PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite uses of Ghost Sound?

Cranthis
2012-11-11, 10:56 PM
As the title says. Personally, mine was a small prank against a fellow player.

His character was terrified of rats. He had a flaw for it, and stuck hard to it. So using ghost sound, I had him believe that rats were running around our camp all night.

navar100
2012-11-11, 11:49 PM
The party had to fight a giant snake-like creature which was the pet of a couple of ogres in another room. The pet's room was filled with junk. While the party fought the creature, I cast Ghost Sound by the other door leading to the ogres of rustling as if their pet was just moving around a lot in the hope the ogres would only hear that and not the combat. We didn't want to have to fight the ogres with the snake-like creature. It worked. At one point an ogre just banged on the door and barked to his pet to keep quiet.

Just today, different character, the party was attacked by Intellect Devourers at night. Some party members were still asleep after a couple of rounds. I cast Ghost Sound near them as a loud bang to wake them up saving precious time of me waking multiple party members at once instead of each individually by various awakened party members.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-11, 11:51 PM
Background music. Seriously. In a slightly silly campaign (4e, where it is at-will). Warforged Wizard. I was allowed a free Ghost Sound when Iniative was rolled. Which meant I had about 2 minutes IRL to find a suitable sound clip for the occasion before combat really started. It was great fun, as I usually got the mood perfectly or something hilariously inappropriate.

Sith_Happens
2012-11-12, 03:53 AM
I'm currently playing a wizard in a Legend of Zelda-based campaign. Should the party ever find itself in an unwinnable fight, I intend to create the sound of a chicken crying out in pain.:smallamused:

Togo
2012-11-12, 06:23 AM
I've seen it used as part of a magical-girl transformation sequence. The theme tune needs to play every time, so the character spent a round doing the whole sequence, light, costume change, music.

rockdeworld
2012-11-12, 07:03 AM
Whispering in every person's ear "She'd still be alive if it wasn't for you." Just to see who reacts.

BTB
2012-11-12, 07:38 AM
I'd have my rogue carry a wand of Ghost Sound around, to makes distractions whilst stealthing. I once simply made the sound of a large explosion at the ammunition store of a base, just after hiding an explosive runes note from the party wizard on said ammunition.

"Oh no, someone's at the ammunition dump!"

*All the guards run there*

"Start looking for clues!"

"I found something!"

"What's it say?"

"I prepared explosive runes this-"

*All the guards explode*

Good times.

Deathkeeper
2012-11-12, 08:32 AM
Background music. Seriously. In a slightly silly campaign (4e, where it is at-will). Warforged Wizard. I was allowed a free Ghost Sound when Iniative was rolled. Which meant I had about 2 minutes IRL to find a suitable sound clip for the occasion before combat really started. It was great fun, as I usually got the mood perfectly or something hilariously inappropriate.

This. Except my character would often only use the spell for instruments and sing it himself. However, I didn't use it for most of the campaign so the joke wouldn't be stale when I used it in conjunction with a familiar's perform check to belt out Piano Man. I still find it funny that my GM never saw that one coming.

Blue Lantern
2012-11-12, 01:47 PM
Having a cavalry charge accompanied by Wagner... a little cliched, sure but still cool. Didn't end well unfortunately.

Sudain
2012-11-12, 04:30 PM
Whispering in every person's ear "She'd still be alive if it wasn't for you." Just to see who reacts.

Would message work for this as well?

And that is amazing.

Lapak
2012-11-12, 04:42 PM
I can't say it's the most clever use, but my favorite use of the spell is to pretend that it's an Invisibility 10' Radius instead.

That is, whenever we have reason to suspect that an ambush is imminent I send ahead quiet footsteps, muffled clanking like armor, and/or soft sounds of voices whispering 'Shh!' and 'Be careful!' and the occasional 'Watch it!'

We've successfully sprung counter-ambushes a few times this way.

rockdeworld
2012-11-12, 09:11 PM
Would message work for this as well?

And that is amazing.
Yes it does, and was the original spell for this use :smallwink: