PDA

View Full Version : I need a good Favored Soul PrC!

Eonir
2012-11-12, 10:01 AM
So I'm playing with a DM who is low op. So to accommodate his play style I have made a Warlock//FavoredSoul(ehlonna) (it's a gestalt game). My character is a half-drow, going for the idea that he is torn between Lloth and Ehlonna. So on my warlock side I am going to go Hellfire Warlock, but I need a good PrC for my favored soul side.

So ideas? Any book goes.

And yes, I am going to dip sacred excorxcist.

toapat
2012-11-12, 10:13 AM
Divine Crusader is probably the class you are looking for. it is FVS the PrC.

FVS doesnt really have any supplemental material. most of the cleric and paladin stuff either needs Smite Evil or Turn undead or the mount to get into.

dextercorvia
2012-11-12, 11:26 AM
Divine Crusader is probably the class you are looking for. it is FVS the PrC.

FVS doesnt really have any supplemental material. most of the cleric and paladin stuff either needs Smite Evil or Turn undead or the mount to get into.

Divine Crusader doesn't add anything to FS that FS doesn't already get and better. There are a few niche exceptions (check out the ICOC for those), but those don't start as Favored Souls.

I would do a little more than dip Sacred Exorcist. I would take 4 levels. That way it fulfills its own prereq for Dispel Evil, and you can swap that spell known out for something else. After that, I'd try Contemplative.

eggs
2012-11-12, 01:45 PM
I'm always fond of Knight of the Raven on Favored Soul gishes (easy access, turning, a domain; loses a caster level, but has full BA and very useful melee abilities). And Favored of Bahamut/Tiamet means easy Hexer access, but that doesn't sound appropriate for this character specifically.

Otherwise, I'm all for scrounging as many domains as possible through PrC dips and shuffling them around with the Substitute Domain spell, in order to get a really funky array of spells known onto the FS.