Attack: Bite +33 melee (4d8+22)
Full Attack: Bite +33 melee (4d8+22)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +25, Ref +14, Will +15
Abilities: Str 41, Dex 11, Con 29, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Jump +27, Listen +1, Spot +1, Swim +15, Survival +21*
Feats: Snatch, TrackB, Great Fortitude, Power Attack, Leap Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper, Battle Jump, Power Lunge, Mighty Roar, Greater Mighty Roar, Improved Natural Attack (Bite)
Environment: Temperate plains
Organization: Solitary or pack (5-12)
Challenge Rating: 13

Trip (Ex): A riding dog that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+1 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the riding dog.
Trample: As a Standard Action, can Trample a creature of up to Huge-size. Target takes 3d8 + 22 damage & may either a) take an Attack of Opportunity with a –4 penalty or b) make a Reflex save for ½ damage (DC 37).
Snatch: A riding dog can choose to start a grapple when it hits with a bite attack, as though it had the improved grab special attack. If the riding dog gets a hold on a creature of medium size or smaller, it squeezes each round for automatic bite damage (4d8+22). A riding dog can drop a creature it has snatched as a free action or use a standard action to fling it aside. A flung creature travels 1d6 × 10 feet, and takes 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet traveled. If the riding dog flings a snatched opponent while flying, the opponent takes this amount or falling damage, whichever is greater.
Greater Mighty Roar: Once per day, a riding dog can use this feat as a standard action. A riding dog's mighty roar affects every opponent within 30 feet that can hear the roar and has a character level of 24 or less. An affected opponent must make a Will save (DC 20) or be panicked for 2d6 rounds.
*Riding dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

On a charge: +35 Bite, (4d8 + 30 (Power Lunge) + 18 (Power Attack)) x2 (Battle Jump) x2 (Leap Attack), Avg. 264, followed with a trip or snatch attempt.

...Okay, so druids don't get to pick Titanic companions. I just happened to see the Titanic template and couldn't resist finding something to put it on. I'm only sad that there's no real use for this creature, aside from maybe giving Bubs the commoner another choice to think about.

Lost in books
2012-11-10, 03:27 PM
You should read the Paragon template as well ;)

Snowbluff
2012-11-10, 03:28 PM
25HD is easy pre-epic if you know what you are doing. Ubermount and such.

danzibr
2012-11-10, 10:18 PM
Man, I saw that the other day. Ridiculous. I've never luck bonuses so large.

rockdeworld
2012-11-11, 11:49 AM
Indeed I have. It actually happens that the Titanic template gives a bigger strength bonus than Paragon, and more feats. Arguably the other advantages of Paragon are the reason it increases CR by 2 more than Titanic.

On that note, I present the Paragon Shrieker, aka the level-farming glitch:
Paragon Shrieker
Size/Type: Medium Plant
Hit Dice: 2d8+28 (44 hp)
Initiative: -5
Speed: 0 ft.
Armor Class: 34 (-5 Dex, +5 natural, +12 Insight, +12 Luck), touch 29, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-4
Attack: —
Full Attack: —
Space/Reach: 5 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Shriek
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, plant traits, Damage reduction 10/epic, spell resistance 41, Fire and cold resistance 10, Fast healing 20
Saves: Fort +22, Ref —, Will +13
Abilities: Str Ø, Dex Ø, Con 28, Int Ø, Wis 17, Cha 16
Skills: —
Feats: —
Environment: Underground
Organization: Solitary or patch (3-5)
Challenge Rating: 16
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
A shrieker has no means of attack. Instead, it lures prey to its vicinity by emitting a loud noise.
Shriek (Ex): Movement or a light source within 10 feet of a shrieker causes the fungus to emit a piercing sound that lasts for 1d3 rounds. The sound attracts nearby creatures that are disposed to investigate it. Some creatures that live near shriekers come to learn that the fungus’s noise means there is food nearby.
A single PC of any class can suffocate these creatures by grabbing them and dropping them in a bag of holding (or bucket of water) at +1 level a pop until level 14. Sadly, this has caused them to be hunted to extinction, which is why you don't see them around anymore.

Lateral
2012-11-11, 01:16 PM
A single PC of any class can suffocate these creatures by grabbing them and dropping them in a bag of holding (or bucket of water) at +1 level a pop until level 14. Sadly, this has caused them to be hunted to extinction, which is why you don't see them around anymore.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you don't actually get any XP from fighting a CR 16 creature until ECL 9.

rockdeworld
2012-11-12, 05:29 AM
Hate to burst your bubble, but you don't actually get any XP from fighting a CR 16 creature until ECL 9.
My bubble is burst. :smallfrown:

Why is that even a rule?

Edit: By which I mean, does it come up that often?

DoughGuy
2012-11-12, 05:46 AM
Its too stop a level 1 commoner with 1 rank of UMD a wand of epic magic missile kill stealing the tarrasque xD
I just have to ask how is something that does 264 damage on average CR 13 lol?

rockdeworld
2012-11-12, 06:02 AM
Its too stop a level 1 commoner with 1 rank of UMD a wand of epic magic missile kill stealing the tarrasque xD
I just have to ask how is something that does 264 damage on average CR 13 lol?
Low action economy I guess. Heck if I know. I don't make the silly rules, I just use them for my silly will.

Invader
2012-11-12, 09:10 AM
Isn't there a rule about animals with an int below 3 taking feats like shock trooper?

toapat
2012-11-12, 10:27 AM
Isn't there a rule about animals with an int below 3 taking feats like shock trooper?

in 3.5, anything with Int 1+ gets feats.

The epic Pseudonatural template is also a pretty good one for increasing the power of a creature.

nedz
2012-11-12, 10:45 AM
Surely someone will apply this template to a Flesh Raker ?

The titanic template is from MM2, so no surprise here.

Slipperychicken
2012-11-12, 12:15 PM
My bubble is burst. :smallfrown:

Why is that even a rule?

Edit: By which I mean, does it come up that often?

WotC basically decided "If you're killing something CR+7, you're cheesing. If you're cheesing that hard, you don't deserve xp". And with good reason, CR+4 is supposed to be "impossible".

It also prevents high-level PCs from getting hirelings and powerleveling them like in an MMO.