PDA

View Full Version : Total War: Broken City OOC 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Nyrt
2012-11-29, 07:18 AM
If the various prerequisites to become a citizen were just potential compromises then I think my Orcs are official citizen now.

I have the votes of the King, the Ram, the Lodstrom Party, and the Mercantile Guild.
Only Lord Founder, representing the old nobility, was against granting immediate citizenship.
Doctor Vassari is out of town and the EBSA seems to abstain. And even if they had voted against it my cause would still win 4:3.

Take that Nyrt :smalltongue:.

For the record, I personally am all for you guys, and I'm glad you succeeded, I just didn't want to break character.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-29, 11:22 AM
Holy crap, thatís exactly my reasons for disliking Ram. They only care about their own, while claiming to speak for the whole. And yeah, most of the people under their control, haven't actually voted for them. It might happen in three years, but who knows?

Though in all fairness, Champions shot down compromise, not Ram.

How do I only care for my own? I'm trying to get equal rights for citizens, and give them all a say in the government. I would take a poll of the entire city, but somehow I doubt many people would let my pollers in, nor would I trust most of the city to not bully their citizens into their answers.

As for the voting, unless votes are held every year (which would make for a government that is nearly impossible to run) this game hasn't run long enough for voting to take place! Why is everyone so huge on the voting! Name one country that elects their leader every 6 months. Exactly, none do. You have to have time between elections to actually get stuff done.

Your compromise was nothing but monarchy in a pretty package, razovor. That's not a compromise, that's trying to pull one over on the city - you were going to have the only elected house have almost no power that couldn't just be vetoed by the two non-elected houses of your cronies. What Wallen suggested, that is a compromise.

razovor
2012-11-29, 11:55 AM
Your compromise was nothing but monarchy in a pretty package, razovor. That's not a compromise, that's trying to pull one over on the city - you were going to have the only elected house have almost no power that couldn't just be vetoed by the two non-elected houses of your cronies. What Wallen suggested, that is a compromise.

You actually think that OOC?

I'm surprised. I thought you were just playing Constantine as stubborn.

I was trying to find something that gave each of the houses equal power. As far as I could see, you were trying to give the people the most power.

Rafinius
2012-11-29, 11:58 AM
@Nyrt: I wasn't seriously thinking that you would have any OOC concerns as a player.
I find it weird though that you are the only one disagreeing and still everyone tries to compromise with you. Respect towards the old nobility :smallbiggrin:?
What I actually am trying to achieve is that all the Orcs that came from Gregoria can trade, set up shops, build houses, vote, be electible for jury and all that other stuff that may probably need them to be citizen first. If I am only a citizen of Tregon I wouldn't be able to participate in any decisionmaking concerning only the city, but even IC my small village is very dependant on pretty much everything that the city provides. At least if it is supposed to grow.

EDIT: OOC I do agree with ForzaFiori on that particular matter. You wanted to give the majority no more rights than to suggest laws to the nobles (they were to agree or disagree on them), which the King in turn decides how to enact as the sole and infallible executive force.
If the Ram does not at least achieve to give officials (elected by the whole city by the way) some form of direct decisionmaking and the ability to overrule the King himself, then he will have failed completely. It is just IC that democracy other than mob rule is pretty much unknown

@Zemalac: How is it with women rights in Sav Altulas?

Eldan
2012-11-29, 11:58 AM
Really? You think that OOC? Because I'm off the same opinion, from what I could read. The people's house was pretty meaningless.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-29, 12:10 PM
Really? I felt that the new compromise was giving roughly equal power (or even still giving more to the nobles) since it has the same houses as before, just a new way to get into them. A select few rich and powerful make the laws - the people choose which rich and powerful people get to though.

Also, just out of curiosity, about how many noble families are there in the city that would be eligible for the house of lords?

Rafinius
2012-11-29, 12:39 PM
I remember 3 houses that are part of ESGE VIPs, some additional houses that got added later from Old Face/Risen Court, a large amount in the two parties of Lodstrom (new and old nobility), the initial alliance under Wallen that comprises his faction, Wrekan (EBSA supported), Hearthfeather (devout to Neposh), The clubs in Silvathrien, Betoui, Orthax, the Dwimmercant families and who knows how many more fisher houses.

Wrekan, Hearthfeather and the Silvathrien guys may not actually be nobles but the Heladuit Court may be. Also there is house Laurier. They are foreigners but they are probably the most powerful single noble house and the only faction controlling a whole district. At least that is what I understand, given that they haven't posted a backround post in the old OOC.

EDIT: Maybe Zemalac could make a more complete list of houses accepted by the Sav Altulan nobility to be part of the peerage, and maybe also the other houses that could be regarded as nobles, pending on the Kings view on the matter.

Nyrt
2012-11-29, 12:41 PM
@Rafinus: It's probably just the force of lord Founder's personality (and Realpolitik. That trait does come in handy). Personally, I just think it'd be really cold to deny citizenship to what are essentially refugees.

Thelonius
2012-11-29, 12:53 PM
Ram clearly defines citizens Ė as those who live in Runnerís City. That or there is a lack of vision, which BH finds unacceptable in those who engage in politics. Cursed Wardens.

Well, have the neighborhoods under your control voted to join Ram?

I agree with Ram on the issue of compromise. I was hoping for constitutional monarchy in that compromise.

Edit: Laurier are commoners.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-11-29, 01:04 PM
From what I read, almost everyone was behind Lord Wallen in that one.

Darn it, should've asked for a vote.

Thelonius
2012-11-29, 01:15 PM
I felt so as well. Vasari is just not the type to give encouragement - he values personal determination. If you think it's over, then it's over. A bit hypocritical of him...

Edit: My second thought was to expand the council to include all city factions and try to organize government from there.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-29, 01:17 PM
Ram clearly defines citizens Ė as those who live in Runnerís City. That or there is a lack of vision, which BH finds unacceptable in those who engage in politics. Cursed Wardens.

Well, have the neighborhoods under your control voted to join Ram?

I agree with Ram on the issue of compromise. I was hoping for constitutional monarchy in that compromise.

Edit: Laurier are commoners.

With the exception of The Pits, which they am currently holding while they repair the damage the gangs did before allowing them to vote on the matter, was incorporated after the people of the area supported the action. You don't really think I'd take, THEN convert do you? If they like you and are ok with it before you go in, the process goes much smoother. Kinda like when your with a woman.

Again, when has the revolution ever done something to prevent the people from gaining rights? In the political realm, Constantine have been the antithesis of the monarchists, fighting for the peoples rights to participate in government. They have assisted the council in several efforts, including the attack on the Librarian, the retaking of the palace, and the building of half a road. They have fought for the peoples rights at ever turn, in ever part of the city. They have worked to provide citizenship for our recent refugees, help those refugees of the war on the Librarian, helped to keep the economy of Smokeyards from foundering, and moderated talks in the recent Blackfist/Champions prison crisis. Heck, the Revolution was one of the first people pushing for a citywide council to provide stability for everyone. If there really is a time when they tried to hold down the people, show me where. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, just that I don't remember it (which doesn't mean much. I'm into the double digits in my concussion count)

Thelonius
2012-11-29, 02:07 PM
Hmm... I guess I have being judging Ram unfairly, mostly due to the Pepperstoch incident.

Though at this moment, BH's opinion of them has decreased, seeing the whole Gear's Chosen situation.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-29, 02:29 PM
Yea, the Revolution is for the people. If the pepperstoch thing had stayed a secret like it was supposed to, they wouldn't even have that against them.

Thelonius
2012-11-29, 03:08 PM
I was actually referring to the Warden's brutal suppression of people. As far as BH knows, Ram is uninvolved.

Murska
2012-11-29, 03:13 PM
The brutal suppression is hyperbole that Bloodhaven created out of thin air, in fact. What actually happened was some pretty large riots that were put down using water jets and shield walls, and a few people got trampled in the process.

Rafinius
2012-11-29, 03:47 PM
@Murska/razovor (Tregon) [PM]
I noticed that I put too much weight into RPing and too little into actually conveying what I am asking.Here's a list.
Are the Champions aiding the attack?
Do the Wardens really rather invest more stats into the mines alongside the Orcs instead of getting a sure payment not counting towards their stats?
If they do, would they prefer the recources split each turn depending on how much each of us invested or rather just go baseline 50-50? Both have their benefits and drawbacks but I'm okay with either.
What exactly do you want the Chosen to do regarding the mines? I'd rather not have them as constant partners in the mines,temporary contractors and longterm customers would be better.
What do you think of the suggestions regarding the fort and the watchtower?
You can answer IC normally. I just wanted to clarify what I am actually talking about.

razovor
2012-11-29, 04:12 PM
Really? I felt that the new compromise was giving roughly equal power (or even still giving more to the nobles) since it has the same houses as before, just a new way to get into them. A select few rich and powerful make the laws - the people choose which rich and powerful people get to though.

Well, no. You wanted the House of Commons I proposed, and to give the people power in the other houses. That's more popular power than my proposal, not less.

I asked if you'd have just the House of Lord and House of Merchants with positions being elected, and you said no.

Nyrt
2012-11-29, 04:18 PM
Huh. I just noticed the similarity between Tregon, the town across the river from a city with large magical university, and Trebon, a town across a river from a large magical university in The Name Of The Wind. I think I got the two names mixed up at some point, and I've noticed others doing that as well.

Thelonius
2012-11-29, 04:29 PM
In The Name of The Wind is a great book, though I didn't make this connection. I'm just surprised, that it's a trilogy. No way everything can be wrapped up in a single book now... Unless it's really, really thick I guess.

By the way, if anybody is interested in the super-heroes stories, here is one I really liked reading (http://parahumans.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/1-1/). I'm so making a TW out of it.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-11-29, 04:40 PM
I stop studying for a second, enter to check posts, and find this.

Thelonius, I hate you deeply. Great blog, no more studying today.

Thelonius
2012-11-29, 05:07 PM
Yeah... That's pretty much what happened to me. The world building is superb and the stakes go higher and higher. Plus the characters...

Nyrt
2012-11-29, 05:17 PM
Ooh... That could be good, I think. I would play that.

razovor
2012-11-29, 05:22 PM
It does seem pretty awesome so far.

Grimsage Matt
2012-11-29, 05:38 PM
Might read it. And just how to make a Somewhat evil fraction for it....

ForzaFiori
2012-11-29, 06:53 PM
Well, no. You wanted the House of Commons I proposed, and to give the people power in the other houses. That's more popular power than my proposal, not less.

I asked if you'd have just the House of Lord and House of Merchants with positions being elected, and you said no.

I meant that the idea Constantine supported provided equal footing to all three classes, or gave slightly more power to the nobles in relation to the popular people, not in relation to your proposal. What Constantine supported was certainly more powered by the people.

I was fine with the HoL being elected - that was the idea given. All houses are elected by the entirety of the city. Anyone can join the house of commons, but only nobles can be elected to the house of lords (there might even be a FEW permanent seats given to very prominent families, though not enough for them to have anywhere near a majority). The house of merchants still sounds like legal bribery, but I suppose if it takes the form of "donate X amount to the city and your eligible" it could be allowable, provide that, once again, they are elected from the eligible people by an open election. At least, that's what I read it as.

Nyrt
2012-11-29, 07:05 PM
Yeah, start with some absurd extreme, then compromise, get what you wanted originally. [edit]: nevermind, the post I was responding to vanished.

@thelonius: Curse you for stealing my time with good reading! Also, I now have SO many ideas for factions. Count me in, if you get around to it.

razovor
2012-11-29, 07:26 PM
I don't see why it would be necessary to have a house of commons, when the House of Lords and Merchants are being elected.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-29, 07:59 PM
so that the commoners can actually participate directly in the government, rather than solely choosing people to represent them. This way, we have the three sections of the populace (Nobility, the rich, and the poor) all represented in the houses, and the city as a whole elects each house - the nobles my vote for the merchants and commoners, the commoners may vote for the nobles and merchants, etc. It's more commonly found in democracies and limited monarchies than a house of merchants, after all, which is what I personally don't see a need for.

Rafinius
2012-11-29, 07:59 PM
Don't we normally use in character speech in the OOC to be funny or explain our factions viewpoints more or something? We all know that the King wants monarchy, but we were now evaluating the compromise as the players. Or do you really think what your saying? :smallconfused:

Eldan
2012-11-29, 08:06 PM
Well, I don't want to drag the discussion out here, but I will say that I thought, OOC, that the compromises James made were joke that left all the power with him.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-29, 08:06 PM
I tend to go back and forth between using a faction/character name and first person pronouns - tends to help me stay in character. I'm sorry if that confuses people.

Though, I am personally a big fan of libertarian democracy, which is what I'm trying to loosely base the Revolution's ideas off of, I am trying to not actually mention anything that could be taken as real world political talk, due to forum rules. I do agree with my last post though. I don't see the point for a house of merchants, and don't see a democracy working without at least one part of the government open to everyone. Otherwise it's an elected oligarchy.

Edit: Also, I will admit to typically making my first attempt at a new type of gaming (which this is) be at least partly based off of my own beliefs/character, as that helps me RP. If the RP is easier, I can focus on learning the game. As such, sometimes it's hard to decide if something is just what the Revolution would do, or if I would actually personally advise it (though working with terroristic anarchists is not something I typically do. :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2012-11-29, 08:07 PM
My OOC opinion is that it'd be kinda boring if everyone just agreed on a government, killed off the couple factions that don't fit in and then went on with life. It's much more interesting when there's several factions who are trying to maneuver into a position of strength over the others. It'd be even more interesting if said factions were smaller and less powerful and more numerous, but I'll take what I can get.

Rafinius
2012-11-29, 09:09 PM
My comment was actually going to razovor. ForzaFiori just ninja'd me.

Zemalac
2012-11-29, 09:40 PM
In The Name of The Wind is a great book, though I didn't make this connection. I'm just surprised, that it's a trilogy. No way everything can be wrapped up in a single book now... Unless it's really, really thick I guess.

By the way, if anybody is interested in the super-heroes stories, here is one I really liked reading (http://parahumans.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/1-1/). I'm so making a TW out of it.

A whole lot of stuff in my world was lifted directly from or inspired by The Name of the Wind. Damn fine book.

Also, have you ever read Soon I Will Be Invincible? The story you linked to reminds me of it, a bit.

Rafinius
2012-11-29, 10:19 PM
@Murska: I am okay with the second option. I tell you here because EoTs are soon due and I don't know when I'll have time to write today. It took me till now to decide because I didn't know if I should trust you, but the benefits are great and if you ever give me concrete reasons not to trust you I can deal with it then. I just hope you will continue to invest alongside me. Lets hope for mutual prosperity, I guess.

Murska
2012-11-29, 10:27 PM
@Murska: I am okay with the second option. I tell you here because EoTs are soon due and I don't know when I'll have time to write today. It took me till now to decide because I didn't know if I should trust you, but the benefits are great and if you ever give me concrete reasons not to trust you I can deal with it then. I just hope you will continue to invest alongside me. Lets hope for mutual prosperity, I guess.

All right. I'll try to invest all I can, but as you've probably gathered, my applicable stats are not much at the moment. But I'll be expanding, anyway, and if things seem too unbalanced we can renegotiate the financial side of things.

oblivion6
2012-11-29, 10:28 PM
I didn't know if I should trust you,

Just check his sig...It says all you need to know about trusting him.

Murska
2012-11-29, 10:31 PM
Just check his sig...It says all you need to know about trusting him.

Even people whom I do betray come out of it amused and entertained. :smallwink:

ArcaneStomper
2012-11-29, 11:18 PM
I think daelrog would disagree with you.

Thelonius
2012-11-30, 03:50 AM
Also, have you ever read Soon I Will Be Invincible? The story you linked to reminds me of it, a bit.

"I remember those nights, planning technologies that didn't exist yet, outsider science, futurist dreaming, half-magical. The things I could do outside the university setting, now that I didn't have to wait for the pompous fools at the college! I was building another science, my science, wild science, robots and lasers and disembodied brains. A science that buzzed and glowed; it wanted to do things. It could get up and walk, fly, fight, sprout garish glowing creations in the remotest parts of the world, domes and towers and architectural fever dreams. And it was angry. It was mad science."

I like Dr. Impossible. Really makes you feel for the mad scientist.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-11-30, 05:56 AM
Yeah... That's pretty much what happened to me. The world building is superb and the stakes go higher and higher. Plus the characters...

Yeah. I'm SO having a Rattletale or someone like her if you create this game!

PS: To everyone: I'll send the EoT late tonight.

SGA:
Please confirm if you allow me to command the troops or not in the EoT. If you don't, please tell me in-thread, unless you want me to send Zem a huge wall of text that makes no sense.

Thelonius
2012-11-30, 06:28 AM
Zemalac/Wallen

Don't forget to join White-Stripe Mages, if you decided to. I'll put some MAG in tutoring Lord Wallen.

Nyrt
2012-11-30, 06:53 AM
So tempted to steal my faction directly from Legend of Korra. Amon is such a great character.

Thelonius
2012-11-30, 07:11 AM
Amon is great, though I've only seen the first several episodes. Also, I requested Neposh & ESBA to either not impede and preferably assist the Blackspell Watch investigation into that matter, I've talked about. Please, don't forget to include it in EoT, if you agreed.

ArcaneStomper
2012-11-30, 08:47 AM
SGA
I don't see any reason why we should. I mean if a unified command gave bonuses then sure, but we've already been over this with Zemalac and the only bonus military working together gives is that you've got more military working together. And the bonus a VIP gives is independent of the troops they are working with. So no reason to except for fluff.

And from a fluff stand point Lord Wallen isn't actually part of the SGA. So why should SGA troops submit to the command of an outsider. Just because someone has had a military background doesn't make them a military genius. In fact it might make them worse at the kind of urban warfare that happens in a city since they are expecting different things.

Murska
2012-11-30, 10:14 AM
Amon was a good character until the end.

As for Daelrog, I dunno. I only stopped his plan because he was not really active at the time so I couldn't talk to him, and I did discuss the matter afterwards once he returned to make sure there would be no hard feelings. It was a bit of a **** move I guess.

Zemalac
2012-11-30, 01:04 PM
"I remember those nights, planning technologies that didn't exist yet, outsider science, futurist dreaming, half-magical. The things I could do outside the university setting, now that I didn't have to wait for the pompous fools at the college! I was building another science, my science, wild science, robots and lasers and disembodied brains. A science that buzzed and glowed; it wanted to do things. It could get up and walk, fly, fight, sprout garish glowing creations in the remotest parts of the world, domes and towers and architectural fever dreams. And it was angry. It was mad science."

I like Dr. Impossible. Really makes you feel for the mad scientist.

My greatest pleasure with that book, and that character, was how he made the mad scientist thing look plausible. Like, he explained every step that went through putting together his doomsday device and island fortress and where he got all his supplies and minions from and whatnot. It was a beautiful de- and reconstruction of the archtype.

Eldan
2012-11-30, 02:47 PM
When is the next EoT due? This weekend?

Nyrt
2012-11-30, 03:44 PM
My greatest pleasure with that book, and that character, was how he made the mad scientist thing look plausible. Like, he explained every step that went through putting together his doomsday device and island fortress and where he got all his supplies and minions from and whatnot. It was a beautiful de- and reconstruction of the archtype.

Another excellent book. It was really good at deconstructing a lot of superhero/villan tropes. Also, Dr. Impossible is possibly the best mad scientist name, just abve Dr. Destructo.

Zemalac
2012-11-30, 03:49 PM
When is the next EoT due? This weekend?

Today. I was hoping to get some work done on them early, since it's looking like I won't have much time as usual this weekend.

ArcaneStomper
2012-11-30, 04:44 PM
Well I will send mine in shortly then.

Rafinius
2012-11-30, 05:03 PM
Okay, mine's in. There is some fluff at the bottom which you can pretty much read at your leasure. If you approve and nothing unexpected happens I may copy some of it into the forum next turn.

oblivion6
2012-11-30, 06:25 PM
Okay, I will get my final draft in pretty soon then.

SGA
any wealth you planned on spending on Laheim mercs, should instead be spent elsewhere...I am using my own wealth to hire local mercs.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-30, 07:07 PM
My EoT has been sent.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-11-30, 11:37 PM
Just sent mine, sorry for the delay.

To be honest, for the first time in this game, I'm terrified.

Thel, if you make that superhero game; keep in mind that one if my VIP's will be basically Walter White as a Tinker.
And other one will be a mad Otaku with a Sith lord complex.

And who can hate Bone Eater, the adorable bouncer of the group?
Or Tunguska Ivan, their radioactive sidekick??

oblivion6
2012-12-01, 12:30 AM
Just sent mine, sorry for the delay.

I am curious to see how many losses I take from this war. Either the Wardens get slaughtered or they slaughter me...

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 04:52 AM

You don't know half of it.

I am curious to see how many losses I take from this war. Either the Wardens get slaughtered or they slaughter me...

I have a few suspicions on how Wardens would act this turn. Well, hopefully we'll have firepower to bring them down, before they destroy you.

Murska
2012-12-01, 06:36 AM
Hmmh. Well, I'm about as ready as I can be for any sort of attack. Bring it on.

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 06:41 AM
Unfortunately that's probably true. Well, I hope for a least some success... It'll be either you or us in the end. I'd say 50/50.

Murska
2012-12-01, 06:43 AM
So long as you attack first, so I have justification for any sort of retaliation I wish. :smallsmile:

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 06:52 AM
Because you are certainly not doing anything to attack us.

Murska
2012-12-01, 07:38 AM
Nothing you could prove, anyway.

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 07:58 AM
Proof might not matter soon enough. If Iím reading things correctly Law & Order is about to get murdered in Sav AltulusÖ Well, rather put out of its misery.

Murska
2012-12-01, 08:02 AM
Curse you Chaotics. But I'm going to rebuild it with my own two hands.

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 08:15 AM
We'll just have to see about cutting them off, before you burn us down then.

Murska
2012-12-01, 08:17 AM
You and what army?

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 08:22 AM
Where's the will... Sigh, I wish Vasari was in town. We'll find a way.

puppyavenger
2012-12-01, 08:49 AM
EOT was just sent in, sorry for the delay.

A;so, slight amendment
The uncounted for point of Mil is to be used to stop anyone trying to run money to the Speaker of the Houses in the Run, and general defense.

and in case you missed it, 2 Wel is being transferred to the Wren for use in subversion

oblivion6
2012-12-01, 01:46 PM
You and what army?

Us and the army of mercenaries we could hire. I'm sure the SGA can win any war of attrition with you. Once your MIL takes a big enough hit, you got nothing.

Murska
2012-12-01, 06:46 PM
Us and the army of mercenaries we could hire. I'm sure the SGA can win any war of attrition with you. Once your MIL takes a big enough hit, you got nothing.

Right, and where do you expect to find mercenaries willing to fight us? At least after we brutally destroy the first couple? Laheim's closed to you now, my man, and there ain't much else out there that you could both reach and influence.

Meanwhile I can use my Mil to give a big enough hit to one of you at a time to make sure they're never coming back. I'll roll 350, the defense gathers maybe 150, suddenly you lose 20 statpoints and I gain as many as my cap allows plus some morale and negative rep.

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 07:41 PM
The fact that 25 MIL = average 112, means that Wardens get 235, more then twice points, from various modifiers and VIPs. Frankly, they can take on most any of the factions in a fight, if they had a symbolic 1 MIL.

They are also protected by Murska-field. A semi-magical effect, that prevents anybody from attacking Murska, allowing him to always first-strike his opposition and build up his forces with nobody interfering. :smallsmile:

I'm growing curious about orders & contingencies Wardens left in...

puppyavenger
2012-12-01, 07:45 PM
Presumably the symbolic payback of taking over Gilded?

Rafinius
2012-12-01, 08:54 PM
I don't know which doctor is speaking there, but he sure pushed the right buttons.

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 08:57 PM
Melissa Blaine speaking there.

And yes - I mean in our modern day ''enlightened'' society, minorities get a short end of the stick in the legal system. Imagine a man from the streets in Sav Altulus. ''Of course Ork did it - they are all violent brutes!''

Rafinius
2012-12-01, 09:02 PM
I completely agree, but you being the only person actually mentioning it while not even being an Orc pretty much gives you plus points in the eyes of the Uprising (yes, if we see Orcs hanging in this screwed up system we officially address ourselves as Orc Uprising again).
Also with the oh so inclusive Ram/Blackfist speaking in support of it, they just got minus points.

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 09:12 PM
So now we have racial politics as well. Can this game's politics get any more complex? :smallsmile:

Murska
2012-12-01, 09:14 PM
Oh, but racial prejudices are just something cooked up by the upper class to keep the masses of the People divided. They're entirely artificial, and will quickly disappear once we get rid of the rich and mighty.

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 09:14 PM
Joining the Revolution, Wardens? Not surprised.

Eldan
2012-12-01, 09:18 PM
Hah. Great minds develop telepathy. Or they just think alike. :smalltongue:

Edit: more complex. Sure. Let's see what other prejudices we can come up with.

Beauty.
Magical talent.
Gender.
Religion.

puppyavenger
2012-12-01, 09:21 PM
Beauty.
Magical talent.
Gender.
Religion.

Wealth, Family, Species, Race, Number of Armed Men Willing to Kill for You, And so on.

Rafinius
2012-12-01, 09:25 PM
That is something interesting. What is it like for women in Sav Altulas?

I should put an aproval list up similar to your alignment lists.
Orcs aren't that subtle or hard to read after all.

Blackfist: -- We heard bad stuff and their last few public speeches confirmed a lot.
Bloodhaven: ++ Hospital. Good Rep. Speaking out on our behalf.
King James: ++ Accepted us into the city. Built our hospital. Promised us land. Probably helps us in combat.
Neposh: 0 Quirky religion. May help us. Don't kow much about them.
ESGE: - Looks down on us.
EBSA: 0 Seems okay. Not very responsive.
Gear's Chosen: - Scary scary machines. Even though they are our customers now, doesn't mean we have to like them.
Heladuit: 0 Know little about them. Half-Orc in the family.
Laurier: 0 Know nothing about them other than that they control Lomb Circle.
Wallen: 0 Seems to accept us.
Mercantile Guild: 0 Seems to be okay, but don't know about their sincerity. Merchants and all.
Wren: 0 Weird guy. Said it was his idea for us to be invited. Know too little.
Ram: - Heard things that are not positive and a lot of what they say makes little sense to us. Even though they supposedly have Orcs in high places.
Rest of SGA: 0 Know too little.
Wardens: ++ Fought alongside them and got equal rights on mines. They continue to support us.

EDIT: To be fair, Orcs should be affected by the Wren's high REP. Especially considering the way he gained it. so I change my view from 0 to +. Yay!

ForzaFiori
2012-12-01, 09:25 PM
I completely agree, but you being the only person actually mentioning it while not even being an Orc pretty much gives you plus points in the eyes of the Uprising (yes, if we see Orcs hanging in this screwed up system we officially address ourselves as Orc Uprising again).
Also with the oh so inclusive Ram/Blackfist speaking in support of it, they just got minus points.

Hey, the Revolution has a orcish VIP. They aren't prejudice, and are hoping that by forcing everyone to interact, they can help the city learn to get along.

Joining the Revolution, Wardens? Not surprised.

Everyone will join the Revolution in time. :smallamused:

Eldan
2012-12-01, 09:37 PM
We are all Blackfist, deep in our hearts.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-01, 09:37 PM
You forgot that the Technists are helping you to build a school:smallfrown:

puppyavenger
2012-12-01, 09:38 PM
Gear's Chosen: - Scary scary machines. Even though they are our customers now, doesn't mean we have to like them.

You know, I'm really getting the feeling any of you tolerate me is because my faction has a dirty bomb strapped to its chest :smalltongue:

Murska
2012-12-01, 09:43 PM
Hm. Thing with people's revolutions and populist movements is that, unlike in a game where such a faction is played by a PC, in reality they tend to attract all sorts of total idiots and nutjobs in addition to the starting group of people who have nice ideals and drive to do something about them. And they can't really exclude people who want to join, based on their whole premise. While I don't believe the majority of the people would be bad, the extremists, racists and whatnot within the group would be loud.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-01, 09:47 PM
You know, I'm really getting the feeling any of you tolerate me is because my faction has a dirty bomb strapped to its chest :smalltongue:

Half true. Your also the other science fraction in the city, so we'll help ya out if it don't conflict with other things we have.

Rafinius
2012-12-01, 09:48 PM
Hey, the Revolution has a orcish VIP. They aren't prejudice, and are hoping that by forcing everyone to interact, they can help the city learn to get along.

The Revolution has an orcish VIP. "One of my best friends is an Orc." And we haven't heard anything about him either. In any case, typical Sav Altulans don't seem to like foreign, rural, mountain Orcs. And as such, bureaucratic mob rule is not something we favor, and no one ever told us that this Demokrasi you support is anything different. Seems like a compound word from demon + crazy to me.

And the Ram supporting this particular court system seems weird to me the player too. Beyond hypocritical support of temporary political allies that is. It may have been their greatest diservice to the populace yet, from a parliamentary democratic viewpoint at least :smalltongue:. But that doesn't affect my playstyle much.

EDIT: I did forget the school when I made that list :smallredface:. You deserve a + for that I guess.

Thelonius
2012-12-01, 09:50 PM
Wardens and BH gets the same Like rating in Orkish books. :smallbiggrin:

Our mirrored existence, defined once more, Murska.

Murska
2012-12-01, 09:50 PM
Indeed. You're like my evil twin.

puppyavenger
2012-12-01, 09:53 PM
Half true. Your also the other science fraction in the city, so we'll help ya out if it don't conflict with other things we have.

Oh indeed, I can honestly say that I have no plans to move against or attack you whatsoever. Science Forever! and all.

Murska
2012-12-01, 09:55 PM
I can say that I have no plans to attack anyone!

puppyavenger
2012-12-01, 09:57 PM
I can say that I have no plans to attack anyone!

Ah, just throwing darts at the map when you're writing your EOT? :smalltongue:

Murska
2012-12-01, 09:58 PM
Ah, just throwing darts at the map when you're writing your EOT? :smalltongue:

No, not the map. The map's precious. I'm throwing darts at a picture of Vassari's face.

Rafinius
2012-12-01, 09:59 PM
No plans to attack anyone? I thought you were mobilizing forces to fight alongst me against the vile Upper Circle :smallconfused:.

puppyavenger
2012-12-01, 10:01 PM
No, not the map. The map's precious. I'm throwing darts at a picture of Vassari's face.

I see we have much in common then.

Murska
2012-12-01, 10:06 PM
No plans to attack anyone? I thought you were mobilizing forces to fight alongst me against the vile Upper Circle :smallconfused:.

I just said that I can say I have no plans to attack anyone.

Besides, the fight against the Upside Circle is obviously self-defense.

Rafinius
2012-12-01, 10:13 PM
Wow. The Ram starts making so little sense packed with so much anachronism it's getting uncanny :smalltongue:.

ForzaFiori
2012-12-01, 10:22 PM
The Revolution has an orcish VIP.

I only have 2! Half my VIPs are orcs! as well as my crack army unit.

As to my recent example, I'm not really sure how to explain it, but basically it's just that when there are 12 people, you have to have 7 of them share the same prejudice to have the bias make a massive difference, or you won't get the majority vote on the side of the bias, but with a judge, you just have to have the 1 person with a bias.

And really, your going to get mad over anachronisms? We have people building zepplins, starting democratic revolutions in a time before gunpowder, and anarcho-communists, and your going to call out my speech as anachronistic?

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-01, 10:24 PM
We have gunpowder as well as the zepplin. Even have some semi-automatics.

Murska
2012-12-01, 10:30 PM
I own the most advanced firearm in the city. :smallsmile:

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-01, 10:33 PM
So.... you have Blackpowder Weapons IV?

Murska
2012-12-01, 10:37 PM
Nah, better. I've a Messenheiler.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-01, 10:39 PM
I always got the impression it was a show peice/can't copy them. Unless you'd like us to take a look?

ForzaFiori
2012-12-01, 10:39 PM
I keep meaning to get gunpowder weapons, but can never find the cash... Ugh. Should have started my popular uprising in the Sky District. lol

Rafinius
2012-12-01, 10:42 PM
I only have 2! Half my VIPs are orcs! as well as my crack army unit.

As to my recent example, I'm not really sure how to explain it, but basically it's just that when there are 12 people, you have to have 7 of them share the same prejudice to have the bias make a massive difference, or you won't get the majority vote on the side of the bias, but with a judge, you just have to have the 1 person with a bias.

And really, your going to get mad over anachronisms? We have people building zepplins, starting democratic revolutions in a time before gunpowder, and anarcho-communists, and your going to call out my speech as anachronistic?

Oh I'm not getting mad. Sorry if it seemed that way. I'm using happy ongue faces mostly to try and prevent you from thinking that I am taking anything too serious.

I understood what you were trying to say. Not making sense was as in that is a very weak argument no one can honestly believe (IRL that is) not as in "wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw).
You know, there are actually countries which have a jury system to decide guilt or innocense (I believe you live in one?) and that has plenty of problems. But at least a judge still decides on the punishment, proof has to exist to even get to court and there is precedence of law.

Also, I have 4 VIPs and they are all Orcs. As are all my teams, be it crack, pot or otherwise So I'm clearly superior to you in that matter :thog:.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-01, 10:45 PM
I keep meaning to get gunpowder weapons, but can never find the cash... Ugh. Should have started my popular uprising in the Sky District. lol

Come on down to the Technist Guild Weapons Emporium! We'll make 'em at cost, and have diffreing payment plans.

You can pay me 2 WEL a turn for 2 turns and 1 the final turn if your straped for cash. That gets ya Blackpowder weapons II. Cheaper then anyone else.

Murska
2012-12-01, 10:54 PM
Could always take the view that law shouldn't be meant to punish, it should act to protect society and keep citizens safe.

ForzaFiori
2012-12-01, 10:55 PM
Oh I'm not getting mad. Sorry if it seemed that way. I'm using happy ongue faces mostly to try and prevent you from thinking that I am taking anything too serious.

sorry, I tend to use "mad" for any form of disgruntled, or anytime someone has a criticism.

I understood what you were trying to say. Not making sense was as in that is a very weak argument no one can honestly believe (IRL that is) not as in "wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw).
You know, there are actually countries which have a jury system to decide guilt or innocense (I believe you live in one?) and that has plenty of problems. But at least a judge still decides on the punishment, proof has to exist to even get to court and there is precedence of law.

Yes I do, and I've taken part in the system. And while getting to far into it is against forum rules, lets just say that judges cuase ALOT of problems in the US, probably more than juries.

Also, I have 4 VIPs and they are all Orcs. As are all my teams, be it crack, pot or otherwise So I'm clearly superior to you in that matter :thog:.

Ah, but how many humans do you have? Clearly, your just as racist but in a different way. *sagely nod*

Come on down to the Technist Guild Weapons Emporium! We'll make 'em at cost, and have diffreing payment plans.

You can pay me 2 WEL a turn for 2 turns and 1 the final turn if your straped for cash. That gets ya Blackpowder weapons II. Cheaper then anyone else.

That's... Brilliant. How did I not think of just putting weapons on layaway? Gotta put that on my to-do list for next turn.

Rafinius
2012-12-01, 10:57 PM
Meh. I like me my rolling heads. Especially druid heads at the moment. I mean, attacking us for cutting trees in their forest as if they were sacred to them and they had lived in that area for centuries? What gives them the right? Clearly hunting them like animals is the right response.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-01, 11:05 PM
That's... Brilliant. How did I not think of just putting weapons on layaway? Gotta put that on my to-do list for next turn.

You get the guns on the final payment, it's a paranoia thing.

Meh. I like me my rolling heads.

If you pay us, we could make you a steam powered chainsaw blade:smallbiggrin:

Rafinius
2012-12-01, 11:10 PM
If you pay us, we could make you a steam powered chainsaw blade:smallbiggrin:

Nah. That seems a little too 40k.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-01, 11:12 PM
So? We're a group of Engineers trying to unlock The Vaults of Morvec. 40K refrences have already arrived bud:smallbiggrin:

ForzaFiori
2012-12-01, 11:26 PM
Nah. That seems a little too 40k.

How is that ever a bad thing?

oblivion6
2012-12-01, 11:36 PM
I own the most advanced firearm in the city. :smallsmile:

I'll take my Blackpowder Weapons IV over your Messenheiler any day. Curious to see how much of a punch it packs.

Murska
2012-12-01, 11:58 PM
I'll take my Blackpowder Weapons IV over your Messenheiler any day. Curious to see how much of a punch it packs.

Well, let's just say that getting to 300s in rolls is not easy.

Thelonius
2012-12-02, 05:08 AM
Indeed. You're like my evil twin.

No! Shoot him! He is the evil twin!

Eh, so a band of murderous thugs and crazy evil cultists hate Vasari. Thatís just another day in the Shattered Lands.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-02, 09:47 AM
Thatís just another day in the Shattered Lands.

I love that we have running gags like that.

Thelonius
2012-12-02, 12:24 PM
Well, running gags or waiting goons to make Vasari disappear. Practically same thing.

Eldan
2012-12-02, 08:38 PM
Come on people, don't stop posting! Eldan needs more fictional political discussion at 2 am!

oblivion6
2012-12-02, 09:32 PM
Come on people, don't stop posting! Eldan needs more fictional political discussion at 2 am!

Yeah, once people stop posting my nights tend to go down hill from there. I think my life revolves around this site:smalltongue:

I would post but I wasnt following the discussion very closely so I wouldnt know what to add.

oblivion6
2012-12-03, 11:58 AM
How are EoTs coming? Did I get destroyed?

Rafinius
2012-12-03, 12:36 PM
Did I get to destroy? :thog::thog::thog:

Copper8642
2012-12-03, 01:06 PM
Some bastard sent his EOT in quite late, so I assume Zemalac might be a bit before getting those right back.

I bet that clown feels real sorry right about now.

Thelonius
2012-12-03, 04:48 PM
I give it XXX [redacted not to put pressure on GM] days and go crazy. All work and no Sav Altulus make Thelonius a dull boy...

And to sound arrogant, the second Vasari leaves the city, it falls apart. Coincidences like this might start giving him ideas. :smallbiggrin:

I'm looking forward to writing the fluff about his return - a mixture of pure rage and crushing despair, when he takes in the situation. That is unless Zemalac's gracious ministrations don't relieve me of this prospect. He is ever so kind to Vasari :smallfrown:.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-03, 04:52 PM
So, 50/50 of the good doctor being taken over by a eldritch horror he helped create, then returning to the city to complete the blackfists job, before laying egg's in the peoples brains?

Sounds kinda like what he likes to do to him, so just checking.

razovor
2012-12-03, 05:06 PM
Isn't Vassari already an eldritch horror?

I've been overlooking the tentacles and mass-murder because, even with that his hospital is still doing net good for the city.

Thelonius
2012-12-03, 05:12 PM
The expectations are considerable, and with Redeye having set the bar so high. I just fear I lack the artistry that would be needed.

Murska
2012-12-03, 05:37 PM
I could probably help you with cooking up some proper villainy. I've had a lack of that, what with 2126 stopping and Wardens being Lawful Good stuck-ups.

Thelonius
2012-12-03, 05:57 PM
Well, I would vehemently disagree on Warden's alignment being Lawful Good, unless we are talking Miko Miyazaki LG.

[IC & OOC-ish], I see them as a well-meaning, deranged warlord gang. Former soldiers, so twisted by blood and carnage they suffered and inflicted in the Shattered Lands, that now what drives them is a mad obsession, which unfortunately threatens future of Sav Altulus. They had a shot at redemption, but at this point in the story, I fear it's too late.

Edit: Naturally this is how it goes in my story, in which I'm of course the hero.

I'm not certain if you would be able to help. Sure, you are very good at efficiency. We can probably murder half of the city, if we plan together. But what about flair? What about style? I'm uncertain, if that is your forte, though I could be underestimating you here.

Murska
2012-12-03, 06:11 PM
Well, I find that most people, let alone groups, are hard to place on the traditional alignment scale. But the Wardens are heavily Order with not much on the Good-Evil axis either way. They won't harm civilians, most of them would be heavily conflicted about perceived dishonourable actions, yet they're perfectly willing to not pull their punches against anyone they view to be dangerous. They're also rather conservative and don't believe in rapid action in regards to the Shattered Lands - they've seen so many people attempt to reform or rebuild it and fall, betrayed. There's a common feeling that the Shattered Lands themselves are cursed with some black magic that twists men's hearts and turns them to treachery and savagery, which is why they never base themselves within the area itself for long. The only thing that seems to work at all in the long term is clearing out the worst nests of snakes with fire and iron and trying to keep the more beneficial growths alive, like a directed evolutionary impetus.

EDIT:

Well, I can do style or rely on you for that part as needed. I'm not the greatest roleplayer but I have my moments. It just requires a bit of a different mindset. No matter how grand your ideas, in a game that's still grounded in the mechanics you won't be able to effect them without a powerbase of statpoints and allies.

Rafinius
2012-12-03, 06:35 PM
I honestly don't see what is that big bad thing they have done. The worst you can say about them is that they became the military police for a whole district without being asked and if anyone attacked them over it they went into all out war until the attacker either surrendered or didn't need to anymore.
Other than that there is the case to be made for forcing smaller guards to either incorporate themselves into their own ranks or quit their jobs and the not sufficiently warranted or Council condoned "liberation" of Traitor's Bridge from the Mercantile Guild.
I admit that these actions are no plus points for the Wardens, but how does that show them to be unredeemable and obsesively twisted? As long as they from now on submit to the city ruler (who in their eyes seems to be King James) I don't see why anyone would or should be seen as doing the right thing when attacking them.

oblivion6
2012-12-03, 06:35 PM
I give it XXX [redacted not to put pressure on GM] days and go crazy. All work and no Sav Altulus make Thelonius a dull boy...

Couldnt agree more. I go crazy if theres nothing that needs my attention on here.

Thelonius
2012-12-03, 06:53 PM
Oh, I perfectly understand how grey everything is. All of us well-meaning people doing our best to kill each other. Wardens define Mercantile Guild as dangerous. Bloodhaven defines Wardens as dangerous.

Even our ideologies clash Ė Vasari believes, that unless we act quickly to consolidate Sav Altulusís power, the Warlords and foreign powers would start making their moves. Heck, I actually know IC they are making their moves. So our only advantage is to surprise them with speed and unity - strike fast and reform Talidor (or rather a sufficiently large part of it) so we would have firepower to stand our ground.

Unlike Wardens Vasari held a more naÔve belief, that Shattered Lands can be reformed (though bad parts burning would be required). He was considering restoring Longspeak Tower and claiming, that it would be the first step in restoring Shattered Lands on metaphysical level. The place where Talidor was first broken Ė now restored. Even got an Opera commissioned to prepare the publicís mood. Then backed down, because it would mean killing relatively innocent Wild Mages. Probably a mistake - should have killed them for greater good. Then againÖ So switched tactics. Went about it from a different angle. And then things got badÖ so Wardens are probably right. Burn Sav Altulus and Shattered Lands. One can ease the suffering, but this patient ainít recovering.

I honestly don't see what is that big bad thing they have done. The worst you can say about them is that they became the military police for a whole district without being asked and if anyone attacked them over it they went into all out war until the attacker either surrendered or didn't need to anymore.

You read about the events in the newspaper and know about Wardens, when you fought alongside them against common foe. Basically, seen them in the best possible light.

We have a different perspective. Some say, you don't know the nature of a man, until you crossed swords with him. Well, we did.

We see what they are doing and what they are planning to do. We know, what they have done. The politics of the city are like the murky waters of the Lake Brecombe - one must look deeper then surface to see the drowned bodies beneath.

Murska
2012-12-03, 07:00 PM
Other than that there is the case to be made for forcing smaller guards to either incorporate themselves into their own ranks or quit their jobs

I would like to note that I never did that. The Gatekeeper's Guard joined me voluntarily after I helped them take out the Milanus gang, and there's been no other guard organizations within the territory I've taken. Also, the Gatekeepers are still their own, separate group that I've in no way interfered with save asking politely for 1 Mil of their help once, which they gave me willingly.

Thelonius
2012-12-03, 07:05 PM
Yup, that's definitely not the reason. I'd say Pepperstoch would be a black mark on Wardens record, but on it's own it's definitely not sufficient. Plus my tolerance for mobs and religious zealots have went significantly down recently. :smallsmile:

razovor
2012-12-03, 07:17 PM
Yup, that's definitely not the reason. I'd say Pepperstoch would be a black mark on Wardens record, but on it's own it's definitely not sufficient.

The Pepperscotch riots, caused by the Blackfist?

Thelonius
2012-12-03, 07:21 PM
Sigh, there were two sets of riots. First one was definitely Wardens.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-03, 07:22 PM
Well the Wardens didn't cause it. They just brutally suppressed it.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-03, 07:25 PM
By supressed it, you mean acted like the empty blood gang in a football match?

Rafinius
2012-12-03, 07:25 PM
The Wardens have cleared out the Guild's Watch Association completely from the Guild's Hand neighborhood. Those members of the GWA who weren't killed surrendered or joined up with the Wardens.

First EoT. Or at least I assumed that the GWA was a guard organization. Explain if otherwise.

Thelonius
2012-12-03, 07:31 PM
Hmm... Haven't noticed that one. I was focusing on bringing some order in my District and wasn't paying that much attention to the rest of the city at the time. Well, they probably refused to join the Wardens and were eliminated for that.

Murska
2012-12-03, 07:34 PM
Technically my patrols moving in were the cause. I rolled a critical failure on my takeover attempt and got a riot, which I then took out with Mil, Mag and Mor, using methods aimed to be as nonlethal as possible. Still, it was poorly handled, I admit.

But what I know of the situation there, I'm pretty sure that most factions in the City would do worse keeping things calm now that the crit fail is dealt with.

EDIT:

The GWA was a bunch of thugs extorting the people there.

Nyrt
2012-12-03, 07:37 PM
Oh man, I've missed so much that happened in the lower city. There were riots?

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-03, 07:40 PM
Some bastard sent his EOT in quite late, so I assume Zemalac might be a bit before getting those right back.

I bet that clown feels real sorry right about now.

Which would be me.

Sorry guys, had a hard day yesterday.:smallfrown:

EDIT: Nyrt, of course you wouldn't notice. To compare the peasants fights to the nobles would be to compare the fight of ants to the ones of a lion!

(I hate my broken engllish in times like this)

razovor
2012-12-03, 07:43 PM
I assumed Copper8642 was referring to himself, given his language.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-03, 07:45 PM
In that case, there's two of us. :smallredface:

No offense taken.

Me di por aludido, jajajajaja (As we say around here)

Thelonius
2012-12-03, 07:50 PM
Well, nobles can be forgiven to miss it. I was more upset with democratic factions, for failing to comment on oppression of people. Really thought Blackfists would at least draw a caricature. Alas, everybody was too scared of Wardens to speak up. Or more likely oblivious to stuff outside their Districts.

And, well they were rioting. You acted to restore order. Maybe if you were harsher, we wouldn't have a second riot on our hands later. I've slipped a few doctors to treat the injured there discreetly, since those religious folks don't like BH for some reason. Smokes opium pipe

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-03, 07:53 PM
To compare the peasants fights to the nobles would be to compare the fight of ants to the ones of a lion!

Look at dem nobles.

*shoots High power Rifle*

Seems dem nobles fancy boy armor not so good after all. Think they'll like Fred? (http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&biw=1440&bih=710&tbm=isch&tbnid=0ZjZc7477tpZCM:&imgrefurl=http://www.poxpulse.com/rune/id/931&docid=raCIP0uekSj-KM&imgurl=http://www.poxpulse.com/images/large/dragon_engine_270x310.jpg&w=270&h=310&ei=P0m9UMP6Fsf_ygG42ICYBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=98&vpy=117&dur=1625&hovh=241&hovw=209&tx=109&ty=127&sig=108685453190567405072&page=1&tbnh=171&tbnw=140&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:89) Last I heard, Fred was a Pesant too. Joined the Workers union to overthrown dem nobles.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-03, 07:56 PM
Aww, Grim, you know my guys are not like that.

We want to give the power back to you, The People!

razovor
2012-12-03, 07:58 PM
Since those religious folks don't like BH for some reason. Smokes opium pipe

Would you pass me a pipe my good man?

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-03, 08:00 PM
I'll belive that when I have Fred, the Napalm Breathing Steampunk Dragon (http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&biw=1440&bih=710&tbm=isch&tbnid=0ZjZc7477tpZCM:&imgrefurl=http://www.poxpulse.com/rune/id/931&docid=raCIP0uekSj-KM&imgurl=http://www.poxpulse.com/images/large/dragon_engine_270x310.jpg&w=270&h=310&ei=P0m9UMP6Fsf_ygG42ICYBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=98&vpy=117&dur=1625&hovh=241&hovw=209&tx=109&ty=127&sig=108685453190567405072&page=1&tbnh=171&tbnw=140&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:89) standing behind the pesants and glareing at you in yer fancy oversized minipalaces:smalltongue:

And Eldan, the Technist leadership has the same pay and housing as anyone else, theres just addtional paperwork along with the normal job.

Rafinius
2012-12-03, 08:02 PM
Rigger would like to slay a dragon. Admittetly he has never seen one before, but it should still be worth it.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-03, 08:04 PM
It's not a "real" dragon, so much as a giant steampunk golem with a advanced AI. We call him Fred.

What, can't the crazy Technocultists dream:smallfrown:

razovor
2012-12-03, 08:05 PM
I'll belive that when I have Fred, the Napalm Breathing Steampunk Dragon standing behind the peasants and glaring at you in yer fancy oversized minipalaces :smalltongue:

I'm standing behind them too, so the dragon will be facing the wrong direction.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-03, 08:06 PM
Grim, I don't think Rigger cares.

Murska
2012-12-03, 08:08 PM
Well, if you didn't want a second riot you shouldn't have forced my patrols out of the territory.

Rafinius
2012-12-03, 08:08 PM
As long as it has a head it can fit next to George's. On the plus side, it will not rot like that one trophy.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-03, 08:10 PM
Nah, we never finished the head. All it has is the Napalm sprayer port. Closest thing it has to a head.

Rafinius
2012-12-03, 08:35 PM
I don't care how you technobabblers call it. If it looks like the picture you gave us, then that's a head. If it doesn't, it's just a glorified flamethrower and I take your head instead. :smallamused:

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-03, 08:39 PM
Do you know what we look like? (http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&tbo=d&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&biw=1440&bih=710&tbm=isch&tbnid=fM8YfUEuTQJpnM:&imgrefurl=http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15494324/&docid=KLt9dWQT1Qrl1M&imgurl=http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15494324/images/1309987756006.png&w=300&h=300&ei=7lO9UMCdIKfQyAHrxIGoDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=121&vpy=247&dur=485&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=123&ty=114&sig=108685453190567405072&page=3&tbnh=161&tbnw=166&start=56&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:17,s:56,i:319).

Also, why do you have to break our toys:smallfrown: It's not even a full sized one, maybe only the size of a SUV or a Hummer.

Nyrt
2012-12-03, 08:46 PM
Look at dem nobles.

Seems dem nobles fancy boy armor not so good after all.

You forget, Lord Founder's favored weapon is a dragon gun. There aren't many higher-powered guns.

Greystone
2012-12-03, 09:42 PM
*twitches at the talk of more revolutions and eldritch horrors* Why... why can't people just follow the law and get along.

Rafinius
2012-12-03, 10:03 PM
Ah, Greystone. If you are here at the moment, could you tell me what is going to happen regarding your field office in my village? I asked you how much you wanted me to invest for the building itself and you never answered. Now I didn't put anything in this EoT for that very reason. Will you be building it yourself?

puppyavenger
2012-12-03, 10:19 PM
Look at dem nobles.

Seems dem nobles fancy boy armor not so good after all. Think they'll like Fred? (http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&biw=1440&bih=710&tbm=isch&tbnid=0ZjZc7477tpZCM:&imgrefurl=http://www.poxpulse.com/rune/id/931&docid=raCIP0uekSj-KM&imgurl=http://www.poxpulse.com/images/large/dragon_engine_270x310.jpg&w=270&h=310&ei=P0m9UMP6Fsf_ygG42ICYBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=98&vpy=117&dur=1625&hovh=241&hovw=209&tx=109&ty=127&sig=108685453190567405072&page=1&tbnh=171&tbnw=140&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:89) Last I heard, Fred was a Pesant too. Joined the Workers union to overthrown dem nobles.

I'll belive that when I have Fred, the Napalm Breathing Steampunk Dragon (http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&biw=1440&bih=710&tbm=isch&tbnid=0ZjZc7477tpZCM:&imgrefurl=http://www.poxpulse.com/rune/id/931&docid=raCIP0uekSj-KM&imgurl=http://www.poxpulse.com/images/large/dragon_engine_270x310.jpg&w=270&h=310&ei=P0m9UMP6Fsf_ygG42ICYBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=98&vpy=117&dur=1625&hovh=241&hovw=209&tx=109&ty=127&sig=108685453190567405072&page=1&tbnh=171&tbnw=140&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:89) standing behind the pesants and glareing at you in yer fancy oversized minipalaces:smalltongue:

And Eldan, the Technist leadership has the same pay and housing as anyone else, theres just addtional paperwork along with the normal job.

I love it. Why not give it a second head that breaths lightning? :smalltongue:

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-03, 10:21 PM
Nah, it's tail is going to inculde a oversided Cattle prod through (Electric type)

puppyavenger
2012-12-03, 11:29 PM
For a trial by combat, can I use my laser tank as a champion?

Copper8642
2012-12-03, 11:30 PM
I assumed Copper8642 was referring to himself, given his language.

Correctemundo!

Zemalac
2012-12-04, 12:45 AM
All right, new turn is up. My commentary: I thought it was interesting how the major battle in it didn't go the way anyone who was a part of it expected it to.

Important Game Info Time: I'm back at school now, and judging by this past weekend I don't think I'm going to have time to run a turn each week while I'm here. As such, I'd like to try switching to a two-week turn schedule for the foreseeable future. This means that the next EoT is due Friday, December 14th.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-04, 12:48 AM
Well I have to say. House Wallen just became the most trusted ally of the SGA.

Edit: Also I call dibs on the captured mil.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-04, 12:59 AM
Need to hire some investigators, anyone intrested?

oblivion6
2012-12-04, 01:06 AM
*Reads EoT. Eyes widen and lets out a loud laugh, awakening the rest of the house.*

That...Certainly was a twist to say the least...I lost several points of WEL overall this turn but I still ended up stronger than before...

Edit: We will see Grim. Will get back to you...

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-04, 01:18 AM
Yep, in terms of pure stats this turn was a loss. But the things I've built belowground, not to mention the new strategic situation, more than make up for it.

Greystone
2012-12-04, 01:19 AM
Ah, Greystone. If you are here at the moment, could you tell me what is going to happen regarding your field office in my village? I asked you how much you wanted me to invest for the building itself and you never answered. Now I didn't put anything in this EoT for that very reason. Will you be building it yourself?

Sorry about that. Field Offices cost very little, and frankly in my EoT I just said the orcs take care off it, and it happened- so I suppose it was essentially free. (A fraction of a wealth is probably closer to the truth).

Everything seems to have gone well.

EDIT- So a lot of fighting occurred? Must of missed that... well, at least misunderstood the size of the conflict.

oblivion6
2012-12-04, 01:21 AM
Yep, in terms of pure stats this turn was a loss. But the things I've built belowground, not to mention the new strategic situation, more than make up for it.

Many thanks for the MIL by the way. I think we could have won either way, but just barely.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-04, 01:25 AM
Sorry about that. Field Offices cost very little, and frankly in my EoT I just said the orcs take care off it, and it happened- so I suppose it was essentially free. (A fraction of a wealth is probably closer to the truth).

Everything seems to have gone well.

EDIT- So a lot of fighting occurred? Must of missed that... well, at least misunderstood the size of the conflict.

It only took a couple lines in the first post but all told there was 59 actual mil involved, plus a ton of various traits, VIPs, and other stats. It was pretty much a small war down there, albeit a short rather confined one.

Copper8642
2012-12-04, 01:29 AM
I participated!

oblivion6
2012-12-04, 01:34 AM
I participated!

That you did! Turns out me putting my VIP towards that was likely unnecessary. Now I suppose its time to plan a counterattack or something similiar...I say we put that VIP we captured to death if he cant be turned.

Do VIP wounds heal over time?

Zemalac
2012-12-04, 01:40 AM
That you did! Turns out me putting my VIP towards that was likely unnecessary. Now I suppose its time to plan a counterattack or something similiar...I say we put that VIP we captured to death if he cant be turned.

Do VIP wounds heal over time?

VIP wounds heal over time if the VIP is not actually used for actions in subsequent turns. Forcing the VIP to be active reduces recovery time and gives penalties to whatever they're trying to do.

Also, just as a note to the SGA about prisoners of war:

Most of the captured MIL and the captured VIP are not actually in your hands. They surrendered specifically and directly to House Wallen. Their fates are entirely up to him. Just as a note.

Also: Executing prisoners of war is, essentially, akin to taking your REP out behind the shed and shooting it.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-04, 01:45 AM
SGA
I have no Rep. So unless you are going to give me negative Rep essentially for free, and it appears to work almost as well as positive Rep, then they can simply be turned over to the sausage guild for plausible deniability.

Shoot I've got other uses for prisoners than death anyway. And it's not like I'm letting outside observers into my tunnels to see exactly what I am doing with any prisoners.

Edit: Also I think calling them prisoners of war is a bit of a stretch. Not only are they not soldiers, but no war was ever declared. And when people normally attack merchants who are simply going about their business they're regarded as thieves and bandits not honorable combatants. Especially given how they tried to start things.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-04, 01:49 AM
The technist guild does not eat elf, human, orc, dwarf or anyone we may have fought with. We'll stick with the normal chops, don't want the new style.

oblivion6
2012-12-04, 01:52 AM
I have no Rep. So unless you are going to give me negative Rep essentially for free, and it appears to work almost as well as positive Rep, then they can simply be turned over to the sausage guild for plausible denianility.

Shoot I've got other uses for prisoners than death anyway.

They can serve as cannon fodder for the next battle. Just throw them ahead to clear any traps that may be lying in wait.

Oh, who is in Druemont? I think it is Gears-Chosen but I dont see any info on who actually rules there underneath that fanatical cult.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-04, 01:54 AM
Hey now is that a slur on the sausage guild. I'll have you know that no sentient creatures has ever been used in a sausage guild sausage. That's one of our main guild laws. Ever since the Schismatic Famine of 913, when the Sausage Guild had some internal dissension.

Zemalac
2012-12-04, 01:57 AM
SGA
I have no Rep. So unless you are going to give me negative Rep essentially for free, and it appears to work almost as well as positive Rep, then they can simply be turned over to the sausage guild for plausible deniability.

Shoot I've got other uses for prisoners than death anyway. And it's not like I'm letting outside observers into my tunnels to see exactly what I am doing with any prisoners.

Edit: Also I think calling them prisoners of war is a bit of a stretch. Not only are they not soldiers, but no war was ever declared. And when people normally attack merchants who are simply going about their business they're regarded as thieves and bandits not honorable combatants. Especially given how they tried to start things.

It would be giving you free negative REP, yes. That's one of the ways to get negative REP, is by doing things like that. However, it was not your REP that I was thinking of, really--House Wallen has the prisoners now, and House Wallen made a significant effort early in the game to get their REP out of negatives, and with their current set of traits would lose quite a bit from having it go back down.

You make a good point about them being regarded as bandits and thieves, however. That would end up changing the equation, if it came down to that. I suppose it's all in how you present it.

EDIT:

Oh, who is in Druemont? I think it is Gears-Chosen but I dont see any info on who actually rules there underneath that fanatical cult.

The Dreumont are humans who revere ice elf culture and magic. I'm not entirely sure what else you are asking.

Imperial Psycho
2012-12-04, 02:18 AM
We undercommitted. I knew we would. Damn.

Rafinius
2012-12-04, 02:41 AM
Bah. Skinwalkers.
Anyway, how much teacher material did you send Grim?
And Murska, how did the mining stuff go for you?

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 04:56 AM
Zemalac: I put 2 MAG to help with ESGE book writing. And more Mages? Did Daimot MAG score grow?

A lot of things went really not as I expected this turn.

Edit: Zemalac

Well, it appears now Vasari has a plan. Though I'm paranoid enough to check for their authenticity you know. A considerable joke at my expense, if they were switched. Unless I'm being too paranoid.

Edit-Edit:

Heh, good old Peacocks.

Why I love Heladuit Court:

The Heladuit Court has broken into the coffin and funeral suit markets. Business is booming.

Heladuit Court: [redacted] MIL loss [redacted] by order to ďput the Laheim in frontĒ

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-04, 06:20 AM
Well, this sure was fun.

Oblivion:
Sorry about your Wealth. It could not be helped, in the japanese way of the phrase.

Lucky the Wardens kept to themselves. I was impossibly worried.

Arcane:
You will not believe how glad was to see you appear the Sausage. Whatever I did, you saved the day.

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 06:39 AM
You know the name Zemalac gave to what happened in the Stocks in the EoT. Very appropriate. Lord Wallen, Wardens, Ram, and who else? All playing a game with the fate of the city. I wonder, who actually won there.

What have the Merchants done to deserve this? We heard them vote in favour of full citizenship to the Orcs of Tregon, and this happens to them?

Really? You sly dog. :smallbiggrin:

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-04, 09:35 AM
The Technists have their offical response. "What the Rust happened? Mertintile, what the heck did you sell these guys to get them so mad at you?"

We are the (In)sane Techies, and bring this confused message to a much more aware you.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-04, 09:52 AM
I believe that the ruffians are trying to weaken King James by attacking the SGA one of his strongest supporters. The irony of course being that if they had actually attacked King James with everything they sent after the Mercantile Guild they probably would have smashed him since he doesn't have the entire SGA guarding his territory.

Launching an attack when the Mercantile were worried about a Warden invasion and had called in SGA support was also a tactical mistake in my opinion.

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 09:56 AM
[redacted]

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-04, 10:00 AM
Err well, I actually know pretty much exactly what's happening. But I'm not entirely sure how much of that is IC knowledge and how much is OOC, so I'm keeping it to myself and playing the Sausage Guild as only covering the first layer of the pileup, i.e. that the ruffians attacked us.

Edit: I also don't particularly want to bring it up in the OOC thread where everyone can see. We can discuss this more in the IC SGA meeting.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-04, 12:01 PM
Technists are Fed up with this whole thing:smallannoyed: So, lets settle this in the Blackfists Football arena, with neutral witnesses and agreed on terms.

What? In all honestym, am I the only one intrested in saving lives or behaving semi-rationaly:smallsigh:

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 12:27 PM
I don't think SGA is actually fine with wealth redistribution. If we lose we give up our wealth and if they lose, they will stop trying to kill us? That's not exactly a fair wager.

razovor
2012-12-04, 12:34 PM
Where does this idea of King James making and breaking promises come from? :smallconfused:

All he ever promised to do was instate the three houses when he come into power, and defend the SGA.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-04, 12:35 PM
Well you haven't done a great job on the second one.

razovor
2012-12-04, 12:38 PM
You didn't tell me where to send my men.

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 12:46 PM
That true, though BH has privately requested a token force. Well, the Champions can act now.

razovor
2012-12-04, 12:49 PM
You asked me to defend you. Sending forces to your territory doesn't seem like it would have helped.

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 12:53 PM
Why not? And if it wouldn't have worked, at least some other show of support...
It didn't need to be much.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-04, 01:03 PM
Ya, but we have to make a fiar deal for the wager. We lose? We have to create some addtional business and work opportunities for the RSA's people, under their management. We'd still have a hand in the pie, but should benifit everyone.

Plus, we'd have to agree to a limit on VIP's, Traits and Stats to be used. So, should be a fair game, unless ESP is used:smalltongue:

Murska
2012-12-04, 01:07 PM
Bah. Skinwalkers.
Anyway, how much teacher material did you send Grim?
And Murska, how did the mining stuff go for you?

I got nothing out of that, but I got the agreed deal from Gears Chosen.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-04, 02:04 PM
Ya, but we have to make a fiar deal for the wager. We lose? We have to create some addtional business and work opportunities for the RSA's people, under their management. We'd still have a hand in the pie, but should benifit everyone.

Plus, we'd have to agree to a limit on VIP's, Traits and Stats to be used. So, should be a fair game, unless ESP is used:smalltongue:

You are missing the point. Why should we, the SGA, agree to a wager. This isn't a position where the ruffians just barely got beaten back. We beat them severely. And if they try it again we will beat them again. No need for any wager at all. The more times they try to attack the more they will lose, simple as that.

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 05:00 PM
Zemalac: can Vasari make it back to the city during this turn?

Copper8642
2012-12-04, 05:13 PM
You guys are your proposed juries.

You're adorable.

Edit:
Why I love Heladuit Court:

I love you too, Bloodhaven.

Zemalac
2012-12-04, 05:18 PM
Zemalac: can Vasari make it back to the city during this turn?

Unless something happens to him on the way back, yes.

Copper8642
2012-12-04, 05:20 PM
Unless something happens to him on the way back, yes.

So no, probably not. :smalltongue:

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 05:24 PM
So he'll be available for fluff purposes on the next turn?

Wardens: should I write additional fluff?

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-04, 05:28 PM
Agree with Thel's love towards the Heladuits.

I can't help but admire their stile.

Not that good things can't be said about most factions of the city.

I think that my favourites are Doc Vassari (Hey, I'm in his line of work, can't help it), the Orks (Awesome. Just awesome), the ESGE (Crazy nobles, they can't have been that bad back when they were the rulers), and I can't help but be a little creeped out by the Wren.

Never really got what is his game (Both IC and OOC; clueless).

Imperial Psycho
2012-12-04, 05:31 PM
Creeped out? Don't think I ever expected to elicit that particular reaction.

Hopefully, my game will become pretty clear by the end.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-04, 05:37 PM
I have to give a special mention to the Gears Chosen, for building the UNGODLY UNNATURAL THUNDERSTORMSTORM OF FINAL DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ERASE SAV ATULAS FROM THE FACE OF THE PLANET but at least doesn't cause cancer

Imperial Psycho

I'm not sure it's the best term (Again... Broken english by my part). What I find uncanny/creepy about them (Both OC and IC), is how they play their cards.

Most of us are playing chess. The Wren looks like it's playing poker.

And that is unsettling. Awesome, but deeply unsettling.

Don't tell me anything. It will be more fun to discover this in the endgame, wether I win or (More probably) lose. :smallsmile:

Murska
2012-12-04, 05:59 PM
I pretty much know what Thel feels about me, but how about those who aren't directly opposed to the Wardens?

Thel: If Vassari returns this turn, we should probably fluff our meeting on the road soon.

EDIT: By the way, everyone - Wardens have five Commander-level people that are purely fluff VIPs. One of them, Everett, is deep in the Shattered Lands right now and unavailable to most of you, but the rest are up if someone wants to try and have a fluff meeting with them (openly in the thread, though it'd be OOC knowledge to most others I guess) to try and influence the meeting of the Council of Commanders.

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 06:16 PM
Zemalac: If I don't make it to city, can I still make Warden's man in the Shattered Land? I'm asking to see for fluff scene (or more, depending on how it goes I guess). Also, would it be a PM one?

Murska
2012-12-04, 06:17 PM
As note on the above, my man would be a fluff VIP only. I'd like to make the meeting public as it'd mainly be for RP, what with me and Thel meeting privately this turn anyway for a real discussion, but even though everyone could read it I feel the knowledge of that meeting and what was said would be OOC unless someone was somehow spying on that particular location far out in the Shattered Lands.

Thelonius
2012-12-04, 06:18 PM
That would make sense. I don't mind.

ragingrage
2012-12-04, 11:18 PM
Hm. Wondering if I should try to make the number of posts I make this turn equal to the number of posts I have made over the entire game so far. I might be able to do it, depending.
EDIT: I want to say that's ~36 posts. Let's see.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-06, 08:48 AM
Well guys; I'll be out for most of the day. so Lord Wallen will remain pretty silent tday.

Talk to you later!!

When is the next EoT?

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-06, 09:15 AM
Friday the 14th.

oblivion6
2012-12-06, 09:34 AM
Well guys; I'll be out for most of the day. so Lord Wallen will remain pretty silent tday.

Talk to you later!!

When is the next EoT?

Good thing too. I will be silent starting friday evening for some undetermined amount of time. Depends on how long it takes for people to perform some updates on the power-line.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-06, 08:07 PM
I didn't expect to post again until tomorrow, but today was something of a weird day in RL.

So, I am posting now; even though I may not be able to later.

A pesticide spilling in a place I was going to travel through (An important train and bus station which happens to be near the docks (Where the spill happened)) generating a toxic cloud that caused the town centre to be evacuated; a storm creating a river right in the middle of town (I swear, a guy was going around in a kayak) and electricity going down and up again.

All while the authorities make everything specifically worse.

Man, sometimes I love Buenos Aires. Today, not so much.

Nyrt
2012-12-07, 08:24 PM
Is the EOT due today, or is it due next Friday?

[edit] Nevermind, question's already been answered.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-07, 08:25 PM
Next friday

oblivion6
2012-12-08, 12:10 AM
Oddly enough, for the first time in many many turns, I am not afraid of being curbstomped by the Wardens. For some strange reason, I think they might actually stick to their end of the bargain. Still having EBSA write up a binding agreement though...

Greystone: Does the writing up of such contracts and binding them into law cost any money? I would be glad to fund it if I need too.

Greystone
2012-12-08, 02:02 PM
Oddly enough, for the first time in many many turns, I am not afraid of being curbstomped by the Wardens. For some strange reason, I think they might actually stick to their end of the bargain. Still having EBSA write up a binding agreement though...

Greystone: Does the writing up of such contracts and binding them into law cost any money? I would be glad to fund it if I need too.

For something like this we would probably charge a fee simply for the overtime research and services provided by our employees.

Murska
2012-12-08, 02:05 PM
Oddly enough, for the first time in many many turns, I am not afraid of being curbstomped by the Wardens.

I see my plan is working.

oblivion6
2012-12-08, 03:52 PM
I see my plan is working.

Oh, I didnt say I trusted you completely. I'm just not worried this turn.

puppyavenger
2012-12-08, 10:32 PM
So I took a few days off for finals and..wow. Not what I was hoping to come back to.

Anyway, I'll need a bit to catch up on everything, sorry. Although my personal losses seem pretty negligable at the moment, so.

oblivion6
2012-12-08, 10:49 PM
So I took a few days off for finals and..wow. Not what I was hoping to come back to.

Anyway, I'll need a bit to catch up on everything, sorry. Although my personal losses seem pretty negligable at the moment, so.

You call your losses negligable? On top of losing a couple points of MIL and the Gilded Pyramid being disabled, you completely lost the element of suprise and my wealth is still intact. I remember laughing so hard after the initial shock.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-08, 10:52 PM
Avenger, if you leave the RSA, and Join the Mad Scientists Convention, all will be well.

That, and your guys are the only ones the Technists can have a good rousing technical debate with.

oblivion6
2012-12-08, 11:00 PM
Avenger, if you leave the RSA, and Join the Mad Scientists Convention, all will be well.

No, it would not be well. That would only serve to drive a wedge between me and the Technists, Grim.

I would cease all relations with them. I knew this day would have to come eventually. Glad I didnt buy into their whole "Celestial Network" deal.

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-09, 01:05 AM
It wouldn't be called that of course:smalltongue: It would be the Science for the Greater Good of Sentients. Lets redirect some of that crazy to more... humantiarian ends (from the creators of Napalm).

puppyavenger
2012-12-09, 01:17 AM
It wouldn't be called that of course:smalltongue: It would be the Science for the Greater Good of Sentients. Lets redirect some of that crazy to more... humantiarian ends (from the creators of Napalm).

Look, I've only got a few long-term goal for the city (and cleansing Downline seems to be out of the question for the moment), and one fo them is turning as much of the Smokeyards as I kind into an electro-punk wonderland. Working with you seems like the best way to achieve that.

Imperial Psycho
2012-12-09, 05:42 AM
You call your losses negligable? On top of losing a couple points of MIL and the Gilded Pyramid being disabled, you completely lost the element of suprise and my wealth is still intact. I remember laughing so hard after the initial shock.

I do love being underestimated. :smallsmile:

oblivion6
2012-12-09, 01:19 PM
I do love being underestimated. :smallsmile:

I realize your far from finished. I saw your military contributions and if I remember correctly you still have atleast half of that left, plus your probably formidable espionage.

Oh, did you lose any REP for this? Your whole reason for attacking me went up in flames after all.

Imperial Psycho
2012-12-09, 01:43 PM
Did I give any reason?

oblivion6
2012-12-09, 01:51 PM
Did I give any reason?

I figured that was the whole point of trying to spark the riots in Caravansei. My soldiers step in to arrest the orcs of the Rams Revolution and you use it as an excuse to attack me. As well as possibly giving the Tregon Orcs a reason to move against me as well.

Imperial Psycho
2012-12-09, 01:56 PM
*shrug* I wasn't involved in that.

Thelonius
2012-12-09, 02:16 PM
It doesn't look like there'll be REP loss. Mercantile Guild's REP isn't high enough for people to feel sympathetic and nobody cares about orks.

Edited.

Murska
2012-12-09, 03:35 PM
If any SGA people have VIPs free, I think your points of view would be valuable in the Warden-SGA meeting.

Nyrt
2012-12-10, 07:06 PM
Ahh! I'm really, really confused by all the conversations in the IC. 'Topsy-Turvy talks,' 'an odd discussion,' 'the meeting,' 'A curious Gathering,' 'A peculiar happenstance'

Are these all one conversation? They're all PMs! They just appeared one day with no explanation! How did the people involved know which they're involved in?

Confusion!

razovor
2012-12-10, 07:21 PM
They're all the same talk. It's the same confusion the RSA had before they settled on their name.

ForzaFiori
2012-12-10, 07:43 PM
It's always fun to watch the names get sorted out. I was hoping for the RSA to stick with the RamGear FistWren (or some other combo of those words) but that's just me.

oblivion6
2012-12-10, 08:10 PM
They're all the same talk. It's the same confusion the RSA had before they settled on their name.

I wouldnt call it 'confusion' necessarilly. More like 'experimenting' on what sounds better. I mean this is the first time in recorded history that the Wardens and the Mercantile's Guild are actually at peace and that cant be attributed to just some random PM tag. Has to sound just right.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-10, 10:03 PM
I love that Nyrt seemed to lose a monocle back there.

And, cheers to the name experimentation! It's fun!

Murska
2012-12-11, 08:01 AM
I'm just picking out names with a similar theme because I think it's funny, personally.

Eldan
2012-12-11, 01:38 PM
It's always fun to watch the names get sorted out. I was hoping for the RSA to stick with the RamGear FistWren (or some other combo of those words) but that's just me.

Same here, but no one wanted to settle for one. I still think Ramfist Wrengear is the best.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-12, 11:24 PM
Just thought I would post this again so people wouldn't have to go digging through the first OOC thread. Bold is mine for emphasis.

I should probably note here that a lot of those prisoners (most of them, in fact) weren't really political prisoners, and the majority of those who told you they were were probably lying so you would let them stay in the city. Under the sorceress' reign, the real political prisoners vanished into the Heartspears' special dungeons and were never heard from again. Gatehouse Prison was, in truth, a prison for criminals. A lot of them were in there for pretty bad crimes, with the intent of throwing them to the wolves in the Harrowing Fields (saves money on paying the headsman, brings in some coin from people wanting to see the fights, etc). In theory, the petty criminals wouldn't get thrown into the fields, but the line between petty crook and serial killer got kind of blurred when they were running low on hardcore fighters.

Also, I really cannot stress enough how much everyone except the prisoners liked the blood games. It wasn't the upper classes watching these things--most of the nobility don't want to travel to the edge of Runner's City to see something they view as barbaric. It was the common population that watched the fights, that cheered as men, women and beasts died for their entertainment. It was bread and circuses for the masses, and not a lot of people are happy with the replacement. I mean, people barely get decapitated at all in football.

EDIT: I should probably reclarify this...there were political prisoners in there, they just weren't Desoui's political enemies (because they were all dead). Used to be, you could pay the Warden to have people stored in the prison, no questions asked, and the more unscrupulous nobles or factions who didn't have their own secret police and private dungeons took advantage of that more often than not.

Eldan
2012-12-13, 03:29 AM
Well, yes, I know that. The fist doesn't, or doesn't want to admit it. They are still very much convinced that they are doing the right thing.