PDA

View Full Version : The Unwanted Omega [IC]

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-10, 12:15 AM
Welcome Group Omega

The Old Age
The Days of the Mage Lords: A tyrannical period in which the people of the world were ruled by decedent Lords of magic. In the last years their power their arrogance grew exponentially until they began to challenge the Gods and Dragon Lords from which they drew their might. Finally their tyranny was ended by the source: The Gods retreated to their own plains and The Dragon Lords laid waste to the great libraries where man had stored the knowledge the lords had given them, before fleeing to the other Planes, leaving a world with no magic.
-50,000 to -30,000

The Time Without Magic or Gods: The first years after the Schism the Mage Lords still held power but shortly after Warlords and self-proclaimed Kings began claiming and taking what they could, This four to five hundred year time period became known as the Ruin Wars. It was followed by many short lived reins and many rising and falling kingdoms.
-30,000 to -25,000

The Return of the Gods: Pelor was the first of the Gods to return to the world. Then more returned bringing with them a trickle of magic.
-25,000 to -25,500

Return of the Dragon lords: The First of the dragons began to return from their self-induced exile and began to again share their knowledge with man but not nearly so freely.
-20,000ish

The Time of Rebirth: This time is difficult to place as some say it began when Pelor returned other not until the Great City of Reddmyr was restored and the great calendar was started and the Sages proclaimed the start of the New Age. This age was led from Reddmyr which had been made the capital of a new and powerful nation named Lananter.

The New Age
0-6,224: The Years of Conquest: During the beginning of the age Lananter's kings led many wars and campaign into the wild places of the world uniting the warlords under one banner.

6,224-7,695: Lananter begins loosing land to the power as the Eternianna Emperium rises to power.

7,695 to 11,851 The two Great Nations end their war and begin a period of peace.

11,851- A great Lich named Unx who claimed to be a former Mage lord began amassing great power but not waging any wars or taking any hostile action. He claimed to have foreseen a great cataclysm tens of thousands of years ago and took on Lichdom before stowing himself away until he was needed. A great many heroes attempted to end him but he was far too powerful.

13,043- The First outbreak of the Spell Plague was seen in a farming community, call Goldenshire. The world blamed Lich Lord Unx naturally

13,121- The Spell Plague had become wide spread and nearly 20% of the worlds populace had been wiped out only to rise again and spread more death across the land.

The Age of Sorrow
13,134- The City of Reddmyr falls to the plague. The closed gates and large population made this a massacre. Over three million people died in a matter of days. It is estimated that ten thousand or less actually made it out of the city. The fall of the city brought with it the destruction of the Great calendar and the end of an Age. The Brief period of that followed was dubbed the Age of Sorrow.

Year Zero- A legendary group of adventurers known as the Guardians regathered and went on a hunt for the true cause. Among them were Galinta the Devote, Shaka the Wild, Kalacus the Mad, and Mala Ora the Everwise. They were accompanied by Lord Unx, this was of course more than shocking to those who knew of the Quest.

Year of the Exodus- Two years after the Party set out Kalacus returned alone and began gathering those that had survived the Plague and the undead and led them to a great Portal that led to another plane one free of the Plague. During the Caravan a being in a black robe lined in a mystical looking metal, appeared and began throwing a strange sort of magic at the caravan severing the magic links that held them to the path and throwing them into oblivion. Kalacus began battling the man but the crossfire hit a small group, which you all were a part of, it sent you sailing into oblivion.

Group Omega:
{table=head]Player|Character|Gender|Alignment|Race|Class|Party Role
Blue1005 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=70032)|Qari (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=466877)|F|LG|Aasimar|Favoure d Soul2/Sorcerer1|Divine&Arcane Caster
Blue Lantern (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=70911)|Martin Hingron (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=466194)|M|CG|Human|Rogue1/Sorcerer2|Skill Monkey/Arcane
Zman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=67670)|Avariel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=466209)|F|CG|Half Nymph Elf|Fighter1/Elf Paragon1/Wizard1//Half-Nymph2|Gish
INoKnowNames (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=64819)|Daranthos Zendrati (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=469166)|M|CN|Goliath|Warblad e//Expert|Melee|?
Phyzor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=23723)|Dennis (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=468043)|M|CN|Strongheart Halfling|Ninja3//Swashbuckler3|Melee/Skill monkey
[/table]

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-13, 04:38 AM
As your mind drifts dream to dream you find yourself in the familiar 'falling dream.' You see the ground coming up and the moment you would normally wake up you instead fall hard onto an old and unkempt cobblestone road. The fall knocks the wind out of you and disrupts your equilibrium causing a sensation of loss of balance and nausea.

The air is cool and pleasant but the light of the sun is blinding and seemingly unnatural. In the distance the sound of galloping hooves can be heard, accompanied by hoots and hollers of the riders. You can hear them approaching from what you can only assume to be the east as the sun is rising behind them and obscuring them from sight.

As you try and move you realize that your muscles are sore and slightly weaker that you remember. Around you others seem to be trying to get up and about but are likewise encountering the disorientation and physical discomfort.

Welcome to a very unfriendly territory Group {2} Omega

Blue1005
2012-11-13, 04:46 AM
"I have got to stop eating those mushrooms before i go to bed..."

Zman
2012-11-13, 10:22 AM
Aavariel

<Elven>"Bastards!" The beautiful elven women slowly stands, adjusting her Mithril chain. It takes her a moment to collect her self as she looks around...

Hearing the Horses in the distance she tries and gauge their distance while drawing her stout bow and knocking an arrow...

No time to wonder, father always said to be too slow or unprepared was to be dead...

Spot[roll0]

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-13, 04:11 PM
Update comin just need a little time :)

Blue Lantern
2012-11-13, 05:16 PM
"What?, wait?, who?" Martin woke up and confused, the memory of the last years painfully rushed to him...
...his early years... the hopeless struggle against the plague, the everlasting fear that permeated his city, his world, a situation ripe for predators and corruption... all his effort to help, to protect the people, seemed so useless now, when he discovered his powers he really believed he could make the difference ...yet in the end nothing was left, they had to flee... the exodus... the attack...
His instinct took charge, he looked around attent and listened cautiously, he was not alone at least, the faces were known to him, they were in the caravan together, but were where his parent?, Alfred? Were they alive?
"Ok, and I hope I am not being literal, but where the hell are we?"

Roll: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-13, 07:57 PM
As the riders close to under 200 feet you are able to see the outline of approximately thirty riders but the blinding suns at their back stop all attempts to see any distict features. A few details can be found in their shadows.

Spot DC 10

The shadows show that though they may appear hostile many have yet to draw a weapon at all. Only a few have spears or lances out and they are not positioned for a charge.

Spot DC 15

As above, but you also can see that they are slowing and are not in an attack formation.

Spot DC 20

As both before, and you can tell even though the shadows are obscued that the riders are roughly humaniod and approximately as tall as a female human.

Spot DC 25 ((Optional, if taken character is dazed for two rounds reguardless of success or failure.

You wince through the blindingly light to see lightly armored humanoids riding white horses. Some carry bows others spears. The ones with shield all bear the same insignia but the details are somewhat obscure. As you try to see closer your eyes begin to sting forcing you to look away.

Listen DC 10

You are able to hear multiple voices communicating in short phrases though the content and language are still to hard to make out. The calls seem coordinated but not overly hostile.

Listen DC 15 if you speak Sylvan

You begin hearing a few of their calls to one another. It is a very old dialect but you are able to understand certain words and phrases such as 'Faster', 'Be wary', and 'Hold Attack'. You are sure that given more time to listen at a shorter distance and you will be able to translate effectively.

In the sky you see a broken moon that appears to have been cleaved by some cosmic ax. The two 'halves' are uneven and there are fragments and slivers floating motionless between the two great sides.

To one side you see a thick canopy of trees that appear ancient and ominous. To the other are vast rolling hills dotted occationally with a patch of trees or the occasional boulder. To the front are the riders and the suns and behind you the plains continue.

Note: Please ensure your languages known are chosen ((many of you haven't listed them)) you will not be penalized for choosing sylvan at this time as long as it makes sense. Thank you :)

Zman
2012-11-13, 09:21 PM
Aavariel looks at the oncoming riders, "Thirty riders..they don't appear hostile. Can anyone hear them?"

She keeps her bow out, though holds it in a less aggressive manor.

Listen[roll0]

Blue1005
2012-11-14, 12:16 AM
[roll0] is my spot check
[roll1] is my listen check

"I hear someone speaking, unable to make out what..."

Phyzor
2012-11-14, 04:39 AM
While getting up Dennis realises that one moment the caravan got attacked and the next moment he finds himself in a totally different surroundings.
A quick look around proves no portals are around to get back into, just that strange moon... Could it be they have fallen out of the moon?

In that quick glance he spot something in the distance and hears riders approaching. He looks for the nearest place to hide and without saying a word he rushes over there and readies his bow with an arrow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Blue1005
2012-11-14, 04:52 AM
"I dont know what is going on here, im so confused."

I Ready Sanctuary if anyone comes aggressively towards me.

Phyzor
2012-11-14, 06:28 AM
Heading towards the forest Dennis let's the others know what he has noticed sofar.

"There's a group ofhumanoids riding towards us. They seem to be all female, judging their heights. As the elf said, they do not appear to be hostile. However im not taking any chances, since no one seems to have a clue of our whereabouts."

Zman
2012-11-14, 10:20 AM
"Hide if you must, and only if you believe they will not easily detect you, they are undoubtably aware of our presence already. It may best to meet this situation without arising further suspicions."

The well built female elf speaks with confidence, trying to his the little quiver of uncertainty and fear.

Even in fear, one must be decisive in action. Doing nothing removes our choice...

INoKnowNames
2012-11-14, 10:32 AM
The sounds of other people talking around him help awaken the boy from his sleep. "Ugh... I thought I was still home... Eglath wouldn't have called that foul..." he laments, rubbing his chin from the fall.

As those near him speak, and those far away from him approach, Daranthos surveys the world around him, while preparing himself for combat. After checking it for damage, he manages to rest his weapon over his shoulder, despite it still scratching the ground beneath him.

Spot:[roll0]

Listen:[roll1]

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-14, 10:08 PM
As the riders approach they slow to a trot and stop just a dozen or so feet infront of you. The horses snort and breath heavy from the effort of the fast ride. The riders appear to be slightly more lith and child like versions of elves. They would be almost indiscernible from adolescent elves if not for thier long, green tinged hair and vivid, almost glowing green eyes. From what you can tell they are split evenly between men and weapon, though they seem so androgynous that it is hard to be sure. They don hide and leather with the exception of thier leader, whom wears full plate that is dull green in color. As the riders stop those with drawn lance and spear lower thier weapons which apparently are only out because they lack proper sheathes. The leader of the band raises her arm and turns her hand from the wrist, starting with the back of the hand facing skyward and ending with the cupped hand point skyward.

As she does the gesture she says, "Oi'irk aelk py ioyirai'yiy fi' foy iraelk i's foy suayy vyi'viryw, La aeyi Omearen, i's foy Ioolafy I'uaaoaeuak,"

(For those that speak sylvan if roughly translates to..)

Hold and be welcome to the land of the free peoples, I am Omearen, of the White Orchard.
but it is a very old version of sylvan so a perfect translation is difficult

She holds herself firm and proud dispite her small stature. On her back are a bow and quiver and on her hip a short sword, but at the moment she does not seem to be hostile in any way, nor do those following her.

((And for random trivia that really is the Sylvan Translation, not just randomly assorted syllables))

Zman
2012-11-14, 10:32 PM
Aavariel, steps forward her bow held in a nonthreatening manner, <Sylvan>"Welcome and greetings Omearon of the White Orchard, I am Aavariel, the Mithril Mage. It warms me to see a friendly face, our day has not been kind.". Aavariel's movements and manners are pure grace and beauty melded with strength as she tries and take a measure of their new company.

Blue1005
2012-11-15, 12:27 AM
Unknowing of what is happening Qari will bow as well and show humility to the riders. And will then attempt to say hello in all her know languages in hopes of finding common ground of which to communicate on. Common, Elven, Celestial and Draconic.

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-15, 12:59 AM
Omearen lowers her hand to her side. The entire gesture appears to have been some form of formal courtesy or gesture of good will, apparent by the rest of riders shadowing the motion as Aavariel speaks back to Omearen. The only difference is that they also lower thier head as if to see thier feet. Omearen looks Aavariel calmly in the eyes as if to show them as equals, and says

"Ioy oaek li'f lalfylkyk fi' yiyyf, pgf aeirir foi'wy yiaeil wyyz uaysgjy lal Foy Iraelk i's Suayy Vyi'viryw. Ioy ioyuay wylf fi' wyyz ael ylk fi' foy Juayaef oaevvyllalj oyuay. Foy Wzil oaek auaaeazyk aelk fgual kaeuaz lal woaeky, pgf laf aevvyaeuaw fi' oaephy phaellawoyk aew khglaaziril aew laf aaeyiy. Ki' ili'g zli'io aelilfolalj i's foy oaevvyllalj Iraekil Aavariel Yilafoualair... La aeyi wi'uauail La ki' li'f zli'io folaw ioi'uak... yiaejy."

Translated from Sylvan

In Truth, we had not intended to meet, but all may seek refuge in The Land of Free Peoples. We were sent to seek an end to the Great happening here. The Sky had cracked and turn dark in shade, but it appears to have vanished as quickly as it came. Do you know anything of the happening Lady [Aavariel] Mithril...I am sorry I do not know this word... ma-ge.

Her gaze becomes slightly puzzled as if encountering an odd creature for the first time.

As Qari begins saying hello in multiple languages the first two seem lost upon the crowd but when she utters her greating in celestial a regal looking male takes notice and begins to approach as she continues swiftly to the next language a mixed look of horror and anger wash over the crowd. As if she had perhaps insulted them. The regal looking one simply raises a hand to silent the muttering between the other riders. He again mimics the hand motion towards Qari again with the added bow of the head. Then in a soft yet proud voice he says

"Zuo soly bunwijel sz hatz, poy yrel funtl ub yrel ficwelt telayr anel cuy lquxelc relnel. Fel xicthz neldoelly yray zuo cuy oyyeln yrels relnel. I as Xahwanelc, ub Vahhapnuux, felhvusel yu yrel Hact ub Bnelel Qeluqhel."

Translated from Celestial

You must forgive, dear lady, but the words of the winged death are not spoken here. We kindly request that you not utter them here. I am Kalgaren, of Callabrook, welcome to the Land of Free People.

Blue1005
2012-11-15, 04:20 AM
I bow my head in agreement, and look towards the other with me that appears to speak their language. Feeling quite useless unable to speak.

Blue Lantern
2012-11-15, 05:25 AM
Barely arrived and already got a welcome party from a squadron of ...whatever they were... amazons, at least they were really good looking.
He stood there, silently cursing that he could not understand much of what they were saying, staying alert.

I just realized I didn't pick my known languages, if I am still on time I will get the same one as Blue1005

Phyzor
2012-11-15, 09:35 AM
As Dennis looks from the forest how thing unfold a conversation starts between the two groups. Although it sounds elvish, Dennis does not understand what is being said. Though it doesnt appear to be a hostile environment.

The only way to find out what is being said is to ask, but to ask is to blow his cover...

I'll remain her for now and come out as if i was wandering about when the group starts leaving, he thinks to himself.

Blue1005
2012-11-15, 11:23 AM
"So how did we end up here? I was magically transported. The gods must need me to help here. What can I do"

Assume until someone else speaks different that it is celestial.

Zman
2012-11-15, 11:49 AM
Returning the gesture of respect, <Sylvan>"My Thanks. We are new to these lands and unfamiliar with them and the Great Happening. If you would further your kindness and explain such things, I would be greatful. As to our Lamguage differences, this is my Mithers tongue and I am not as skilled with your dialect."

Aavariel is a bit puzzled by Quari and her discourse as she doesn't not speak the Celestial tongue.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the guy told you not to speak celestial here blue. Don't want to anger him.

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-15, 03:26 PM
No the first two were unknown to them the third ok the fourth bad juju so celestial was good and Draconic was NO STOP!!!

Update on its way guy!

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-16, 05:23 AM
Kalgaren looks at Qari puzzled, "Zuo vaolelt yrel raqqelcicw yray lyinnelt yrel elanyr act vnavxelt yrel lxz?" He mutters in a hushed tone of suspicious disbelief. He expression and manner of speech looks as if he was learning some great secret.

Translated from celestial

"You caused the happening that stirred the earth and cracked the sky?"

Kalgaren
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z280/timmekkemmit/Elvenguard-1.jpg

Omearen shows the first sign of true emotion as she lets a small smile escapes. It is a little eerie as the their faces had been near perfectly tranquil with the exception of when Draconic was spoke aloud. "Ili'g wguairil yigwf oaephy fuaaephyiryk saeua Iraekil [Aavariel] fi' li'f oaephy oyaeuak i's foy Iraelk i's Suayy Vyi'viryw."
Sylvan
"You surly must have traveled far Lady Aavariel to not have heard of the Land of Free Peoples."

Her face again takes it peaceful near emotionless face causing her hauntingly bright green eyes to appear like knives that could cut the very soul. "Ioy aeuay foy suayy Uolmaary, ioy aeiri'ly wfi'i'k aejaelalwf foy kuaaeji'l'w yiaejlaa aelk pywfyk i'gua auagyir auayaefi'uaw. Ioy wiryio i'gua i'phyuairi'uakw aelk wfaeyivyk i'gf aeirir i's foylaua iolaazyk ioaeilw, ioy aeuay suayy i's foy yphlair foaef yiaejlaa pualaljw, aelk foi'wy foaef iolawo fi' py waephyk suai'yi foy vaelal aelk wi'uauai'io foaef yiaejlaa pualaljw aeuay aeirioaeilw ioyirai'yiy." Omearen shifts a little in her saddle as if uncomfortable but her face did not betray it. "Foaef law yde'aeafiril iooil ioy aaeyiy wi' aeuayiyk fi' folaw viraeay, foy Oaevvyllalj aaeyiy iolafoi'gf ioaeuallalj pgf fioi' kaeilw vaewf. Foy wzil auaaeazyk aelk foy yaeuafo woi'az. Laf ioaew wyyl suai'yi i'ua lyaeua pil wyffiryyiylf i's [Callabrook]. Foyil syaeuayk foy uayfgual i's foy I'phyuairi'uakw i'ua vyuaoaevw aeli'foyua Aeuaaaely yphlair aaewf paeaz aef gw suai'yi foy pi'ioyirw i's foy lyfoyua. Wi' foy paellyuaw ioyuay uaaelawyk. Li'uayiaeiriril Foy I'uakyua ioi'girk oaephy ualakkyl lal si'uaay pgf folaw law ae klawfaelf i'gfvi'wf aelk ioy aeuay syio. Laf law foy kgfil i's foy Ioolafy I'uaaoaeuak fi' oglf i'gf aelk wiraeil foi'wy foaef pualalj yiaejlaa iouai'gjof yphlair lalfi' foywy iraelkw, pgf pil foy flayiy ioy aeuaualaphyk foy wzil oaek oyaeiryk aelk ioy oaephy si'glk li' fuaaeay i's foy aaegwy." Omearen's voice is filled with pride as she speaks of her Order but is laced with concern by the end of her explanation.

PART ONE
"We are the free Uolmaary, we alone stood against the dragon's magic and bested our cruel creators. We slew our overlords and stamped out all of their wicked ways, we are free of the evil that magic brings, and those that wish to be saved from the pain and sorrow that magic brings are always welcome."

PART TWO
"That is exactly why we came so armed to this place, the Happening came without warning but two days past. The sky cracked and the earth shock. It was seen from or near by settlement of Callabrook. They feared the return of the Overlords or perhaps another Arcane evil cast back at us from the bowels of the nether. So the banners were raised. Normally The Order would have ridden in force but this is a distant outpost and we are few. It is the duty of the White Orchard to hunt out and slay those that bring magic wrought evil into these lands, but by the time we arrived the sky had healed and we have found no trace of the cause."

Omearen
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z280/timmekkemmit/28j-1.jpg

Zman
2012-11-16, 08:18 AM
Aavariel listens, interested and respectfully. Before answering Omaeron she turns to the rest of the party, including a gesture to the small man who snuck away. <Common>"They are friendly, a Free people who are wary of magic and have been oppressed by dragons and evil magics. I am sorry to give away your position, but it is doubtful they will respond kindly to such a deception. If any of you posses such powers, be careful and discrete. This is a foreign land to me, but we are better off with allies then enemies. They are part of a remote outpost and are responding to some yet as unknown event referenced as 'The Happening'"

Turning back to Omaeron, her eyes direct and confident, <Sylvan>"We've traveled farther than even we know.... Is this your native tongue? What other races and nations are near? Know that we wish no harm upon you and would welcome your hands in friendship for we are alone and in need.". As a gesture Aavariel moves her bow to her back and returns her arrow to its quiver.

Blue1005
2012-11-16, 08:42 AM
"Indeed sire we have not caused any of the happenings that have taken place tonight. Surely I have no real idea of what is transpiring, I just wish to have peace with you and that we may seek knowledge to this together in one accord and upon one peace."

Again I bow.

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-16, 09:43 AM
Omearen waits patiently as Aavariel communes with her companions. When Aavariel again speaks to Omearen she listens politely but instead of answering she hold up a hand and says "Not here, we shall talk more in Callabrook." It is as if your ears had been fooled but as it sinks in Omearen is speaking your common tongue as if listening long enough to your words had allowed them to already pick up the language. Then five of the riders doubled up, opening their horses for the refugees. "Come, it is not safe here" As she speaks a small smirk can be seen flash across he face as if she knows all to well the shock that would follow her sudden boon of knowledge.

Phyzor
2012-11-17, 03:30 AM
Since Aavariel blew his cover, Dennis first puts away his bow, before coming out of the forest. He shows that his hands are empty by letting them hang beside his body and spreading his fingers. He heads over to the group in a normal pace and says "Greetings free people".

Blue Lantern
2012-11-18, 04:42 AM
"Greetings" responded distractedly Martin, assaulting dragons, amazon elves lookalike, cracked skyes, it wasn't a picnic out there, and they still had no clue where were the rest of their people.
What a nice start of the day.

Zman
2012-11-18, 10:49 AM
Aavariel

Trying not to act surprised, Aavariel turns to the rest and speaks quickly in the common tongue, "We should follow, there is little reason to stay here."

Spellcraft[roll0] For his Tongues ability.

Also, ISpeakNoNames hasn't posted in four days, has he dropped?

Blue1005
2012-11-19, 12:27 AM
"Then let us depart, surely we will be safer with these kind people than in this place unknowing of what lies beyond our sight."

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-19, 01:58 AM
Omearen leads you on a half-day's ride into the small out post of Callabrook. As you ride Omearen tells you that she is not of this fort but instead a larger town to the north. She had been forced to ride south as this outpost does not have its own member of the White Orchard. She also tries to explain how she spontaneously learned their language, as it happens her people the Uolmaary only live but a decade and that to compensate for the short life they were blessed with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new things so as to best use their limited time. It is almost shocking when she states that she is but two years of age.

As you approach Callabrook you instantly notice it is a small fort. It's walls made of whole tree trunks posted into the ground. Around the walls are a few farms, a mill, a tavern, and small houses. When she leads you into the fort you spot a smith fast at work, a locked shed which could only be an armoury, a barracks, and various other military related builds all very small. The outpost was obviously erected with the intent of outfitting perhaps two dozen riders. The entire outpost appears to be in a state of disrepair and the few Uolmaary you do see give you weary looks as if to judge their safety with the arrrival of the strangers.

Omearen leads you to a small fortified building in the very center of the fort. The door is but four feet high andthe roof only five and half. She gestures you in and to have a seat. Once inside you notice that it is a room for meetings most likely strategical in nature. A very old Uolmaar sits in a far cornor muttering to himself while stroking his wispy beard. Omearen dispatches one of the riders to retrieve food and wine for their honored guests.

Phyzor
2012-11-19, 03:51 AM
The whole journey Dennis has not spoken a word, instead he was taking in the environment. Perhaps even trying to spot a familiar place. Where were they?

Another reason for not speaking is the fact that Dennis still doesnt trust these people. Also the story Omearen told about the Uolmaary being superadaptive makes him wary, although he doesnt show this to anyone.

This means they can be good fighters and a good ally to have, or perhaps a race of desception. His travel aboard taught Dennis that appearances can be deceiving.

Once the group is in Callabrook Dennis obviously looks for places that might hold valuables, but tags along to the fortified building. He takes a seat when Omearen invites them to sit, looking around, keeping his mouth shut.

He does wonder though, why would these people need these forts?

Blue1005
2012-11-19, 06:19 AM
As we sit I listen intently to what is being said. A little confused during this time I too took in the scenery and attempted to understand why the gods have brought me here and who I am supposed to help.

Sense Motive [roll0]

Zman
2012-11-19, 08:23 AM
As they walk towards the small fortified building Aavariel asks Omearon, <Sylvan>"It's intriguing that your people have such a short lifespan, it's quite the opposite for my people. You must truly embrace life and living. What is the purpose of this outpost, it seems to have fallen into disrepair over a few of your generations?"

As they enter the small building, Aavariel has to duck the doorway, but is able to stand at her full height once inside.

Blue Lantern
2012-11-19, 01:58 PM
The travel goed by without accidents, Marting does not try to hide is uneasiness, quite the opposite, he tries to not look more than a simple city boy, unaccustomed to hard travel; meanwhile trying to catch every bit of information possible.

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-20, 06:44 AM
Omearen gives Aavariel a puzzled look, <sylvan>"yes, lady elf, we know of your kin, long have we tried to discover the source of such longevity. The only thing unknown is how and why you have mysteriously appeared right after a great happening. It must indeed be an omen of change."

Her beautiful eyes shift ever so slightly and seem to look out at something that does not yet exist. <Sylvan> These forts were originally built on top of ancient castles of a people long forgotten by history. We use then to keep invaders from our lands, or more correctly we did. In the beginning of my elder's generation a new foe emerged. One more terrifying than even the Winged Tyrants. They struck without warning and disappeared as quickly as they came taking captives and leaving no trace. Later legions of soldiers arose from the earth, they were of all races but somehow tainted and made dark. These armies have swept across our lands capturing all those who either do not or can not fight. Our old and young alike are stolen away and still we know not why. It is troubling to tell you of this but such a warband swept through here recently that is why so few remain and the grounds are in such sorts."

<sylvan>We would march against them but we lack the forces to do so. To worsen it all a neighboring kingdom was also sacked and the lord now blames us for the capture of his daughter. He claims we failed to uphold our alliance, and he threatens war if we do not retrieve her."

Omearen shows outward frustration for the first time, <sylvan>When I saw you so armed I had hoped I could commission your adventuring group to hunt them down, but it seems you are not intentional in your wandering. You have suffered your own tragedies recently and I would not be right to give you ours as well.

She continues to look blankly forward deep in thought.

Phyzor
2012-11-20, 02:44 PM
"Can someone please translate what is being said, or would the Free People be so kind to speak in this tongue?"

INoKnowNames
2012-11-20, 02:53 PM
"Not to be rude, but I agree." Daranthos chips in. "With all due respect to your cultures, I for one have little idea as to what exactly has been going on, and unfortunately my tongue isn't nearly as refined as yours are."

Zman
2012-11-20, 03:11 PM
Aavariel turns to her companions and in the common tongue relays all the the information to date.

<Common>"I am tempted to offer my aid. Will any of you?" Aavariel is aware that Omeareon and the others can understand her.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-20, 05:37 PM
Daranthos smiles a toothy grin. "I'm always ready for a fight!" he eagerly replies, nearly shouting, as he hoists his blade into the air, before mounting it back over his shoulder. "I've not much else to really do right now, other than see how wel these Uolmaary battle. But the Dark Legion sounds like it would be much more fun to face!"

Phyzor
2012-11-21, 04:28 AM
As two members volunteer to help the Uolmaary Dennis starts thinking what he should do. This place seems free of the plague, so the goal of reaching a safe place is achieved. However this is a new world, there's so much to explore and why risk his health for a new people.

"I am curious about this world and want to explore it, but I dont see why we should risk our lives taking on a foe that is unknown to us. I would be willing to help if you could give us some more information about the neighbouring kingdom and the lord's daughter... and perhaps something that would make our stay here more pleasant." he continues.

"Do you have any clues about why the lord's daughter has been missing or where she might be located? I am also curious about the warband you talked about, did your people track where they went?"

We could either retrieve the lord's daughter and both parties will be gratefull or try to take on that neighbouring kingdom. Fighting along these people might be interesting by what Aavariel told us.

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-21, 05:02 AM
Omearen looks at the three with a guarded form of surprise. <Common> You are most kind, we will give you any information you wish, the fastest horses, any equipment you need, and a badge of the White Orchard which shall forever show the Uolmaary that you are our ally and they shall show you fidelity, as for the foe we have tracked them to a nearby outcrop of boulders but that is where their tracks stop, it as if they simply vanished. To answer why they took Lord Galen's daughter is futile, they take hundreds of prisoners and none are seen again, with the only exception of Elder Jarak over there but he was driven mad before we found him wondering the plains. I wish I could give more but that is half of our struggle, not knowing." Her voice shows a tone of desperation an emotion that is clearly alien on their beautiful faces. "We would be willing to share all that we have or hold dear to avoid this war, our numbers are thinned and our people wary of war. We wish only for peace."

Blue1005
2012-11-21, 06:21 AM
"The best way to have peace is to prepare for war. Let us help you in this epic and then attempt to find out how we may return from whence we came."

Zman
2012-11-21, 07:04 AM
Aavariel looks the Omearon with sincerity, "You have my aid, though I can not promise for my companions."

Companions? I not even know them...

Blue Lantern
2012-11-21, 09:21 AM
"I don't even want to think what mess are we getting into." thought bitterly Martin, "But there is no choice."
He joined the overeager elf and spoke.
"Well, for what is worth, I am willing to help, I think better to stay united."

Phyzor
2012-11-22, 04:19 AM
Hearing Omearen speak Dennis finds it rather peculiar that everyone goes missing instead of elder person. What makes him so special or strong that he had survived the kidnapp?

"I agree that we should avoid war at all costs, seeing that your people are already down in numbers and grieving for lost ones. It seems that the only ways to avoid it though is through diplomacy. We either look for Lord Galen's daughter or we seek the dialogue.

Perhaps can you give us some insight on what power Elder Jarak may have to survive the attack? He must be a strong person if he could survive what no other prisoner accomplished.

I do say let us get ready to investigate the outcrop"

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-24, 08:23 AM
Ok... so if no one has anything else to say. We will skip a few hours ahead...
Omearen has prepped you to undergo the expedition you each get either a Light Warhorse or a Warpony a normal saddle and up to 300Gp in mundane gear (But not actual funds). You may question Elder Jarak if you like. He is currently seated in the corner of the war room where the Uolmaary have set up beds for you all. He is also muttering to himself and twitching his hands around his face.

The plan is to set out in the morning you will be accompanied by Lady Omearen and two of her finest. The small outpost while strained for resources is willing to give up all they have to ensure your support.

Zman
2012-11-24, 09:11 AM
As she begins saddling and preparing the white light warhorse, Aavariel asks Omearon, "How far is this outcropping? What kind of resistence can we expect upon arrival?"

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-24, 09:51 AM
Omearen looks at her newly acquired champion, her bright green eyes once again filled with hope. <Common>"The outcrop is but one day's hard ride on these great steads. As for the resistance, we are not the only people of these lands, Ehlonna willing we will not run into them before we reach the destination. The dark ones' only appear at night, we must be wary they are quite dangerous. Those that masquerade as your dark and twisted kin ride on giant spiders and appear form nowhere. Her voice tried to mask the severity of the true danger these being held, as if afraid her newly won allies might turn tail. <Common> I hope you have found all you could need, we do not have much but what we do we shall share.

Phyzor
2012-11-24, 02:23 PM
Dennis just saddles up and await for the group to be ready. After fleeing for the plague this adventure feels like a welcome change of events.

Zman
2012-11-25, 12:26 PM
Aavariel, her face set, turns to Omearon, "Then we should set out without delay."

Aavariel is on her horse and ready to leave.

Lets not let this game die.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-25, 10:47 PM
"Giant Spiders? Blech... why does it have to be Spiders.... I hate spiders..." Daranthos laments, still trying to balance on his horse.

Blue1005
2012-11-27, 04:41 AM
"To infinity and beyond, may the gods use us all mightily"

Phyzor
2012-11-27, 04:58 AM
Before the group takes of Dennis turns to to elder and asks him what has happened to him before he was found wandering the plains.

[roll0]

Blue Lantern
2012-11-27, 05:22 AM
While preparing for the departure Martin stayed close to the curious halflig, hoping to eavesdrop some useful tidbit of information.

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-27, 08:56 PM
As Dennis addressed Jarak the old may turned towards the sound his left eye murky blue, obviously blind. He had the appearance of an ancient elf, his once vibrant green hair dulled white with the passage of time and his once child-like face deeply lined with memories of his past.

Elder Jarak appears to look through the young halfling that spoke to him. "The hunger.... it was... horror made real.... not real.... nothing was real.... mind tricked... FAKE! FALSE! NOT TRUE! ... So smart are they but they cannot see... fight evil with evil, then no more.... Must escape.... can't escape... No escape... all cry... all die... AND THEY STEAL MY THOUGHTS!... no not my thoughts... not mine anymore... FAKE! FALSE! LIES!" His mad babbling and ranting gives very little information onto why he was taken or how he escaped. Much of the talk between the fragmented sentences are simply unrelated words repeated several times such as eating, death, dark, evil, and slave.

As he rambles you begin to notice some strange physical features. The first is a dark grooved ring-like scar around the next as if his head had been sewn back on. The second are a few burn scars on his head and face. The burns are relatively small and roughly the same size as a copper piece. Lastly is that his face shows absolutely zero emotion, unlike his kin he shows no sign of control but rather a lack of emotions entirely, with only anger and hatred remaining to brew his insanity.

Zman
2012-11-28, 05:49 AM
Watching, "Poor man, his mind is broken.". She turns and looks at the others, "I am ready to depart. Shall we?"

Blue1005
2012-11-29, 01:11 AM
"Let us go, this plight will not resolve itself."

Phyzor
2012-11-29, 07:01 AM
"I agree Aavariel, let us go."

INoKnowNames
2012-11-29, 02:21 PM
"Adventure!" Daranthos cheerfully cries out, undaunted by the ramblings of the old survivor.

Blue Lantern
2012-11-29, 04:46 PM
Martin stayed silent, but nodded to the rest of the group to signal he was too ready to leave, all the while trying to put to memory the words of the poor man, they were the rambling of a broken soul, but within them there may have been hints of what they could be facing.

Doc_Pippin
2012-11-30, 10:39 AM
Omearen and a couple of her guard ride out with you, pushing the steeds hard until just before night fall you reach several boulders. The horses breathe heavily and short in protest to the effort they had put forth.

The rock formation looks simple enough, four very large boulders each about the size of a small house. There are also many smaller boulders scattered about. The stones seem to form a sort of make shift trench in a sea of grass. The signs that some large group had been here are everywhere. Tracks and scattered garbage litter the ground and a fresh corpse of a young human male lay just outside of the formation, arrows deep in his back.

"He must have fled, poor man" Omearen says shaking her head as she dismounts her exhausted steed.

Zman
2012-11-30, 11:30 AM
As Aavariel approaches the seen she begins looking for signs of the enemy and information about what they were doing and where they were going...

Spot[roll0]
Listen[roll1]
Survival[roll2]
Search[roll3]

Blue Lantern
2012-12-01, 06:48 AM
Martin descended from his horse and, fighting a rebellion from his stomach, approached the body and started looking for hints, with the intention of subsequently looking the rest of the place.

Rolls for looking at the body.
Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll2]

Eventual rolls for looking elsewere
Spot: [roll3]
Listen: [roll4]
Search: [roll5]

Also since it's nice fall and we have a nice defensible position might be a good idea to make camp.

Edit: WOW three 20 in 6 rolls, couldn't that have happened in combat, no! :smallbiggrin:

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-01, 08:04 AM
For a spot, search, or listen check under 15 you find obvious signs of recent travel but nothing truly interesting.

Over fifteen for spot or search you find particulars that lead you to believe that who ever these people are they are unorganized and not militaristic in the way they travel. The body is mundane in almost every way except the arrows in its back are black and finely crafted. The stones also seem off somehow as if they were not here naturally, the largest of the stones is ever so slightly tinted differently that the others. On closer inspection it is a different type of stone entirely, one that seems foreign to this region.

For the Nat twenties I will PM you soon.

On listen a twenty plus check gives you the feint sounds on animals nearby they seem to be nocturnal animals awakening for the hunt.

Blue Lantern
2012-12-01, 12:21 PM
Martin picked an almost imperceptible noise, his instinct warned him, they were not alone, trying to act spontaneous he started returning cautiously toward the group, nonchalantly passing nearby Avariel to murmur a single world in her ear "Ambush", hoping he had enough time to deliver the message to the others.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-01, 01:21 PM
After observing his allies' movement, Daranthos dismounts, and follows their example while readying his weapon over his shoulder, not willing to end up like the fresh carcass dressing the scenery.

I wanna make checks!
Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll2]
Survival: [roll3]

If we've got a few minutes to look around, after the initial checks providing initial scans, would taking 20 on skills be an option? Or would that take too long?

Phyzor
2012-12-02, 04:11 AM
Dennis is not so keen riding a fourlegger, he is much more comfortable on a boat. As soon as they arrive on the scene he gets off. Noticing the arrow in the human's back he grabs his own bow, readies an arrow and starts looking around better. Taking in his surroundings and looks for a good hidingspot.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Zman
2012-12-02, 10:54 AM
As Mrtin whispers about an ambush, Aavariel tries not to blow their advantage, but takes another look around as she draws her taught Shortbow, knocking an arrow...

Thinking to her self...Damn, I should have just readied my magical defenses...

Spot[roll0] *180' Lowlight Vision

Blue1005
2012-12-03, 12:26 AM
Once alerted, i too will ready my defenses.

Spot [roll0]
Search [roll1]
Listen [roll2]

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-03, 01:21 AM
Due to popular request I will roll the init for now..

Aavariel[roll0]

Dennis[roll1]

Martin[roll2]

Daranthos[roll3]

Qari [roll4]

Init: Enemy group 1 [roll5]

Init: Enemy group 2 [roll6]

Init: Enemy group 3 [roll7]

In response to the spot and Listen checks... (Attack happens suddenly so search and survival are deferred)

A spot check over twenty will reveal that something/s is/are moving around but are either naturally or magically hidden from sight.

Listen over 20 Reveals two languages being whispered across the battlefield by two voices (If you speak Undercommon you may attempt a listen check each round DC 25 to understand it)

The Nat twenty spot will be PMed

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-03, 01:29 AM
1: Enemy group 1 [24]
2: Enemy group 3 [17]
3: Martin [12]
4: Aavariel [9]
5: Dennis [6]+
6: Qari [6] -
7: Enemy group 2 [4]
8: Daranthos [3]

DM Rolls...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

info pending results

So two arrows appear to fly from the farthest of the boulders. They are black as night and their source seems to materialize out of nothingness. Their skin is as black as their arrows and hair as white as snow. The only thing you see to know them not to be normal Drow is the cloudy, expressionless, white eyes instead of the normal red. The first goes wide landing in the dirt. The second cuts closer to Martin but still misses its mark and breaks upon a rock.

As these two foes reveal themselves so do two more similar in appearance with the same milky and haunting eyes. Their arrows fly toward Daranthos, one falling short and the other finding its mark in the flesh of his leg.

Enemy group two holds action or readies action muhahahaha the suspense!

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-03, 01:42 AM
Follow on rolls

[roll0]
&
[roll1]
So Daranthos you take 7 damage and you notice a slight numbing around the wound, that quickly spreads but fades as it spreads through your body. It quickly disappears and the pain in your thigh kicks in.

Posting info...

Martin, Aavariel, Dennis, and Qari may act in any order they wish then Enemy group two, then Daranthos may react

Blue1005
2012-12-03, 04:27 AM
I cast sanctuary as soon as i notice we are being attacked DC 16 will to negate.

FVS DC is based on wisdom and spell level correct? Stupid in my opinion being that CHA is the class trait.

"Hey guys, i spotted something, i feel like there are invisibles around here..."

Zman
2012-12-03, 08:32 AM
Aavariel, "Drow!"

As she spots the nearest Drow open fire, she begins casting a spell, her voice a fluidic incantation as she brings forth arcane protections. Once complete, she swaps her bow for her sword and moves towards the enemy...

Cast Shield
Move action to swap weapons and move towards Drow.

How far away are they?

Also, for future combats I'll likely have Nerveskitter prepared, so I'll have a +5 Initiative in the first combat of the day.

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-03, 09:14 AM
The two in front are 40 feet away the ones from behind are 60 ft.

Blue Lantern
2012-12-03, 04:20 PM
"Oh sh..." blurted marting at the hiss of an arrow passing right beside, in an instant he dived for one of the nearest rocks, reaching for cover.

I move toward cover and try to hide, if I have a move action left i draw my crossbow.
Hide: [roll0]

Phyzor
2012-12-05, 03:54 AM
The moment the blackened arrows appear, Dennis uses his Ninja stealth to go invisible and sneak up to the nearest drow. He does realise this is not a simple assasination, because of the other drow still being around. But he trusts that the others will stand by him in this fight.

use 1 Ki for my Ninja stealth
move towards the nearest drow
attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] and [roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6] and [roll7]

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-05, 06:50 AM
@ Dennis
So Dennis' sudden burst of violence seemingly from nowhere savagely rips chucks out of the combatant's soft flesh, just below the rib cage. Blood gushes from the wound but the Dark elf gives no cry of pain, no grimace of hatred he simply turns towards the direction of the attack, eyes blank to the world, searching for the assailant.

@ Martin
As you dive in between two good sized rocks you hear a grunt of effort from beside you. As you try to dodge you are caught by the sharp blade of a spear in the hands of a newly materializing dark skinned dwarf. His eyes are near identical to those of the Drow. As he draws back for another attack you quickly regain your composer and skillfully bat his jab away.

@ Aavariel
As you charge so does another invisible would be assassin. Another dark and twist dwarf charges blindly and seems to run out of the air itself, his spear pointed at your lovely face. As he approaches you skillfully drop into a low squat causing his spear to miss entirely but whats better, he left his guard down in his mad rush to slay you. You see the chance to strike. (AoO)

Vs Martin
[roll0] AR
[roll1] CC
[roll2] DR

[roll3] AR
[roll4] CC
[roll5] DR

Vs Aavariel
[roll6] AR
[roll7] CC
[roll8] DR

Zman
2012-12-05, 08:11 AM
Aavariel, ducking a violent spear blow deftly twists her elegant blade around in an upward oblique arc...

Taking my AoO
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Zman
2012-12-05, 08:13 AM
Aavariels strike is well aimed and she attempts to bring the blade home with passion...

Critical Confirmation[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Edit: Wll, that should do nicely.

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-05, 08:29 AM
Well done Zman.. But I do final multiple calculations for simplicity. so its 18 not 15. But you Crit on a Crit so you can roll again. If you confirm AGAIN then it will do 27 damage. (If you triple crit its an instant kill)

Blue1005
2012-12-06, 12:48 AM
"Huzzah for that incredible display of bravery, the gods favor you nearly as much as me. "

Zman
2012-12-06, 08:30 AM
Aavariel's blade is deadly and she puts all the weight and strength of her small frame behind the strike...

Another Crit Confirm[roll0]

Interesting rule, In the future could you roll these AoOs? It would keep things going much quicker.

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-07, 03:33 AM
Aavariel elegantly lunges from her low squat with tremendous force catching the attacker under the ribs and swinging perfectly upward into the vital organs. The attack is so powerful the body of the attacker is impaled upon the sword with the exit would just below the neck. A torrent of crimson spews forth moments after and he he falls limp on the blade, his feet still inches off the ground.

With a quick and skillful flourish of your trusty blade you rip the sword out of the corpse splitting him from the gut to the neck, without even a seconds hesitation.

Ya... hes downed (Techn: not dead but he ain't comin up soon enough)

Ya the triple crit rule was something my first DM used he said that if you crit, then confirm the crit with a crit, the confirm the second crit with yet another crit the powers that be have spoken and I qoute "The shear improbability shows that it just needs to die"

INoKnowNames
2012-12-07, 11:03 PM
"Gah... Darn it!" Daranthos responds to the pain in his leg. Hope that didn't poison me...

He immediately dashes in the dirrection the attack came from, and attempts to respond in kind to the assailants with his blade.

A) If within range (30 feet), this would be a Move Action + Emerald Razor Maneuver as a Standard Action.

B) If futher away than 30 ft, then just a Charge.

[roll0] (Attack Roll; If A, this is a Touch Attack. If B, add +2 to this roll.)

[roll1] (Possible Critical. Add +2 if B.)

[roll2] + [roll3] + 7 (Damage in either scenario)

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-09, 09:40 PM
An update is coming I swear... Physical therapy is kicking my butt

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-10, 01:13 AM
@ Daranthos

You quickly dart forward and deliver a skillful blow to the left arm of Drow that had fired upon you. The sword cuts deep into the fleshy portion above the elbow severing the limb. His poorly kept bow falls to the ground with the limb still grasping the wood.

The disturbing aspect is that the dark elf still does not flinch, no scream of pain nothing, just a dull thump of the arm hitting the ground and a torrent of blood.

Your opponent leaps at you with his one arm, his teeth snapping at you.

[roll0] Bite
[roll1] Grapple

@ Dennis

The foe still impaled on your blade lunges at you, thrusting your blade even deeper until it drives through him completely. His weak bow falls to the ground, its poor quality string snaps on impact as he closes on you through your sword two daggers are lifted numbly in his hands he swings wide at your face as if possessed. It attempts to end you even at the cost of whatever it considers life.

[roll2] Self inflicted injury
[roll3] Dagger P Attack
[roll4] CC
[roll5] DR

[roll6] Dagger S Attack
[roll7] CC
[roll8] DR

@ Qari

[roll9] DM check EG2 first action

[roll10] WS if needed
[roll11] 1 AR
[roll12] 1 CC
[roll13] DR

[roll14] WS if needed
[roll15] 2 AR
[roll16] 2 CC
[roll17] DR

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-10, 01:22 AM
Forgot to roll bite damage
[roll0]
and Please roll a grapple

Vs Dennis
The first hits the second misses.

vs Qari
Your spell is dispelled from an unseen force and you take 9 points of damage.

EVERYONE

Omearen raises her talisman and all of your wounds are eased {Fast healing 3 for 4 rounds beginning now}

INoKnowNames
2012-12-11, 09:27 AM
"What the heck?! These things sure don't fall easily!" Daranthos exclaims as his assailant presses its attack despite having an arm severed. He attempts to defend himself against his foe.

Speaking of defending, does this enemy have Improved Grapple? Or can I nail it with an attack of opportunity for trying to be a zombie?

If so: [roll0] (Attack Roll)
[roll1] (Possible Crit)
[roll2] + [roll3] + 7 (Damage)

Also, last turn, was I close enough to use my maneuver, or did I have to charge?

Grapple Check: [roll4]

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-12, 05:22 AM
As the creature lunges at Daranthos in a frantic effort to apparently eat his flesh, Daranthos simply sidesteps and kicks the legs from under it sending it sprawling onto the ground. (It is now prone in front of Daranthos)

Blue Lantern
2012-12-12, 06:04 AM
As much as scared and pained Martin was he tried to keep his head straight, he had no chance to win a brawl against his enemy head on, so he chosed to carefully retreat toward his allies, being carefull to not give any opening.

Withdraw toward the bulk of the group trying to gain distance from the dwarf so he hopefully could not reach me next turn. Also a question, did I managed to draw the weapon?

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-12, 06:27 AM
Just playin, but ya you drew your weapon in the move action.

Phyzor
2012-12-12, 07:33 AM
Dennis is astonished about the fact this creature actually hurts itself so it can attack him. It didnt even seem to hurt it... "What are these creatures?"

Lifting up his foot he pushes ot creature of of his rapier and reaches for his dagger. Once the rapier is free Dennis strikes both his weapons at the creature trying to make an end to its life, if its even alive.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Zman
2012-12-12, 11:09 PM
Aavariel spotting the Drwo behind, <Elven>"Drow..."

Aavariel, a beautiful terror, quickly turns and charges the the drown preferring any one of them that looks like a spellcaster...

Free: Awesome Beauty(DC15 or Shaken for anyone looking at her)
Charge[roll0] Great....
Damage[roll1]

AC:23(21)

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-14, 12:01 PM
Waiting on Qari but in the mean time

[roll0]

As you charge forward and bring the weapon down the shear force of the swing sends your light frame spinning. For a moment you feel sickened.

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-14, 12:12 PM
[roll0] Reflex roll

Never mind you stopped the spin in time to not be stunned next round.

Blue1005
2012-12-17, 04:38 AM
If they are in my range I will cast burning hands DC16 reflex.

[roll0]

If not, i will do ray of enfeeblement at the closest on I can see.

[roll1]

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-19, 05:48 PM
Qari
You unleash a powerful blast of fire and the opponent doesn't even try to get out of the way (Nat 1). As the flames burn his long hair, you see four, small acid like burns on the sides of it forehead.

Blue1005
2012-12-20, 04:39 AM
Knowledge arcana to understand why and what that means.

[roll0]

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-20, 04:54 AM
That would be a know (dungeoneering)

Phyzor
2012-12-20, 09:35 AM
As Dennis skillfully punctures his rapier in the creature's flesh, he takes a small leap forward thrusting his knife in the creature's neck. This drops the creature to the ground and Dennis removes his weapons from it, looking around to the next nearest one.

Blue Lantern
2012-12-24, 01:50 AM
Martin embraced his crossbow and sent a dart flying toward the strange looking dwarf, meanwhile scanning his surrounding to seek for some advantage.

I assume I am far enough from the dwarf that he could not easily reach him, in that case attach and use the move action to reload the crossbow, if it is not the case I use the move action to get further apart.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Eventual Critical Confirmation: [roll2]
Sucky rolls of course

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-27, 05:16 PM
As the Battle rages on and you fell a few of the ferocious foes, the others seem to retreat melding into the stone, an action very unlike them from what you have observed. Not even a moment later you all hear a loud thump as if a great weight had landed near you.

As the magic shielding it from view dissipates you seem the newest monstrosity you must face. It appears as one of the drow you had faced only moments earlier, at least from the waist up. Below the waist is a grotesque mutation. The body of a giant spider seems to morph out from where the legs should have been. The eyes of this one are the same as your previous opponents, cold and lifeless.

As it comes into view a visible aura of magic can be seen glowing around it's hands. It is obviously preparing a powerful spell.

Knowledge Dungeoneering 10 to know what it is and Knowledge Dungeoneering 15+ to know what it can do.

Dont forget your Fast healing 3 effect from Omearen!

Zman
2012-12-27, 05:31 PM
Aavariel looks at the fell beast, assessing it...

To figure out what is going on.
Knowledge Dungeoneering[roll0]
Knowledge Arcana[roll1]
Spellcraft[roll2]

Phyzor
2013-01-03, 05:35 AM
On his travels Dennis has encountered magic before, but that was to no extend as this strange mutation. Even the other drow seemed to be somehow magically transformed, at least that is Dennis his conclusion to the fact they showed no pain. Dennis for a moment is baffled by the look of the creature, but realises by the hand movement it will unleash a spell.

This would be a good moment to not stand in the way he figures and he uses his Ki to get behind the creature to attack it, hoping to interupt the spell.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-03, 09:55 PM
As Dennis stabs into the spider's thorax a strange magical energy surges through his blade, causing him to feel drained and weak. The weapon left it's mark but in the end the opportunity to attack was actually a well placed trap.

Retributative Ray of enfeeblement-
[roll0] Strength Damage