PDA

View Full Version : VK's Way of the Wicked OOC



Von Krieger
2012-11-11, 12:04 AM
In this thread we will be having the out of character portion of my hybrid Pathfinder/3.5 campaign running through the Way of the Wicked series of PF modules.

BESTIARY
PRISON GUARD
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5450/soldier11baronsoldier02.png
HP: 13 (2d10+2)
Init +1; Senses: Perception +2
AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 armor, +2 shield, +1 Dex)
Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1
Speed: 30 ft.
Melee: longsword +5 (1d8+2/19–20)
Ranged: longbow +2 (1d8/ื3)

Loot
Chain Shirt
Heavy Steel Shield
Longsword
Club
Longbow
20 Arrows
Footlocker Key

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-11, 12:19 AM
Slightly supreised I got in, bu happy to experiemnt on the good people:smallbiggrin:

The Doctor is in (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=467330), and he would like dark slate gray.

Von Krieger
2012-11-11, 12:26 AM
What would an evil game be without an evil, mad scientist?

Starbin
2012-11-11, 12:34 AM
Well thanks for the opportunity to play - looking forward to it!
Running XP total: 560xp
Krohl (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=466788)
Male NE Half-orc Urban Barbarian / Rogue
Details
Level 1, Init +3, HP 15/15, Speed 30ft.
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1; Base Attack Bonus +1 (+6 melee / +4 ranged)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Conditions None
Racial Abilities +2 Str, Acute darkvision (90ft), Chain fighter (WF: spiked chains, flails), +2 Intimidate, orc blood
Skills Acrobatics +7, Climb +9, Disable Device +8, Intimidate +12, KS: Local +5, Perception +5, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +7, Survival +6, Swim +9
Feats Improved Unarmed Strike; Power Attack; Intimidating Prowess
Class abilities Rage 6/day, Crowd Control, Controlled Rage, Sneak Attack +1d6, Trapfinding (+1)
Traits Outcast (+1 Survival, always a class skill); Suspicious (+1 Sense Motive, always a class skill); Crime - Attempted murder (+2 Intimidate)
Favored Class: Barbarian (+1 skill point)
Armor Chain shirt (+4 / -2)
Weapons Unarmed attack (+6 / 1d4+5)
Longbow (+4, 1d8, 100ft)
Greatsword (+6, 2d6+7)
Equipment MW lockpicks; rope; CLW potion; veil (lantern, pile of small objects (gold pieces perhaps?), a window)
Appearance
Krohl is a tall, hulking, beast of a half-orc, like most of his kind. If the dark grey skin, jutting brow, tufted ears, and yellow eyes didn't give him a monstrous mien, the single jutting tusk would complete the picture (the other was broken years ago). When he was free, he would carry a long spiked chain, having learned to use the awkward weapon in his younger years. He typically wore a chain shirt, giving him the freedom to move and still protect his vital regions. A hooded cloak kept him dry, and hid his face when necessary, while his pack carried most of his items.

Of course, all of his items were taken from him when he was arrested and imprisoned; now he simply wears a ragged tunic and pants, stained with the blood of their former owner.
Personality
Krohl can be quiet and soft-spoken at times, often appearing sullen to those who do not know him. However, it's actually because he prefers to listen instead of speak. Krehl has learned to say more with an imposing stare than a slew of harsh words. However, that is not to say he is reluctant to act when necessary, for he also prefers action to sitting around.

Growing up in the harsh environment he did, he learned quickly that the only power worth having was control - over yourself, over others, hell over the whole damn world around you!
Back story
Krohl remembered little of his time as a child. All he truly recalls is that it went by quickly and was very lonely. His parents were warriors of some type, but what they fought for is a mystery to him. Why they were in Farholde was anyone's guess. Perhaps they were on the run, perhaps they were there for a job, perhaps they were looking for a place to ditch their child. Regardless, they were killed in spectacular fashion by a local captain of the guard; which offered little in the way of solace for the child left behind.

He grew up in the crucible of an orphanage on the wrong side of town. It may as well have been a slave pit for all the care and rearing he received. The orphanage was rife with aspiring beggers, thieves, and more than a few cutthroats. As with anywhere, you had to establish your place in the pecking order. Krohl's size and strength ensured he found protection with one of the more powerful cliques. After a few years, it became apparent that he was strong and tough enough to take over; but while he wasn't a genius in such matters, he knew he possessed neither the head nor the tongue to keep the job for long. So he waited and worked as muscle for others. Unfortunately, the head boy, their ''boss,' became paranoid and was certin it was only a matter of time before Krohl made a play. So one night after a holiday celebration, they attacked him. He survived, losing one of his tusks, but was forced to flee the only home he'd ever known. His attackers lost the ability to walk without a limp or chew anything harder than creamed mash ... well, at least that was the lucky ones. But that was little comfort for a homeless youth.

For the next several months, Krohl survived by relying on his instincts and a few tricks he learned on the streets. Life is hard when your alone and penniless on the streets ... it's even harder when you're an unapproachable half-breed with a chip on his shoulder. Fortunately for Krohl, he was able to intimidate those who thought to take advantage of him, and brutally deal with those who ignored his imposing demeanor. One lesson that he took from his time living in alleys and gutters was there being strength in numbers ... but his life changed before he could take advantage of it.

Krohl was lurking outside a tavern when he saw him - the man who had killed his parents. He didn't remember him, didn't know him, but everyone knew Lord Bartho, former Captain of the Guard. Normally he wouldn't be here without his entourage, but the woman on his arm probably wasn't his wife. Krohl watched him from the shadows; the man was drunk and unaware of how close his death was. A few steps and Krohl was on him, wrapping his huge meat hooks around Bartho's throat. It seemed all so easy ... until the woman struck Krohl from behind. the blow wasn't very powerful, nor did it hurt very much. it did surprise him, however, and his lapse in attention was all the former top guard needednto reverse the hold and fling Krohl to the ground.

He tried to leap up and run, but Bartho tripped him even as he shouted for the guards. Within moments, Krohl found himself chained and beaten, waiting for a wagon to take him away. It was embarrassing to have taken this old man for granted, but the worst part of his failure came when Bartho asked why Krohl attacked him. quot;You killed my parents, 18 years ago! quot; The Lord thought for a minute, staring at Krohl, then shrugged. quot;I killed a lot of Orc scum back then. I was simply doing my job. quot;

Now Krohl was on his way to prison, for a crime he failed to commit against a man who didn't even remember the reason for his vengeance. Ironic, in a way, enraging in another. But any way you looked at it, Krohl was pissed. These people had better do themselves a favor and kill him quickly. Otherwise, they would pay.

They would ALL pay.

"Speaking" "Whispering" Thinking

Found a picture on the Prescott drawblog here (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_81lhhr8VvM4/SZUowiuocvI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/Rnja-1G-V0k/s400/SAD024.jpg)

Von Krieger
2012-11-11, 12:48 AM
Can I get all my PC's to post an image that I can snip a square face shot token of to put on the map?

Of course you COULD just go by the halo/outline color (which will match your speech color). But I'd just make them silly.

Also are their any rules that folks are familiar with that would help ease things in a play by post game? I've tossed the two I use into the top of the IC thread, as well as one to avoid the Identify Tax.

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-11, 12:57 AM
I suck at images, but this (http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=752&tbm=isch&tbnid=hVJvQQ70w1MmtM:&imgrefurl=http://www.metrolic.com/how-to-become-a-mad-scientist-130057/&docid=_ra2rd_NZ6PxdM&imgurl=http://www.metrolic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/mad-scientist.jpg&w=400&h=400&ei=ED6fUOnfHKKOyAGWkoHQBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=185&vpy=413&dur=755&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=117&ty=147&sig=102780173158881462188&page=3&tbnh=132&tbnw=147&start=63&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:43,s:20,i:258) should work for me:smalltongue:

Athaleon
2012-11-11, 12:59 AM
Glad to have made it in :smallbiggrin:

I'll have a portrait up shortly, but Arvus will use my usual Sienna as his speech color.

Arvus Thrane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462641)

Von Krieger
2012-11-11, 01:30 AM
Glad to have made it in :smallbiggrin:

I'll have a portrait up shortly, but Arvus will use my usual Sienna as his speech color.

Does that mean that once you get hit by a fire spell you'll post in Burnt Sienna?

Athaleon
2012-11-11, 01:41 AM
No, because nobody uses that crayon!

<seinfeld>
And what's the deal with "burnt" sienna being lighter than sienna? Shouldn't it be darker?
</seinfeld>

Edit: Character Portrait


http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3017/magussq.jpg

Von Krieger
2012-11-11, 02:46 AM
"Well, someone has to say it. What are you all in for?"

VKmuse: I didn't do nuffin'! I swears I's innocent! Cross me 'art, 'ope to d... oh wait.



"Well, someone has to say it. What are you all in for?"

VKmuse: Three counts of unlawful public copulation with a young punk who asks stupid questions.



"Well, someone has to say it. What are you all in for?"

VKmuse: Pulled the tag off of my mattress.



"Well, someone has to say it. What are you all in for?"

VKmuse: I found Waldo.

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-11, 03:00 AM
Don't mention that jerk Waldo to me:smallannoyed: He owes me big money, after I copy and plastered his face on all them saps... and changed his own so he could avoid the feds.

Now, to find him, and collect. One way, or the organ bank way.

Arthurian
2012-11-11, 09:25 AM
Here is Michael (http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/Mark_Orapello/KidDevil1face.jpg) (Fused (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=466066))

Here is the color I'm going with Red. Is that a surprise to anyone? I feel like I should have gone with blue to be contradictory but that would have gotten old.

And here is a square picture of Michael (http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/Mark_Orapello/KidDevil1face.jpg). I miss anything?

Edit: Oh, right, where are my manners. (Gone. It's an evil game of course.) Kidding! I just woke up, sorry! Thank you very much for the chance to play DM Voon Krieger.

Sjurd
2012-11-11, 10:54 AM
Reporting in! I have added Tom's character sheet to my signature for easy reference.

Also, Tom will be speaking in dim gray.

Starbin
2012-11-11, 02:07 PM
Did our resident evil mad scientist just make a Lilo and Stitch reference? That may be the true corruption of this game- perversion of a Disney classic ... well played!

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-11, 02:33 PM
Ya, I'm making refences to several "life" and "mad scientist" things I've read/seen.

For example? My Rap sheet says #42:smalltongue:

Starbin
2012-11-11, 03:16 PM
My Rap sheet says #42:smalltongue:

Well that's the answer ... But what's the question?

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-11, 03:18 PM
Doesn't matter. If we find both of them, the universe will be replaced with something even stranger.

Won't stop me from cutting things open though:smalltongue:

meemaas
2012-11-11, 06:59 PM
Ruuk will speak in blue, only because Red was already taken.

Von Krieger
2012-11-12, 02:50 AM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3892/prisonoots01.png

There's our current map lineup for the moment, as I'm missing player provided tokens from Black Tom, Ruuk, and Krohl. Tom I'm not expecting anything from, since there is only that one picture of a Gloom. But Team Orc can surely find better representational images than the silliness I've assigned them.

NPC's will feature a white border around their boxes on the battle maps, and any allies the PC's might manage to acquire will be outlined with bright lime green.

Von Krieger
2012-11-12, 03:58 AM
Did I forget to hand out the "criminal" bonus traits?

Starbin
2012-11-12, 10:23 AM
But Team Orc can surely find better representational images than the silliness I've assigned them.

I added a link to an image for Krohl with my character info (on post #4 above).


Did I forget to hand out the "criminal" bonus traits?

I don't think you said anything specifically, but I think I've got the right one for attempted murder. Not sure about the others, though ...

Finally, some rolls:
Sense Motive (vs DC 25): [roll0]
Perception check (vs DC 20): [roll1]
Sense Motive (vs DC 15): [roll2]

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-12, 10:28 AM
Lucky orc:smallbiggrin:

in anycase, lets see if the doctor can think of a way out of these chains.... Less you can mug him and take the keys barehanded:smalltongue:

Starbin
2012-11-12, 11:20 AM
Sorry the reply took a bit ... trying to respond to the various elements in VK's post, without just posting, "Okay."

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-12, 11:22 AM
K, I have a scape plan, but I'll need some raw meterials. Why? So I can make lockpicks.... or a shive for our rouge:smallbiggrin:

Arthurian
2012-11-12, 08:14 PM
I think the answer to our problem is , among other things, fire (http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/guildsbounty/EscapePlans.jpg).

Von Krieger
2012-11-12, 09:47 PM
Lets see, is this a standard prision, and what is th standard breaking point of iron and steel again.... Matthazar Grims face furrows, thinking....

I'm not sure how to convey this information in character. OOC, sure, that's easy.

In order to outright break them one would need inhuman strength. You'd need Str 22 and a roll of 20, or a take 20.

They have Hardness 10 and 5 HP if you've going to damage them or need that for something.

Though some lockpicks will shortly be forthcoming.

Arthurian
2012-11-12, 11:22 PM
For the sake of speed I'm assuming he'd free all of us eventually. If I'm wrong I'll go back and change it. XD

Arthurian
2012-11-13, 01:09 AM
Von Krieger, question if I may? Can Michael spend the minute necessary for his summoning ritual? Would it make to much noise and attract the guards?

Von Krieger
2012-11-13, 02:49 AM
I would think you can do so without making it too noisy. The guards haven't really bothered while the lot of you have been talking, so I'd say summoning wouldn't be an issue.

Starbin
2012-11-14, 01:06 AM
Um, Tom can have the blade, but Krog isn't just handing over the veil. And he already took out the picks and used them to free everyone, so he can't really take those either.

Von Krieger
2012-11-14, 11:18 AM
While Tom may not have eyes, he should know that Krohl also has some skill with lock picking. Since he's the one that, you know, just unlocked the entire party? :P

Starbin
2012-11-15, 11:48 AM
@Von Krieger - Do we know the normal schedules of the guards? Routine checks, food, guard changes, anything like? If we have an idea, it would probably make sense to move when they were in-between checks.

However, if we don't know that, then we might as well move out now.

Did all those guards that escorted Krohl go back towards the meeting room, or did they head somewhere else?

Athaleon
2012-11-15, 03:58 PM
Just letting everyone know, I'm having a minor medical procedure done so I will not be able to post on November 16-18. Don't feel the need to wait up for me (or the DM can play my character to keep things moving along).

Sjurd
2012-11-15, 04:38 PM
While Tom may not have eyes, he should know that Krohl also has some skill with lock picking. Since he's the one that, you know, just unlocked the entire party? :P

Tom just thinks he's better. :smalltongue:

Von Krieger
2012-11-16, 09:10 AM
@Von Krieger - Do we know the normal schedules of the guards? Routine checks, food, guard changes, anything like? If we have an idea, it would probably make sense to move when they were in-between checks.

However, if we don't know that, then we might as well move out now.

Did all those guards that escorted Krohl go back towards the meeting room, or did they head somewhere else?

Not really, since there's nobody in the cell block. Two of them pop in and make sure you guys are still there and not prematurely dead or anything every few hours. But you can't really see when they change the guard.

Food has been sporadic. It's not like you guys are going to starve to death before they kill ya.

The extra guards went rattling and clanking down the stairs elsewhere. You heard faint mentions of Blackerly's nightly card game in the gatehouse, however, and the lot of them did head off in a relative hurry.

Starbin
2012-11-17, 12:50 PM
Of course, after I wrote my post I realized that Herr Doktor might have started drooling over the possibility of attaching an ogre arm to one of us ...

Von Krieger
2012-11-17, 12:56 PM
Just hope he doesn't ever find good anesthetic. You might go to sleep and wake up with an ogre's buttocks.

"Ve cannot let any part of ze donor go to waste!"

Starbin
2012-11-17, 01:18 PM
Just hope he doesn't ever find good anesthetic. You might go to sleep and wake up with an ogre's buttocks.

"Ve cannot let any part of ze donor go to waste!"

Good safety tip, Egon. :smallsmile:

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-17, 01:21 PM
Need to buy some drow knockout poison.... Well, i'l link this very nice set of poisions later. I think one of them should do the trick.

Von Krieger
2012-11-18, 07:06 PM
Michael, if you'd be so kind as telling me which spells you're casting? I'd rather not play 20 questions with my own memory and trying to figure them out by appearance.

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-18, 07:08 PM
Also, as the spells reach me, you would feel a prickling, and a vague sense of unease. A divine magic void, remeber:smalltongue:

Arthurian
2012-11-18, 08:35 PM
Sorry about that! Michael cast a lot of message spells (Arcane spells), trying to include everyone (or at least as many people as he could get). That'll get easier at later levels when it includes more people. XD I've learned that a spell that lets you communicate via whispers over distances is handy for making with the tactics.

On himself, he cast Mage Armor.

And finally, just a second ago, he cast Cure Light Wounds on our friendly neighbor Grumblejack.

Starbin
2012-11-18, 11:29 PM
For the record, Grumblejack is free, yes? Also, are we at the door of the guard room, making new perception checks? If so, here's mine ...[roll0]

EDIT: sigh ... Nm

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-18, 11:31 PM
Wonder if the doctor knows?

[roll0]

Edit; damn, a 19? The Doctor hears 'em:smallamused:

meemaas
2012-11-18, 11:32 PM
Ruuk has the perception of a blind monkey with no sense of smell. [roll0]

Von Krieger
2012-11-18, 11:36 PM
For the record, Grumblejack is free, yes? Also, are we at the door of the guard room, making new perception checks? If so, here's mine ...

Yup, he's free and you're at the door of the guard room.

Von Krieger
2012-11-19, 09:19 AM
Is there something I need to reply to?

Arthurian
2012-11-19, 03:37 PM
Maybe Grumblejacks reaction to the healing spell Michael used, but save that it doesn't seem like anything till we open the door.

Starbin
2012-11-21, 09:18 AM
Hmmm ... Wonder what those rolls mean ... If I had to guess, we might have been detected on the first attempt and second attempt ... damn low stealth rolls!

Here's hoping there's a plus for them being distracted or something ...:smallsmile:

Von Krieger
2012-11-21, 09:21 AM
Um... I think I forgot what I was doing in the middle of things >.<

Starbin
2012-11-21, 09:54 AM
heh ... Um, I think we were busting in on those dudes and they were TOTALLY UNAWARE!

:smallbiggrin:

Von Krieger
2012-11-21, 10:35 AM
There we go.

Arthurian
2012-11-21, 10:44 AM
Do we have a surprise round on them?

Von Krieger
2012-11-21, 10:45 AM
Nope. They figure something's up.

Arthurian
2012-11-21, 10:57 AM
Do we have higher initiative thanks to having readied ourselves to attack?

Von Krieger
2012-11-21, 10:58 AM
If you roll higher than they do, yes. :P

Arthurian
2012-11-21, 11:06 AM
Ah, I see. Worth a shot.

As a tip, a DM usually rolls initiative for us. It goes a lot quicker to simply tell us when to go as opposed to waiting for all of us to roll OOC.

[roll0]

Von Krieger
2012-11-21, 11:08 AM
I'd do that, but my brain isn't working at full steam at the moment, and I probably ought to be more lucid than I am before delving into something important like combat.

Arthurian
2012-11-21, 11:23 AM
Wheres the fun in that though? It's like saying you game without sugar. Just not right man. Not at all.

Athaleon
2012-11-21, 11:24 AM
Oh boy, action!

Initiative: [roll0]

meemaas
2012-11-21, 02:58 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Starbin
2012-11-21, 03:33 PM
Nope. They figure something's up.

I guess Black Tom might have been right ... maybe he was better :smallredface:

Initiative check: [roll0]

Von Krieger
2012-11-23, 09:44 AM
Initiative rolls for players whom I'm presuming are fighting off Turkey Golems and Gelatinous Cans.

[roll0][roll1]

Athaleon
2012-11-23, 05:19 PM
Stop the presses! I didn't even notice it, but that first attack roll I made with the maneuver was a natural 20.

Confirm: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If this kills the guard, Krohl would have put his fist in the other guard's face.

Edit: Nope

Von Krieger
2012-11-23, 07:14 PM
[roll0]

Roll of 1-20 means the guard misses his AoO, anything higher means it hits.

Starbin
2012-11-23, 07:20 PM
I guess I thought there were no attacks of opportunity when you're flat-footed... which I guess you are until you're initiative, right?

Of course, they might have Combat reflexes, so I guess I'll be quit now...

Von Krieger
2012-11-23, 07:32 PM
I can never remember what the flat-footed rules are. >.<

Is it flat footed until their turn rolls around?

meemaas
2012-11-23, 07:39 PM
You are always flat-footed in the first round of combat, until such time that you take your action, unless you have an ability or feat that says otherwise.

Arthurian
2012-11-23, 07:43 PM
What he said. Also, bam!

And yeah, the turkey revolution was a tough one this year. They came in great numbers and my house only had two people in it to defend ourselves. We... we lost some good plates...

Von Krieger
2012-11-23, 07:47 PM
Ours was rather interesting, we had around 25 people and 9 dogs.

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-23, 07:48 PM
Canadan thanksgiving was last month. We had 4 guys (me, my dad and my 2 bros) my mom, 2 pugs, a Lab and a cat. Turkey never stood a chance.

Arthurian
2012-11-23, 07:57 PM
Question, just to be sure. We divide the xp reward up by 6, right? Sorry, I'm used to games where DM's keep track of that and just tell you when you level. XD Or level you when the story demands it.

Von Krieger
2012-11-23, 08:08 PM
Yup, it's divided by 6. But I'm keeping track of the general XP total, so you don't have to worry about it.

Athaleon
2012-11-23, 08:43 PM
Meet the Heavy: Grumblejack

We need to find this ogre a pair of enchanted holiday mittens and a buffalo steak sandvich. Unfortunately, we probably won't get him a minigun — By Paizo's firearms rules, it would cost 15,000 gold coins to fire the weapon for one full round action.

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-23, 08:48 PM
I know a 3.5 steam chain gun that only costs 2250gp for the gun, and 2-300go for a drum of 200 bullets.

Starbin
2012-11-24, 12:29 PM
Given the loot, Krohl would probably fancy a Longsword and chain shirt. He'd also pocket the keys for later (assuming the footlockers aren't in this room). Questions about the room/area
- Guessing Gumblejack was in Rm 19, but were the other cells all empty?
- Are those stairs leading down, in the southwest corner?
- What the heck is that in he southeast corner, one of those gaping maws from the Tomb of Horrors?
- Are either of the chumps still alive?
- Does the room Krohl met Tiadora in look the same?

(Not-so) random perception checks for whatever might be needed : [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

EDIT: Damn eyelids keep getting in the way of my eyes! And no, Grimsage Matt, I DON'T want you to fix it! :smallsmile:

Sjurd
2012-11-24, 01:51 PM
Yikes! I thought everyone would have taken a break over the holiday. Indeed, I lost in battle to the Turkey Golem several times, taking subdual damage into the negatives and losing consciousness.

Von Krieger
2012-11-24, 02:37 PM
- Guessing Gumblejack was in Rm 19, but were the other cells all empty?

That is correct. Grumbles was in 19 and all the others are empty.


- Are those stairs leading down, in the southwest corner?

They are.


- What the heck is that in he southeast corner, one of those gaping maws from the Tomb of Horrors?

That is a fireplace. Investigation shows that the kitchen's fireplace one floor down shares the same chimney. You can see soup, biscuits, and some ham cooking down there.

Pretty much everyone can smell them cooking.


- Are either of the chumps still alive?

Neither of them is dead yet, Left is at -4 HP and Right is at -1. Likely down another HP or two from the treatment of having their gear stripped off.


- Does the room Krohl met Tiadora in look the same?

Exactly the same save for the fact that it doesn't have a strange woman inside of it anymore. :P

Also I've added a 'bestiary' for the common mooks that have been offed during the campaign. Mostly for my own uses, so I don't have to go "Oh, what the hell was these guys AC again? Where is it in this damn book?"

BESTIARY
PRISON GUARD
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5450/soldier11baronsoldier02.png
HP: 13 (2d10+2)
Init +1; Senses: Perception +2
AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+4 armor, +2 shield, +1 Dex)
Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1
Speed: 30 ft.
Melee: longsword +5 (1d8+2/19–20)
Ranged: longbow +2 (1d8/ื3)

Loot
Chain Shirt
Heavy Steel Shield
Longsword
Club
Longbow
20 Arrows
Footlocker Key

Sjurd
2012-11-24, 04:14 PM
My skill check rolls for this character:

4, 4, 5, 3

Also, that's some very nice retro artwork, DM. I saw Wreck-It Ralph yesterday and it was a pleasant reminder.

Von Krieger
2012-11-24, 04:39 PM
My brain has been stuck inside Final Fantasy IV for the past 20 years and doesn't seem keen on letting go of it at all. So I use appropriate sprites on Maptool.

Originally I was going to translate the game maps in RPGMaker to using the FFIV tileset, but dealing with walls and doorways made that unworkable, essentially having to add 3-5 tiles of height per interior wall in order to look nice.

So instead I'm just using the maps right out of the book. Works very nice once you figure out the scale used and the map aligned properly. The grid coordinates thing also works out extremely nicely for PbP games.

Arthurian
2012-11-24, 06:21 PM
Michael has fire resistance five. At the worst, that campfire will do a point of damage to him. He could always climb down, put it out, and suddenly we're going out through the kitchen. No one will suspect such a thing at least. Then again, no one might suspect us escaping anyway, so it might be a horrible way to go.

Von Krieger
2012-11-24, 06:46 PM
Also, due to computerized dice rollers being summoned from the deepest, darkest layers of the abyss, I'm thinking about instituting Hero Points (the Pathfinder optional rule) and Action Points (Of the DnD 4e sort) to try and balance out the inherent wickedness of the roller.

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-24, 06:50 PM
Shouldn't they be Villian points:smallconfused:

:smalltongue:

Athaleon
2012-11-24, 06:54 PM
I was about to say that we are the heroes, because most villains aren't psychopaths but believe they're doing good according to their own worldview. But then I remembered, we are a band of utter psychopaths.

Arvus has more mental gymnastics to do... but for now he's focusing on getting out of Branderscar.

Von Krieger
2012-11-24, 11:03 PM
Mythweavers lacks the option to change the Hero Point column into the Villain Point column.

Sjurd
2012-11-25, 12:44 AM
Mythweavers lacks the option to change the Hero Point column into the Villain Point column.

*shakes fist*

They will rue this day. Rue it, I say!

Starbin
2012-11-25, 01:40 AM
*shakes fist*

They will rue this day. Rue it, I say!

Heard on yelled at the turkey drippings - "You will roux the day!"

Heard at a Hunger Games signing - "You will Rue the day!"

Heard in French class - "Tu vas ๊tre rue de jour!"

Okay, maybe a stretch, but it was all I could come up with on short notice ... and no, French is not one of my languages at all, so apologies to all my Francophile friends.

:smallsmile:

Von Krieger
2012-11-25, 01:52 AM
Heard in Australia: "You will 'Roo the day, mate!"

Starbin
2012-11-25, 02:41 AM
Well played, VK ... I knew I missed one in there!

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-25, 03:16 AM
Bow, as the meterials are at negative hp, and out cold, you want your friendly mad doctor to proform some first aid?

Starbin
2012-11-25, 03:21 AM
You could definitely have one to play with. Oh, wait ... can you perform a quick procedure that would reduce the guard's ability to speak above a whisper? Cuz that would be keen ... and probably pretty yucky. But mostly keen.

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-25, 03:34 AM
I'll need a dagger, and let's see if there's any cutlery in here. I'll be taking a penalty for using substand gear, but should have a +9 or so.

Would it be possible to use my knowledge of xenoalcheny to make a level 0 (costemtic) "graft" or alteration to reduce the volume of vocal noise they can make?

Sjurd
2012-11-25, 11:10 AM
If you cut his vocal cords, he can still speak at a whisper. Also, you can borrow Tom's dagger for a bit. :smallwink:

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-26, 09:21 PM
Heal Checks to Stablize them Suckers
[roll0]
[roll1]

"Heal" check to surgical damage their vocal chords, but not harm them.... much.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit; Now that is how a mad scientist operates on a pair of guards:smallbiggrin: Chop shop ready, now to IC it.

Von Krieger
2012-11-26, 09:29 PM
Can I get the links to your classes again?

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-26, 09:34 PM
Xenoalchemist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205119) and Gramirest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252794).

A freindly one stop shop for Surgery and Terrible biological monsters.

Starbin
2012-11-27, 01:30 AM
Actually, Tom never got a chance to see the potion ... That was when he tried to be 'grabby' and take the potion and picks from Krohl.

Any Spellcraft checks would need to be made now, I guess.

Sjurd
2012-11-27, 07:53 AM
Okey-dokes, then.

Spellcraft check to identify the potion [roll0]

Von Krieger
2012-11-28, 07:25 PM
And the potion is...

A bottle of Diet Sprite!

No, actually, it's Cure Light Wounds.

Von Krieger
2012-11-29, 01:51 AM
Any of the other PC's have questions they want answered? I't'd be easier for me to just write one big post.

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-29, 01:55 AM
Eh, I just preped them for the Khrols. He can ask the questions.

Starbin
2012-11-30, 10:36 AM
Hmm ... guess Krohl is the only one asking questions ... with a 'kinda-intimidating' demon in the back :smallsmile:

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-30, 10:37 AM
And a mad Scientist humming cheerfully:smallbiggrin: I'm not being intimidating, I'm just being creepy.

Von Krieger
2012-12-01, 08:25 AM
I'll proceed the IC thread tomorrow. I'm still feeling down after the City of Heroes shut down earlier tonight.

Arthurian
2012-12-01, 09:52 AM
That was totally a 15 for taking ten. Totally.... a very casual aid for intimidation.

Starbin
2012-12-05, 09:33 AM
Sorry, work kicked me in the junk and I've been swamped. Will try to post later today. In the meantime ..."Krohl glares menacingly"

:smallbiggrin:

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-05, 09:39 AM
The Good Doctor is looking apprasinly at what he's refering to "Raw Meterials" outloud, wondering if we could maybe take one of them? Not as a hostage, but I'm currently in need of meterials to work with.

Von Krieger
2012-12-07, 10:19 AM
Up to the other party members. Speak up other party members. I'll advance things to downstairs peeking out at the guarded hallway tomorrow.

Starbin
2012-12-07, 10:24 AM
I thought my last post was clear - I left Grumblejack and Grim ALONE with the raw mat ... er guards. If it wasn't clear, well, that was specifically for them to do what they wanted to do. Two incapacitated guards who can't scream. A pi$$ed-off ogre who wants vengeance. A clinically detached mad scientist who needs a pound or two of flesh. Looks like a party!

Von Krieger
2012-12-07, 10:26 AM
I meant the OTHER other party members. The ones who hadn't posted yet.

Starbin
2012-12-13, 11:27 AM
Okay, VK, looks like we have a consensus ... waiting for the guards to get closer and turn before we jump out get them.

Von Krieger
2012-12-13, 08:40 PM
Initiative rolls...

[roll0]

PC's in alphabetical order, Grumblejack, NPC's.

Also Michael's character sheets are giving me sheet ID errors. :(

Starbin
2012-12-14, 11:16 AM
I'm surprised ... a decent attack roll AND good damage!

Hopefully the remainder of our 'troops' can take out the already injured second guard ...

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-14, 11:17 AM
Need to ask a question. A severed leg is treated as a improvised club, right?

Starbin
2012-12-14, 11:19 AM
Cuz the mad scientist could just beat them with a normal club, right?

You sicko! :smallbiggrin:

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-14, 11:21 AM
I work with what I got:smallbiggrin:

I don't have a normal club right now and I gave the Dagger back to Blacl Tom:smallfrown: So, now to hit them with severed body parts.

Starbin
2012-12-14, 11:27 AM
Well, you could have picked up a club from the guards (part of the phat loot we got). But from an RP perspective, I think hitting them with a femur is much grosser!

Von Krieger
2012-12-15, 05:10 PM
A femur? I'm using Final Fantasy IV graphics, not Secret of Evermore graphics. :P

But yeah, go ahead.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-17, 08:57 AM
k, natural 20 with a sace of limbs to the face:smallbiggrin: Now, to confirm the crit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

K, no crit, but he got a sack of bloody limbs to the face.

Starbin
2012-12-17, 10:10 AM
He's wobbly, but he still hasn't gone down. One more blow ought to do it.

Unless it's for 1 pt of damage :smallbiggrin:

Well, I know Michael and Black Tom haven't acted, but since Arvus goes first after the surprise round and smacks 'em again for 10 points, maybe we can just forgoe the pleasantries ... :smallsmile:

Starbin
2012-12-26, 03:44 PM
Okay, happy holidays and all that good stuff to you all! I've got a couple of days of decent posting, then I'm down to my cell for posting until 7 Jan (yuck!). So check the signature, and NPC as necessary!

Von Krieger
2012-12-28, 12:01 PM
Need y'all to come to some kind of consensus or at least have a couple folks give input before I can write up the post.

Starbin
2013-01-09, 09:58 AM
Hello? Is there anybody listening? Just checking in with the new year, I suppose!

meemaas
2013-01-09, 10:06 AM
I'm still here, but i think we've lost the majority of the party nonetheless.

Athaleon
2013-01-09, 10:44 AM
Still here.

Grimsage Matt
2013-01-09, 10:51 AM
I hide behind the meatshields. Am awaiting the choice of victems.

Von Krieger
2013-01-09, 01:00 PM
I'm also present, I've just been dealing with a few small issues.

I'll post a continuation later today.

Von Krieger
2013-01-09, 09:20 PM
Looks like we;re down two, but I kind of expected that.

Would you guys like me to try and recruit two more, bring in an NPC, or just let things go on as they are with the four of ya?

Starbin
2013-01-09, 09:32 PM
Well, assuming you think we're okay, I'm willing to press on with the core group.

meemaas
2013-01-09, 09:32 PM
I think we can handle it with four players, but if we are looking for new players, i have a friend who may be interested in joining.

Athaleon
2013-01-09, 09:37 PM
Let's press on with the core group for now, I'm all right with trying to recruit two more people if we want/need to.

Starbin
2013-01-22, 10:50 AM
Here's my checks on the remaining chests. I'll add the +2 for totals after the first success :smallsmile:
Chest 2: [roll0] Fail
Chest 3: [roll1] Fail
Chest 4: [roll2] Fail
Chest 5: [roll3] Fail
Chest 8: [roll4] SUCCESS (Finally!)
Chest 9: [roll5]
Take 10 on Chests 2, 3, 4, 5 and 9

Extra rolls, if necessary: [roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]


Edit ... so ... after 11 rolls, I managed to succeed on two chests. Two. Gotta love averaging 8.5 ...

Actually, after a success and the +2 bonus, Krohl can take 10 and succeed on the rest. So that means 10 attempts ... one minute time elapsed. Done!

Von Krieger
2013-01-24, 02:28 PM
OOC - I think we found clothes in the sack from the veil ... not sure if that matters for ya, but I figured we all had normal clothes on

I was going "I could've sworn I gave them clothes in the bag from the veil. Did I forget to do that? WHAT ELSE COULD I BE FORGETTING!? D:"

Von Krieger
2013-01-28, 11:01 PM
Apologies for delays on my end, but there are some family difficulties going on at the moment that make it difficult to concentrate.

Starbin
2013-01-28, 11:10 PM
Real life always trumps gaming. Take care of your family and we'll catch up later!

meemaas
2013-02-03, 09:06 PM
Wow, didn't even notice that post. Good luck with your family problems, and i hope you resolve them without problems.

Von Krieger
2013-02-22, 04:04 PM
Sorry I've been absent, nut I'm back and things are going pretty well at the moment.

So who do I have still around?

meemaas
2013-02-22, 04:08 PM
I'm still around. Been busy, but still here. I just keep forgetting to post. But I promise you I haven't dropped.

Starbin
2013-02-22, 04:20 PM
Here, and ready to smash Fat Black in the face!

Von Krieger
2013-02-22, 04:22 PM
Good to hear!

I woke up to find the sixth and final module of the campaign ready for download in my inbox this morning. :D

Athaleon
2013-02-22, 04:52 PM
Still here, and ready for action.

Starbin
2013-02-28, 09:23 PM
Stealth: [roll0]

Goodness my ability to roll over 5 on these boards is soooo limited. Glad I'm the rogue!

meemaas
2013-02-28, 09:51 PM
Stealth roll [roll0]

I hope i get a bonus for the opposed check for keeping my distance

Von Krieger
2013-02-28, 10:10 PM
...aaaand the family issues are back to the point where I'm on moving out standby again.

Considering we've been at this point five or six times over the past few years, nothing may come of it, but yeah, family issues over which I have no control over are rearing their ugly head again.

Starbin
2013-02-28, 10:28 PM
Hey, take care of you and yours ... We can hang!

Athaleon
2013-02-28, 10:30 PM
We're all still here, so take all the time you need.

Stealth roll, because all the cool kids are doing it:

[roll0]

meemaas
2013-02-28, 10:34 PM
Patience is a virtue, and the three of us have enough of it to wait as long as you need to take. Good luck. Hope nothing bad comes out of it.

Starbin
2013-04-29, 10:23 PM
What the ... Do mine eyes deceive me? Hip, hip hooray!

Perception check: [roll0]

Thank the gods the die roller hasn't lost a step!

meemaas
2013-04-29, 11:09 PM
I'm not gonna be much help, but hey. [roll0]

Starbin
2013-05-16, 11:41 PM
I know we were trying to get back into it ... hopefully we didn't relapse!

Von Krieger
2013-05-16, 11:55 PM
Ran out of pain medication and have been spending most of my time asleep or without energy.

Starbin
2013-05-17, 12:02 AM
Gotcha ... stay strong, VK - sending healthy thoughts your way!