PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k Only War cancelled?

LongVin
2012-11-09, 09:30 PM
A few months back I read about a new book being released for Warhammer 40k RPs called Only War which would allow you to play as Imperial Guardsmen. It was supposed to be released in October but now I can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Does anyone know if it was cancelled?

Gavinfoxx
2012-11-09, 10:21 PM
I believe it is still in beta.

king.com
2012-11-09, 10:51 PM
A few months back I read about a new book being released for Warhammer 40k RPs called Only War which would allow you to play as Imperial Guardsmen. It was supposed to be released in October but now I can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Does anyone know if it was cancelled?

It was originally a Dark Heresy supplement book and was cancelled from that product line so it could be its own game system and expanded to be released as a core rulebook.

TheThan
2012-11-10, 07:12 PM
it sounds like it should be an empire building game. Like Twilight Emperium, or Diplomacy and others in that particular genre.

LongVin
2012-11-10, 08:05 PM
ah. Thanks guys. I'm hoping its not cancelled.

And, yeah an empire building game within the warhammer universe would be sweet.

DontEatRawHagis
2012-11-10, 08:10 PM
On their message board their is talk about a Dec 15th release date, but that is all conjecture.

shadow_archmagi
2012-11-10, 08:57 PM
Note that I've seen people discussing the mechanics, so I think there's a preview adventure that's been released or somesuch

king.com
2012-11-10, 10:08 PM
ah. Thanks guys. I'm hoping its not cancelled.

And, yeah an empire building game within the warhammer universe would be sweet.

Its absolutely not cancelled.

DontEatRawHagis
2012-11-11, 12:36 AM
Note that I've seen people discussing the mechanics, so I think there's a preview adventure that's been released or somesuch

There is, it came out for Free RPG day and is currently being hosted on the official webpage. Also has two additional characters a Rattling Sniper and Comissar.