are Bulls Strength, Bears Endurance, Cats Grace, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom, Eagle's Splendor, knock, and dismissal. Are there any others in my book that you would like?"

Dismissal gets priority, I am not sure why I did not include it originally.

Zman
2012-11-11, 08:43 PM
After perusing her spellbook for a few minutes, "Out of your great election I would like to acquire Nightshield, Swift Fly, Greater Mage Armor, Arcane Sight, Ray Deflection, and Telekinesis.". He pauses for a second, "There are a few more, but I do not wish to be greedy."

Archmage1
2012-11-11, 09:04 PM
"Well, I do believe we have a deal. We should probably rest here, keeping an eye out, before we head to the mountains in the morning, to allow Sael to recover his spells. Speaking of spells, Sael, do you mind if I have a look through your spellbook?"

mucco
2012-11-12, 02:38 PM
You spend the rest of the day and night with Sael. Time passes by without any significant event. In the next morning, you pick up your stuff and start marching toward the Uthangol Mountains. Their snowy peaks can be seen from miles and miles away.

Two days of marching pass uneventfully. The Shaar is a barren land, where all forests have been replaced by the black stone shards you saw by Sael, and all the grass has disappeared. Only strange, grey-purple mosses cover some stones every now and then.

The first green you see in a while comes in the end of the second day, as you set camp in front of a large valley that marks the start of the Uthangol Mountains. You can notice that at a certain altitude, grass and trees start reappearing for a short while, before giving way to the snow. You sleep, and in the next morning the mighty mountain range lies there, ready to be explored.

You see some smoke coming from behind the valley you are in.

Both the first day and the two travel days, there was 8 hours sleep, 8 hours walk, 6 hours do-whatever-you-want for casters/crafters, and two hours of chilling/eating/personal care, for those who care about petty things such as personal hygiene.

Zman
2012-11-12, 03:14 PM
Voriel spends much of the days walking and most of his free time working on his amulet, pouring more and more of his arcane energies into it. He also takes the time to prepare a dimensional anchor from Aranna's spellbook.

Autosuccess on the preparation.
Only like 30 hours to go on it!

Lexin
2012-11-12, 03:25 PM
Morgunn simply walks, rolling his eyes, swearing and grumbling as he needs to wait for others. Yes, some were faster than him, but they were all so lazy! Sleeping half a day, stopping to fix some trinkets... He did miss the company of other dwarves...

Is it a single line of smoke (like from campfire/ chimney) or more like a wall of smoke from burning village/ forest?

Zman
2012-11-12, 03:33 PM
Voriel sees the smoke in the distance....

Smoke... A village? Forest fire? Campfire?

"Look, smoke in the distance." Voriel iterates for the group.

Knowledge Local[roll0]
Knowledge Nature[roll1]
Knowledge Geography[roll2]
To figure out what Voriel knows about this area and the smoke.

mucco
2012-11-12, 03:57 PM
You are very far away, but surely the smoke doesn't come from a large fire. It could be a campfire, some sort of pyre, or a single chimney.

Voriel knows little about the flora of the area, and cannot remember much about the Shaar - the Great Rift, of course, that is one of the largest holes to enter the Underworld. It is not a fertile land, nor a very interesting one.

Archmage1
2012-11-12, 04:11 PM
Arianna and Valena spend the time flying along, looking around, and observing the others. The pair played several games of eye spy, and would occasionally pause to take a look at something interesting, such as an insect, or a tree. Both nights, Arianna used her magic to clean Valena and herself off, and anyone else who asked. She also cleaned off the dwarf, as he was a bit... smelly.
In their munificent spare time, Arianna spends 18 or so hours trying to add dismissal to her spellbook, from Voriel.

When Voriel calls her attention to it, Arianna and Valena both look over at the smoke.
"Ooh. Can we go and look? Please? It will be a lot of fun!"

"Well, it is the only interesting thing we have seen on this trip, so certainly worth a look. Smoke either means people, planars, or lightning, and I don't recall any storms lately."

More knowledge
Arianna: Local[roll0]
history[roll1]
geography: untrained, and I have a 9, so 10 is minimum and max I can get.
Also, Valena: spot[roll2]

Also, modifying my spells memorized a bit.

Archmage1
2012-11-12, 04:58 PM
When the items arrive, Valena swiftly heads over and takes a look at the box. Her eyes immediately focus on the red eyepiece, and she picks it up, and starts flying around the area, and peering at things through the lens. She heads over to Bright Tooth, and giggles at the sight of the small dragon, looking all red. She then flies over to behind Morgunn, and peers at the back of his armor, laughing at his attempts to find out the source of the laughter behind him. When Arianna asks for the monocle back, Valena's only response is puppy dog eyes, which causes Arianna to burst out in laughter. When she gets her breath back, she allows Valena to hold on to the shiny monocle.

Tharione
2012-11-12, 05:09 PM
For two days of marching stray dog spends the traveling hours in the form of a bat.
Occasionally pausing to gaze mournfully at the lack of trees and grass and generally being a very sad bat.

His spirits gradually rise when greenery and high altitudes are in sight.

he begins days with buffs and wildshaping into dire bat.
luminous armor [roll0] strength damage
lesser restoration [roll1] strength healing
extended owls insight
superior magic fang

Without hesitation the bat begins heading for the smoke, casting a spell as it goes. sprouting a pair of arms beneath its wings

Girallons blessing

mucco
2012-11-12, 09:52 PM
Stray dog can see from a distance several houses around what seems to be a campfire. It is miles away, however, so he cannot make out the details.

While climbing and rising to a high altitude, the shapeshifter can also see that to the north, in another direction than the campfire, there seems to be a small stone turret. He is too far to discern any creature from this distance, however.

Archmage1
2012-11-13, 10:43 AM
Arianna and Valena will start heading towards the smoke, expecting the others to follow. They will stop before they would get in sight of the source of the smoke.

mucco
2012-11-13, 04:34 PM
As you and Valena walk up the valley, the air becomes thinner and thinner. After a turn in the path, you start seeing the turret on your right as well, over a really inaccessible peak. The smoke is still to your left at the time.

You keep walking. Eventually, you reach the point where trees do not grow anymore and the only vegetation is composed of grass and lichens. While the way to the smoke keeps going up, you start having a clearer image of the place: it is a sort of plateau, with many huge rocks scattered in the rugged outline of the land. You see the camp in the distance, and you can make out the shapes of some huge humanoids - probably the giants you're looking for.

Archmage1
2012-11-13, 04:40 PM
Arianna waits for the others to follow.

Because attacking a camp of giants without support is rather suicidal. Was actually expecting them to post, and follow along, sadly.

Tharione
2012-11-13, 04:45 PM
A dire bat with arms soars about overhead.

Lexin
2012-11-13, 04:55 PM
Morgunn follows after the flying teammates...
... and yes, he is swearing, cursing and all of that all the time...

When he reaches them, he stops for a while.
"Are we there finally?"

mucco
2012-11-13, 04:56 PM
Morgunn can see the camp and the giants in the distance, like everyone else.

Lexin
2012-11-13, 04:58 PM
Morgunn can see the camp and the giants in the distance, like everyone else.

"Oh. I see. Are we charging now, or is there a reason to wait?" He asks about it seriously... 100% seriously...

Archmage1
2012-11-13, 05:00 PM
"We should probably wait for the others. No sense in them not getting to help, at least."

Tharione
2012-11-13, 05:31 PM
Having heard that giants would likely be hostile the bat takes the opportunity to cast a spell to sheath himself in swirling sands.

extended halo of sand.

Medic!
2012-11-13, 08:26 PM
Belated-tooth

Bright-tooth wriggles into the pile of supplies, fishing about, an pops out a moment later with an anklet on and a small very small gem on his forehead, seemingly replacing one of his silver scales. He arches his back and raises his head proudly when Valena peers at him through her gem. He remains silent throughout the 2 day journey, flapping along about the group part of the time, and riding on Morgunn and Voriel's shoulders occassionally.

When the giant camp is spotted, his mind touches everyone else's. I am eager as anyone else to punish these giants for supporting the wrong side in this conflict. Wisdom dictates that we wait until night time to do so, but if you all insist... When the moment of attack is close at hand, he unleashes a burst of divine energy upon the group, then nuzzles Valena and Arianna, imparting a feeling of good-hope to them.

Buffs:
Bless - +1 morale bonus to attack and saves vs fear for everyone 9 min
Resistance - +1 resistance bonus to saves for Bright-tooth, Valena, and Arianna for 1 minute
Guidance - +1 competance bonus to one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check within the next 1 minute.

I'd give everyone my awful buffs but they would be fading as soon as I finished the last person =\ If anyone really wants one of them, consider it done! Can also give 1 temp hp for 1 min :smallcool: Super-useful!

Granteds, when battle starts:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: And Bright-tooth is in Leading the Charge stance, if anyone feels so-inclined. (+8 dmg)

Archmage1
2012-11-13, 08:42 PM
When Bright-Tooth nuzzles Valena, she smiles, and rubs his head with her hand in thanks. Arianna simply nods her head in appreciation of the buff.

Archmage1
2012-11-13, 09:13 PM
"Shall we go for it, or shall we do a bit of scouting first?"

Zman
2012-11-13, 10:08 PM
"We have the element of surprise, unfortunately we do not have much information.". Voriel stands at the rady, preparing to wrap his spells around himself.

If we go Voriel will cast Shield, then Dragon Skin, then Blurr.

Of course avoriel would be there.

Medic!
2012-11-13, 10:54 PM
Bright-tooth

The psuedodragon leaves his companions to discuss strategy and begins slinking towards the camp through the grass like a snake, determined to get a decent look at their foes, and to be close enough to spring into action should hostilities develop.

Archmage1
2012-11-13, 11:28 PM
"Well, we might as well get moving then. We should try to avoid notice for as long as possible."

"With these fellows? Dream on, Ari. Their clanking would wake the dead."

"Silly, that is a distraction for us, or at least, for you."

"OOOH. That's Clever!"

Before investigating the giants:
"We might try talking before attacking. Might not accomplish anything, but it might accomplish something. And if needed, we can always kill them later."

Arianna and Valena start approaching the giants. Slowly.

Rolls[roll0] Arianna hide
[roll1] Arianna move silently(flight)
Valena(in alternate form)
[roll2] hide
[roll3] move silently
Somehow, I suspect Arianna will failboat sneak.

Tharione
2012-11-14, 12:17 AM
The Bat doesn't try to sneak but does climb to forty feet above the ground and keep pace with the sneaky flier.

mucco
2012-11-14, 12:26 AM
As the mage advances, she finds less and less rocks to hide behind. At a distance of about 150 feet, she is behind a big boulder and is pretty sure she will be spotted if she continues forward. Above her, Stray Dog in giant bat form is flying and he can see clearly the giants now. Two of them start walking in the direction of the boulder.

Two Knowledge (Nature) for Arianna and Stray Dog.

Everyone else, state their position or I will put you together with Arianna.

Archmage1
2012-11-14, 12:30 AM
"Well, this looks to be as close as we are going to get. Time to see how close those giants are going to come. Wait here, everyone. I will cover us with an illusion. They will need to be on top of us to see through it."

Before the giants look over, Arianna casts silent silent image, using it to emulate a continuation of the rock, high and wide enough to conceal the party, but matched with the other rock nearby, so that it seems like it was always there. A small rise allows Valena to peer over the top. Afterwards, she will pull out her pearl of power, and use it to restore her spell to her.

Dc 20, everyone in the party gets a will save at +4 to see through it.

Silent spell courtesy of her rod of silent spell.
Knoweldge nature: 10, untrained(9 int bonus, 1 minimum roll, 10 max result)

Tharione
2012-11-14, 02:10 AM
[roll0] know nature
[roll1] will if the illusion is indeed 40 feet high

the bat waits to see what the giants do.

The bat is also very clearly not a normal bat as its wearing a necklace and a belt with numerous pouches as well as a carrying a rod in its arms (also it has arms)

Zman
2012-11-14, 05:44 AM
Voriel quietly moves up with Arianna, agreeing with her plan to hide them with illusions.
Voriel sees through the illusion and tries to count the giants.

Will[roll0]

Lexin
2012-11-14, 07:34 AM
Morgunn doesn't think much of sneaking around... but he does value the advantage of surprise. He follows others burrowing under the surface of ground, emerging from time to time, near some rocks to check his position.

I am not rolling Hide, as the only part of his body that would be visible over ground is head... and I think there are stones big enough so he could hide behind them.

Medic!
2012-11-14, 02:13 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth continues his slink towards the camp, trying to stay hunkered down in the grass. As he notices his companions preperations, a flame of draconic arrogance ignites within him, and he pushes closer than might be prudent to the giant camp.

Going for within 60ft of the camp. [roll0] (+4 if the area is considered "overgrowth")

Zman
2012-11-14, 02:56 PM
As they are waiting, hidden and out of earshot Voriel quietly continues to weave arcane energies around himself...

Cast Heroics: Power Attack

Forgot about it, thanks for mentioning it to me Mucco.

Nevermind, forgot to prepare it.

Archmage1
2012-11-14, 04:03 PM
Arianna waits for the giants to approach, with Valena keeping an eye out.

mucco
2012-11-14, 05:47 PM
You can clearly see two giants approaching through the illusion. These creatures have black skin, and no hair. Clad in heavy armor, each of them wields a greatsword. They keep calmly walking, and they are at a distance of 90 feet now - only 30 from the pseudodragon, which they seem to not have noticed.

Archmage1
2012-11-14, 05:54 PM
I hope they don't see him. That would be rather... bad.

Arianna continues focusing on the illusion

But... he is fun! So they can't find him. I won't let them.
Valena readies a faerie fire, ready to make one of the giants seem to be covered in red flames if they are about to discover Bright-Tooth.

Tharione
2012-11-14, 06:00 PM
They seem gentle enough, bat continues to hover.

Lexin
2012-11-14, 06:34 PM
Morgunn's head emerges once again.

"Are we waiting for something again?"He asks Arianna, who happened to be nearby. (to specify... he whispers)

Archmage1
2012-11-14, 06:37 PM
Whispered back
"According to Valena, the giants are about 90 feet away, so we should wait for them to get closer, as it means less time for them to react. They could discover the dragon, however, so that may change."

Medic!
2012-11-14, 06:37 PM
Bright-tooth

The tiny dragon deems himself close enough for now and halts his movement. His mind reaches out and touches both giants at once, using the Giant tongue. He attempts to put a devilish feel to his thoughts, hoping that the giants are simple-minded. I am sending humanoids to you. They are to act as your war-leaders. Question them in nothing.

If it's needed (and I hope it isn't, but hey here's to hoping!) [roll0] What's the worst that could happen?

mucco
2012-11-14, 06:42 PM
One of the giants replies telepathically to the pseudodragon. "Very well Master, we await their commands. Where are they?" They stop and start waiting for any humanoids.

Lexin
2012-11-14, 06:45 PM
"They stopped. Do we attack now?" (Whisper)

Archmage1
2012-11-14, 06:47 PM
"Not yet. If we attack, that is final, but I am not sure if they have found the dragon. They don't seem to be readying weapons. If they turn back, we should attack though."

If outside of combat, wait as long as possible to get as much info as possible, provided the enemy does not alert others.

Medic!
2012-11-14, 06:50 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth responds, They approach from the *opposite direction that the party actually approached from*

He sends a message back to Valena, It's a gambit, but I've instructed the giants that a group of humanoids is being sent to act as war leaders for them, hoping they will believe me to be one of the devils they serve. I have given them a false direction of approach for their new Bosses. Observe their reaction carefully before acting!

In case you want it, another [roll0]

For what it's worth, I don't see this ending well!

Zman
2012-11-14, 06:51 PM
Voriel tenses, his weapon at the ready...waiting. He doesn't speak, knowing even a whisper may prove fatal.

Waiting is the worst part....the fighting, the rush, the freedom of battle...

Archmage1
2012-11-14, 07:01 PM
Valena buzzes down, and stands tall on Arianna's shoulder.
"Bright-Tooth says he is trying to convince them to go in the opposite direction, and to persuade them to accept our commands."

"Well...That is... an interesting idea. If they start moving away or if they attack, we will need to make our move. I would have preferred that he gave them our location, so that we didn't need to run over there."

"It was a good plan. Is a good plan."

Valena flies back up to the rock, not deigning to speak further.

mucco
2012-11-14, 09:12 PM
The two giants turn their backs to the group and stand, waiting.

Archmage1
2012-11-14, 09:18 PM
"Ari, it looks like they brought it."

"Well this is going to be awkward. Looks like the giants brought Bright-Tooth's plan. This leaves us in a bit of an awkward position. I am going to try and provide a distraction. We should advance, under my illusion."

I make a prediction: Mucco, you are not going to like this
I am hoping I can concentrate as a swift action, and as a standard action, to maintain 2 silent image spells at once. Fun times.

Arianna casts silent silent image, using it to create a group of demonic looking humanoids fading into sight, as though an invisibility effect had just ended, and has them advance towards the giants. Meanwhile, she moves he original image of the rock towards the giants, while walking inside it.

Hopefully the others follow. I also just sort of wish Arianna had a decent bluff score. Pulling off a "I'm a perfectly normal rock" bluff would be awesome.

Medic!
2012-11-14, 09:20 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth speaks to Valena's mind once more, Well, they appear to have taken the bait he conveys with no small amount of shock. Perhaps they are safe to approach, but urge caution to everyone. Maybe they will believe that a good war-leader never appears where he is expected? the last bit comes across with a mental chuckle.

OOC @ Archmage-ish
Heh go for it...I don't even have ranks in bluff...of course I also might have just set up a hostile ambush against us, who knows?

mucco
2012-11-14, 09:38 PM
You manage to move as close as 60 feet to the giants, without them turning around. They look at the illusion, and one of them makes a peculiar gesture toward it.

Archmage1
2012-11-14, 09:39 PM
Arianna freezes, using her arms to stop the others from moving forwards, and has the rock stand still. The second illusion keeps on advancing.

mucco
2012-11-14, 10:51 PM
The giants stand, waiting. The illusions arrive at around 30 feet from the giants. As soon as that happens, from the camp another giant suddenly appears as he evokes a ball of fire and throws it at the party. The very loud explosion makes the two giants unsheathe their weapons and look at their companion, who screams some words in Giant.

Those who understand Giant
"Illusions, rock and humans! Fight those in the rock!"

Shortly after the fireball lands, both illusions disappear.

Everyone
Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqQvX9p8QbyJdFc5dGxSbUNlMjVqRFpIbUprX25Ya nc)

25 Bright-Tooth <- UP NOW
24 Voriel <- UP NOW (17 fire damage)
22 Arianna <- UP NOW (14 fire damage)
21 Morgunn <- UP NOW (34 fire damage)
18 Giants
12 Stray Dog (17 fire damage)

The giant cast Fireball as a SLA.

Voriel: Ref save [roll0] against Fireball. success
Morgunn: Ref save [roll1] against Fireball. fail
Arianna: Ref save [roll2] against Fireball. fail
Stray Dog: Ref save [roll3] against Fireball. success

Arianna: Concentration check [roll4] to maintain concentration on Silent Image (rock) success
Arianna: Concentration check [roll5] to maintain concentration on Silent Image (creature) success

Archmage1
2012-11-14, 11:13 PM
I hate fireballs. Really. I do.

Arianna and Valena fly up 30 feet, before Valena turns to the giant in the north, casting faerie fire on it, and Arianna casts Glitterdust, coating the two giants in a blinding spray of glitter(dc 23 will or blind)

Zman
2012-11-14, 11:15 PM
Voriel tries to gauge the Giants before acting...

knowledge Nature[roll0]
Are they fire Giants?

mucco
2012-11-14, 11:53 PM
Arianna's spell works as one of the two giants is rendered blind.

Everyone
Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqQvX9p8QbyJdFc5dGxSbUNlMjVqRFpIbUprX25Ya nc)

22 Arianna
21 Morgunn <- UP NOW (34 fire damage)
18 Giants

The giant cast Fireball as a SLA.

Voriel: Ref save [roll0] against Fireball. success
Morgunn: Ref save [roll1] against Fireball. fail
Arianna: Ref save [roll2] against Fireball. fail
Stray Dog: Ref save [roll3] against Fireball. success

Arianna: Concentration check [roll4] to maintain concentration on Silent Image (rock) success
Arianna: Concentration check [roll5] to maintain concentration on Silent Image (creature) success[/QUOTE]

Medic!
2012-11-15, 06:02 AM
Bright-tooth

When the giants draw weapons, Bright-tooth leaps into action. He takes to the wing, flying straight at the closest giant. Platinum energy zips across his body into his tail as he jabs at the giant. When the blow is struck, Bright-tooth is already flying straight on towards the new-comer.

Set Bright-tooth's dodge target to the closest giant and fly-by Diving Surge him, then fly directly towards the far giant at the top of the map as far as he can get on a total of 60 fly speed at giant-head-level.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Giant makes a DC 28 fortitude save or sleeps for 1 min (secondary damage sleep 1d3 hours)

AC and saves +4 if the giants are evil (protection from evil)
AC +1 vs the bottom giant (dodge)
AC +4 vs AoO for movement (Mobility)

Next Granted: [roll3]

Lexin
2012-11-15, 06:10 AM
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
...is 19 enough to pass?
... I assume he was fully emerged over ground level for some reason as he got 100% damage...

Margunn, now certain that he can charge, attacks the Giants...

He waits just for a second to see if he gets haste again...

+ Enter Rage
+ 2 hp fast healing
+ 22 max hp/ current
+4 Str/ Con -2 Flat-footed AC +2 will saves
+4 AC (Dodge vs giants)
-11 AC - Charge + Headless Charge
Wall of Blades Maneuver vs first attack against him [roll0] +1 if hasted

Charge Y 32
Headless charge (-9 AC/ +18 dmg - pike)
Power Attack (-9 / +18 dmg)

Warpike
Attack [roll1] +1 if hasted
Damage [roll2] +8 damage on a charge from Mr. Utility-dragon

Only if Hasted
Attack [roll3] +1 if hasted
Damage [roll4] +8 damage on a charge from Mr. Utility-dragon

Attack [roll5] +1 if hasted
Damage [roll6] +8 damage on a charge from Mr. Utility-dragon

Gore
Attack [roll7] +1 if hasted
Damage [roll8] +8 damage on a charge from Mr. Utility-dragon

mucco
2012-11-15, 06:31 AM
As the pseudodragon dives for an attack, the giant tries to defend itself by tipping the crusader's balance; however, Bright-tooth moves so quickly that the giant doesn't manage to even touch the enemy. Bright-tooth sinks its tail into the enemy, hurting him; the giant feels woozy, but manages to retain his balance and awareness.

Morgunn throws himself against the now blind giant. The fury of the steel-covered dwarf is astounding, as he slashes three times his enemy with his warpike. The giant, despite its huge mass, suddenly finds himself with most of its vital organs irreversibly sliced, and collapses dead.

Everyone

25 Bright-Tooth
22 Arianna
21 Morgunn
18 Giants

That was some serious damage.

Zman
2012-11-15, 08:52 AM
<Elven>"Bastard Gods, Fire Giants!"

Voriel charges the nearest Fire Giant, whipping his blade at the brute...

Basic Charge Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Critical Attack[roll2]
Critical Damage[roll3]

Yay Critical, 39 Damage!

mucco
2012-11-15, 03:05 PM
Voriel pounces on the giant, and severs an artery on his leg.

The giant in melee is very worried. It concentrates, and a great wave of fire springs forth from his body, surrounding the three fighters. Shortly after that, the giant far away blasts another fireball centered on his companion.

Everyone

25 Bright-Tooth <- UP NOW (35 fire damage)
24 Voriel <- UP NOW (45 fire damage)
22 Arianna <- UP NOW
21 Morgunn <- UP NOW (75 fire damage)
18 Giants
12 Stray Dog <- UP NOW

Bright-tooth: Ref save [roll0] against Greater Fireburst. success
Bright-tooth: Ref save [roll1] against Fireball. success
Voriel: Ref save [roll2] against Greater Fireburst. success
Voriel: Ref save [roll3] against Fireball. success
Morgunn: Ref save [roll4] against Greater Fireburst. fail
Morgunn: Ref save [roll5] against Fireball. success

Zman
2012-11-15, 03:16 PM
Voriel almost basks in the warmth but his innate resistance is quickly overcome.

Summoning his arcane powers he bolsters he sends power into his blade and attempts to drive it into his enemy...

Drop Fireball for Arcane Strike

Attack[roll0]24
Damage[roll1]
Arcane Strike[roll2]
If Magebane+2 to Hit and + Damage[roll3]

If Magebane(Last Turn)Damage[roll4]
Also, another +2 for the Crit last round.

Attack[roll5]25
Damage[roll6]
Arcane Strike[roll7]
If Magebane+2 to Hit and + Damage[roll8]

That kind of sucked.... Hope he has a SLA

Edit: Ok my magebane triggers.

Tharione
2012-11-15, 03:19 PM
The stray bat Screeches!
It flies forty feet toward the far giant, casting a spell and growing incredibly more feral looking

cast Bite of the werebear.
begin shifting

Lexin
2012-11-15, 03:27 PM
Morgunn ignores the fire attacks and uses momentum of his previous charge to hit enemy even harder.

PA (-9/+27)
Warpike

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Gore

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5] + [roll6]

Archmage1
2012-11-15, 03:29 PM
Arianna and Valena fly over to Morgunn, where Arianna casts resist energy(fire) on him. Valena fires a shot from her crossbow at the giant

[roll0] damage[roll1]+1 force
Her shot ignores NA, armor, and shield bonus

mucco
2012-11-15, 03:34 PM
The combined effort of elf and dwarf kills another giant in a very swift and brutal way.

Valena's crossbow lands on the unprotected body of the giant, producing a tiny wound.

Everyone

24 Voriel
22 Arianna
21 Morgunn (75 fire damage)
18 Giants
12 Stray Dog

Medic!
2012-11-15, 09:13 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth makes a slight adjustment in his course, flying due north in preperation for an attack on the remaining giant.

Nothin' fancy, just a double move north (120ft)...nobody in range for WRT, and not within attack range of the giant.

mucco
2012-11-15, 09:50 PM
The lone giant remaining sounds a great horn before he picks up his sword and wades into battle, slashing at the pseudodragon and opening a wound in the arm of the enemy.

Everyone

25 Bright-Tooth <- UP NOW (22 damage after DR)
24 Voriel <- UP NOW
22 Arianna <- UP NOW
21 Morgunn <- UP NOW (75 fire damage)
18 Giant
12 Stray Dog <- UP NOW

Archmage1
2012-11-15, 09:53 PM
Arianna and Valena double move to K9(120 max distance)

Tharione
2012-11-15, 10:01 PM
The bat Screeches as it dives toward the giant. Tearing at it with claws

cast lions charge (swift)
dive attack so -2 to ac from charging for a round

power attack 4
[roll0] claw 1
[roll1] damage

[roll2] claw 2
[roll3] damage

[roll4] claw 3
[roll5] damage

[roll6] claw 4
[roll7] damage

if two claws hit:
[roll8] rend

Zman
2012-11-15, 10:40 PM
Voriel moves blindingly fast towards the remaining Fire Giant...

Swift: Expeditious Retreat
Double Move 120' towards Giant

mucco
2012-11-15, 11:20 PM
Stray Bat dives on the giant like an eagle hunts its prey. All four of its claws grasp the hide of the giant, and tear it away together with ribs, muscle, and internal organs. When the animal touches the ground, the giant's chest is horribly mutilated. Needless to say, the foe did not survive the mighty assault.

The giant camp, comprising seven very large tents, seems to be empty now.

End combat.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still getting the hang of your characters and all their tricks :smallsmile: Tharione, where is the 28 Wis coming from?

Archmage1
2012-11-15, 11:30 PM
"7 Tents, 3 giants. I think we are missing a few of them. Anyone find anything interesting on them? There might be a hint as to where the others are."

"I new I could kill them. The bigger they are, the harder they fall! Now, did they have anything interesting?"

Arianna searches the dead giants for anything of interest.
[roll0] search
Valena tries to assist[roll1]

Zman
2012-11-15, 11:33 PM
Seeing the 3rd Giant ripped to shreds in seconds, Voriel searches the dead and any are of note.

Search[roll0]

Tharione
2012-11-15, 11:39 PM
The bat, still filled with magical and racial adrenaline, does a quick aerial sweep of the camp. He listens for anything interesting before flying off at absurd speed toward the turret seen before.

ascends back to forty feet then goes forth at a flying run.

mucco
2012-11-15, 11:40 PM
You search the seven tents and find several things of note.

Treasure! You have been lucky :smallamused:
- 3900 gp
- three ceremonial electrum daggers with star ruby pommel (3x600 gp)
- eyepatch with mock eye of sapphire and moonstone (1400)
- a magical container for holding burning coals
- a flask with a magical, pale amber colored substance
- a sturdy magical staff made of dark wood

Medic!
2012-11-15, 11:43 PM
Bright-tooth

The dragon (saying tiny is so undignified) flaps for all he's worth trying to keep up with the monstrous bat. He stays 5 feet below the bat's altitude, trying to keep in its shadow.

60ft fly speed, keeping up if possible to fly along in the bat's shadow

Archmage1
2012-11-15, 11:44 PM
"OOh. Shiney!"

Valena spends several minutes peering at the items through her monocle, getting a very good look at them

detect magic+15 ranks in arcana(she uses masters ranks)+monocle)

mucco
2012-11-15, 11:48 PM
While the earth-bound party members stand at the camp to gather and analyze the loot, the two flyers dash off to the turret. At their remarkable speed, it will only take two or three minutes to reach it.

Bright-tooth only barely needs to run himself to keep up with Stray Bat's speed.

Valena identifies the three magical items as:
- Sovereign glue (2900)
- Staff of Size alteration (29000) (no it does not have shrink item)
- Brazier of commanding fire elementals (100.000, yes, a 100k item. Thank my automated treasure generating program)

Archmage1
2012-11-15, 11:55 PM
"Well, some Sticky Glue, a staff that changes the size of other things, and a thingamabobber that lets you command fire elementals."

"Thank you, Valena, for that straightforward description."

"Just because it took you two weeks to figure it out dosen't mean it was a bad identification!"

Not speaking further, Arianna sticks the items into her pack, along with the rest of the loot.

Archmage1
2012-11-16, 04:38 PM
"Well, seeing as the only other interesting thing here is that tower, I am going to go there as well. I suggest that you either follow, or look for the remaining giants."

Arianna and Valena head for the tower(60 ft fly)

As they are flying along, Valena digs into Arianna's pack, and pulls out the brazier, and uses it as a foot warmer.

Lexin
2012-11-16, 04:42 PM
*follows to the tower*

Wow, a nice pile of cash... anyone got a pocket shop?

Zman
2012-11-16, 05:11 PM
Voriel heads towards the tower.

mucco
2012-11-16, 09:15 PM
The whole party starts going toward the tower at various speeds. In particular, Bright-tooth and Stray Bat cover in three minutes what will be a 50 minute walk for Voriel and Morgunn.

When the two winged adventurers reach the tower, they can see that it is about 30 feet wide, and 60 feet tall. No windows anywhere, and a very large entrance, suited for a giant. The door seems to be open, but it is very dark inside - also, it is a very bright day so even mildly dark areas look completely black in high mountains. On the top of the tower, you don't see any creature.

Archmage1
2012-11-16, 09:55 PM
Arianna and Valena continue heading towards the tower, Valena sitting on Arianna's shoulder, using the brazier as a foot-warmer.

Tharione
2012-11-16, 09:59 PM
The bat listens for anything within the tower.

mucco
2012-11-17, 12:24 AM
Complete silence coming from the tower.

Medic!
2012-11-17, 04:55 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth's aura blinks off, shutting off the light he emits, as he slinks into the open door of the tower. His senses adjust to the pitch black in a heartbeat. I'll just check inside quickly while the others catch up, good bat. Back in a shake!

Darkvision, Blindsense, 60ft each, and Protective Aura is off for the moment since it sheds 20ft of bright light

Tharione
2012-11-17, 11:34 PM
Its blindsight detecting nothing from within, the bat scratches behind its ear with a claw.

mucco
2012-11-18, 06:46 PM
As Bright-tooth flies down to enter the tower, Stray Bat moves closer as well, to get the entire tower within its range. Both creatures, through their special senses, can perceive several creatures in the tower.

Blindsight and Blindsense ping when you get closer.

Medic!
2012-11-18, 07:01 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth zips back out to the open air, joining Stray Bat in a holding pattern awaiting the arrival of the others. He lights up like a becon as his aura re-kindles itself. Definately not an empty tower...perhaps our missing giants are inside?

Tharione
2012-11-18, 08:27 PM
Stray bat nods in reply.

Zman
2012-11-18, 09:02 PM
Arriving at the tower, "Well, let's bring them out then."

mucco
2012-11-19, 12:53 AM
Only a few seconds pass, after Bright-tooth pulls himself back form the tower. Two fiends appear right next to the two flyers, ready for battle.

Initiative and notes
One Hamatula each in melee with you guys.

What's your maneuverability? Can you hover?

27 Stray Dog <- UP NOW
22 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW
19 Hamatulas
17 Arianna

Medic!
2012-11-19, 01:05 AM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth's tail takes on a sheen of light and whips out at the closest vile thorn-bush made flesh before he tries to flap up above their reach.

Bright-tooth's got good maneuverability...I don't think that allows a hover?

Standard action to initiate Divine Surge, and set the Hamatula I'm attacking as my dodge target (so 38 AC vs that one, 37 vs the other) then fly if possible, up up up! (and +4 AC vs any AoO provoked)
Side note, Bright-tooth's tail stinger is good for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction, nearest I can tell.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

EDIT: Obviously, the dice got jokes today...

Next granted
[roll4]

mucco
2012-11-19, 01:11 AM
Your attack is very imprecise, due to the shock of being under attack again. Your enemy can't hit you either as you fly up from him.

Initiative and notes
I assume everyone is flying - the devils certainly are.

You can hover with good maneuverability.

27 Stray Dog <- UP NOW
22 Bright-tooth
19 Hamatulas
17 Arianna

Tharione
2012-11-19, 01:14 AM
The Bat squeaks in alarm! Its skin hardens reflexively and it launches blasts of splinters at the offending creature.

free action barkskin CL 5
[roll0] cast defensively (can't fail)
Consecrated Splinterbolt, (its good aligned and half the damage is holy damage)
[roll1]
[roll2] damage
[roll3]
[roll4] damage
[roll5]
[roll6] damage

mucco
2012-11-19, 03:33 AM
Stray Dog's spell mildly harms the devil: two splinters merely scratch the toughest parts of the devil's hide.

The devil who was near Bright-tooth moves to flank the druid, and violently thrusts its claws into his head. The other devil tries to do the same thing, striking true at the second attempt.

Initiative and notes

27 Stray Dog <- UP NOW (45 nonlethal damage)
19 Hamatulas
17 Arianna <- UP NOW (3360 feet distance)

Archmage1
2012-11-19, 03:35 AM
Arianna attempts to teleport herself to the battle, Valena along for the ride.
[roll0]

Medic!
2012-11-19, 01:46 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth zips into a swoop back towards the Stray Bat, lashing out with his tail at one of the devils around him while he channels divine healing powers at his comrade.

Swift action to change to Martial Spirit. Another fly-by attack, in to initiate Revitalizing Strike on the Hamatula Bright-tooth was already fighting, then back up as far as his movement will carry him. The attacked devil is still his dodge target. If possible he will attempt to provoke an AoO from each devil via movement (go go mobility!)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] (including Martial Spirit)

And last maneuver is granted next round.

mucco
2012-11-19, 02:27 PM
Arianna cannot keep control well of the spell, but she still manages to land in an area that is reasonably close.

Bright-tooth's tail lands on the neck of the enemy, zapping him. Stray Dog feels a little better.

Initiative and notes

27 Stray Dog <- UP NOW (29 nonlethal damage)
22 Bright-tooth
19 Hamatulas
17 Arianna (300 feet distance)

Zman
2012-11-19, 02:30 PM
Seeing the others caught in battle Voriel has little choice, but to expend one of his more powerful spells to join in the battle... Grabbing Morgunn's shoulder they disappear...

Teleport [roll0]

Hope being insight of it counts as viewed casually.

mucco
2012-11-19, 02:36 PM
Voriel and Morgunn teleport in without a problem. As they land on the small road going to the tower, they see the fight raging in the air, roughly 60 feet above them.

Initiative and notes

27 Stray Dog <- UP NOW (29 nonlethal damage)
22 Bright-tooth
19 Hamatulas
17 Arianna (300 feet distance)
16 Voriel
14 Morgunn

Tharione
2012-11-19, 02:45 PM
Reinforcements arriving, the stray bats wounds seal mildly. it squeaks a spell.

[roll0] defensive casting n all that.
cast align fang, aligning natural weapons to good.

mucco
2012-11-19, 03:08 PM
The two Hamatulas keep attacking the bat. Between all the defenses of the animal, however, only one claw out of four manages to reach some soft flesh and tear small parts of it out.

As soon as the two fighters teleport in the fight, another hamatula pops out, carrying two enormous giants who appear right next to the new combatants. They immediately start smashing them, starting with their weapons which fall to the ground - and following with their heads. However, they put all their efforts in the first attack so their clubs and kicks are not as strong as they could do.

Initiative and map
Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqQvX9p8QbyJdG9EVXVtVWhmV0pZYzZpNmpXYV84c lE)

Knowledge (nature) for the new giants.

Arianna is on the map at H70.

27 Stray Dog <- UP NOW (17 nonlethal damage)
19 Enemies
17 Arianna <- UP NOW
16 Voriel <- UP NOW (disarmed, 32 damage)
14 Morgunn <- UP NOW (disarmed, 30 damage)

Archmage1
2012-11-19, 03:09 PM
Arianna continues heading towards the fight, reaching H46

Tharione
2012-11-19, 03:20 PM
The bat, seeing more enemies arrive decides to pull out more stops. Its skin hardens further and It casts a spell causing its fur to grow orange and striped and its teeth to become long and vicious.

begin shifting (free)
Cast bite of the were tiger
[roll0] cant fail concentration

Lexin
2012-11-19, 03:24 PM
Umm, just so you know Morgunn has +16 bonus vs disarm.
Also did you include DR /+4 AC vs giants/ remembered that he is immune to critical hits?
Didn't we get AoO for these guys coming into range?

"You frikkin, pointy ear beggar, what the hell do you think you are doing?!? Have you...!" Shouts Morgunn as they land, there, but focuses on the giants instead, when they are attacked.

I Assume that picking up the weapon is a move action.

Swift - Heartstrike
Standard action- attack with Warpike (at H)
PA (-9/ +20)
Attack (touch) [roll0]
Damage [roll1] (ignore DR)

mucco
2012-11-19, 04:33 PM
As the dwarf picks up his weapon, the two giants take the opportunity to strike at him. Both smashes connect with Morgunn's head. The dwarf then retaliates and harms one of the giants with his pike.

Initiative and map
Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqQvX9p8QbyJdG9EVXVtVWhmV0pZYzZpNmpXYV84c lE)

Knowledge (nature) for the new giants.

Arianna is on the map at H70.

27 Stray Dog (17 nonlethal damage)
19 Enemies
17 Arianna
14 Morgunn (72 damage)

Medic!
2012-11-19, 05:58 PM
Under-Dog...er...Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth sees the changes to the battlefield and notices his new-come allies' plight. He dashes to provide what assistance he can, aiming his stinger for one of the giants' hands, hoping to distract it long enough for the warriors to recover.

Fly to K14, descending far enough to be within reach of the giant, setting him as the dodge target, then initiate Douse the Flames, followed by a Swift action initiation of WRT on Morgunn, giving him another turn and making his init 21.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] (If the Giant is Evil and not an outsider or undead)
Assuming Bright-tooth hits:
Morgunn heals 2 hp from Martial Spirit (yeah dawg) and the giant makes a DC 28 fort save vs sleep 1 min with sleep 1d3 hrs secondary damage. The giant also cannot make AoOs for 1 round.

Everyone in 20ft of Bright-tooth enjoys a +4 deflection bonus to AC vs Evil things, and a +4 bonus to saves vs evil things or thingers. The Hamatula is unable to enter that area unless his SR is greater than or equal to [roll3]
AND granteds
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

mucco
2012-11-19, 06:07 PM
The dragon pokes the giant in the eye, making a single bloodied tear run through its face. The giant screams for the pain, but the annoyance is enough to keep him awake despite the venom.

Initiative and map

The outsiders here are indeed not summoned - they were just plane shifted on the Prime Material.

22 Bright-tooth
21 Morgunn <- UP NOW (72 damage)
19 Enemies
17 Arianna

Lexin
2012-11-19, 06:25 PM
Morgunn seeing that the giant is distracted, because some kind of flying lizard got in his eye, decides to use it and attack the giant...

Full attack

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5] + [roll6]

mucco
2012-11-19, 06:45 PM
The dwarf hits the giant in the guts and manages to push him a bit away.

Initiative and map

The outsiders here are indeed not summoned - they were just plane shifted on the Prime Material.

22 Bright-tooth
21 Morgunn
19 Enemies
17 Arianna

Zman
2012-11-19, 09:53 PM
Voriel, angered by the arrival of the Giants picks up his weapon and let's out a burst of arcane fire...

Pick up weapon.
Sacred Scabbard
Cast Defensively Greater Fireburst(Autosiccess)
Fire Damage[roll0]
SR if Applicable[roll1]

After releasing the burst of afire Voriel quickly unleashes a full assault on his nearest Foe...

Making up my list round
Swift: Wraithstrike
Arcane Steike: Dismissal

Full Attack
Attack[roll2]
Damage[roll3]
Arcane Strike[roll4]
Spell Stored Scorching Ray[roll5] Fire

Attack[roll6]
Damage[roll7]
Arcane Strike[roll8]

Let me know if I need to roll Magebane

Medic!
2012-11-19, 10:15 PM
Bright-tAoOth

Bright-tooth takes another shot at the giant, tail flicking out lightning fast.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
And another DC 28 fort save vs sleep, and another 2 hp healed for Morgunn from Martial Spirit

mucco
2012-11-19, 11:13 PM
Voriel quickly picks up his weapon while the giants are busy hammering the dwarf, then he concentrates and explodes a burst of fire all around him. Dwarf and giants are seared by the heat.

Bright-tooth strikes the giant again, and this time the giant faints to the ground sleeping. The devil nearby immediately shakes him and rouses him. The giant understands that he has to stop the dwarf. He drops his ginormous club and attempts to wrestle the pike out of the dwarf's control. Despite Morgunn's huge effort, the sheer size of the giant is too much for him: the giant grabs the dwarven warpike. Seen as the dwarf is unarmed, now, he stands up.

The other giant smashes Voriel! Or at least he tries to - the elf manages to dodge every single attack.

Stray Bat is becoming harder and harder to hit with claws - so the devils change tactics. They simply throw themselves at the bat, hugging him with their needles. The bat has no escape from this deadly hug, and feels all the devils' needles penetrate his flesh, internal organs, and mouth.

Initiative and map

27 Stray Dog <- UP NOW (117 new nonlethal damage, grappled and pinned - mouth covered)
21 Morgunn <- UP NOW (73 fire damage, unarmed)
19 Enemies
17 Arianna <- UP NOW
16 Voriel <- UP NOW

Going to take a guess at your DC for Greater Fireburst: 23?
Morgunn's Reflex save vs Greater Fireburst: [roll0]

Tharione
2012-11-19, 11:19 PM
being immune to non lethal damage at the moment...

The stray bat attempts to break the pin and then the grapple

[roll0]
[roll1]

if he succeeds, end up just north of them both.

Archmage1
2012-11-19, 11:27 PM
Arianna casts glitterdust, targeting the upper corner left of M18, so that it hits the Hamatula, and both giants, while barely missing her allies. Arianna and Valena then both move forward by 60 feet, ending up at H34, before Valena casts Faerie fire, highlighting the Hamatula

hamatula SR check[roll0]
dc 23 will for glitterdust.

mucco
2012-11-19, 11:37 PM
Stray Bat does not manage to escape the grapple, and no enemy is affected by the Glitterdust.

Initiative and map

27 Stray Dog (grappled and pinned - mouth covered)
19 Enemies
17 Arianna
16 Voriel <- UP NOW

What can I say, I'm rolling 1d8+12 instead of 1d20 this combat. Specifically, the giants got a 16 and a 18 on their will saves.

Zman
2012-11-19, 11:48 PM
See previous posted action. Didn't seem neccessary to reroll. Target the most wounded Giant.

Medic!
2012-11-19, 11:51 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth rejoices as the giant drops to the ground, and despairs for the briefest of moments when its companion awakens it. Resolve burns through his tiny body and he flits off to try and save his comrades a beating. He plunges into the far giant tail-first, then pushes off with paws towards the other. Amidst his couragoes if nearly futile-seeming assault, he telepathically encourages Voriel, giving him a burst of vigor.

Move to N16 and Divine Surge the Giant on the right, then move back to M15. Change dodge targets to the giant on the right. Swift action to WRT Voriel. For movement provoked AoOs: 42 AC vs the giant on the right, 41 AC vs the one on the left. For all other purposes, 4 less.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Heal 2hp for Voriel if the attack hits (woot, amirite?)
[roll4]
And, with fingers crossed, a DC 28 fort save from the giant.

mucco
2012-11-20, 12:00 AM
Voriel steps to the giant which was holding the dwarf's weapon, and unleashes on him two terrific blows. The first slash cuts into the enemy's flesh, and the second one strikes directly at its heart. The giant drops unconscious.

Bright-tooth's tail pierces into the flesh of the other giant, who is bleeding copiously now.

Initiative and map

27 Stray Dog (grappled and pinned - mouth covered)
22 Bright-tooth
19 Enemies
17 Arianna
16 Voriel

Got him to -8 Voriel, good job.

Lexin
2012-11-20, 06:10 AM
Morgunn simply turns around and smacks the giant.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + [roll2]

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4] + [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7] + [roll8]

mucco
2012-11-20, 05:41 PM
Morgunn punches and smacks the giant repeatedly, causing one large bruise in its belly. The giant responds by clubbing the dwarf on the head twice, for massive damage.

The hamatula, worried by the loss of the first giant, circles around the dwarf and puts himself in position to flank both melee. He then tries to attack Voriel, without much success. The other two devils, still holding Stray Bat still, summon two clouds of evil, greasy darkness that hurt the party before disappearing.

Initiative and map

27 Stray Dog <- UP NOW (grappled and pinned - mouth covered)
22 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW (24 damage)
21 Morgunn <- UP NOW (63 damage, unarmed, sickened)
19 Enemies
17 Arianna <- UP NOW
16 Voriel <- UP NOW (24 damage)

Morgunn: the sickened condition imposes a -2 on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves, and checks.

Bright-tooth's Will save against Unholy Blight: [roll0] success
Bright-tooth's Will save against Unholy Blight: [roll1] success
Voriel's Will save against Unholy Blight: [roll2] success
Voriel's Will save against Unholy Blight: [roll3] success
Morgunn's Will save against Unholy Blight: [roll4] +2, success
Morgunn's Will save against Unholy Blight: [roll5] fail

Archmage1
2012-11-20, 06:13 PM
Seeing Voriel taking some pretty solid hits, and barely standing, and Morgunn going down, Arianna tries to shield them behind a wall of stone. Arianna takes herself and Valena to H21, where Valena Summons a Large Fire elemental on the roof above Morgunn(Well, for next round)

Casting Wall of stone, creating a rectangle around Voriel and Morgunn(8 5 foot sections), and doubling the thickness of the roof, and the walls facing the Giant.)
(so 3 inches thick on most, 6 inches on those sections.
(3 in has 45 hp, and 8 hardness, 6 has 90 and 8 hardness. Most attacks do less damage to objects as well)

Tharione
2012-11-20, 06:30 PM
The Stray Bat squints its form changes to a bulkier frame, wings become replaced with powerfully muscled legs ending in dire looking claws.

Wild shape into a dire lion.

let see if they can hold 3500 pounds of lion in the air.

Medic!
2012-11-20, 06:59 PM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth's stomache turns after inhaling the noxious greasy fumes, but he manages to keep himself focused and determined. He flies to the aid of Morgunn, who has suffered the greater brunt of their foes' attacks.

Dodge target stays on the giant, fly in, Revitalizing Strike healing Morgunn (hopefully) and then fly straight up 40ft. (42 AC vs the AoO for moving)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] (including 2 from martial spirit)
Next round grants my last readied.

Zman
2012-11-20, 07:45 PM
As the walls spring up around Voriel and he is hidden from sight, he gestures to Morgunn to grab his weapon and Voriel's hand before they vanish, arriving next to Arianna.

"Take my hand."

Wait for Morgunn to pick up his weapon, the Dimension Door us next to Arianna(~E34), about 120' away from the Giant.

If Morgunn doesn't want to go, he can stay.

With any luck, they won't know we've gone.

Lexin
2012-11-21, 06:07 AM
Morgunn grabs his weapon, swears and grabs Voriel's hand...

Archmage1
2012-11-21, 11:24 AM
"You mean I went to all that effort, and you guys just leave my fine fortress? Hope they don't figure it out"

Valena: Speaking the words of summoning(I would have put a quote from Sacrifice here, but I couldn't find it)

mucco
2012-11-22, 01:16 AM
Stray Lion falls to the ground as the devils cannot hold his weight. Therefore, the three fiends disappear, leaving the giant alone. The giant, who looks surprised by the actions of its allies, tries to get to Voriel.

Initiative and map

27 Stray Dog <- UP NOW
22 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW (24 damage)
21 Morgunn <- UP NOW (sickened)
19 Enemies
17 Arianna <- UP NOW
16 Voriel <- UP NOW

Tharione
2012-11-22, 01:23 AM
Stray Cat roars with Bestial Vigor! It high tails it. Rushing 80' toward the rest of the group.

Medic!
2012-11-22, 01:26 AM
Bright-tooth

Bright-tooth takes off like a rocket through the air, a giant-seeking missle locked onto the remaining giant. A screech breaks through the air like tearing metal as the tiny dragon streaks across the sky.

Swift action to change to Leading the Charge, and well...charge! at the remaining giant, setting him as the Dodge target.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
DC 28 fort save vs. nighty-night time
Granteds:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

mucco
2012-11-22, 01:28 AM
The giant, surprised by the sting of the draconic bumblebee, feels woozy and falls to the ground with a loud thump.

End combat, I suppose.

Medic!
2012-11-22, 01:32 AM
Bright-tooth

The psuedodragon alights atop the felled giant, and begins licking his fore-paws like a preening cat. Hail to the King he broadcasts for any who care to hear the message inside his/her head.

For whatever reason, the tiny dragon looks as proud as if he'd defeated the entire attack single-clawedly.

Archmage1
2012-11-22, 01:41 AM
"Well, that was... surprisingly fast. Voriel, you look rather battered. I am afraid I have no healing to offer, sadly. Valena, you don't need to summon the elemental anymore."

"Aww, but I was cold."

"Well, I suppose you will warm up a bit doing some work. Help me search these bodies. Does anyone want to finish off the sleepers?"

"Surely, you don't expect me to work!"
As Valena talks, she turns Puppy dog eyes on Arianna, trying to be very charming. Arianna ignores the attempt, although a crack of a smile appears, despite her attempts to suppress it.

[roll0] Search.
[roll1] aid another

Tharione
2012-11-22, 02:01 AM
The Dire lion moves to sit on the sleeping giant. Licking its paw as it slowly begins looking more like a lion and less like a bone plated dire lion tiger.

mucco
2012-11-22, 04:20 AM
You do not find anything interesting on the bodies of the giants.

As the other party members note that their senses do not detect any more creatures in the tower, you explore it. This "turret" is apparently simply the home of two giants, who were probably higher rank than the giants who were sleeping in the camp. There is also a table with a huge parchment containing equally huge writings in Infernal. This is what the parchment reads:

Most dear Chief Urg-Lkuk,
1. With this contract, we agree that you, and your tribe, will be serving our Commander Laxtaer from now on, until the end of the conflict. We also agree that after six months from now on, you will allow us the great privilege of transporting the Key of the World to our Commander's location - which will be communicated to you by your new servants (to be discussed in the next paragraph). You are welcome to accompany the voyage, if you feel it would result in greater safety for the Key.

2. You will receive the loyal service of three of our most trusty Barbed Devils as long as you please, even after the end of your service with us. The Hamatulas will be loyal to their death, should such a disgraceful event happen. You may ask your newly acquired servants to perform for you any task you might think of - and they will pose no objection. We trust that you will not destroy their self-confidence and strength of spirit excessively, in the common interests of having them perform their services more efficiently.

3. After your departure from the mortal world, which we all hope to be as far away in time as possible, you will be enlisted in the ranks of the Baatezu. You will also be granted full and total power and control over the souls of all giants of your tribe. This will not preclude any kind or form of advancement in the our ranks, should you choose to pursue a career.

We confide that you will find our conditions agreeable.

Wishing the most sincere friendship for the years and millennia to come,
Vice Commander Saal-Terim

The parchment ends with exotic-looking patterns made out of fine lines of ink on the parchment. Those who know Infernal have no difficulty identifying more tiny words written amidst the patterns, inked in a way that makes it almost challenging even for you to read them without squinting your eyes. These words say:

Post Scriptum
The phrase "from now on" is to be understood considering the possibilities of an afterlife; moreover, the Commander reserves the right to decide when the "conflict" is effectively over.
The Hamatulas are to be considered trusty; they are, in fact, entirely trusty to the Commander. Any action you might ask of them that conflicts with the Commander's benefits will be ignored.
It is required that you perform the willing act of requesting the services of a soul for us to give it to you; additionally, we give no guarantees regarding the exact body of devil you will be granted upon death - it might be a weak, small, or even mindless creature. We must reassure you that such a possibility is slim.

In the room, you find and open a huge chest. It holds a very strange item: a huge brass key. It is two feet long and is extremely heavy - probably 60 to 65 pounds. It is one of the most finely detailed and intricate things you have ever seen: the thin metal layers that twist around themselves to form the key are astonishingly... beautiful, in a sense. It is a masterwork of craftmanship.