PDA

View Full Version : 8 Drow families - Themes and Divine Builds

yougi
2012-11-10, 11:34 PM
Hey there!

I'm working on this scenario where the players explore a Drowish (Drowen? Drowic?) city led by 8 quarreling families. Each of the 8 families is led by a Matron, i.e. a 10th-11th level Drow. I'd like to give each family a "feel", and I'd like that theme to be represented by their leader's build. However, because in my setting, the Drows are a theocracy, each family is led by a character with Divine power.

So far, I have three that are built:

- Cleric 8/Warpriest 2: The Matron is a physically imposing Drow, and often trains with the family's swordsmen. They employ many non-drow mercenaries to defend their Fort, as long as they are physically strong. The Matron prefers open war to the Drow's usual hidden ways, which highly limits the families' influence despite their army's strength.

- Wiz3/Clr3/Mystic Theurge 4: This family sports some of the city's finest mages. Their lair is mostly guarded by constructs, and most of their higher ranking members actually live in the Mage's Guild rather than the family's castle.

- Rog1/Fav4/Asn1/Black Flame Zealot 4: This family is, even by Drow standards, disloyal and untrustworthy. Rare are the unpoisoned drinks in their manor, and even family members have trouble sleeping there. The Assassin's Guild is led by a member of this family.

I thought of a Hexblade/Pious Templar, but that is weird, and of an Eldritch Disciple, but I'm still unsure what kind of a family that could give... Maybe one with lots of undead (high-Cha caster with Rebuke Undead...) Same thing with a Sacred Fist (a house filled with Monks? I don't think so!)

All in all, I'm looking for comments on these 3 NPCs, or your own ideas. As you can see, optimization is not necessary (players are rather low-op).

Malak'ai
2012-11-10, 11:55 PM
Some sort of 'Wild' Drow family that utilizes swarms of giant spiders lead a Druid/Warshaper. They harness the elements that surround them in the Underdark to control there area. Lots of 'vegetation' and the likes.