PDA

View Full Version : Qwyndolin the Oradin: Pathfinder Society Adventure Log

Snowbluff
2012-11-08, 05:54 PM
Also Known As
Level 1 paladins suck

Forward
Hi. It's me. Snowbluff. I joined a PFS campaign, my first one, and I will be using the Tiefling (maybe) paladlin. His namesake is everyone's favorite hermaphrodite, Qwyndolin the Dark Sun from Dark Souls. Ironically, my character is the polar opposite (Qwyndolin is a master of Vinheim Sound and draconic Soul magic, the Darks souls equivalent to Wizard's Illusions and Evocations, and wields a short bow).

I will be loggin my adventure. This is PFS, spoiler warning if you are running your own.

Build stuff
So, 20 Point buy, level 1, 150 GP, and general PFS rules.
We are having our first module at the end of the month.
Build objective:Hospitaler17/LifeOracle(WolfScarred?)3

Okay. Here's my big problem. As far as I know, the Fiendish Heritage options are not legal. If not correct me. Tiefling may be a bad option, since they'll get 2 less lay on hands than my other option, Halfling. halfling's Lay on Hands bonus is smaller as well. Let us examine level 4 hospitaler paladins with 20 point buys and the Fey Foudling Feat.

Tiefling (16 Str, 11 Dex, 14 Con, 12 Int, 7 Wis, 14 Cha)
Lay on Hands: 2d6+8, 4 times/day. 60 HP
Channel: 1d6+2, 5 times/day. ~16
66 HP

Halfling (14 Str, 11 Dex, 14 Con, 10 Int, 7 Wis, 18 Cha)
Lay on Hands: 2d6+6, 6 times/day. 78 HP
Channel: 1d6+2, 7 times/day. ~38
116 HP

Oh dear. On the other hand, Tiefling gets Maw or Claw and Prehensile Tail. I'll get the bite from oracle either way... Halfling seems better overall. If the Fiendish Heritage was available, Tiefling would win hands down. The tiefling concept would be cooler overall as well.

Build
As of right now:
Halfling Paladin 1.
14 Str, 11 Dex, 14 Con, 10 Int, 7 Wis, 18 Cha.
Feats: Fey Foundling
Racial Traits: Fleet of Foot
Traits: Undecided. Help welcome.

Gear: Undecided

I am level one, so I only really have Lay on- No? Uh, Divine Grace? Ugh, Smite? Oh yeah... +2 hit if I go tiefling... +1 damage. Dammit! Level one paladin's suck!

Party

Tentatively, it's:
Human Gunslinger
Half-Orc Fighter
Tiefling Cleric
Halfling Paladin
Aasimar Bard (Magician, Sound Stiker)

Snowbluff
2012-11-08, 05:55 PM
Reserved. Probably for Build stuff for reference later on.

Right now, I am a halfling (Outrider for the Handle animal bonus) Paladin with Power Attack (PFS allows rebuilds, I'll swap it out later), A lance, and on a Pony.
Wearing scale mail.

Final encounter in the session went well. I rolled like ones on every roll until I clutched it at the end.

Round 1: I poked (missed) with my lance, and had my pony move in for some hoof strikes. Misses. Our war cleric was missed by a crazy halfing...

Round 2: The war cleric did a massive 15 damage to the halfing. The halfling returns with a 12 damage hit, downing our cleric. A rogue(?) moved up. I attack him, taking him down with hoof strikes and a power attack.

Round 3: The halfling moves to take healing from the enemy cleric, but our gunslinger took him out. An enemy caster tries to cast a spell in my reach, but fumbles the Concentration.

Round 4: The cleric get gunned down, after nailing me for 6 (I was injured by an imp earlier, bringing me to 2 hp). I swing and miss the caster, but he moved in, and provoke an AoO with a spell. I hit with a 20, and did 9 damage, and my pony hit with his hooves for some more damage for the win.