PDA

View Full Version : Paladin-ish prestige classes

herrhauptmann
2012-11-11, 08:05 PM
I'm working on a prestige class that going to have a bit of paladin feel to it. But rather than advancing existing spell casting, it's going to provide its own. The spells will focus primarily on these keywords: positive energy, light, good, holy. (There's a matching evil class with a wizard feel that focuses on negative energy, darkness, evil, and unholy)

Anyway, I'm having trouble setting up the casting as I'd like it, so I'd like to take a look at some other paladin-ish PrCs to see how they set up their casting progression and spell selection.
I know of the following that grant their own casting off the top of my head.
Hellreaver has a paladin feel, but no casting.
Prestige paladin advances existing casting

{table=head]Class|Book|Bab|Spell levels|Notes
Knight of the weave|C.Valor|Medium|6 in 10|Meh casting
Pious Templar| CD|Full | 4 in 10|Paladin spells
Suel Arcanamach|CA|Medium|5 in 10|Gish wizard spells
ConsecratedHarrier|CD|Full|4 in 10|Ranger spells
Divine Crusader|CD|Medium|9 in 10|Domain spells only
Holy Liberator|CD|Full|4 in 10|Paladin spells minus law
Valarian|BoED|Full|4 in 10|Nature themed spells
Gwynharwyf|BOED|Full|4 in 10|hmmm
Emmisary Barachiel|BOED|Medium|4 in 10|ummm
Slayer of Domiel|BOED|Medium|4 in 10|Good/Assassin type spells
Vassal of Bahamut|BOED|Full|4 in 10|Very low cast, paladin

[/table]
I need to get access to my books again. I know I should check Complete Champion, Complete Divine, and Exalted Deeds. The fiendish codexes might have more, but all that's coming to mind is Knight of Chalice, which advances prior casting too.

Does anyone know of any other PrCs I should check? If not, any particular books that you know will help my search? (Extending searches to include arcane as well. Not too many prestige classes with their own casting, especially melee type ones)

Books Checked:
BoED, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane. Complete Champion, Complete Divine, Champions of Valor,

mattie_p
2012-11-11, 09:01 PM
This class does not provide its own casting but check out Ruby Knight Vindicator. Tasty. Crusader + prestige paladin + RKV = good.

herrhauptmann
2012-11-11, 09:37 PM
This class does not provide its own casting but check out Ruby Knight Vindicator. Tasty. Crusader + prestige paladin + RKV = good.

A good suggestion for a powerful prc, but I'm not trying to break my prc :smallwink:, I actually want it to get approved in games.

Isn't RKV evil only though? I thought it was for WeeJas crusaders.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-11-11, 09:49 PM
A good suggestion for a powerful prc, but I'm not trying to break my prc :smallwink:, I actually want it to get approved in games.

Isn't RKV evil only though? I thought it was for WeeJas crusaders.

Wee Jas is a LN deity of death and magic. A paladin entry would be unusual, but not illegal, IIRC.

Coidzor
2012-11-11, 10:02 PM
Knights of the Weave is all the times getting mistook for Pallies.

herrhauptmann
2012-11-11, 10:10 PM
Wee Jas is a LN deity of death and magic. A paladin entry would be unusual, but not illegal, IIRC.
Ahh, gotchya.

Knights of the Weave is all the times getting mistook for Pallies.
Added to opening post. See, I'm not asking you guys to do all the work for me.

IdleMuse
2012-11-11, 10:27 PM
This may be of some use to you http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8664

Averis Vol
2012-11-11, 10:36 PM
theres the triadic knight from champions of valor. Advances whatever class you previously had.

Coidzor
2012-11-12, 12:11 AM
Oh, garn. I forgot, there was actually an attempt at making a master list of PrCs that grant casting compiled around here about 2 or 3 years ago.

I think this is it. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181091)

I don't think it's truly a master list or exhaustive because of Dragon Magazine, but...