PDA

View Full Version : Total War: Broken City OOC 2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Zemalac
2012-12-28, 03:04 PM
My apologies for my radio silence for the past couple of days. Post-Christmas shenanigans have kept me pretty busy.

For all of you who keep asking me or are planning on asking me, the EoT deadline in Saturday. Which would, at this point, be tomorrow.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-28, 03:45 PM
Will there be another NPC update before then?

Zemalac
2012-12-28, 03:50 PM
Will there be another NPC update before then?

Probably. I'll try to be around more often today to make up for my absence over the past few days.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-28, 04:07 PM
Now I'm waiting to see if anyone is going to point out that the accusations King James is using to prove that Lord Wallen is not honorable are exactly the same things he has been accused of.

razovor
2012-12-28, 04:22 PM
Now I'm waiting to see if anyone is going to point out that the accusations King James is using to prove that Lord Wallen is not honorable are exactly the same things he has been accused of.

James isn't necessarily accusing him of something bad. A few people die, a threat to the city is destroyed. Who can say how many lives the Blackfist would destroy if they hadn't been taken down?

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-28, 04:29 PM
James isn't necessarily accusing him of something bad. A few people die, a threat to the city is destroyed. Who can say how many lives the Blackfist would destroy if they hadn't been taken down?

Sure whether it's good or not is debatable. He said that himself. But he also said that regardless of that issue, it was a dishonorable plan. Which means James also did something dishonorable as he did the exact same thing, except without actually following through on the eradication of threats to a city part.

Eldan
2012-12-28, 04:43 PM

We don't destroy lives! We just killed a handful of criminals. Mostly murder and theft by proxy.

razovor
2012-12-28, 04:46 PM
Sure whether it's good or not is debatable. He said that himself. But he also said that regardless of that issue, it was a dishonorable plan. Which means James also did something dishonorable as he did the exact same thing, except without actually following through on the eradication of threats to a city part.

Yes. If James did do what he's accused of, it was dishonourable.

Being dishonourable isn't as hard to believe though, as being maliciously power-hungry.

I'm not sure how I'm doing in terms of stats, but I assume I'm one of the lowest. I've been investing most of my resources into improving the citizens well-being since this game began.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-28, 04:47 PM
Yes. If James did do what he's accused of, it was dishonourable.

Being dishonourable isn't as hard to believe though, as being maliciously power-hungry.

I'm not sure how I'm doing in terms of stats, but I assume I'm one of the lowest. I've been investing most of my resources into improving the citizens well-being since this game began.

Well why don't you tell us what your stats are and I'll tell you how you are doing. :smallbiggrin:

razovor
2012-12-28, 05:00 PM
I already told you my espionage and military. My reputation and morale are public.

In all, I have 34.

36 with influence

Imperial Psycho
2012-12-28, 05:05 PM
30% accounts for Morale and Rep, which aren't capped by territory.

razovor
2012-12-28, 06:46 PM
I'm bored of refuting this argument;

Instead, you let the enemy past right in front of your gates.

Zemalac, can I OOC confirmation as to how moving through other factions territory works?

If they do not know the movement is coming in advance, and their forces all away at the time, can they stop the movement?

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-28, 06:49 PM
Ah, it's not about if James could or could not.
It's about how it looks.

The King letting the enemy past, to attack his subjects?
And about an attack he knew was going?
Not warning beforehand, making an ambush in his territory, etc?

Surely he must have had a reason, like betrayal. Otherwise, he is incompetent.

Maybe he didn't plan to let the RSA past his turf, but in the context of the treason accusation it looks plain bad.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-28, 07:03 PM
Can I get an answer to my last PM before the EoT.

Murska
2012-12-28, 07:04 PM
Do note that all conversations are face to face, there are no recorders and so there's no proof that they ever happened. Can you prove James knew of the attack beforehand, and in time to recall his forces from the Shattered Lands?

Zemalac, I hope that the NPCs also voice their opinions on the current governmental debate thing.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-28, 07:06 PM
Well, he did admit in public to be in league with the Wren after I accused him.

I'd say yes.

On most of the other things, it's mostly very strong circumstantial evidence, and some very incriminating letters.

EDIT: Agree on the NPC idea.

Imperial Psycho
2012-12-28, 07:07 PM
Would the attack have involved so much blood if you hadn't rushed to counterattack it?

Murska
2012-12-28, 07:08 PM
Letters prove nothing unless there's an unbroken seal and they're in the King's own handwriting - something that no incriminating letter would have. At least no letter I'd personally send.

EDIT: Personally my main beef is with people trying to cheat me out of the Prison on the basis that I wasn't there to retake it, when I specifically asked for people to tell me if they were attacking, promised a large amount of support on the condition that I'd get enough help to make the attack worthwhile and then was not informed of the attack you others committed to.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-28, 07:11 PM
It would have involved little Wren blood, if that's what you are referring to.
But the civilians in the Stacks would have lost everything, and in many cases their lives.

It was an organized sack, that was effectively routed.

Most of the casualties were RSA.

XXI century thinking OOC, it was a catastrophe and the police chief should be fired.

Reform-time Fantasy setting IC, it was an efficiently won battle.

EDIT: Murska, you are right. I apologized in-game.
And honestly, I missed your message there.

And, about the letters; they wouldn't be admitted in any modern courthouse.

Again, IC Fantasy Reform age Courts....

oblivion6
2012-12-28, 07:11 PM
Would the attack have involved so much blood if you hadn't rushed to counterattack it?

Of course we counterattacked. If it wasnt for the fact that Wallen just happened to know of the enemies plans, most of the Stacks would have been devastated. I couldnt let that go unanswered.

razovor
2012-12-28, 07:13 PM
On most of the other things, it's mostly very strong circumstantial evidence, and some very incriminating letters..

I've yet to see any evidence.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-28, 07:15 PM
I've yet to see any evidence.

Blame the EBSA there, not me. I sent them everything I had.

OH MY GOD, I'm actually gloating.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean that.

Thelonius
2012-12-28, 07:19 PM
Arcane – can you answer to my PM, before you send your EoT? I need to know if you’ll make the payment and whether you will act on my offer.

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-28, 07:32 PM
Arcane – can you answer to my PM, before you send your EoT? I need to know if you’ll make the payment and whether you will act on my offer.

There you go.

ForzaFiori
2012-12-28, 07:48 PM
EDIT: Personally my main beef is with people trying to cheat me out of the Prison on the basis that I wasn't there to retake it, when I specifically asked for people to tell me if they were attacking, promised a large amount of support on the condition that I'd get enough help to make the attack worthwhile and then was not informed of the attack you others committed to.

In our defense, the Wren had assured the RSA that you were going to join the fighting on our side, and Constantine passed word of it on to Wallen, so due to actions, possible with James behind them, you were prevented from helping.

Murska
2012-12-28, 08:30 PM
In our defense, the Wren had assured the RSA that you were going to join the fighting on our side, and Constantine passed word of it on to Wallen, so due to actions, possible with James behind them, you were prevented from helping.

I can understand that, but people keep telling me it's my fault that I didn't join the battle when I specifically tried to join and was misled to believe that there would be no attack.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-12-28, 08:36 PM
I can understand that, but people keep telling me it's my fault that I didn't join the battle when I specifically tried to join and was misled to believe that there would be no attack.

Again, sorry. I missed your post before. :smallredface:

And with the Ram's warnings, I wasn't going to tell you anyways.

I roleplayed it as Wallen being angry and missteping. He is a bit paranoid now, seeing everything as the doings of his enemies :smalltongue:

ArcaneStomper
2012-12-28, 11:28 PM
I am going to be visiting my family in a few hours, so my EoT may be somewhat late.

Imperial Psycho
2012-12-29, 05:17 AM
I do wish I hadn't taken the Wren out of the room. He is quite the orator, or so I hear.

Greystone
2012-12-29, 11:11 AM
Damn power outages! I can't seem to keep my internet for longer than a couple minutes. I'll try to get a EoT and IC update later.

Thelonius
2012-12-29, 11:54 AM
Well, Wardens are pretty convincing in how we shouldn't fight Warlords :smalltongue:. I'm honestly being swayed.

Edit: Okay, to elaborate, from my perspective, if we get weak Lord Protector, we might as well not bother. If we got strong LP, but it causes another civil war, then it might not be worth it.

Copper8642
2012-12-29, 10:58 PM
Healduits may be many things, but subtle and sneaky they are not.
etc.

Subtlety, that's the one where you march in during broad daylight while wearing nothing but gold and sapphires, right?

oblivion6
2013-01-01, 06:25 PM
How are EoTs coming? I am still waiting for the Wardens to end this truce and invade me.

razovor
2013-01-01, 06:56 PM
I am still waiting for the Wardens to end this truce and invade me.

Heh. I'm trying to think of anything you've ever done to earn their ire. It's difficult. :smalltongue:

Regardless, Democracy is a real threat. Hopefully we can put aside our differences to ensure it doesn't worm it's way into the government.

oblivion6
2013-01-01, 08:59 PM
Heh. I'm trying to think of anything you've ever done to earn their ire. It's difficult. :smalltongue:

Other than rousing warlords against them and a couple simple subversion attempts, i've done nothing that I can think of. And all that was after the initial blows had been traded.

Zemalac
2013-01-01, 11:04 PM
How are EoTs coming? I am still waiting for the Wardens to end this truce and invade me.

I've only got a handful of them left at this point. At the very latest, they'll be posted tomorrow, if not later tonight. Sorry about the delay--the past two days have been very busy for me.

oblivion6
2013-01-01, 11:14 PM
No rush. Its giving me time to read through the End of Game plans for my Epic Fantasy game.

Zemalac
2013-01-02, 07:05 PM
And we're good to go. I think some people are going to be a little surprised at how the map has changed.

On an unrelated note, Eldan has been telling me that he wants to keep playing in some minor role or whatever, since he still feels like this is an awesome game. I figured I'd ask you all before going ahead and making the decision--would you guys be cool with him taking over one of the abandoned PC factions? As of now I'm taking over the Gear's Chosen and the Tregon Orcs, since Rafinius and puppyavenger have dissapeared, and we haven't had a House Laurier player for more than half of the game. Might be good to get some non-distracted intelligence behind those guys again, so long as no one is too leery of a former Blackfist player jumping into the driver's seat. I am inclined to believe he wouldn't hold grudges, but I am ever the optimist.

Thoughts?

Also:
NEXT EOT IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 11. THIS IS NEXT FRIDAY.

Murska
2013-01-02, 07:08 PM
I would be fine with it. A player in control of a PC faction is always better than NPCing it.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-02, 07:23 PM
I agree with Murska.

Eldan was great as the Blackfists, I'm sure he will be great as another faction.

I, for one, would like to hear more from Tregon. But that is up to him.

Eldan
2013-01-02, 07:27 PM
The orcs would probably be easiest, as far as I can tell, they weren't involved in any massive secret deals yet. I didn't want to be Laurier, they are too involved, and I never had any contact with them. I don't even really know what that faction was.

Murska
2013-01-02, 07:33 PM
Laurier has no deep dealings with anyone because they haven't been a PC for very long during the game.

The Orcs were allied to me and King James, to some extent - we had a joint operation in making the mines profitable and useful and clearing the Shattered Lands of nearby hostiles.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-02, 07:37 PM
Now that you mention it, it would be interesting to have Laurier as a PC.

oblivion6
2013-01-02, 07:38 PM
House Laurier could be a useful as another PC in the SGA:smalltongue: already pretty much a member.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-02, 07:39 PM
You know, I always wondered why didn't they speak up in the SGA, even as an NPC.

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-02, 07:41 PM
House Laurier has dealings with me. And they are part of the SGA, although they don't talk much. And they've had an entire district uncontested for longer than anyone else in the game. I feel that's a bit powerful to give to a PC at this point. Although if everyone else is fine with it I won't argue.

Personally I would say Gear's Chosen since that is relatively close to the Blackfist's former position, but also in a more neutral stance which isn't really being blamed for the RSA's actions. On the other hand they don't look like they are doing that well without a PC controlling them.

The Orcs would probably be a good choice though. They're fairly free to choose a new strategy and alliances, even if they are leaning towards the Champions at the moment.

Eldan
2013-01-02, 07:49 PM
Well, if power is a problem... I did offer to take over some minor NPC instead.

Imperial Psycho
2013-01-02, 07:52 PM
Laurier also had some dealings with the King, I believe. Still, probably better to go with Gears or Orcs.

razovor
2013-01-02, 07:58 PM
Laurier also had some dealings with the King, I believe.

We had plans when they were PC, but we never got around to committing any stat points to them.

I gave them the Broken Arch neighbourhood, to thank them for helping clear out the gangs there.

Murska
2013-01-02, 08:33 PM
We also had some talks, but no-one seems to have had any real big dealings with them.

Also, jeesh guys, where is my 1 p.Wealth? It's not such an utterly incomprehensibly massive amount of reparations for you to pay, okay?

Thelonius
2013-01-02, 08:41 PM
I knew Neposh would take them over fast and probably surprise me at that. :smallwink: My favorite cultists (well... I'm sort of indifferent to Technists), ready to crush the hated Gear's Chosen.

I'd say with their Influence Wardens will be winning the game.

And every single of my gambles paying off... unexpected delight. So that's what happens, when I bother to increase my stats.

Edit: I just wasn't feeling for poetry with Theater Duel, so I went with prose. I know I've relied on my stats more then fluff to win this one.

Zemalac: Storm Front... Wait, I get that reference. :smallsmile:

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-02, 09:01 PM
We also had some talks, but no-one seems to have had any real big dealings with them.

Also, jeesh guys, where is my 1 p.Wealth? It's not such an utterly incomprehensibly massive amount of reparations for you to pay, okay?

I thought you just took it from the industrialization project. We didn't get that wealth in the SGA.

Thelonius
2013-01-02, 09:09 PM
I actually put 2 MAG to the new clinic as well. It's not noted in the EoT.

oblivion6
2013-01-02, 09:10 PM
I thought you just took it from the industrialization project. We didn't get that wealth in the SGA.

I had thought that too...Plus you stole 1 WEL from me this turn as well. Granted it was yours to begin with but thats beside the point...

ForzaFiori
2013-01-02, 09:35 PM
Ok, so now that the Wardens are touching me, I find myself slightly worried. Gonna need to figure out what to do about this...

Murska
2013-01-02, 09:37 PM

I had thought so as well, and wrote it in my EoT, but I don't know what happened to that Wealth.

@^ Either surrender or ignore me, I guess. Or you could try declaring war.

Eldan
2013-01-02, 09:39 PM
The wardens were touching you? Could you show us where, on this puppet?

Murska
2013-01-02, 09:40 PM
This. This is why I want you to continue playing.

oblivion6
2013-01-02, 09:44 PM
Ok, so now that the Wardens are touching me, I find myself slightly worried. Gonna need to figure out what to do about this...

Declare war on them!

Murska
2013-01-02, 09:46 PM
Do note the bit in the news about how I got a bunch of the Military from the Neposh annexation this turn. :smallsmile:

oblivion6
2013-01-02, 09:59 PM
I think I have a fairly decent idea of the Ram's stats. It would be an interesting battle...

HerbieRAI
2013-01-02, 10:33 PM
Do note the bit in the news about how I got a bunch of the Military from the Neposh annexation this turn. :smallsmile:

And that's why you should never trust Murska. Not that I trusted you, just didn't see it coming. I still got the stats I wanted, but you're a sneaky one. You may want to watch out, I actually have a positive REP now, so I think that means I'm seen as a legit religion.

oblivion6
2013-01-02, 10:37 PM
And that's why you should never trust Murska.

I realize the gains are not as high as he wants us to believe. They were split atleast 3 ways after all.

Also, with Wren and King James leaving the city, what happens to their territory?

razovor
2013-01-02, 10:59 PM
I realize the gains are not as high as he wants us to believe. They were split atleast 3 ways after all.

Also, with Wren and King James leaving the city, what happens to their territory?

That depends. Do you still want Stockyards North?

oblivion6
2013-01-02, 11:02 PM
Of course I do.

Murska
2013-01-02, 11:06 PM
The gains weren't high, but it's still a chunk of Mil for free, added to my usual reinforcements.

razovor
2013-01-02, 11:09 PM
Of course I do.

Cool. I'll send you a line in-thread to discuss it's sale.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-02, 11:36 PM
The wardens were touching you? Could you show us where, on this puppet?

They... They touched me in the seedy underbelly of the city. *bursts into tears*

oblivion6
2013-01-03, 12:08 AM
Razovor, check my latest post for my response. I edited it in.

Eldan
2013-01-03, 04:44 AM
They... They touched me in the seedy underbelly of the city. *bursts into tears*

Ooh. Right in the Runners.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-03, 08:45 AM
(Mumbles of outrage in the courthouse)

"Oh God"

"It cannot be"

"mumblemumblemumble"

oblivion6
2013-01-03, 10:53 AM
(Mumbles of outrage in the courthouse)

"Oh God"

"It cannot be"

"mumblemumblemumble"

Reading this thread is bringing up memories of reading the Crucible in high school:smalltongue:

Murska
2013-01-03, 06:45 PM
Oh, by the way. This thread still shows my Morale (and therefore DEsp) as 7 - it's actually 8. Keep that in mind while reading my messages, not that I'm sending many.

razovor
2013-01-03, 09:46 PM
I'm disappointed there is no word for communism in this game. I suppose I could invent the word myself. Write a book about how horrible it and democracy would be.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-03, 09:58 PM
:smallbiggrin:
someone is bound to point out that they are not the same thing.

If you bring out communism, I'm bringing out Chaplin.

"Wardens! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Wardens! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!"

"In the name of Constitutional Aristocracy, let us all unite!!!"

EDIT: Shame on me, my brother just told me what "The Crucible" was. I knew it by its spanish name :smalltongue:

“Until an hour before the Blackfist fell, The Wren thought him beautiful in Runner's City.”

And one for James: “We are what we always were in Sav Atulus, but now the little crazy children are jangling the keys of the kingdom, and common vengeance writes the law!”

Thelonius
2013-01-03, 10:03 PM
And Murska was worried the conflict and fighting were gone. :smallsmile:

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-03, 10:14 PM
Tell me about it.

I'm going to fall, I know it (My mistake was too bad). But I'm going down spectacularly.

Thelonius
2013-01-03, 10:54 PM
I wonder what that mistake was. Perhaps putting to vote the issue of territories in Runner's City.

Wardens expanding certainly made everybody nervous, though they haven't actually done anything wrong. Just grew even more powerful.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-04, 12:34 AM
If I'm right and I indeed fall; I'll tell. It's not a secret anyways. :smallbiggrin:

oblivion6
2013-01-04, 04:27 AM
My response to you has been added to my latest post Forza.

Thelonius
2013-01-04, 05:45 AM
Okay, I'm not certain what's happening, but what's going on with the Prison :smallconfused:. Was there an agreement, or are Wardens just taking whatever they want now?

Cause if it's the second, we should probably wipe them out now, before they take more stuff.

Edit: Ah. It looks like it was ESBA approved. So I guess false alarm.

Eldan
2013-01-04, 11:10 AM
Well, at least someone's taking up the political discussions now that I'm gone...

I'll probably take the orcs, if no one objects to that.

razovor
2013-01-04, 11:14 AM
Well, at least someone's taking up the political discussions now that I'm gone...

I'll probably take the orcs, if no one objects to that.

Fine by me.

Thelonius
2013-01-05, 04:50 AM
Eldan, from what point are you officially Orks of Trebon?

Eldan
2013-01-05, 05:56 AM
Well, I'm at least waiting on an official OK from Zemalac. Stats would be nice, too, but I can start without them.

Zemalac
2013-01-05, 07:34 PM
Well, I'm at least waiting on an official OK from Zemalac. Stats would be nice, too, but I can start without them.

Sorry about that. You can have the orcs of Tregon. I'll send you the stats, traits and other details now.

Eldan
2013-01-06, 04:37 AM
Right then. *knuckle crack*

Dear me, dear me, dear me! What am I ever going to do! Such a vulnerable position! How can I ever survive! Woe, woe, woe, how we suffer, how bad our stats are! And I have no viable plans whatsoever for the future!

Thelonius
2013-01-06, 10:07 AM
Yeah... So in the words of the immortal Bender ''Kill All Humans''. :smallsmile:

Edit-ed Out

Edited-in:

Interesting that Orks are setting up their own state, rather then seeking to join Sav Altulus.

Imperial Psycho
2013-01-06, 10:41 AM
Tregon you guys, not Trebon.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-06, 10:52 AM
And here I was, thinking I had read the name wrong.

Thel, good to quote the Grand Master Bender.

Eldan
2013-01-06, 10:54 AM
Tregon you guys, not Trebon.

Orcs have a problem pronouncinb the letter "g". Their tusks get in the way.

Yes, I'm stickinb to that.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-06, 10:57 AM
Orcs have a problem pronouncinb the letter "g". Their tusks get in the way.

Yes, I'm stickinb to that.

I'm just going to say It's good to have you back.

Zemalac
2013-01-09, 11:08 PM
Sorry for being slow to reply to things this week--I got jumped by a fairly major project as soon as I got back to college, and working on that has taken up a lot of my time.

On a related note, it may take me a while to get this turn's EoTs back to people, since I'm going to prioritize coding over game writing this weekend. Just wanted to give everyone advance notice of that.

Thelonius
2013-01-10, 03:48 AM
I think you have been consistently replying, so no complaints from me.

Eldan
2013-01-10, 02:11 PM
Wasn't there an OOC recently that I missed? I spent hte last two or three days with no computer access.

Murska
2013-01-11, 11:54 AM
Writing EoT, I have a free moment now.

Merc. Guild, do remember the 1 p.Wealth.

Greystone
2013-01-11, 01:40 PM
Could a good Samaritan summarize what happened this turn for me? Also, anyone waiting on a reply, let me know through this thread or PM. I've been so behind, I don't even know whats happening this turn.

Thelonius
2013-01-11, 02:41 PM
ESGE: Waiting for your presence at the Masquerade and your support, as we've discussed.

Technists Guild: So, with Industrialists issue resolved, don't forget to put it in EoT.

Mercantile Guild & Sausage Guild: So following that little project.

ESBA: Message 991 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14486919&postcount=991)

As far as I know, this turn was relatively calm. Which may indicate I know perilously little. Wardens now run half of the Runner's City, which makes certain factions edgy.

Champions & Wren left the city for the Kingdom of Gregoria.

Wardens took control of the Prison, with permission of ESBA.

Ascott Lascelles is organizing a little Masquerade in the Lomb Circle, to keep the good folks of the city entertained.

Hmm... Can't say I recall many other things of note.

Nyrt
2013-01-11, 02:48 PM
ESGE: Waiting for your presence at the Masquerade and your support, as we've discussed.

Oh, that's this turn? What about the Adventure?

Grimsage Matt
2013-01-11, 03:48 PM
And about the Adventure. If you want us to lend you the airship, I'm close to a location. Good old fashioned ruined lab type deal.

oblivion6
2013-01-11, 06:08 PM
Merc. Guild, do remember the 1 p.Wealth.

Already put it in my EoT when I sent it in on Wednesday. Suppose now I need to send an edit and send some wealth to Sausage Guild but you will have your wealth. Also sent in several more points of WEL than originally dplanned to help you with your walls.

Also, please tell me the adventure is not starting this turn...

Edit: Rams Revolution, dont forget our agreement regarding Blackfist territories.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-11, 06:42 PM
Mechants - Deal is officially remembered.:smalltongue:

Technists - you good with me paying off the entire rest of the money for the blackpowder weapons, rather than 2 this month and 1 next?

Thelonius
2013-01-12, 08:01 AM
We haven't actually decided on the destination - what's that stuff about old laboratory?

Zemalac
2013-01-12, 10:43 AM
Still need EoTs from the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers, the Executive Breuacracy, the Heladuit Court and the Order of the Wren. I'm not going to have much time to work on EoTs this weekend, so there isn't all that much of a rush, but please get those to me quick as you can anyway.

Zemalac
2013-01-16, 09:40 PM
Everyone should have an EoT back by now. As usual, if I've forgotten to change numbers around anywhere, please let me know. Make special note of the numbers on the table in the OP, because a lot of people's MOR and INF changed this turn and I'm not sure if I got all of them down.

Next turn is due next Friday, also known as January 25th.

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-16, 09:54 PM
Never mind the booby traps question in my PM. I just read the IC.

Also could we get a report on how the SGA assets did?

ForzaFiori
2013-01-16, 10:10 PM
Technists - It was 5 WEL for BP weapons, right? Cause that's what I've payed you over the last 2 turns.

Grimsage Matt
2013-01-16, 10:12 PM
Got the t.Wel, thought I put it in me EoT:smallredface: You'll get 'em this turn, and sorry for that:smallredface:

Thelonius
2013-01-17, 04:55 PM
I am at the point, where the path branches in so many directions. What to do, what to do. Choices, choices, choices.

oblivion6
2013-01-18, 09:59 PM
Have you considered my offer Eldan? The one offering you 3 WEL and the use of Sorenson/Gear engineers in exchange for the mercs? Or Vasiri and I can go back to original deal I suppose.

Eldan
2013-01-19, 05:48 AM
Well, I already get all the raw material I need myself now, and an architect. I'd mainly just masons and wealth now.

oblivion6
2013-01-19, 01:44 PM
Well, I already get all the raw material I need myself now, and an architect. I'd mainly just masons and wealth now.

Right. We can go with the other deal then.

Thelonius
2013-01-23, 11:51 AM
Silversmiths haven't answered my message. :smallfrown: It appears my sinister plans are in jeopardy.

ragingrage
2013-01-23, 02:06 PM
Sorry, I've been reallly busy recently. I'll get back to it soon. :smallfrown:

Greystone
2013-01-23, 03:31 PM
Sorry, I've been reallly busy recently. I'll get back to it soon. :smallfrown:

i've had a similar problem, moving back into college has been trying.

Thelonius
2013-01-24, 08:56 PM
It appears we might have Zemalac back now. :smallsmile: And nobody was to blame, no sirs, not anybody. Don't know what'cha talking about.

Zemalac
2013-01-24, 09:50 PM
It appears we might have Zemalac back now. :smallsmile: And nobody was to blame, no sirs, not anybody. Don't know what'cha talking about.

You noticed me commenting on the latest chapter in Worm, I take it? Damn good story, and I thank you for directing me to it.

And yes, I am going to have more time to deal with this game now that I'm not spending all of my free time reading through that. Starting later this evening, probably.

Copper8642
2013-01-25, 12:43 AM
No. It was MY fault he vanished! MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Pay no attention to the envelope marked "Ransom money" which has been signed by his parents.

Eldan
2013-01-25, 04:16 AM
Oh, more Worm readers here? Sweet.

Thelonius
2013-01-25, 07:57 AM
Gah... need resources so badly, I'm actually considering a loan with Exhange. And those guys nearly bankrupted me with interest payments the last time I took out one.

You fool Copper! You could have gained some IC advantage, yet you squandered it on 100,000$ in unmarked bills... Shame on you.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-25, 10:15 AM
I think there are several Worm readers around here (Including your humble servant here), thanks to a certain person.

To the guys I have deals with: If you have any last minute changes to our deals, you have about 6 or 7 hours to tell me.

Eldan
The Wealth is the total price; the Masons take a part of it. So, as long as BH keeps its word, there will be no troubles

Eldan
2013-01-25, 10:41 AM
There's one question we should probably clear with Zemalac:
I have access to quarries and logging, and my own workers. Does any of that give a discount? If yes, I'd probably like to go even higher with the amount of fortifications.

Oh, and according to the comment section, Worm fans are called "Skittles" now.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-25, 10:56 AM
Eldan
You should check that with him.

It will change the mount you have to spend; probably.

I won't have to change anything on the EoT. As a precaution I will remove the reference to the Fortification Level to make sure I make a good use of your wealth.

But check it; You can probably get one more level or two for the same cash.

EDIT: Skittles? Hilarious!

I've never actually tried them. You wouild be furious if you knew how expensive those kind of imported things are around here.

oblivion6
2013-01-25, 12:10 PM

I've never actually tried them. You wouild be furious if you knew how expensive those kind of imported things are around here.

You don't know what your missing. It's only the best candy ever made.

Zemalac
2013-01-25, 04:47 PM
Would just like to remind everyone that EoTs are due. Get those to me sooner rather than later, please.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-25, 05:38 PM
Eldan

You... You poor, poor man. Skittles are absolutely awesome.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-25, 05:43 PM
Men; I'll just have to try them.

I'll kick the greedy part of myself away and get some one of this days; when I see them around.

EDIT: Zem; just sent you the EoT, sorry to be late. Please tell me if anything is wrong.

Zemalac
2013-01-26, 12:35 PM
Still need EoTs for the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers, the Executive Bureaucracy, the Heladuit Court, the Order of the Wren, the Silversmith's Guild, the Technists Guild and the Wardens. If you all could get those in to me soon, I would greatly appreciate it.

Murska
2013-01-26, 01:22 PM
Writing now, just got home for a day before heading back to the regiment tomorrow.

Thelonius
2013-01-26, 03:07 PM
Wardens: no forgetting out little deal.

Silversmiths: our deal as in IC and if you can send some ESP, that would be grand.

ESGE: that spending on University & and a bit of ESP for that project.

ragingrage
2013-01-26, 03:20 PM
Yeah, sending some WEL, ESP, and MAG.

oblivion6
2013-01-29, 08:31 PM
How are EoT's coming? Anxious to see how my attack against the Gears went.

Zemalac
2013-01-29, 08:44 PM
How are EoT's coming? Anxious to see how my attack against the Gears went.

Not how you expected it would, I should think. Might be a bit of a shocker.

I'm still waiting on an EoT for the Executive Bureaucracy, but I think I should be able to get them back to you all tomorrow evening. If I don't have EBSA orders by then, I'll just put them in stasis for a turn and move on.

oblivion6
2013-01-29, 09:36 PM

Oh great, that's not a good response. Almost as bad as getting no response for the last turn of 2126 when I finally invaded the UON. Atleast there I got the impression it ended well, but this...:smalleek:

Murska
2013-01-30, 12:04 AM
Outdoors camping tomorrow to Friday evening. Unavailable.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-30, 12:10 AM
Hey everyone, now's a great time to plot against the Wardens. :smalltongue:

oblivion6
2013-01-30, 12:14 AM
Hey everyone, now's a great time to plot against the Wardens. :smalltongue:

The exact same thought was running through my mind. However, it won't affect the Wardens EoT so its no use...:smallfrown:

ForzaFiori
2013-01-30, 12:19 AM
Murska could always get lost in the woods, or eaten by a bear or something. :smalltongue:

oblivion6
2013-01-30, 12:32 AM
Murska could always get lost in the woods, or eaten by a bear or something. :smalltongue:

Hmm, I suppose we could probably arrange something. Hey Murska, where you camping:smalltongue:

razovor
2013-01-30, 06:56 AM
I expect he's camping with the army, so you're going to need a lot of bears.

Though that does sound rather like Total War. Attacking military forces with bears.

Murska
2013-01-30, 08:01 AM
I'm currently packing a ton of army equipment... Anti-bear included.

Eldan
2013-01-30, 08:03 AM
Aha! But do you have... anti-marmot equipment?

Murska
2013-01-30, 09:12 AM
Aha! But do you have... anti-marmot equipment?

I have a field shovel.

Eldan
2013-01-30, 09:19 AM
Well played. Better get some meds, too, though. IIRC, marmots carry the black plague.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-30, 09:31 AM
Meh. We can cure it with antibiotics.

Cool, mortal ancient diseases aren't what they used to.

What if you combined the methods of attack? Bears & marmots at unison?

"We attack at dawn"

"So it begins"

"Alea Jacta Est"

Eldan
2013-01-30, 09:35 AM
Marmots from below, Bears from above?

If I ever start a name, Bears from Above is what I'll name it.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-30, 10:03 AM
"We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the bridge and Main Camp. Frár and Lóni and Náli fell there bravely while the rest retr…Mazarbul. We still ho…g...but hope u…n…Óin’s party went five days ago but today only four returned. The pool is up to the wall at West-gate. The Marmot in the Water took Óin--we cannot get out. The end comes soon. We hear growls, growls in the deep. They are coming."

Thelonius
2013-01-30, 02:14 PM

Pun probably intended. Cursed cultists. I'm putting everything into wiping the very last of the out in the new turn. :smallmad:

razovor
2013-01-30, 02:33 PM
Pun probably intended. Cursed cultists. I'm putting everything into wiping the very last of the out in the new turn. :smallmad:

That might be the problem itself. Remember when they said they were the only ones who could operate the celestial network, and that if they were all to die it would fail destroying the city with a thunderstorm of epic proportions? :smalleek:

Thelonius
2013-01-30, 02:56 PM
That's a risk I'm willing to take. :smallcool:

Eldan
2013-01-30, 03:07 PM
Well, I guess those of us outside the city are the only remaining players now.

So, me, the King, the Wren and the Wardens.

I give up.

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-30, 04:18 PM
All my stuff is way down deep in bunkers that are by definition already grounded.

So I'm not worried.

Grimsage Matt
2013-01-30, 05:28 PM
Note to self, use Tech to keep city from frying. Alternate plan; Run like heck.

oblivion6
2013-01-30, 05:36 PM
thunderstorm of epic proportions? :smalleek:

That would be worth it.

"We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the bridge and Main Camp. Frár and Lóni and Náli fell there bravely while the rest retr…Mazarbul. We still ho…g...but hope u…n…Óin’s party went five days ago but today only four returned. The pool is up to the wall at West-gate. The Marmot in the Water took Óin--we cannot get out. The end comes soon. We hear growls, growls in the deep. They are coming."

That just...wow... Wish the forums had a like button at times like this.:smalltongue: I might actually sig that if you don't mind?

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-30, 11:09 PM
All my stuff is way down deep in bunkers that are by definition already grounded.

So I'm not worried.

Wait a second... You are technically grounded.

But you also are, by definition, the ground. So a lot of the electricity will pass through your tunnels, if I'm not mistaken :smalltongue:

Note to self, use Tech to keep city from frying. Alternate plan; Run like heck.

I'd send the airship out right away. We have enough troubles without having to worry about an Effect Hindenburg over here.

Oblivion: You may; I'm flattered. It's amazing what you can get by editing quotes :smallbiggrin:

Zemalac
2013-01-30, 11:54 PM
All right, I've sent out all the bad news. Areas that are filled with fire and electricity are marked on the map.

Next turn is due Friday, February 8.

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-31, 12:03 AM
Is the influence table current? I think I have more than that, and I want to see how I compare to everyone else now.

Also Heladuits. All I have to say is, Why?

oblivion6
2013-01-31, 12:08 AM
Oh my...What kind of hell did they unleash...I didn't even finish reading my EoT and I dare not look at the IC...General Brador...Dead! Why Zemalac, why?

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-31, 12:10 AM
The question now is whether this world has resurrection magic.

oblivion6
2013-01-31, 12:15 AM
That is a good question...Maybe the Protectorate of Blood knows.

ragingrage
2013-01-31, 12:31 AM
Hm. This is a lovely pretext for war...Hm.

Copper8642
2013-01-31, 12:31 AM
I cannot accurately answer that question without the possibility of revealing crimes you might not be aware were me.

oblivion6
2013-01-31, 12:34 AM
Hm. This is a lovely pretext for war...Hm.

I have not the slightest clue of what you 2 are speaking of...I suppose I should try to finish reading. Either way i'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight.:smallfrown:

Zemalac
2013-01-31, 12:36 AM
Is the influence table current? I think I have more than that, and I want to see how I compare to everyone else now.

It should be now (I think). I realized shortly after posting that I'd forgotten to add in your shiny new district bonus. I think everything is accurate now, but this was such a complicated turn that I can't say for sure if I missed something or not. The Celestial Network thing affected a helluva lot of people.

Which reminds me, I should probably note that, thanks to the Heladuits buying out and closing most of the city's soup kitchens and whatnot, all the new refugees from the Network overload are liable to start rioting if nothing is done for them.

The question now is whether this world has resurrection magic.

It does, yes. This has been hinted at occasionally--you may recall that the Craftsmen's Guild has a weapon called a resurrection dart that is specifically mentioned to prevent people from being brought back to life.

I have not the slightest clue of what you 2 are speaking of...I suppose I should try to finish reading. Either way i'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight.:smallfrown:

I hate to add on to what is already a very depressing situation, but I forgot to mention that the ratings have changed. The Mercantile's Guild no longer has the highest WEL.

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-31, 12:37 AM

Well I assume he is speaking about what happened to the SGA given that he has an ongoing rivalry with the Heladuits.

And don't worry about that part at least. It was annoying, but not particularly damaging to any one faction.

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-31, 12:39 AM
Which reminds me, I should probably note that, thanks to the Heladuits buying out and closing most of the city's soup kitchens and whatnot, all the new refugees from the Network overload are liable to start rioting if nothing is done for them.

Thanks for reminding me. I'll deal with that.

It's another reason why the Sausage Guild is no longer happy with the Heladuits.

oblivion6
2013-01-31, 12:53 AM
Damn Blackfists agreeing to allow the Celestial Network in Fat Tippest. Completely forgot about that fact.

I don't even know how to begin repairing all the damage that was wrought by the Gear's. I think they purposefully sabotoged the network. Somebody was clearly at work. Or maybe it was King James. Wouldn't be hard to get some agents in with all the chaos.

I hate to add on to what is already a very depressing situation, but I forgot to mention that the ratings have changed. The Mercantile's Guild no longer has the highest WEL.

You are a cruel, cruel man.

Zemalac
2013-01-31, 12:59 AM
Damn Blackfists agreeing to allow the Celestial Network in Fat Tippest. Completely forgot about that fact.

The damage was actually less extensive there than it could have been, since the Sausage Guild took the time to dismantle the traps that were around the Metro entrance a couple turns ago, which was the main concentration of the Network in the area. Deadman Hill didn't fare so well--no one ever touched the electrical traps there, mainly because (thanks to how the Prison was taken) they never really got used, so only the Blackfist and the Chosen knew they were in place. That section of the network was purposely built to overload and start shooting lightning everywhere in the event of an attack, which meant it didn't take the large-scale overload well.

Long story short, that's why Gatehouse Prison is currently under the control of the few inmates who survived.

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-31, 01:02 AM
I'm just really glad I never took the gears up on their offer to wire all my tunnels.

oblivion6
2013-01-31, 01:05 AM
I'm just really glad I never took the gears up on their offer to wire all my tunnels.

I'm glad I didn't let 'em wire Little Zanchar.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-31, 01:42 AM
Ok. I think this may be the MOST disastrous turn so far this game, and it wasn't even me that screwed up.

I'm gonna need a day to process before I start figuring out how to fix this.

razovor
2013-01-31, 04:12 AM
Or maybe it was King James. Wouldn't be hard to get some agents in with all the chaos.

I was quite busy in Gregoria, declaring myself king and all.

Eldan
2013-01-31, 05:14 AM
Can I just say that I love the Heladuit court more every time I read of them?

Buying up Soup Kitchens to build boutiques. That's some A-grade cartoon villainy right there.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 09:44 AM
Hey, Zem, when I'm destroyed; one or two turns from now; can I return as a former NPC or a warlord? :smallbiggrin:

Copper8642
2013-01-31, 10:31 AM
You guys seem to have figured it out, but I'll note that you don't need to put "Heladuits Excluded" on SGA messages, I won't read any of them.

Imperial Psycho
2013-01-31, 11:25 AM
Now now, blaming the Heladuit Court for the deaths is like blaming the Germans for WW1. It's not NOT true, but they just influenced events already set into motion.

You all knew exactly this could happen when you made that hit.

Thelonius
2013-01-31, 11:35 AM
OOC maybe. IC they are going to hang for it, not us.

oblivion6
2013-01-31, 11:45 AM
I didn't fear quite such an event. I figured maybe a couple neigbourhoods flattened at worst, but not this.

That, and somebody orchestrated this. It wouldn't have overloaded if they hadn't.

Razovor: I suppose you were busy. Lucky that Thelonius changed my espionage plans. I was going to use it all to interfere with your operations there. Would rather the General be in charge. What ever happened to him anyways?

Eldan
2013-01-31, 11:47 AM
I said I was done with them, I know.
But in the name of the Blackfist:

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!

Imperial Psycho
2013-01-31, 12:01 PM
I didn't fear quite such an event. I figured maybe a couple neigbourhoods flattened at worst, but not this.

That, and somebody orchestrated this. It wouldn't have overloaded if they hadn't.

It might not have been so bad, but something not dissimilar probably would've happened. By making that strike, you accepted that threat.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 01:52 PM
Question. Did Markus literally cackled maniacally as half the City burned down?
He should've grabbed a harp.

We should crown him as King.

razovor
2013-01-31, 02:45 PM
Razovor: I suppose you were busy. Lucky that Thelonius changed my espionage plans. I was going to use it all to interfere with your operations there. Would rather the General be in charge. What ever happened to him anyways?

We rolled nearly three-times as well as the General. You would only have annoyed me.

I'm curious as to why you're taking this stance against me. If there is reason for a rift between us (and the king argues there isn't), you seem to be trying to increase the rift, while the I only want to make it smaller.

oblivion6
2013-01-31, 02:57 PM
We rolled nearly three-times as well as the General. You would only have annoyed me.

I'm curious as to why you're taking this stance against me. If there is reason for a rift between us (and the king argues there isn't), you seem to be trying to increase the rift, while the I only want to make it smaller.

Your telling me that 10+ ESP would have been nothing but an annoyance?

I'm not trying to increase this rift. Only seeking to take you down a couple notches. If anything, you are even more powerful now than you ever were in Sav Altulas. Is it you that has been aiding Lord Mattoff against Wallen?

Thelonius
2013-01-31, 03:11 PM
From my perspective the main reason the King is relevant is because Wardens want to put him on the throne, so their rule of Sav Altulus doesn't annoy nobility. Which annoys me, since Wardens are not of Talidor, play shadow games instead of taking power directly and seem intent to raise heavy taxes.

Edit: Vasari is Warden Conspiracy Nut.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 06:26 PM
OOC; I'm a James nut conspiracy nut myself; but I don't think it's him.
Anyways, this is the sort of topic that is best left for the IC.

I have an announcement; I'll be going on a trip tomorrow with some friends; and will be unable to respond for most of the week.

Zemalac; you will be happy (Or angry) to know that I'm totally ripping you off to play a live TW game with my friends.

All will be there as NPC's: The ESGE, Bloodhaven, the Wardens, the Blackfists; almost everyone.

(Razovor, I hope you will excuse me if I leave James out, though. The King-to-be will probably be taken by one of the PC's, and as an NPc it would just atract too much attention).

The City will be different, though. I'm writing it as I type.

Zemalac
2013-01-31, 06:37 PM
I have an announcement; I'll be going on a trip tomorrow with some friends; and will be unable to respond for most of the week.

Zemalac; you will be happy (Or angry) to know that I'm totally ripping you off to play a live TW game with my friends.

All will be there as NPC's: The ESGE, Bloodhaven, the Wardens, the Blackfists; almost everyone.

(Razovor, I hope you will excuse me if I leave James out, though. The King-to-be will probably be taken by one of the PC's, and as an NPc it would just atract too much attention).

The City will be different, though. I'm writing it as I type.

Sounds interesting. Let me know how it goes.

ragingrage
2013-01-31, 06:38 PM
That sounds pretty awesome, actually. Tell us how it goes afterwards.

Imperial Psycho
2013-01-31, 06:59 PM
Is there a Wren? :smalltongue:

Thelonius
2013-01-31, 07:13 PM
Wren... Wren... Wren... Ah, the guy who killed Redeye. :smallbiggrin:
There probably is.

Imperial Psycho
2013-01-31, 07:18 PM
Heh. Well, I was curious, since yeah, no-one knows too much about him really.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 08:12 PM
I'm just getting to Runner's City. And of course there is a Wren; with their Guild of Thieves.

They'll be pretty important, if nobody tries to take their place (I'm kind of erasing NPC's as the guys make up factions. For now; I have a City Bank)

Copper8642
2013-01-31, 09:02 PM
What about the handsome and charismatic nobles, do you have them?

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 09:13 PM
Where would I be without them? Of course they are in it; in their very starting neighbourhood. A part of Markus's awesomeness is that he works great both as a PC and an NPC.

The City is different (For one, it's smaller); and the slums (Runner's City) are much closer to Sky.

Most of the Nobles from our game are NPC's in the oldest noble neighbourhood, working together as a "noble union" of sorts.

But I took care to put the Heladuits where they started: A wealthy neighbourhood; right outside of the old and boring noble sector.

I'll start evicting the poor and paving the streets with gold right away.

For now; I didn't put: The Librarian; the UAL; the Champions, the Militia, the Gears (One or more of them may appear later, to make things funnier).

I need to look for: The Wardens, the Ram, the Wren.

And now I just realized I have little space for the Wardens. I think I'll give them the Fields around the Prison.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-31, 09:18 PM
If you can, try to have the Ram kill the Heladuits in that game. I might not be able to in this one, and it'd be nice to have some sort of revenge. :smalltongue:

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 09:26 PM
XD they are kind of far apart;but they are NPC's after all.

Maybe. :smallbiggrin:

And why don't you believe we'll get to kill the Heladuits on this one?

We obviously have a burning, shocking advantage (?)

ragingrage
2013-01-31, 09:29 PM
Am I in your game? As the (eternal) enemy of the Heladuits?

ArcaneStomper
2013-01-31, 09:31 PM
Just so long as you don't forget the Sausage Guild. The most under appreciated group that works day in and day out just to make sure the city is fed no matter what happens with others scheming.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 09:35 PM
Both of you are alive and well there, for now.

We'll see what happens when the guys start making factions. I'll move some NPC's around; and inevitably I'll have to cut some down.

A funny fact: Many names that sound awesome in english sound outright ridiculous in spanish. So I changed some of the names (In some cases, it was inevitable. Given that the City is not named Sav Atulas the EBSA had to be changed).

The Sausage Guild remains named as it is, even though it sounds silly when said in my language.

I'll let them laugh at first, and then show them the Tunnels and the Creatures.

We'll see who laughs then.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-31, 09:44 PM
How do you say ram in Spanish?

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 09:51 PM
Ram is "Carnero".

It sounds weird, but not ridiculous.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-31, 09:53 PM
El Carnero. I like it.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 09:55 PM
"La Revolución del Carnero", more properly said.

Although the nickname "Carneros" doesn't sound too bad.

In the real world the nickname was used with negative connotations in spanish (I don't exactly remember the context, which may even be forbidden to name by this forum rules; so I'll abstain from saying anything else), but that doesn't have to be the case here.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-31, 10:06 PM
I was referring to his nickname, rather than the organization as a whole. I remember enough HS spanish to know revolution was a cognate :smallbiggrin: it is in Italian too.

Feel free to change the animal if you want. The organization only used it in the books because of some stories in a magazine. I find it fits the pigheadedness of the leader though.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-01-31, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I feel the same, so I'm keeping the name as it is :smallbiggrin:

This are the included factions so far:
PC's
Technist Guild
The Wren
The Wardens
The Ram
Bloodhaven (Actually, the neighbourhood was renamed as the Hospital)
Sausage Guild
Mercantile's Guild
EBSA
The Silversmiths
The Heladuits
PC and NPC nobles from Sky.

NPC's:
Drover Houses
The Legion gangs
The Factory Managers
Malcolm Exarn and his wardens
Little Zanchar restaurants
Peacocks
Ambassadorial Guard
The Mercs
Millford Standing Guard
Bookbinder's Guild

razovor
2013-02-01, 03:52 AM
I'm not trying to increase this rift. Only seeking to take you down a couple notches. If anything, you are even more powerful now than you ever were in Sav Altulas.

All factions grow over time. If not you're doing something wrong. Trying to stop me from growing isn't a friendly action. I don't see why we can't be friends.

Is it you that has been aiding Lord Mattoff against Wallen?

Again. I was busy in Gregoria.

Your telling me that 10+ ESP would have been nothing but an annoyance?.

Our success would have been reduced, but you'd need a lot more than that to have stopped us.

Murska
2013-02-01, 12:59 PM
If you want to know details about how the Wardens operate, PM me.

Zemalac
2013-02-03, 02:35 PM
Grimsage, I think you may be overestimating the technology level of the world. Geothermal power would be useful for heating homes and such at the current tech level, but you would need access to hot springs of some kind, and you wouldn't be generating electricity. Hydroelectric is completely out, since 1) Electromagnets don't exist, and 2) Neither do electrical generators. The Celestial Network was--I cannot stress this enough--the most advanced electrical system of any kind in the world, and I only allowed it because it was using captured lightning. It is important to remember that no one knows how to mechanically generate electrical power, and furthermore that no one has thought to do so because the benefits of such things could not possibly be known at the present time. Yes, you yourself realize how useful and revolutionary such things would be, but the Technists Guild wouldn't, especially considering their focus on the Liber Technologica and Morvac and other ancient technologies. As such, I'm afraid that turning heat or motion into electricity is something that is relegated to the practice of sorcery.

Long story short, telling people you are going to build a geothermal or hydroelectric power plant is basically like telling them that fish nada glorgalboth. Yes, there are obvious sounds coming from your mouth, but no one has any idea what they mean, not even your Technists.

Thelonius
2013-02-03, 02:38 PM
Network
By all the gods you think are holy do not "dig a bit" to install a geothermal plant. There are no sources of such power anywhere close to the surface, and to get that deep you would need to go through things which you do not understand the least extent of.

The same goes for the river project. The city is near enough to flooding out its underside as it is. Don't go around changing the flow of the river.

Technists: Well... we can probably plug in a whole lot of potatoes then...
Bloodhaven: Hell no! Don't you know of Potatodemongorgon? He Who Watches Potatoes? The consequences would be unimaginable!

Heh, Sky, Water, Earth, all trying to kill humans. Makes sense, considering they were the First Gods. Science - the Mask of Unforgiving Elements, the storm, pretending to be tamed.

Edit: For once the hatred of scientific advancement, that's so often signature of my factions is actually the sane option. That's a novelty.

ArcaneStomper
2013-02-03, 02:42 PM
Well there are lovecraftian horrors in the deep so the fact that the Technists are spouting gibberish just makes my warning more apt.

Thelonius
2013-02-03, 02:43 PM
You mean there is Sausage Guild beneath? :smallbiggrin:

Copper8642
2013-02-03, 02:49 PM
I want to warn you guys that despite the fact that Markus has become a major target of intrigue and hatred this turn, I won't be posting much, or at all, this week, due to the fact that I have a lot of schoolwork to due this upcoming week. Sorry.

ForzaFiori
2013-02-03, 03:09 PM
his silence is yet another sign of his guilt and cowardice. :smalltongue:

Thelonius
2013-02-03, 03:10 PM
A pity.

As one responsible for blowing up space station in Mistral's game and causing Kessler Syndrome, I tip my hat to you. We should form a club of apocalyptic explosions in TW.

Eldan
2013-02-03, 03:24 PM
*sigh*

I have yet to cause one.

Edit: wait, does someone remember my world-ending antimatter railgun in Manifest Destiny?

Thelonius
2013-02-03, 03:50 PM
Let the League of Apocalyptic Horsemen be formed!

Horsemen of Pestilence and Void (Azalin):

Played as sentient Zombie Virus and caused Kessler Syndrome.

Horseman of Storm and Fire (Copper8642):

Incinerated half of the Broken City with Celestial Network explosion.

The Pale Horsemen (Eldan?)

The position for one, who would destroy the Total War World.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-03, 04:04 PM
Is there is a horseman of self-inflicted implosion? Because that seems to be what my factions tend to do. :smalltongue:

Murska
2013-02-03, 04:21 PM
Another camp Tuesday to Thursday. Also, I don't really blow stuff up, I cause explosions indirectly.

Thelonius
2013-02-03, 04:28 PM
Murska is a Wolf of War. Release him in any TW World, and he'll be crunching nations like hapless sheep, while pretending to be a wolfhound.

oblivion6
2013-02-03, 05:56 PM
A pity.

As one responsible for blowing up space station in Mistral's game and causing Kessler Syndrome, I tip my hat to you. We should form a club of apocalyptic explosions in TW.

Don't forget me:smalltongue: If that game had survived there would have been alot more things blowing up. Wasn't our last plan supposed to end in eventually blowing up that massive UON station? About the same time Varunas fell to invasion from Cobra and Carthage?

Thelonius
2013-02-04, 05:19 AM
I should mention, that I control Old Jack's Run, so there are no misunderstandings.

Zemalac
2013-02-04, 10:11 PM
I feel I should warn you all of this in advance: shortly after sending back EoTs for this turn, all of the final papers and projects for my classes were assigned. As such, I will probably not be as prompt with responding to PMs and thread posts as I usually am, and I may have been lying when I said that the EoT deadline was this Friday, depending on how much I have done by then.

Eldan
2013-02-05, 04:32 AM
I will be away for most of this week, probably only coming back early on Saturday. So, just a warning for anyone who still wants to make deals.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-05, 11:09 AM
Sorry for not responding; I'm taking some time to do so today.

I'll probably be away until Friday, but I will make an effort to respond if talked to.

The Live version is going pretty well; the first turn just started.

I had to remove Bloodhaven (one of the guys decided to make a group of Doctor-Soldiers; so I just let him to).
The Doc will make an appearance, as an NPC though.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-05, 05:52 PM
@HerbieRAI I'll get back to you on that PM. I've already used my other VIP this turn, and I don't like wasting the Wrens considerable abilities on PMs.

Thelonius
2013-02-05, 06:30 PM
You and me I_Psycho... You and me.

ArcaneStomper
2013-02-08, 01:57 AM
So is the EoT going to be today?

Thelonius
2013-02-08, 07:13 AM
I need one last round of answers, though I probably can send EoT anyway.

Zemalac
2013-02-08, 12:11 PM
So is the EoT going to be today?

I think I'm ahead enough on my various final projects that I could, conceivably, take time away from them to run the EoT. That said, if I turn out to be wrong, I won't know it for another week and a half, when I'm cursing myself as I write C# scripts at 4AM. What I would very much like to do is put the game on hold until the 21st, which is when my last project is due, but I don't like leaving you guys hanging for that long. To be honest, I'm not really sure what to do here.

ArcaneStomper
2013-02-08, 12:12 PM
I am fine with waiting a few more weeks.

razovor
2013-02-08, 12:24 PM
Oh. Should have checked this before sending in my report. :smalltongue:

Murska
2013-02-08, 12:24 PM
I fear the phenomenon that games that take long breaks come out of it with less vitality than before. Of course it'd be mitigated by the fact that you've a set date and so on, but possibly we could slow things down so that you send EoTs back if/when you have the time, and 21st at the latest, or somesuch. I don't know.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-08, 12:27 PM
Zem; I think you have more than earned the right to ask for a 2 week TW vacation.

I'll be waiting for the 21st, should you choose to place the EoT then.

I'm going back home, I should be there in a couple of hours. The first EoT of Broken City Beta is going ok; and my friends and I are making a small forum to support it.

I'll update you when I process it.

PS: I'll send the EoT today. I have some things to review first. It may be my last!!

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-08, 12:33 PM
No harm in asking for EoTs now, and doing them at the speed you feel is manageable.

Zemalac
2013-02-08, 12:40 PM
I fear the phenomenon that games that take long breaks come out of it with less vitality than before. Of course it'd be mitigated by the fact that you've a set date and so on, but possibly we could slow things down so that you send EoTs back if/when you have the time, and 21st at the latest, or somesuch. I don't know.

I know what you mean, and that's a fear of mine as well. However, I also have a few thousand words in essays I need to write, and a programming project that needs to get done. The 21st is, unfortunately, the first day that I know I'll have time to work on EoTs without taking time away from schoolwork. On the bright side I'll be on break at that point, and will be able to turn around EoTs rather quickly.

There is, I fear, no real way to avoid a delay of some kind, unless I dedicate my life for the next couple of days to getting EoTs done extremely fast and then go back to working on my projects. Which, you know, is a possible option. Or I could just skimp on all the detail I usually put into them, but that seems like a disservice to the people who are going to want to know how/why/where they got destroyed this turn.

Zem; I think you have more than earned the right to ask for a 2 week TW vacation.

I appreciate the thought, but it's turn 17 and having a break in momentum this close to the end of the game might not work out so well (as Murska pointed out).

No harm in asking for EoTs now, and doing them at the speed you feel is manageable.

This is what I think I'm going to do. So:

EoTs are due today. I will either be later than usual in getting them back, or I will be getting them back without the usual amount of detail in the write-ups. Probably the latter.

Now back to my 3000 word essay about 20th-century Japanese literature.

ArcaneStomper
2013-02-08, 02:06 PM
Am I reading the map right that Factories North doesn't have any fire and lightning?

Edit: Sent in my EoT. May have a few last minute changes later depending on the question above.

Thelonius
2013-02-08, 04:29 PM
Well, sent my mess of a turn. :smallsigh: Well, let's see if things work out.

razovor
2013-02-08, 04:35 PM
Well, sent my mess of a turn. :smallsigh: Well, let's see if things work out.

I'm not really sure how the Heladuits could survive your assault. You rather outnumber them.

I guess if they put aside 2 wealth every turn, they'd have enough to hire 30+ mercenaries for one final stand.

Zemalac
2013-02-08, 04:41 PM
Am I reading the map right that Factories North doesn't have any fire and lightning?

Edit: Sent in my EoT. May have a few last minute changes later depending on the question above.

Indeed you are. The Blackfist got the Chosen to rig up some electrified defenses for them, but those were focused on the areas that they were expecting to be attacked--namely, Deadman Hill, and to a lesser extent Fat Tippest.

ArcaneStomper
2013-02-08, 04:47 PM
I'm not really sure how the Heladuits could survive your assault. You rather outnumber them.

I guess if they put aside 2 wealth every turn, they'd have enough to hire 30+ mercenaries for one final stand.

The thing is that the attack was so blatant that they must know people would come after them. No player is stupid, so we have to assume that they were prepared for that, and any attack is going to walk into an ambush. One that has been preparing for turns.

Thelonius
2013-02-08, 05:20 PM

The unstoppable legions of the Bloodhaven shall have their blood! Yeah... I can see the whole city united to fight Heladuit Court - when I close my eyes and pretend really well.

I'd say it'll be 50/50 between moderate success and terrible disaster that would push me to do something morally ambiguous. Thank goodness, I'll finally be able to use some of my options.

Edit: sending updated EoT. I'd say odds shift favorably... probably. Well, feel much better about it anyway.

oblivion6
2013-02-08, 08:34 PM
My final EoT is in.

I have so many potential options open to me at the moment but each and every one of them would turn the entire city against me. It's a real shame.

Ragingrage[OOC]
In addition to my MIL I am sending Sorenson to assist. If it's not too late can you mention in your EoT that your Commander Zanch will be looking to him for advice should the Helaudits have any fortifications? Sorenson is a trained engineer and could likely determine the best way to breach said fortifications.

Zemalac
2013-02-09, 05:45 PM
On a completely unrelated subject to anything currently being discussed in this thread, I was talking to a friend offline about this game recently, and I brought up the whole thing with the Mages Ubiquitous that happened back around turns 4-7. I sent my friend a link to the fluff piece (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14003847&postcount=1064) I wrote up at the end of the whole debacle, and when I was rereading it myself something occurred to me that I meant to ask at the time but forgot about. To assuage my own curiosity on the matter, did anyone notice the hidden text when Majus was using his mind-magic stuff? Or was that overlooked?

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-09, 05:47 PM
I remember finding something. Re-reading. Yeah, I noticed at least some of that.

Nyrt
2013-02-09, 05:52 PM
On a completely unrelated subject to anything currently being discussed in this thread, I was talking to a friend offline about this game recently, and I brought up the whole thing with the Mages Ubiquitous that happened back around turns 4-7. I sent my friend a link to the fluff piece (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14003847&postcount=1064) I wrote up at the end of the whole debacle, and when I was rereading it myself something occurred to me that I meant to ask at the time but forgot about. To assuage my own curiosity on the matter, did anyone notice the hidden text when Majus was using his mind-magic stuff? Or was that overlooked?

Woah! I did not notice that. Cool.

razovor
2013-02-09, 05:54 PM
I spotted some of it. There was an unusually large gap in the text.

ArcaneStomper
2013-02-09, 06:10 PM
To be perfectly honest I didn't read any of it. As it did not have anything to do with me.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-09, 06:14 PM
You missed out. I enjoyed it immensely, and I never had anything to do with that fight. :smallsmile:

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-09, 06:53 PM
1 - Hadn't seen the hidden text. Awesome.

2 - After Lord Founder says "I WANTED THAT HEAD IN MY WALL!!!":
"You're talking about the dragon, right?" said King James.

"Absolutely," said Founder. "Let's go with that."

I'm laughing out loud with this. I didn't remember the VIP's being this hilarious.
The game has gotten darker since that turn.

ForzaFiori
2013-02-09, 09:47 PM
I wasn't really paying attention as it was on the other side of the city. Kinda wish I had now.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-10, 04:03 AM
1 - Hadn't seen the hidden text. Awesome.

2 - After Lord Founder says "I WANTED THAT HEAD IN MY WALL!!!":

I'm laughing out loud with this. I didn't remember the VIP's being this hilarious.
The game has gotten darker since that turn.

You weren't involved in the Redeye business, so let me say, it really, really hasn't. :smalleek: