PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e Firebender (custom class)

Paragon468
2012-11-12, 06:29 PM
I know this has been done multiple times before, but I decided to try my hand at a custom firebender class, inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I came up with some class features and a bunch of powers (up to level 16, minus Paragon Path powers). For now though, I'll just post the class features and first level powers to keep it simple.

I'm trying to keep it as balanced as possible. As it stands now, I put a character built from this against a fighter of about equal level and the same race. The firebender didn't stand a chance, so I tweaked some higher level powers (the bender was level 6, the fighter was level 5).

Any critiques and advice are most welcome, I would like some second, third, and fourth opinions on this.

FIREBENDER:

Role: Striker. You excel at taking down multiple targets with speed and skill.
Power Source: Elemental. You channel the energies of fire through your body to take down your foes.
Key Abilities: Dexterity, Intelligence, Charisma

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, simple ranged, light blades.
Implements: Weapons
Bonus to Defense: +1 Reflex, +1 Will

Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Healing Surges per Day: 6 + Constitution modifier

Trained Skills: Arcana. Choose four more skills from the list of class skills below.
Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Arcana (Int), Bluff (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), History (Int), Insight (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Stealth (Dex)

Class Features: Fighting Style, Fireblast, Elemental Heritage, Fire Resistance

Implements: Firebenders can use weapons which they are proficient in as firebending implements. While wielding a melee or ranged weapon, you may add the weapon’s enhancement bonus to your attack and damage rolls for powers with the “Fire” keyword.

Dragon Warrior Style: +2 attack and damage on attacks with the Fire keyword.
Once per encounter, if hit with a fire attack, force enemy to reroll attack and take lower result. If the attack fails, you get a basic melee or ranged attack against the target.

Military Bender Style: Gain proficiency with hide and chainmail armor, as well as weapon proficiency with heavy blades.
+1 Fortitude

Fireblast: At will; fire; Range 10; single target; 1D10 + Dex vs. Ref; Basic ranged

Elemental Heritage: A firebender takes his power from the sun: a firebender in bright daylight receives a +1 to attack and damage for fire based powers and abilities. This bonus is also activated when a firebender is within five squares of a source of light or heat taking up one square or more.
A firebender may also bend and control flame that takes up no more than one square, such as flame from a campfire or torch. The firebender may not use this flame to attack unless a power or feat specifically permits it.

Fire Resistence: Firebenders have a fire resistance of 5

I was going to post the 1st level powers, but I decided to get through this part first.

vasharanpaladin
2012-11-12, 07:17 PM
Yours is broken. Try this instead. (http://www.scribd.com/doc/16920521/COMPLETE-Avatar-the-Last-Airbender-A-Guide-to-Playing-Elemental-Heroes-in-Dungeons-and-Dragons-4th-Edition) :smallcool: