PDA

View Full Version : Building a Lycanthrope

LanSlyde
2012-11-12, 11:53 AM
So, I got a wild idea last night at work and came home to build myself a a playable lycanthrope. To that end I naturally dove into the eberron books for Shifters.

Base started as Razorclaw, but I plan on picking up both gorebrute and wildhunt. I'm kinda at a loss for what to do with those last 5 levels however..

So far I have Barbarian 4/ Fighter 1/ Ranger1/ Weretouched Master 5/ Warshaper 4.

I have no idea on what to flesh out those last 5 levels. Does the playground have any suggestions?

This thing is probably going to completely forgo manufactured weapons, so just keep that in mind.

Feats so far:

We houserule that feats are gained at 1st, 2nd, and every other level.

(1) Shifter Ferocity: Gain Diehard when Shifting

(2) Extra Rage: +2

(4) Darkstalker

(5 (F1)) Close Quarters Fighting: Always take AoO to resist a grapple, Dmg
dealt is a bonus to the check

(6) Shifter Savagery: When both Raging and Shifting: Increase dmg die by 2 steps; 19-20 threat range

(8) Extra Shifter Trait: GoreBrute

(8(WM2)) Gorebrute Elite: Opposed Str chk to knock target prone on a charge

(10) Extra Trait: Wildhunt

(10(MW4)) Wildhunt Elite

(12) Shifter Stealth: Bonus to Hide/Move Silently = x2 Shifter Feats

(14) Multiattack: Seconday Natural Attacks are at -2

Sgt. Cookie
2012-11-12, 11:57 AM
Unarmed Swordsage, perhaps?

Gives you quite a few things to do, and gives you some extra boost to unarmed attacks.

Your starting IL would be.. 8, if I'm not mistaken, for 4th level manouvers.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-11-12, 12:08 PM
Important question, are you using the Errata for Weretouched Master? Because if so, it makes the class almost worthless.

LanSlyde
2012-11-12, 12:10 PM
Unarmed Swordsage, perhaps?

Gives you quite a few things to do, and gives you some extra boost to unarmed attacks.

Your starting IL would be.. 8, if I'm not mistaken, for 4th level manouvers.

Yeah not gonna lie, I personally have never liked the unarmed swordsage idea. The monk already has a tough time on his own, no reason to rub it in his face by turning the swordsage into the new monk.

LanSlyde
2012-11-12, 12:11 PM
Important question, are you using the Errata for Weretouched Master? Because if so, it makes the class almost worthless.

No we are not. The bonuses you get from WM 5 do not replace your stats, only enhance them.