PDA

View Full Version : Find me a class

Rising Zan
2012-11-09, 03:57 AM
Hey ya'll. I need some help finding a prestige class for a fellow player and would like your opinions on the matter. The character is a female Draconian. Shes a fighter with a halberd who is role played as agile, dexterous, etc. The halberd is essential to her character and she wants to stay dexterous, to the point that she wears light armour. I was thinking about just re-working the duelist class to make it compatible with the halberd, but I would like to hear some more opinions on this.

Fighter: 4 LA: +1 Effective level: 5
Lawful Neutral
Str 19
Dex 16
Con 17
Int 13
Wis 14
Cha 14

The level adjustment is +1 because of a variant rule that made it a draconic racial class.

3.0 and 3.5 classes can both be used. We don't use Tome of Battle however.

Also, hi! I'm Zan and this is my first time posting. Nice to meet ya.

Edit: Included part about Tome of Battle.

The-Mage-King
2012-11-09, 04:10 AM
Hi, Zan.

A thing that would be good to know is the composition of the rest of the party, and the DM's willingness to refluff.

Assuming a reasonably powerful group, and a DM who is willing to let mechanics be described as the player wants, I'd suggest the Warblade base class from Tome Of Battle as an option, possibly leading into one of the PrCs there. Maybe Bloodstorm Blade or Bloodclaw Master. The latter would require a small amount of refluffing, but it actually seems to fit.

However, party composition could make that be too powerful, hence asking about it.

Rising Zan
2012-11-09, 04:45 AM
Apologies. I should have thought to also post the party make-up. Silly me xD

Draconian Fighter woman - Fighter: 4 LA: +1 EL: 5
Crossbow Ranger - Ranger: 5
Magic Viking - Warmage: 5
Half-succubus - Rogue: 4 LA: +1 EL: 5

Everyone except for the Warmage is a new player. Optimizing isn't very big in our group. I'm DM by the way and re-fluffing is fine.

Also I forgot to mention but we don't use Tome of Battle. We have our reasons so I wont really go into it. I do like your idea with the Bloodclaw though. She wouldn't go for it because she insists on only using the halberd, but I would totally play a draconian with that class.