PDA

View Full Version : Help Crunk Populate His 360 Collection!

DJ Yung Crunk
2012-11-09, 08:13 PM
Tale as old as time.

So my 360 perished some time ago, as 360s are wont to do. Not being much of a gamer I simply mourned the deceased console for a few moments and went about my life 360-free. Cut to November 2012 and now I'm starting to miss the ol' girl and now I'm starting to think I should get a new one while we're at the end of the cycle and they're nice and cheap. Only problem is that now my 360 game collection is behind the times.

I enlist you, GiantITP, to help bring my collection out of the era of tri-cornered hats and into the hoverboard present. What are some good games for the system that have been released since April 2010? I know it's that date since I was playing Just Cause 2 when it croaked and wikipedia seems to believe it was released around that time. I'm really not picky about genre, I don't think I'm enough of a gamer to have such defined preferences. Go hog wild! Personal preferences, big sellers, critically acclaimed, forum favorites, y'know, whatever criteria you guys want I'm cool with.

Any help would be great. Thanks a ton. Stay #positive. Based for life.

Mando Knight
2012-11-09, 08:27 PM
Halo: Reach and Halo: CE Anniversary are fairly good, and then of course there's Halo 4. There's also Mass Effect 3, if you've already got 1 and 2.

There's also Games Which Should Be Played On PC, that is, Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas.

GolemsVoice
2012-11-10, 07:49 AM
The Witcher 1 and 2! I'm currently playing 2, because I immensely enjoyed the first one, and the second one is even better. The world is mostly pretty generic, elves, dwarves and humans. You're a witcher, a professional monster slayer (who you gonna call?) who gets drawn into events far beyond what he expected. The story is ok, nothing new, but what make the game shine are the choices you have to make. I really thought hard about some, and that's always a good sign.

Jonzac
2012-11-12, 11:01 AM
I have Skyrim for the 360 and find it absolutely wonderful. I'm not the type who spends hours modding so the 360 is perfect, and some of the mechanics (I'm looking at you lockpicking) are better. With the 360 controller.

Blask ops 1 and 2 if you like that.

Psyren
2012-11-12, 11:05 AM
I'd hold off on Mass Effect, there's supposedly a "battlechest" edition coming out soon that will include all 3 games.

Bayonetta is great too, as is the newest Mortal Kombat. Speaking of fighting games, also look into Blazblue (both of them) and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 if you like those.

Borderlands 1 and 2 are fantastic. The Fallout series is great.

RagingKrikkit
2012-11-13, 08:18 PM
Well, here's my collection, all of which I would recommend, depending on your tastes:

Portal 2 (Puzzle)
Mass Effect Trilogy (RPG/TPS)
Skyrim (RPG)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (TBS)
Ace Combat: Assault Horizion (Flight Sim)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2-3 (FPS)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (RPG)
Halo Reach (FPS)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Action/Beat 'Em Up)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Stealth/RPG)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Stealth, showing up at my house tomorrow, yay!)

Zevox
2012-11-13, 10:46 PM
Well, if you really don't have preferences, here's everything I have that I'd recommend to anyone to at least some degree:

RPGs:
(Western)
Mass Effect 1-3
Dragon Age: Origins & 2

(Japanese)
Tales of Vesperia
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Dragon's Dogma

Fighting:
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Persona 4 Arena
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Street Fighter x Tekken
Mortal Kombat (9)

Action/Adventure:
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Devil May Cry 4
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Other:
Catherine (Horror/Puzzle)
Brutal Legend (Action/Real-time Strategy)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Turn-based Strategy)

I'd give some information on each, but, well, without knowing which are likely to interest you most, that's a bit too many to be practical. I'd end up spending an hour writing this - I know, I've done that before...

Zevox