catman04221985
2012-11-10, 05:02 PM
The loud, heart-stopping sounds of an explosion
and shattering glass along with the accompanying
shock strike you all without warning. Within
moments, a strange cloud of silvery mist blankets
the surrounding area. Just as panic and flight
are about to take hold, the cloud begins to swirl
without any evident prompting from the wind.
It whips itself into a cyclonic mass, discharging
what appear to be bolts of bluish lightning both
within itself and outward around its immediate
vicinity.
Both blast and bolts subside and begin to dissipate
before anyone (yourselves included) can
arrive on the scene, leaving the dead and injured
as the most immediate concern. The fleeing,panicked crowds and hopelessly jammed roads
make you all the only first-responders available
for the critically injured now.

Rhyvurg
2012-11-10, 06:02 PM
Marcus falls back off the bench he was on, cursing. "What the hell!?" He scrambles to his feet, trying to figure out just what the heck just happened. Seeing hurt people around him though (force field FTW) he starts pushing debris out of the way to clear a path for medics.

greenpotato
2012-11-10, 07:30 PM
After the initial explosion Sonya starts to make for epicenter of the damage. Is this my chance? she thinks as she hastily changes into her Ogress costume. She begins to lift rubble and wreckage off of trapped and the wounded and starts to move them towards the edge of the damage.

shugyosha
2012-11-11, 12:19 AM
John kept the radio on while he typed. His fingers tapped out various phrases that only had meaning to someone equally immersed in coding.

He might have missed it if it was for a flashing light in the corner of his screen. He stopped and listened to the radio report. It was an emergency, and explosion.

Turning on the police band and picked up the address. John closed his eyes and began to search ground zero for people hidden under the rubble.

Where did this occur? Downtown? at a mall or business building, etc.

FallenEco
2012-11-11, 02:15 AM
Elsye stumbled, coughing as the slivery 'smoke' cleared. Finding a place to sit for the moment, she put down the assorted costumes she was carrying and looked around, to see what had happened and if there was any way she could help.

catman04221985
2012-11-11, 12:07 PM
John kept the radio on while he typed. His fingers tapped out various phrases that only had meaning to someone equally immersed in coding.

He might have missed it if it was for a flashing light in the corner of his screen. He stopped and listened to the radio report. It was an emergency, and explosion.

Turning on the police band and picked up the address. John closed his eyes and began to search ground zero for people hidden under the rubble.

Where did this occur? Downtown? at a mall or business building, etc.

you all are Downtown

Kazun
2012-11-11, 11:07 PM
After hanging up the phone, Zeb (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14119850&postcount=38) grabbed his coat and rushed out the door. He sprinted the five blocks from his office building to downtown, and stopped, panting. The phone call had been very clear: Zeb was needed downtown. Something big was going on. People were in danger. She was in danger. Julia. He'd believed the caller instantly, despite knowing she was dead, and despite a general lack of compassion for his fellow humans. It didn't matter; at that moment, all he knew was that he needed to go. But now here he was, and everything seemed to be moving along in a perfectly normal fashion. No panic, no obvious threats, no danger. He'd been tricked. Despite the surroundings and his annoyance, however, he had a pervasive feeling of wrongness that he just couldn't shake. Something in the air wasn't quite right. And then the storm hit.

For a brief moment, he was engulfed in swirling silver and blue lightning. Power and pain surged through his body, taking his legs out from under him. As his eyes began to darken, he thought he could just make out a shadowy human form moving through the mist. Then the darkness took him.

When Zeb awoke, the scene was chaos. To his astonishment, he appeared unharmed, and he rose cautiously to his feet. Around him were many whom the storm hadn't spared. The dead and injured were scattered about, and a massive amount of property damage was evident. That was... weird. His eyes scanned the surroundings, looking for the shadowy figure that he thought he'd seen before blacking out. Probably just my imagination. Who could have been just walking around in that? Well, since I'm here, I might as well lend a hand. To his left was an overturned van with its roof crushed in, and he could barely make out people inside struggling to escape. Without thinking, Zeb simply strolled over and lifted the van over his head. As the grateful and shaken family exited the van, the details of the situation sank in.Oh God, what did I just do? With a sinking realization, Zeb knew exactly what he had just done. Heh. Uncle Sam would be so proud. But they find out about this, I'll be gettin' a phone call and marchin' orders. Me, the army's unwanted bastard child. Despite the dire circumstances around him, Zeb couldn't help but laugh.

The Silver Storm awakens Zeb's latent super-soldier abilities. He will do his best to put his new found strength to good use (more discretely than he did with the van, if possible) and help the injured/frightened, all the while keeping his eyes peeled for that shadowy figure (feel free to ignore this tidbit, but I figured I'd throw you a hook in case you felt like using it. It could easily have just been Zeb's imagination.)

shugyosha
2012-11-12, 12:06 AM
Phantom

While it wasn't x-ray vision John could move his point of view through the debris. He scanned for the injured or hoped to hear any survivors.

[roll0] perception

catman04221985
2012-11-12, 02:34 PM
Phantom

While it wasn't x-ray vision John could move his point of view through the debris. He scanned for the injured or hoped to hear any survivors.

[roll0] perception

You find a pregnant woman going in to labor.

catman04221985
2012-11-12, 02:37 PM
After hanging up the phone, Zeb (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14119850&postcount=38) grabbed his coat and rushed out the door. He sprinted the five blocks from his office building to downtown, and stopped, panting. The phone call had been very clear: Zeb was needed downtown. Something big was going on. People were in danger. She was in danger. Julia. He'd believed the caller instantly, despite knowing she was dead, and despite a general lack of compassion for his fellow humans. It didn't matter; at that moment, all he knew was that he needed to go. But now here he was, and everything seemed to be moving along in a perfectly normal fashion. No panic, no obvious threats, no danger. He'd been tricked. Despite the surroundings and his annoyance, however, he had a pervasive feeling of wrongness that he just couldn't shake. Something in the air wasn't quite right. And then the storm hit.

For a brief moment, he was engulfed in swirling silver and blue lightning. Power and pain surged through his body, taking his legs out from under him. As his eyes began to darken, he thought he could just make out a shadowy human form moving through the mist. Then the darkness took him.

When Zeb awoke, the scene was chaos. To his astonishment, he appeared unharmed, and he rose cautiously to his feet. Around him were many whom the storm hadn't spared. The dead and injured were scattered about, and a massive amount of property damage was evident. That was... weird. His eyes scanned the surroundings, looking for the shadowy figure that he thought he'd seen before blacking out. Probably just my imagination. Who could have been just walking around in that? Well, since I'm here, I might as well lend a hand. To his left was an overturned van with its roof crushed in, and he could barely make out people inside struggling to escape. Without thinking, Zeb simply strolled over and lifted the van over his head. As the grateful and shaken family exited the van, the details of the situation sank in.Oh God, what did I just do? With a sinking realization, Zeb knew exactly what he had just done. Heh. Uncle Sam would be so proud. But they find out about this, I'll be gettin' a phone call and marchin' orders. Me, the army's unwanted bastard child. Despite the dire circumstances around him, Zeb couldn't help but laugh.

The Silver Storm awakens Zeb's latent super-soldier abilities. He will do his best to put his new found strength to good use (more discretely than he did with the van, if possible) and help the injured/frightened, all the while keeping his eyes peeled for that shadowy figure (feel free to ignore this tidbit, but I figured I'd throw you a hook in case you felt like using it. It could easily have just been Zeb's imagination.)

For being a hero here is a HP:smallbiggrin:

catman04221985
2012-11-12, 02:41 PM
Elsye stumbled, coughing as the slivery 'smoke' cleared. Finding a place to sit for the moment, she put down the assorted costumes she was carrying and looked around, to see what had happened and if there was any way she could help.

Make a perception check.

catman04221985
2012-11-12, 02:44 PM
Marcus falls back off the bench he was on, cursing. "What the hell!?" He scrambles to his feet, trying to figure out just what the heck just happened. Seeing hurt people around him though (force field FTW) he starts pushing debris out of the way to clear a path for medics.

For making the medic job easier here's a HP:smallsmile:

catman04221985
2012-11-12, 02:47 PM
After the initial explosion Sonya starts to make for epicenter of the damage. Is this my chance? she thinks as she hastily changes into her Ogress costume. She begins to lift rubble and wreckage off of trapped and the wounded and starts to move them towards the edge of the damage.

Here's a HP

shugyosha
2012-11-12, 11:19 PM
Phantom

Whispering, "Don't worry help is on the way," to the woman, John floats his perception upward.

Up from the debris a sharp dress man rises. Stopping so that his feet are inches off the ground he announces, "OVER HERE. WE HAVE A PREGNANT WOMAN TRAPPED."

With a wave of his hand he begins to move some of the loose rubble, nothing that might disrupt the small space the woman is in.

Rhyvurg
2012-11-12, 11:45 PM
With a path cleared, Marcus stands on a chunk of metal debris and flies up, making himself glow as he hovered over the channel he'd cleared. "This way, over here!"

FallenEco
2012-11-12, 11:59 PM
Clearly still dizy, Elsye shook her head and blinked a couple of times in order to clear her head and stop her ears from ringing. Then she glanced around again in the hope of actually seeing further than the end of her noes this time.

Der...I should have remembered that...

Perception check: [roll0]

catman04221985
2012-11-14, 10:40 AM
Clearly still dizy, Elsye shook her head and blinked a couple of times in order to clear her head and stop her ears from ringing. Then she glanced around again in the hope of actually seeing further than the end of her noes this time.

Der...I should have remembered that...

Perception check: [roll0]

You hear small whimpering north of your position.

catman04221985
2012-11-14, 10:41 AM
Phantom

Whispering, "Don't worry help is on the way," to the woman, John floats his perception upward.

Up from the debris a sharp dress man rises. Stopping so that his feet are inches off the ground he announces, "OVER HERE. WE HAVE A PREGNANT WOMAN TRAPPED."

With a wave of his hand he begins to move some of the loose rubble, nothing that might disrupt the small space the woman is in.

Good job here's a HP

Kazun
2012-11-14, 09:04 PM
Zeb hears a voice cry out over the sobbing and sirens.

"OVER HERE. WE HAVE A PREGNANT WOMAN TRAPPED."

Guess I'll have to go into hiding later. People need help right now.

Discarding the van (safely), Zeb rushes towards the voice. He sees a sharply dressed man gesturing urgently towards a pile of debris. Taking the cue, Zeb begins to dig into the rubble. "Ma'am? If you can hear me, ma'am, you're gonna be alright. We'll have you out of here in no time. Just... umm... just hold it in for now." Moving rocks, he could do. But delivering a baby was not something Zeb had ever been trained for, and he hoped it didn't come to that. "Hey Suit, if you could stop hovering for a sec and maybe go find a gurney or somethi... Wait, you're hovering. Why the hell are you hovering?"

shugyosha
2012-11-14, 09:14 PM
Phantom

"The woman is going into labor. If you can remove the heavy debri, I'll go and place a force bubble around her so she isn't crushed by shifting rubble."

FallenEco
2012-11-14, 09:39 PM
Elsye was shocked by the sheer devastion wrought by the storm, but that didn't make her hesitate for a second when she heard the whimpering. Leaping to her feat, Elsye ran towards the sound, as fast as she could. There was a lot of damage, so a lot of people were in trouble, but here was something she could do about it!

Rhyvurg
2012-11-14, 11:45 PM
Marcus hears something about a pregnant woman and flies over. "If there's enough metal I can move the debris."

shugyosha
2012-11-14, 11:58 PM
Phantom

"Good, the two of you dig her out. I'll make sure the space she's in doesn't collapse," the dashing man says before he sinks down in to the rubble.

Once he finds the woman he says to her, "People are here to dig you out, just relax. You're going to be find." The area begins to glow faintly as the Phantom creates a small bubble of force around her.

Create Object rank 10: Create a force bubble around her.

greenpotato
2012-11-15, 04:49 PM
Sonya sees the people moving rubles and making noise about a pregnant woman so she goes over to see if she can help. "Is there anything I can do?"

catman04221985
2012-11-27, 08:11 PM
The EMT's moves to the area where the pregnant woman is at. She looks at you all and mouths thank you.

Kazun
2012-11-27, 11:16 PM
With the EMTs on the scene, Zeb takes a moment to look at the others who have gathered nearby.

A snappy dresser defying gravity and a young man with his head in the clouds. Guess I'm not the only freak in town... Are we all children of the storm, or just attracted by it? Or hell, maybe we all caused it. Zeb shook his head. Ah well, better make friends.

Zeb sticks out his hand to the man hovering above the rubble. "The name's Ze... uh, Halftrack. Call me Halftrack." Zeb regretted his words instantly. Halftrack? What kind of lame ass handle is that? Oh well, guess it's still better than using my real one. But why didn't I say something cool, like Destroy-O-Man or Infinifist? Now I'm stuck with Halftrack.

If Marcus touches down or gets close enough, Zeb will offer the same greeting.

greenpotato
2012-11-27, 11:41 PM
"Well, people call me Ogress" Says the towering woman and you can easily see why.

shugyosha
2012-11-27, 11:44 PM
Phantom

Once it was clear the woman was safe the comely man looks at Zeb, "Good to meet you Halftrack, the papers call me Phantom." He looks around at the destruction and says, "I'm going to look for other survivors." Again he sink into the ground.

[roll0] perception

Rhyvurg
2012-11-28, 05:40 AM
Marcus lands, casually moving debris out of his way as he walks over to the group. "Wade, Marcus Wade. Why do they call you Ogress? You're way to hot for a name like that. Personally I don't have time for secret identities, I'm to busy being awesome, controlling one of the forces of the universe, that kind of thing."

greenpotato
2012-11-28, 07:22 AM
Sonya begins blushing and looks a little confused.

catman04221985
2012-12-03, 07:20 PM
Phantom

Once it was clear the woman was safe the comely man looks at Zeb, "Good to meet you Halftrack, the papers call me Phantom." He looks around at the destruction and says, "I'm going to look for other survivors." Again he sink into the ground.

[roll0] perception

You fine everything is in hand.

catman04221985
2012-12-03, 07:25 PM
As the emts and police is cleaning up. A SUV comes flying at you all.
Roll initiative.

shugyosha
2012-12-03, 11:58 PM
Phantom

Seeing the on coming danger he shouts, "Look out!"

[roll0] init

Rhyvurg
2012-12-04, 01:28 PM
"Whoa!"

[roll0]

Kazun
2012-12-05, 11:08 PM
...And now an SUV is flying at us. That makes sense.

[roll0]

catman04221985
2013-01-09, 08:52 PM
Every one make a toughness save

As the suv is coming to you all. You see five figures off in the distance.

Death Magnetic-[roll0]
Lightshow-[roll1]
Lord Etheric-[roll2]
Mongoose-[roll3]
Octaman-[roll4]

Initiative order

Mongoose
Lord Etheric
Zeb
Lightshow
Death Magnetic
Octaman