PDA

View Full Version : Total War: Broken City OOC 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Thelonius
2013-02-10, 05:43 AM
I'll be posting my EoTs, once the game is done. Some good stuff there.

oblivion6
2013-02-11, 12:51 PM
Wow, it's a little sad that I am now dreaming about this game. I dreamed that I gained 15 points of MIL and 2 points of WEL this turn.:smalltongue:

ForzaFiori
2013-02-11, 01:11 PM
Wow, it's a little sad that I am now dreaming about this game. I dreamed that I gained 15 points of MIL and 2 points of WEL this turn.:smalltongue:

I would kill for that much stat growth (though in different places. 15 MIL would be great, but not what I need right now). It would do wonders.

oblivion6
2013-02-11, 01:19 PM
I would kill for that much stat growth (though in different places. 15 MIL would be great, but not what I need right now). It would do wonders.

Tell me about it. I would gladly split that much growth between ESP and WEL. Needless to say I was very unhappy when I woke up and realized it was a dream.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-11, 01:46 PM

Dreaming about the stat side of things rather than the fluff is an interesting idea.

That said, forgive me if I'm glad no-one is capable of growing 17 stats in a turn. :smalltongue:

HerbieRAI
2013-02-11, 01:54 PM
Well, I believe some people have destroyed 17 Stat points in one turn. Logically one can gain that much as well.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-11, 02:12 PM
That doesn't follow. That's like saying, I can kill a person. Therefore, it must also be possible to bring people back to life. You'd probably need something approaching every bit of stat cap in the game to get close.

Thelonius
2013-02-11, 02:59 PM
It's possible to gain 1 stat point, spending about 1-2 stats, if you are smart about it. Now it would take a genius, but I'd say stat growth of 17 would be possible starting with 34 stat points. Granted, you would probably need more then 2 Traits and circumstances you could take advantage of.

Edit: I'm not taking into account mergers, as I'm uncertain how they work.

oblivion6
2013-02-11, 03:08 PM
Edit: I'm not taking into account mergers, as I'm uncertain how they work.

Yeah, I was gonna mention that it was possible to gain that much if you subverted a big enough faction like House Laurier, but I'm not certain how it works either.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-11, 03:12 PM
That's fair I guess. Subverting a faction saves up several turns efforts to get a big payoff, in the same way a big damage hit usually comes from several turns effort built up.

HerbieRAI
2013-02-11, 03:49 PM
I think it's very possible. I gained 11 points when I merged with the militia, and I had a number of points stolen from me.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-11, 04:02 PM
Well, I have made some succesful mergers, winning a few stat points.
Not too many; but then again I played small beans in this game (Honestly, being the first game I was in that didn't die; I didn't expect to last this long).

However, I don't think I have gained full understanding of how subverting works in TW in general.

Do you have to spend stats in "subverting" the other faction? The other faction gains information about it being subverted? How does it work?

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-11, 04:19 PM
Yes, you spend stats. Generally a little more than it'd take to grow, as you're also depriving others of stats. Depending on the stats used, the degree of awareness can change, but usually they'll figure something is up at some point.

Thelonius
2013-02-11, 04:47 PM
Subversion has usually been highly efficient strategy in the games I played. You gain a bunch of stats and few try to counter it.

Zemalac
2013-02-17, 02:59 PM
Turn 17 is finally up. There are very few people who will be wholly pleased with the way the turn went, I think.

Next EoT deadline is Friday, March 1st.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-17, 03:33 PM
Hmm. This is going to be fun. :smallbiggrin:

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-17, 03:37 PM
Losing is Fun
Well; I can't say I'm overly surprised. I've been waiting for this since I saw the result of the Campaign on James.

I'll take this turn to try to end this with some dignity and move on.

It's bad to leave, though.
If we weren't so close to the Endgame I'd love to stick around as an NPC.

But I'll keep watching. I want to see how this ends.

Zemalac, thanks for this setting and this city. It's amazingly well written, it has incredibly cool elements, and the game rymth never went stale or lost pace.

This feels like a setting I'd like to play DyD in, shoult it be published.

And thanks for putting up with all those pesky PM's, specially those were I asked about plans I didn't get through later.

Razovor and Imperial Psycho (amongst others): well played.
You left the City as Disciples, but now you are the masters.

Everyone else, thanks for the fun!

PS: I hope someone unleashes the HFS before the end :smallwink:

You know who you are. Make it work.

razovor
2013-02-17, 03:39 PM
Everyone else, thanks for the fun!

Same to you. You were a good adversary. :smallsmile:

Let's work together next time.

ArcaneStomper
2013-02-17, 03:40 PM
All I want to know is who broke the bloody dam.

Murska
2013-02-17, 03:45 PM
I'd like to know that, too. Three fourths of my losses were from that.

Thelonius
2013-02-17, 04:03 PM
3 MIL? :smallsmile:

Well, my hat off to those who were on the short stick of this turn.

Heh, Heladuit's are tricky bastards. Can't say I didn't like what they did :smallsmile:.

Murska
2013-02-17, 04:04 PM
Exactly. :smallfrown:

I only got a small increase in total Mil despite a large investment this turn.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-17, 05:55 PM
Err. Has Wallen just jumped off the deep end? I mean... I don't remember any of that happening.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-17, 05:58 PM
If you mean about my public message; I did detain an emmisary from James a turn or two ago (Had no evidence; they let him go).

Wallen suffered a Morale attack that was using Magic to help. He assumed that the ESGE was to blame; and was going to use it as an excuse for the attack had House Wallen not been destroyed.

You are not completely mistaken on the deep end thing though... He was a bit paranoid the last few months.

BTW; there were a few mistakes in that message; fixing them now.

Nyrt
2013-02-17, 06:54 PM
you knew nothing of James's return.

Wait, he was gone?

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-17, 06:56 PM
Wait, he was gone?

I can imagine Founder saying that.

:smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2013-02-17, 06:57 PM
Wait, he was gone?

He went and conquered Gregoria with the Wren.

Thelonius
2013-02-17, 07:00 PM
Honey, you forgot your pants again!

Forgot? No woman. Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Just admit that you forgot them. Please, what will your colleagues and students in the University think when you come like this?

I HAVE GOT TENURE! Flies into the sky triumphantly

Nyrt
2013-02-17, 07:03 PM

Forgot? No woman. Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Just admit that you forgot them. Please, what will your colleagues and students in the University think when you come like this?

Ha! That actually sounds like something he'd do.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-17, 07:04 PM

*flopflopflopflop*

Thelonius
2013-02-17, 07:05 PM
It's a bird!

It's an plane airship!

It's Lord Founder mooning us! :smallbiggrin:

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-17, 07:10 PM
"That is just another sample of the stench of the Old Houses, that believe they can fly pantless above us like they are our betters"

"By the gods, Henry. They burned down your neighbourhood. One of the officers is giving people tours of your house. One of the Orcs commented that your grandmother resembled his wife. How are you even seeing this?"

I have TiVo. Magical Tivo

ForzaFiori
2013-02-17, 08:22 PM
Well. I suppose technically I am still a surviving faction, though I doubt it will last much longer.

Oh well. Hopefully I'll manage to do something useful first. Can't wait to see how it all winds up.

Thelonius
2013-02-18, 07:55 AM
Come on, Murska, how am I supposed to bring in the dope to little boys and girls? :smallfrown: Leave the Underdocks to me. :smalltongue:

Mommy, why don't we have Poppy anymore?

Because of the Wardens, sweety, because of the Wardens.

Thelonius
2013-02-24, 05:36 PM
A beautiful and sad thing this duel... Puts me in a melancholic mood. :smallfrown:

oblivion6
2013-02-24, 05:50 PM
A beautiful and sad thing this duel... Puts me in a melancholic mood. :smallfrown:

Agreed.

Is Wallen's Garden the best place for it? This won't actually be settled until EoT which means it would be a simple matter for James or Wren to detail some ESP or something to kill Lord Wallen if he gained the upper hand. I think it should've have taken place at the Harrowing Fields, managed by a neutral party to ensure no one(by this I of course mean King James or the Wren) rigged the match.

Thelonius
2013-02-24, 05:53 PM
Well, I agree as Harrowing Fields would have allowed me to make a pretty penny out of the proceedings... I'm a horrible, horrible person...

oblivion6
2013-02-24, 05:56 PM
Well, I agree as Harrowing Fields would have allowed me to make a pretty penny out of the proceedings... I'm a horrible, horrible person...

That is a good point. Money would certainly come out of such an event.

You're not a horrible person. After all, in 2126 you opted for a more subtle approach rather than killing thousands of innocents with one plan in particular.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-24, 06:00 PM
The outcome has already been agreed upon. And really, I have better things to do with my esp than kill Wallen. The Wren is quite capable of beating him down himself.

Thelonius
2013-02-24, 06:17 PM
I still caused Kessler Syndrom in my vicious vendetta against space nations. Interesting to be on the other side of fanatical hated with Heladuits crusade against middle-class. My morality usually follows a rather twisted path, though I do tend to discard the more gruesome plans, after I consider them for a bit.

I also notice that I grow depressive in the end of the games, as my long-terms inevitably fail. Glorious Army, Amurian Technocracy and now Bloodhaven.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-24, 08:41 PM

I wouldn't have Vassari to be any other way.

I'll just say the following: Pretty much 100% VIP's and factions in this particular game are just amazing. :smallsmile:

Some parts (Standing Mage's Escape is my best example, but there are others) would be incredible in a book.

I don't think it will go on for a long time (The final moves are pretty set up), and I'll be sorry to see it end. It happens every time I finish a good book, or a movie. Very rarely in games.

Thelonius
2013-02-25, 04:24 AM
Oh yes, I say once the game is done we put the story together, get stuff from our EoTs and PMs as well.

I wouldn't have Vassari to be any other way.

Yeah, Vasari is a middle-class scrooge. I think Ram and Sausage Guild are on the point in that Vasari doesn't care much for the poor (not that I would admit that IC). I always preferred to suck up to the rich noble class, who get me those generous donations. Perhaps a bit of that - ''I pulled myself from the bottom on my own'' mentality.

Medicine is pretty much the only place where I'd do charity without hesitation.

oblivion6
2013-02-25, 11:08 AM
Oh yes, I say once the game is done we put the story together, get stuff from our EoTs and PMs as well.

Shouldnt be too hard. I have all my EoTs since just before the Wardens attacked me and took the bridge. Dont know how I ended up deleting 'em. Normally i'm pretty careful with them.

ForzaFiori
2013-02-25, 12:48 PM
I don't have most of my EoTs... I didn't know there would be an end game discussion thing. I'll be sure to start saving the ones I have though.

ragingrage
2013-02-25, 01:32 PM
I've got my EoTs, but I haven't really done much. Anything that would be really included in an overall writeup would just be SGA stuff that other people also have...

Thelonius
2013-02-25, 02:58 PM
Well, the story isn't finished yet, though maybe the ending is already determined.

I think I'll write some sort of Diary of Dr. Vasari, with account of events.

oblivion6
2013-02-25, 07:27 PM
though maybe the ending is already determined.

Already determined? Far from it if I have my say.

Nyrt
2013-02-25, 07:43 PM
Maaan, this exchange is just tragic. I'm thinking I definitely need to have somebody write an opera about it.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-25, 07:45 PM
With Gerard Butler as the Wren and (I don't know) as Lord Wallen.

Thelonius
2013-02-25, 08:09 PM
My man Lascelles could have written one... Even if my fortunes turn to ruin, I'll make sure to drag Heladuits down with me. I won't be leaving the city peacefully like Ram or ending it like Wallen, mark my words.

ForzaFiori
2013-02-25, 08:50 PM
I may be leaving peacefully, but I have every intention in the world of making the Heladuit's pay if possible in the few turns that are left.

oblivion6
2013-02-25, 09:33 PM
Lord Wallen, I salute you. He was a good man and doesn't deserve to die by the hands of Wren.

I don't plan to leave peacefully either. Hopefully I end up on the winning side here but if not I certainly plan to bring as many of you as I can down with me.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-26, 04:52 AM
Also, don't think I don't see your hidden text there, Ragnar. :smalltongue:

I don't think the Wren will be doing that. yet.

Thelonius
2013-02-26, 05:36 AM
Heh, nice one Ragnar :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2013-02-26, 06:01 AM
Man, wouldn't that be a twist, if Wallen really was the Mage.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-26, 09:31 AM
Goddammit, Wallen is dead 5 seconds and I already have two different factions asking for the body.

... I think I should burn it.

Eldan
2013-02-26, 09:41 AM
Tregon would like the body for diplomatic reasons, please.

Thelonius
2013-02-26, 09:52 AM
To defile a body of an opponent, whom you fought in a honorable combat? This won't reflect on the King well...

Tregon would like the body for diplomatic reasons, please.

Tastes like chicken? Heh, let's face it, that's what everybody will think. Or perhaps Orkish sausage makers will start to supply Wallen-on-a-Bun special?

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-26, 10:01 AM
Cremation is defilement?

Eldan
2013-02-26, 10:03 AM
Depending on the religion, yes.

HerbieRAI
2013-02-26, 10:04 AM
Goddammit, Wallen is dead 5 seconds and I already have two different factions asking for the body.

... I think I should burn it.

... I may be able to work with that. In any case, who do you trust with the body of your enemy, the holy church or a mad doctor?

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-26, 10:04 AM
Fair, I suppose. Do we have it on record what religion Wallen was? Actually, you know what, I'll just read this will I clearly have.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-26, 10:14 AM
Awwwww, that's so unfair.

I had one last VIP action with Wallen, and I went for the long shot. Too bad. I knew it was unlikely to work. :smallbiggrin:

I had to gag myself to keep my mouth shut. :smalltongue:

Grimsage Matt
2013-02-26, 10:23 AM
Fair, I suppose. Do we have it on record what religion Wallen was? Actually, you know what, I'll just read this will I clearly have.

Wallen was a secert convert to The Technist faith. Which is a paradoxicaly secluar faith.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-26, 10:25 AM
I already sent the Will to the Wren. I'm so sorry I don't have the possibility of rewriting it that way. :smallbiggrin:

I'm surprised to see that Wallen's corpse has become spoils of war, so to speak.

I had no idea so many of you were into Necromancy

EDIT: I hope Imperial will publish it as it's stated in the Will. There's a last minute surprise there. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT 2: LOSING IS FUN.even when you don't end up with a Tantrum Spiral, it's fun.

Eldan
2013-02-26, 10:35 AM
Nah. I don't want your corpse for Necromancy. I just want to get my reputation lower than the Warden's, for influence points. So, I wanted to feed refugees on Wallen sausage. :smalltongue:

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-26, 10:40 AM
Perfect. Then the Hidden Wallen Spirit wakes up, and anyone who has eaten the sausages becomes a Wallen Zombie.

They eat your brains out, making you think and act like a Lodstrom Party supporter.

"Constitutional Monarchyyyyyy... We Want constitutional Monarchyyyy"

"When.. do.. We.. Wants it?"

"NOW!!!!"

All is going according to plan :smallcool:

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-26, 12:42 PM
Awwwww, that's so unfair.

I had one last VIP action with Wallen, and I went for the long shot. Too bad. I knew it was unlikely to work. :smallbiggrin:

I had to gag myself to keep my mouth shut. :smalltongue:

I only caught it by sheer luck. You were certainly ambitious. I mean, killing himself? Just because he killed James? The Wren has far too much ego for that.

Also, just as far as Wallens words go, we killed the military, and the civilian robbing was not us. My stupid Gregorians got overexcited upon being led into the richest district in the city. :smallsigh:

I'm not going around giving orders to massacre civilians.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-26, 12:52 PM
I read the post again; and I see what you mean.

I didn't mean for him to kill himself, but to live with the shame of killing the King and being bested by Wallen.

EDIT: well; that's not how Wallen would see it, right?

He wouldn't go for the "poor gregorians, it was too much for them" angle.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-26, 12:54 PM
Sure, but you outright said that the Wren had civilians killed. That's just not true.

'Oh no, the richest people in the city lost some money! I will play them a sad little tune on my violin'

I suppose I'll let you get away with it, since I got to stab him in the neck shortly after.

Thelonius
2013-02-26, 01:12 PM
I wonder what's next on the agenda for the Royal Trio. You've been keeping mum about your moves. And even more I'm curious what Heladuits would do next. Perhaps it's something to do with all the letters, they've sent...

Eldan
2013-02-26, 01:22 PM
I'm not telling anyone anything.
SEND ME OFFERS

Thelonius
2013-02-26, 01:36 PM
Yeah, me too. It was more of a ''the next turn is going to be interesting'' then
actually asking.

Copper8642
2013-02-26, 01:36 PM
Yeah, even as someone who barely pays attention to the massive plots and conversations that go on (this happens in most games, for me, I just don't have the want to read and write quite that much (why am I playing Total War then!?)), this game has led to some very entertaining moments. I think my favorite would be "Oh no, the Wardens are going to attack us, we're doomed!" *EOTs come* "Wait, the Sausage Guild has how much military?"

I remember being allied with you guys. Good times... good times...

As for you Thelonius (and whoever else is interested), I feel we can have a fun bit 'o conversation about our various plots and reasonings after this game has ended. Not quite yet though. Let me just say that I did not start the game with the intention of betraying you and the rest of the city.

Thelonius
2013-02-26, 01:46 PM
Which made the betrayal so unexpected. We worked together on a lot of projects and I think you succeeded at being affably evil - you never expect them to twist the knife in, even if they are obvious about it.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-26, 06:21 PM
Sure, but you outright said that the Wren had civilians killed. That's just not true.

.................................................. ..

I suppose I'll let you get away with it, since I got to stab him in the neck shortly after.
In here, IC and OOC collide in my case.

OOC, you are half right. I know the Wren acted like you said. Even so, as a commander, he is still responsible for the actions of his men (Gregorian or not).
But given Wallen's own history, he judged the Wren badly.
I mean, Wallen was partially responsible for the operation tht burned down half of Runner's City.

IC, Wallen didn't care if he was right or wrong anymore. He knew he was a goner anyways.
He tried to understand the Wren to cast his spell, and tried to use guilt and anger to make him lower his guard.

I mean, even if the Wren knows it wasn't his fault, he still must have felt responsible somewhere.

I'm sure that, deep down, he is a good guy :smallbiggrin:

'Oh no, the richest people in the city lost some money! I will play them a sad little tune on my violin'

"PRIVATE!!! WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT DRESS!"

"SARGEANT SIR, IN MADAME BETEOUI'S MANOR, SIR!!"

"YOU LOOK LOVELY IN IT, PRIVATE!!! THE COLOURS MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A BUTTERFLY!"

"SIR, THANK YOU SIR!"

FINALLY: I was going to point out that it's hilarious that the Heladuits are the official scapegoats for everyone else; and that I was sure they were being blamed for the lousy weather.

Then I remembered that they caused the Storm.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-26, 06:34 PM
You're implying the Wren isn't a good guy. :smallconfused:

Yes, I know he said otherwise himself. He says a lot of things. I wouldn't trust a word he says. :smalltongue: Especially when he says how much of a liar he is. I mean, if there is a rationale for the failure of your little trick, it's that you still don't understand the Wren.

Also, Private Butterfly will definitely feature in the ranks of the Order. :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2013-02-26, 06:48 PM
And here I was thinking Private Butterfly might be an orc. I might send him to the gladiator arena, maybe.

Imperial Psycho
2013-02-26, 06:52 PM
Orcs didn't have the opportunity to loot Madame Beteoui's manor.

Also, while we're judging people, I really didn't expect Wallen to run around arresting people for their political affiliations. I mean, it looked to me like he planned to purge all of the nobility of his enemies.

Eldan
2013-02-26, 06:57 PM
Hm. True. I guess he'll just have his love of dresses from somewhere else.

I'll go make a few sketches.

Thelonius
2013-02-26, 07:12 PM
Politics & Power corrupt? I dislike this cliche saying, but it's proving to be depressingly true. Look at what happened to Dr. Vasari, turned into a complete schemer. The nicest factions are the ones that stay away from the politics, with Sausage Guild being a semi-exception.

Eldan
2013-02-26, 07:19 PM
Damn. Can't find a working camera or scanner.

But then, not uploading pictures of coquettish heavily muscled orcs in ball dresses might be better for my internet reputation.

Zemalac
2013-02-26, 07:21 PM

But then, not uploading pictures of coquettish heavily muscled orcs in ball dresses might be better for my internet reputation.

I think we all know you need to show us these pictures now.

ArcaneStomper
2013-02-26, 07:22 PM
Politics & Power corrupt? I dislike this cliche saying, but it's proving to be depressingly true. Look at what happened to Dr. Vasari, turned into a complete schemer. The nicest factions are the ones that stay away from the politics, with Sausage Guild being a semi-exception.

I cannot tell if you mean that I have strayed into politics but kept my niceness, or that I stay out of politics but am still evil. I like to think that I the Sausage Guild has only ever worked for the good of the city.

oblivion6
2013-02-26, 07:23 PM

No, it won't damage your reputation at all. Its for a good cause after all.

Eldan
2013-02-26, 07:26 PM
I'll see if I can get something working tomorrow evening. It's 1:30 in the morning and I should really be asleep.

Also, really not much of an artist.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-26, 07:38 PM
Eldan. Mad genius Eldan, God bless you.

What would we do without you.
Pics or it didn't happen.

EDIT: You heard Oblivion. It's for a good cause. Think of the children, Eldan. Will you think of the children?!?!?!?!?!

(Unimportant rant about the effects of power.
Private Butterfly. My argument is invalid)
Power corrupts? Certainly. Wallen wouldn't even have thought of that in turn 2 or 3.

That said; he did have a reason for moving against Matoff and ESGE like that.

He had enough reasons to believe they were working with a man he saw as a war criminal. I won't say more to prevent leakage of IC actions that may be unknown to most factions.

Then again, perhaps he (And me, by the way) was misled, the ESGE was inocent and it was the Heladuits all along. Which would be incredibly funny, and a fridge brilliance moment in hindsight.

Thelonius
2013-02-26, 07:47 PM
Sausage Guild is creepy. And I believe everybody (heck maybe even Heladuit in some twisted sense) is working for the good city. It's just that a lot of people think them being in charge and other people being dead is what the city really needs.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-26, 07:52 PM
When did Broken City become a metaphor for the French Revolution?

Eldan
2013-02-26, 08:00 PM
Probably at the moment anarchists started waving flags in the streets and shouting for freedom and equality.

Copper8642
2013-02-26, 08:01 PM
And I believe everybody (heck maybe even Heladuit in some twisted sense) is working for the good city.

Thel, remind me to work with you in any other Total War games we both play in, because despite my best efforts, I can't get you to dislike me.

"Oh man, the Heladuits are war profiteering? I love those guys! So clever!"

"The Heladuits have committed genocide and relocated the poor? Those nobles, you know how they are."

"Part of the city is in ruin and I can't find Lascelles? I think Markus has some altruistic motive, somewhere in there."

I mean, honestly, we should be friends, because it's like I can't anger you.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-26, 08:11 PM
Probably at the moment anarchists started waving flags in the streets and shouting for freedom and equality.

Ah. so, turn 1? Go figure.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, a few guys turned to gold from stepping on their floor? how artistic!"

EDIT: I went back to make sure that last fact was public; and I misread. Instead of Sio Tequio, Silo Tequilo. Brain bleach needed over here.

Thelonius
2013-02-26, 08:16 PM
Well, IC Vasari would be quite happy to cook and eat Markus for dinner - heck, I've got a bit of fluff written of what would happen, if Heladuits are brought down and Markus is captured alive. A bit sad, that I might never get to use it :smalltongue:, with how things are going.

But how can I be mad at you OOC? Great games need great villains. Heck, if I wasn't on the receiving side, I'd be more appreciating of the situation.

ragingrage
2013-02-26, 08:18 PM
If Markus is taken alive, I'm taking him. You can write some fluff, but I want to be the one who KILLS him.

EDIT: And oh yeah, the Heladuits are phenomenal Villains. And enemies. It's been great so far :smallbiggrin:

Thelonius
2013-02-26, 08:20 PM
Oh my, we might have a conflict there :smallbiggrin: The way I planned to have things set up, he could even survive it...

Funny thing, part of the fluff included - ''if he can persuade the crowds to let him go, then let him, but that should be practically impossible''... :smallbiggrin: Wow, talk about tempting fate [Zemalac] and having it knock your teeth out.

Copper8642
2013-02-26, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I'm aware that my completely uninformed decisions keep being the scissors to your well-planned scheming's paper. I'm just getting lucky, I believe.

And yes, I know you shouldn't hate me OOC (nor would I want you to! We bros!), but it's still... entertaining.

Eldan
2013-02-27, 03:55 PM
Okay, okay. Here's me proving that I can't draw hands. Or arms.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5319/orcwb.jpg

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-02-27, 04:22 PM
All Behold Private Butterfly In His Fabulous Magnificence

oblivion6
2013-02-27, 06:22 PM
Better than anything I could've accomplished. Thats for sure.

Thelonius
2013-03-01, 05:29 PM
Well, EoT sent. Time to wait and worry...

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-01, 05:32 PM
My EoT may be late. I accidentally snapped my glasses in half this afternoon and am currently more concerned with replacing them than anything else.

Also it's a bit hard to see to write my EoT.:smallsmile:

oblivion6
2013-03-01, 05:48 PM
Well, EoT sent. Time to wait and worry...

Normally I look forward to the results of my turns but this time I don't know if I really want to know. Either very good results or very very bad results.

Zemalac
2013-03-01, 11:57 PM
My EoT may be late. I accidentally snapped my glasses in half this afternoon and am currently more concerned with replacing them than anything else.

Also it's a bit hard to see to write my EoT.:smallsmile:

That's fine. Murska already asked for an extension because he's spending most of the week away from the Internet, and I'm going to be traveling for most of Sunday so I'm not going to be able to get much work done on EoTs over the weekend anyway.

Thelonius
2013-03-02, 04:25 PM
By the way - we did reach an understanding about Old Face, right? I put in my EoT, that BH provides peaceful mediation.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-02, 06:15 PM
Alright my EoT is in.

Hopefully people will stop attacking me so I can make my repairs in peace.

Zemalac
2013-03-03, 02:28 PM
I am still missing EoTs from the Silversmith's Guild, the Executive Breuacracy (though I should note that Greystone left me generic orders earlier just in case he couldn't get on this week), the Heladuit Court and the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers. Running this turn may take me a little while, since I'm writing this while traveling back to school for spring quarter and haven't actually worked on any EoT-related things yet, so you all still have a little time to get orders to me.

Nyrt
2013-03-05, 12:16 PM
I am still missing EoTs from the Silversmith's Guild, the Executive Breuacracy (though I should note that Greystone left me generic orders earlier just in case he couldn't get on this week), the Heladuit Court and the Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers. Running this turn may take me a little while, since I'm writing this while traveling back to school for spring quarter and haven't actually worked on any EoT-related things yet, so you all still have a little time to get orders to me.

Sorry, I was out of town. I'll get that to you now.

Eldan
2013-03-07, 09:22 AM
I'm slightly sad that I don't even warrant a namedrop in James' list of threats.

After all those carefully crafted insults I sent you. I thought we had something there, James. Something special. :smallfrown:

ForzaFiori
2013-03-07, 10:09 AM
I'm slightly sad that I don't even warrant a namedrop in James' list of threats.

After all those carefully crafted insults I sent you. I thought we had something there, James. Something special. :smallfrown:

Don't feel bad, I didn't either. :smallfrown:

razovor
2013-03-07, 10:17 AM
While you were important rivals, James didn't personally shed your blood, and the champions never engaged you in combat. The Blackfist were killed by the Ram, and the Ram by the Wardens.

Eldan
2013-03-07, 11:04 AM
But James! The Ram didn't mean anything, you have to believe me! I always wanted to sabotage you most.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-03-07, 12:28 PM
So, that's how this goes, Blackfist.
Nice to see where your heart is.

What was I to you? I sent you artistic caricatures! I funneled all those political blatherings to get your attention!!

I gave you the best turns of my life, and all to see you go for the funniest hat!!!

(Sobs)

Eldan
2013-03-07, 12:31 PM
I always thought we were platonic enemies!

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-03-07, 12:38 PM
Platonic!! So that is all I was. Naught but a dead greek man!

(Cries) It's always the same! I detest all factions!

I'm done with all of you! I will buy lots of cats and die alone!

(Cries and leaves the room)

PS: does this count as being friendzoned?

Eldan
2013-03-07, 12:39 PM
Wouldn't it be enemyzoned, rather?

*sniff* "I wanted to be more than just a casual obstacle on his rise to power, I really did. But he never saw me that way. Oh, we always skirmished in the streets, but there was never any real plotting behind it..."

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-07, 01:51 PM
Personally, my enemies generally didn't know that they were on my hit list. Wallen has been on mine for a loooong time. Pretty much from the moment he opened his mouth. :smalltongue:

Eldan
2013-03-07, 01:55 PM
Ah. A Stalker.

Listen, if you ever want real arch-enemies, you have to tell them how you feel about them.

Following people around against their will will just end up with a peace declaration and no one wants that.

oblivion6
2013-03-07, 06:26 PM
How are EoT's coming? The worrying is killing me.

Looks like we may very well need a new IC before the end...

ForzaFiori
2013-03-07, 08:21 PM
and the Ram by the Wardens.

I'm not dead yet! /british accent

I'm actually not worried about how this turn ended, for the first time in a while. Being reduced to a vassal of a massive power at least makes you sleep a little easier. :smallsigh:

Zemalac
2013-03-07, 08:26 PM
How are EoT's coming? The worrying is killing me.

Looks like we may very well need a new IC before the end...

And, like clockwork, you once again ask this question just before I wrap up running the turn.

NEXT EOT IS DUE FRIDAY MARCH 15TH. THAT IS, NEXT FRIDAY.

Eldan
2013-03-07, 08:26 PM
Someone please remind me to warm up the hot irons for when I next meet the mercantile guild.

oblivion6
2013-03-07, 08:32 PM
And, like clockwork, you once again ask this question just before I wrap up running the turn.

I always seem to do that. Maybe if I ask just hours after they're due next time...:smalltongue:

Someone please remind me to warm up the hot irons for when I next meet the mercantile guild.

Huh? I didn't do anything to you.

Eldan
2013-03-07, 08:38 PM
Exactly. I am waiting for the 10 wealth you promised me.

oblivion6
2013-03-07, 08:43 PM
Why should I pay you? I never actually needed the use of your warriors.

You said you would get back to me once you had confirmed whatever Wren/James would pay. Besides that, I thought I sent a message to you stating that you could disregard that offer.

ragingrage
2013-03-07, 08:46 PM
THEY'RE GONE. THEY'RE GONE. THEY'RE FINALLY GONE! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Now to hunt them down and kill them all...

oblivion6
2013-03-07, 08:54 PM
Normally I would agree with you but I am quite certain the whole city is going to burn befoe too long unless action is taken...Orks out for merchant heads, Traitor King torching Sausage Guild and an army of crusaders seeking to destroy Neposh by the look of things.

ragingrage
2013-03-07, 09:01 PM
Oh yeah, the city's going to burn. That's alright with me though. At least the Heladuits are gone.

Copper8642
2013-03-07, 09:10 PM
I figured I could only get lucky so many times. Without any real Espionage to speak of to actually know what other people were up to, my actions kept perfectly countering the actions of those who were out to get me. I figured it couldn't last, so... I ran. And good thing, I managed to get out as I got hit with more stat points than my good luck could have likely overcome. I wanted to get out with the satisfaction that I managed to scrape by against all of your actions, and then get out due to my own actions (which were influenced by your actions (fleeing from them)) as opposed to actually go out due to your actions (getting murdered).

So yeah, I didn't plan on going into this by becoming a full villain. I was just gonna keep being abrasive and bad to the population at large, but a moment came up that just couldn't be passed up. Lascelles beat Meredia at the theater, and nobody beats the Heladuits in that sort of stuff. So I needed to make him disappear. I had no idea what to do with my wealth for the turn, so I ended up buying out the soup kitchens in the town to make into boutiques, because... that's what I do. I had had Markus learn about the Celestial Network for "academic purposes" but on the understanding I would set it off later if I felt it was necessary, and with so much else going on (people had been noticing my poor-people-hate recently), I figured, why not? And I knew I'd be angering everyone, and I needed some resources to fall back on. So I betrayed the SGA for their resources out of necessity, not out of any initial plan. I had originally planned to make of with King James wealth because he kept telling me I should run his finances in his new order. So good on you James for never following through on that. I was totally going to cut and run after a few turns.

So yeah, I started out just yelling at the council and telling Wallen I didn't want to ally him in as rude terms as I could. Then one turn everything pointed towards "Go full villain mode," and I did.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-07, 09:11 PM
Well I guess I'm out.

It kind of makes me shake my head. The Sausage Guild always supported King James. And we would have continued to do so.

At least I take a little satisfaction in knowing that it took four factions working together to kill me and I still dealt almost as much damage as I took.

Nyrt
2013-03-07, 09:22 PM
Oh yeah, the city's going to burn. That's alright with me though. At least the Heladuits are gone.

The lower city is going to burn. The upper city is still doing fine. While you're all fighting to the death down there, I think I'm gonna throw a music festival or something. Use that island I took really early on, throw a huge party. That could be fun.
Yeah.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-07, 09:24 PM
The lower city is going to burn. The upper city is still doing fine. While you're all fighting to the death down there, I think I'm gonna throw a music festival or something. Use that island I took really early on, throw a huge party. That could be fun.
Yeah.

Hah, nope the upper city is starting to go hungry as well. You may not riot this turn, but just wait.

Zemalac
2013-03-07, 09:25 PM
Well I guess I'm out.

It kind of makes me shake my head. The Sausage Guild always supported King James. And we would have continued to do so.

At least I take a little satisfaction in knowing that it took four factions working together to kill me and I still dealt almost as much damage as I took.

Also potentially satisfying: that battle was the single largest military action in the game, in terms of stats invested, rolls made and stats destroyed. I think this was the highest-casualty battle thus far, at the very least, and I know that the attackers had the highest roll for any action in the game up to this point.

Eldan
2013-03-07, 09:26 PM
And guess who has the only reliable food sources left. :smallbiggrin:

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-07, 09:27 PM
Also potentially satisfying: that battle was the single largest military action in the game, in terms of stats invested, rolls made and stats destroyed. I think this was the highest-casualty battle thus far, at the very least, and I know that the attackers had the highest roll for any action in the game up to this point.

Did anyone have more stats than me at the height of Sausage Guild expansion? (two turns ago.)

And guess who has the only reliable food sources left. :smallbiggrin:

Not you. Food shipments to the city are being taken out, and not by the King James alliance which you are a quasi member of.

I expect that because all of you have been so keen on weakening on the infrastructure of the city it won't be long before the warlords come in. Followed shortly by the foreign empires.

Edit: Reading more closely it looks like they've already come for the Church of Neposh. I expect it wouldn't be hard to repel these guys, but good luck when the rest of them use that as an excuse to launch a real crusade. It already looks like the various empires have been gearing up to claim the area or keep their enemies from doing so.

oblivion6
2013-03-07, 09:41 PM
I agree with Arcane. Someone took out Murska's river patrol as well as stepped up raids on my own food shipments.

It probably won't be too difficult to repel the current invaders but it will be quite the fight depending on who got involved. There was a good bit of MIL behind them.

Thelonius
2013-03-08, 04:25 AM
I remember reading Orks-Mercantile Guild communications and I think it came to Orks: ''Nice offer, but other guys are offering us more'', at which point Mercantile Guild stopped negotiations.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-08, 05:21 AM
Actually it was 'we accept, but other guys have expressed an intent to outbid you'

We never actually did.

Thelonius
2013-03-08, 05:58 AM
Ah... I see.

And fate of the city decided by Theater - you've got to love Heladuits and Broken City.

HerbieRAI
2013-03-08, 08:34 AM
so...

Crusade. Great. Why do I have a feeling I'm about to be pounced on by everyone in the city?

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-08, 08:51 AM
so...

Crusade. Great. Why do I have a feeling I'm about to be pounced on by everyone in the city?

Well I don't feel any sympathy at all.

I mean really poisoned coins. That's why you attacked us. Unless you think gold is a poison then they aren't any such thing.

HerbieRAI
2013-03-08, 08:58 AM
Well, I am the one who currently owns the mint, had copies of your coins you've been minting for the past turn, and the means to poison things like that. I'd say yes, the coins are poison.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-08, 09:06 AM
Well, I am the one who currently owns the mint, had copies of your coins you've been minting for the past turn, and the means to poison things like that. I'd say yes, the coins are poison.

Well they aren't.

I mean I know that just sounds like a denial, but honestly I haven't done anything to those coins. I can't say what the Exchange did before I took over, but as far as I know they weren't poisoning them either.

I was magically tracking the coins, but nothing about the coins themselves was poisoned or magical. And I don't think the process of the tracking is harmful since I used the same method that the Conductor does and he's been doing it since before the game even started.

Edit: I admit that I don't actually know for certain that the coins weren't poisonous. I haven't been testing them all for that. So if someone wanted to I suppose they could have poisoned them without my knowledge, but I've been checking for infiltration every so often and turning up nothing.

Edit2: Also the fact that you know own the mint and all my original records means I can't very well prove my own innocence just repeatedly say so.

oblivion6
2013-03-08, 09:39 AM
Poisoned coins? Come on, why not go for something else?

razovor
2013-03-08, 10:51 AM
I'm going to try to forgot the last couple posts. I'd rather not have secrets spoiled for me out of character. These sort of debates are for the IC, where you're allowed to lie.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-08, 10:54 AM
No IC debates are for people who are actually playing. I've already sent in my last EoT, and posted my last IC post. So I'm out and this is my remaining option to refute the accusations against the Sausage Guild.

razovor
2013-03-08, 10:56 AM
But the church of Neposh is still playing. I don't want to know for certain whether or not they are lying.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-08, 10:56 AM
But the church of Neposh is still playing. I don't want to know for certain whether or not they are lying.

Don't see why it matters to you. You obviously had your own reasons for attacking me.

razovor
2013-03-08, 11:08 AM
I don't see why you need to defend a faction you're not playing. I guess you have a reputation for playing very trustworthy factions, but if that's important you can correct it after the game, when Neposh will be willing to say whether or not they were lying.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-08, 11:18 AM
To be entirely honest I am feeling extremely bitter right now. I liked the Sausage Guild a lot. They have been my favorite faction of any game I played. The only hostile action they ever did was to put the pressure on the Wardens when the Wardens invaded the Mercantile Guild. And as an aside I've regretted that ever since. Not because it made an enemy of the Wardens, but because we had an alliance at the start of the game. It never came to anything and kind of faded away, but I hate the idea of having betrayed an ally no matter how tenuous the connection. I've only ever betrayed someone twice, including that time. And the other time I was playing evil ghost creatures who it was in character for.

Anyway point is the Sausage Guild has been peaceful. We've only gone on the offensive once, and I've spent most of the game trying to dissuade other people from making attacks. But despite that I've been attacked over and over again. Bloodhand was nearly assassinated by multiple factions working together. Then a flood hits which only really affected me, I had no way to defend against, and which destroyed a big chunk of my stats. And now this. The attack I could deal with, but the allegations that I've been poisoning people. I want them to survive in some form. Maybe hugely diminished, but with an intact reputation even if I no longer play them.

But I am quite honestly thinking about quitting Total War entirely. This is impacting my emotional state too much. No game is worth this stress. I don't know I have to think on it for a day or two and maybe cool off.

Thelonius
2013-03-08, 11:38 AM
Well, as they guy, who was asked to verify, if there were in fact any poisoned coins, I'm going to say no, so reputation of the Sausage Guild is secure.

I understand what you mean by the emotional stress ArcaneStomper. Hope you'll stay with the game, since I do think in the end it's more often worth it, then not.

ForzaFiori
2013-03-08, 12:19 PM
Arcane: Without straying into topics we aren't allowed to discuss, this is a political game at it's base. History has long since taught us that you cannot be the biggest, baddest country and remain unattacked, always truthful, and neutral. The Sausage guild were a major power in the game, and any faction wanting to rule the city (including pretty much every faction that attacked you, IIRC) would know they either need you on their side, or taken down a peg. The attempts on Bloodhand were because you were clearly allied with the enemy of the RSA - James. This means that getting you on our side was impossible since, as you mentioned, you don't break oath. Therefor, we went to plan b - taking you down a peg.

Murska
2013-03-08, 12:25 PM
I attacked you for several reasons of varying importance not all of which I can write here. But the main ones were that I couldn't rely on being able to brush the Sausage Guild aside if they were to oppose me at an inopportune moment, and I couldn't rely on the Sausage Guild doing things that are in my interest.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-08, 12:25 PM
Arcane: Without straying into topics we aren't allowed to discuss, this is a political game at it's base. History has long since taught us that you cannot be the biggest, baddest country and remain unattacked, always truthful, and neutral. The Sausage guild were a major power in the game, and any faction wanting to rule the city (including pretty much every faction that attacked you, IIRC) would know they either need you on their side, or taken down a peg. The attempts on Bloodhand were because you were clearly allied with the enemy of the RSA - James. This means that getting you on our side was impossible since, as you mentioned, you don't break oath. Therefor, we went to plan b - taking you down a peg.

Which makes it all the more ironic that King James just attacked me doesn't it.

Don't get me wrong I can understand why you guys attacked me. And while I am frustrated that the Heladuits had been preparing a countermeasure against me long before I did anything against them or even might have done anything against them, I can understand why they broke the dam when they did.

It's the fact that King James attacked me. The king I had actually pledged fealty to some time ago. I mean one or two people attacking me sure, but everyone. With no one even trying to convince me to ally with them instead.

I attacked you for several reasons of varying importance not all of which I can write here. But the main ones were that I couldn't rely on being able to brush the Sausage Guild aside if they were to oppose me at an inopportune moment, and I couldn't rely on the Sausage Guild doing things that are in my interest.

Actually I don't blame you. I was expecting the Wardens to attack eventually. Or do something to neutralize my armies before they went after the Mercantile Guild.

That's why my tunnels were so heavily fortified in the first place.

Edit: Don't get me wrong the Sausage Guild was a strong faction closely allied with the SGA which made it a threat to those trying for power. I fully understand that, and I expected to be attacked eventually. Even sneak attacked.

It's the fact that King James who I've had dealings with and thought was more or less friendly who attacked me that gets me irked. That and the poison allegations. I mean I can fully understand if I had rejected James kingship and he attacked me. But he didn't even say anything about that beforehand. If he had even asked I would have fully supported his rule. I would have since the time he sent his agents to help me when the riots happened.

It boils down to the fact that I can accept being attacked, but I don't like being betrayed and slandered.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-08, 01:01 PM
Well, speaking as someone involved with that attack, I had no idea you felt that way, and my defence would be that actions speak louder than words. You've pledged loyalty a lot, I haven't see a whole lot else from you. Also I sorta assumed we burned any SGA bridges when I did that thing where I made a bunch of factions attack the Mercantile Guild.

razovor
2013-03-08, 01:01 PM
It's the fact that King James who I've had dealings with and thought was more or less friendly who attacked me that gets me irked. That and the poison allegations. I mean I can fully understand if I had rejected James kingship and he attacked me. But he didn't even say anything about that beforehand.

It boils down to the fact that I can accept being attacked, but I don't like being betrayed and slandered.

Yeah. I don't like the betrayal, but James thought it was necessary. He's always thought Absolute monarchy was best for the kingdom. There were two ways to get the SGA to kneel to the throne; do so much for you you'd consider giving him absolute power, and what we've done now.

I've made quite a few mistakes throughout this game, and being unsure which of the two options I wanted to pursue hasn't helped. Plus the wardens have been pushing you guys buttons for ages. Managed to get the Mercantile Guild to outright hate the King. Wallen managed to do some decent damage as well, that they were formerly an ally made their words much more believable.

Bad choice, even in the circumstance? Maybe. But James made the choice, not me. He wasn't intended to be a perfect king, or even a good one. Maybe I should chalk it up to the crowd he's fallen in with. If I'd joined the SGA rather than the Wardens/Wren early on the King might have turned out quite differently.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-08, 01:02 PM
Read: It's all the Wrens fault.

All of it. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Also, since I saw that bit about your emotionalness, I felt the same way with the NRE. My stomach did flips when I saw that EoT.

I got over it, and I'd do it again.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-03-08, 06:06 PM
I KNEW IT!!!

Since we are talking about it; I know that siding with SGA against James was a lousy move.
I had a vague idea it was a bad move back then when I made it (Though I had no idea how bad it was).

It was an In-Character move, however.

Wallen knew he had no way to stop the RSA attack, and that nobody would believe his word against the King. He knew he could not refuse and leave harmlessly.

He gave his word carelessly, and that is what ruined him. What was more important to him; his honour, or saving inocent lives?

Time has given us the answer.

Eldan
2013-03-08, 06:09 PM
If it's any consolation: I felt bad about attacking the Sausage Guild with the Blackfist. It wasn't my idea, and I was more or less dragged into it by my treacherous allies. "Oh, well, they said they'd attack the king later, when the SGA was dealt with".

Yeeeaah.

I admit only part of that was playing the Blackfist as idealistic and a bit naive.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-03-08, 06:13 PM
I'm having quite a bit of fun, imagining what would have happened if I had left that meeting with the king saying "THE RSA IS WORKING FOR JAMES!! THE RSA IS WORKING FOR JAMES!! THEY ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER, ALL OF THEM!!!"

Vassari would have used the chance to transform Wallen Manor into Wallen-Bloodhaven Mental Asylum, with Wallen as its first patient.

On the bright side, with the Gear's Chosen Network, using electroshock therapy would've been easier.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-08, 06:25 PM
It's annoying. I knew there was an information leak, but I assumed it was Wallen, because I knew the King was talking to him, and the King knew about that sorta stuff.

It was only a little later I realised that it didn't add up, and the leak was the Ram.

ForzaFiori
2013-03-08, 08:00 PM
It probably would have worked better if I had been planning it from the start. It was only when I started realizing that no one involved was actually focused on the supposed goal that I decided to use it as a chance to try to take out some rivals. I just wish it would have demolished the Wren rather than the Blackfists - you had allies and were able to repair the damage, the blackfists could have been picked off anytime.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-08, 08:02 PM
I actually never really recovered. I mean, I'm still active, and I'm still accomplishing things, but I'm a shadow of the power I was. :smalltongue:

In raw power terms at least. In power projection, I'm not doing too bad.

I should've known you wouldn't be convinced to murder my enemies. It seemed like such a neat way of resolving everything though.

ForzaFiori
2013-03-08, 09:21 PM
I would have been up for it if you had then been willing to murder my enemies. You were very vague on your promises on that front, probably due to your secret alliance with him. :smalltongue:

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-03-08, 10:06 PM
Sorry, Forza; we were secret allies and all; but I must agree with Imperial here.

The war-on-RSA part of the plan worked wonderfully.
The Blackfist was destroyed, and the Wren greatly weakened (I appear to have caused far more damage than I thought at the time... Wow).

It was the aftermath, man. We totally failed at controlling the aftermath.

James had just too much Rep. Nobody believed the Wallen story; and even though the SGA were willing to lend ears to it, they never really acted on the info.
We squabbled and waited for the EBSA to take cards in the matter.

We allowed them to guide the last Council session (Lord Protector; remember?) into a deadlock; and we allowed them to leave the City!

As a result, Wren & James were free to go and regroup. I knew I was almost done for back then; and then I made the (INSERT BAN-WORTHY EPITET AGAINST MYSELF HERE) mistake of sending my soldiers on that stupid, stupid "Carefully destroy the invincible storm of death and destruction which was supposed to be totally safe and not burn the not broken half of the City down" ruse.

Which made their job really easy afterwards.

oblivion6
2013-03-08, 10:36 PM
I didn't agree with allowing them to leave either and was worried. I had just hoped Rhodarmer would have lasted a bit longer.

So out of curiousity, I estimate you threw upwards of 50 MIL against Arcane? He had about 20 MIL and level 5 fortifications I believe. To so utterly crush such a powerful opponent...

ForzaFiori
2013-03-08, 11:21 PM
Sorry, Forza; we were secret allies and all; but I must agree with Imperial here.

The war-on-RSA part of the plan worked wonderfully.
The Blackfist was destroyed, and the Wren greatly weakened (I appear to have caused far more damage than I thought at the time... Wow).

It was the aftermath, man. We totally failed at controlling the aftermath.

James had just too much Rep. Nobody believed the Wallen story; and even though the SGA were willing to lend ears to it, they never really acted on the info.
We squabbled and waited for the EBSA to take cards in the matter.

We allowed them to guide the last Council session (Lord Protector; remember?) into a deadlock; and we allowed them to leave the City!

As a result, Wren & James were free to go and regroup. I knew I was almost done for back then; and then I made the (INSERT BAN-WORTHY EPITET AGAINST MYSELF HERE) mistake of sending my soldiers on that stupid, stupid "Carefully destroy the invincible storm of death and destruction which was supposed to be totally safe and not burn the not broken half of the City down" ruse.

Which made their job really easy afterwards.

I agree with Imperial that he was hurt pretty bad, I'm just saying I wish his result and Eldan's were switched - if we had completely wiped out the wren, and left a weakened blackfist, things might have gone different. The Blackfist didn't have the public support James and the Wren had, nor the allies.

Though, as soon as the Wardens moved in, I knew I was done for. This may be my first game, but even I know not to let Murska touch you in TW.

Murska
2013-03-09, 12:19 AM
I didn't agree with allowing them to leave either and was worried. I had just hoped Rhodarmer would have lasted a bit longer.

So out of curiousity, I estimate you threw upwards of 50 MIL against Arcane? He had about 20 MIL and level 5 fortifications I believe. To so utterly crush such a powerful opponent...

Well, some of that was Mag and not Mil but yeah.

Heladuits were very useful in both harming our targets with the Network explosion and the flood and also drawing attention.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-09, 01:19 AM
Actually I'll just post the battle rolls here. Consider this an in character update to my allies about the minimum forces they can expect to hit them.

To the SGA
Champions: 10 MIL, 8 ESP, 1 MAG, VIP (Commander Brannigan), VIP (King James), In The Kingís Name, Distant (8 neighborhoods away)
Wardens: 14 MIL, 2 MAG, VIP (Commander Tarmin), Legion Discipline, Dragon Guns, Black Powder Weapons II
Church of Neposh: 11 MIL, 8 MAG, VIP (Sister Serina), VIP (Commander Kos)
Order of the Wren: 6 MIL, 12 ESP, VIP (The Wren), VIP (Simon Lonecutter), The Wren, Black Powder Weapons II, Distant (8 neighborhoods away)
TOTAL ROLLS: 413

Sausage Guild: 12 MIL, VIP (Urso Bloodhand), Assault Tunnelers, Fortifications (rank 5), The Grid, Bloody Business, Vaults of Flesh. TOTAL ROLLS: 182

Sausage Guild loses 12 MIL
Bloody Business trait negates Sausage Guild MOR loss

Note: Attacker attrition losses increased by traits: Fortifications (5), Assault Tunnelers. Vaults of Flesh trait increases attrition losses for attack in Bunkers neighborhood only.
Champions lose 2 MIL
Order of the Wren loses 1 MIL, 1 ESP
Church of Neposh loses 2 MIL (Healer VIP attached to action: 1 MIL restored. Total MIL lost: 2)
Wardens lose 3 MIL

Considering that it was 72 stats, 7 VIPs, and a bunch of assorted traits vs. 12 stats, 1 VIP, and less traits I think I did rather well.

ragingrage
2013-03-09, 01:23 AM
Oh lord. That is not pretty.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-09, 01:26 AM
It is nasty. But consider that they outnumbered me by 6 to 1, but only actually rolled twice as well as me.

If I had had the forces I had before the flood, and a bit of warning to muster my magic and espionage I think I could have held out.

oblivion6
2013-03-09, 01:29 AM
Hmm, thats quite the battle...

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-03-10, 10:43 AM
By Neposh and the Old Gods........ :smalleek:

Someone who writes better than me needs to make a fluff piece about the Sausage's downfall. Epic stuff there.

oblivion6
2013-03-12, 04:58 PM
Out of curiousity, what happened to the WEL the Sausage Guild had? Please tell me James and the Wardens didn't acquire it...

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-12, 04:59 PM
Nothing, I still have it. All they did this turn was knock out my mil and take some of my territories.

oblivion6
2013-03-12, 05:01 PM
Ah, thats good.

Thelonius
2013-03-14, 06:58 AM
Are Technist Guild and ESBA still playing? I haven't seen much activity from them in the IC lately.

oblivion6
2013-03-14, 08:35 AM
I don't think i've seena post here from either of them for the last 2 turns. For the EBSA thats not unusual since I know Greystone isn't on very much, but the Technists use to be able to post fairly often.

oblivion6
2013-03-14, 04:30 PM
Sorry about double-post, but did you get my PM from a couple days ago, Zemalac? I think a response to that is necessary for my EoT.

Zemalac
2013-03-16, 09:21 AM
As a reminder, EoTs for Turn 19 are due. Get 'em to me soon as you can; at the moment it is easier for me to count EoTs I have rather than the ones I don't have, so I'm forced to assume everyone forgot when the deadline was.

Copper8642
2013-03-16, 10:51 AM
It has been brought to my attention that certain parties have been trying to contact me, under the impression that I'm actually going to return to the city. That impression is false.

Eldan
2013-03-16, 11:02 AM
A propos coming back. I'm wondering what those Blackfist sleeper cells are doing.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-16, 02:25 PM
As a reminder, EoTs for Turn 19 are due. Get 'em to me soon as you can; at the moment it is easier for me to count EoTs I have rather than the ones I don't have, so I'm forced to assume everyone forgot when the deadline was.

You have my EoT right?

Zemalac
2013-03-16, 02:28 PM
You have my EoT right?

Indeed I do, though it took me a little while to find it again in the morass of PMs I got around the time you sent it in.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-16, 02:31 PM
Indeed I do, though it took me a little while to find it again in the morass of PMs I got around the time you sent it in.

Do you also have the revision I sent. Because I can compile it into one cleaner EoT if you need me to.

Zemalac
2013-03-16, 02:44 PM
Do you also have the revision I sent. Because I can compile it into one cleaner EoT if you need me to.

If you mean the alteration you made on Thursday, yes, I have that. You can compile everything into a single EoT if you want, but I've already run through your EoT anyway so that may not change anything.

Still waiting on EoTs from the Esoteric Society, Order of the Wren, Silversmith and Technist Guilds.

oblivion6
2013-03-16, 02:51 PM
You may need to run the Technists as an NPC for this turn. Grim hasn't been on since the 9th.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-16, 02:58 PM
If you mean the alteration you made on Thursday, yes, I have that. You can compile everything into a single EoT if you want, but I've already run through your EoT anyway so that may not change anything.

Still waiting on EoTs from the Esoteric Society, Order of the Wren, Silversmith and Technist Guilds.

Well it wasn't as well formatted as I prefer, but as long as you got it all then it is fine.

Thelonius
2013-03-16, 05:36 PM
I wonder what nation has Markus Heladuit inflicted himself on :smallbiggrin: Be afraid! Be very afraid! Granted absconding from the city right now might have been a good idea.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-16, 06:13 PM
EoT submitted. Sorry about the lateness, I wrote the whole thing out, then accidentally closed the tab. Demoralised me for a while. :smalltongue:

oblivion6
2013-03-16, 06:28 PM
absconding from the city right now might have been a good idea.

Lucky them. They get to stay out of the crossfire between the SGA and James.

Murska
2013-03-16, 07:03 PM
Lucky them. They get to stay out of the crossfire between the SGA and James.

Well, that crossfire's pretty much over.

oblivion6
2013-03-16, 07:22 PM
Ah, so you are planning to attack me now that Sausage Guild is out of the way(Or is he...)? Oh well, I wouldn't count us out just yet.

Murska
2013-03-16, 07:25 PM
The more practical people in the Guilds are starting to see the writing on the wall. Better to be on the winning side and survive, you know.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-16, 07:33 PM
The more practical people in the Guilds are starting to see the writing on the wall. Better to be on the winning side and survive, you know.

See the problem with that is that I literally was telling the rest of the SGA that last turn and look what happened to me.

If you kill people who are thinking about joining your side people stop thinking about joining your side.

Eldan
2013-03-16, 07:34 PM
And that's why you stay an independent nation and get rich of mercenary fees!

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-16, 07:38 PM
See the problem with that is that I literally was telling the rest of the SGA that last turn and look what happened to me.

If you kill people who are thinking about joining your side people stop thinking about joining your side.

Wouldn't have happened if you'd actually communicated that to us at all.

Regardless, the SGA was never a particularly unified political force, and I don't really expect it to last much longer.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-16, 07:50 PM
Wouldn't have happened if you'd actually communicated that to us at all.

No one asked. And for the entire game I have been supportive of King James. I even told King James that we were looking forward to his return to the city.

From way back in turn 7

To the Champion's of Sovereignty
We wish to inform King James that our tests have indeed proven his blood to be that of Kings. We will support his claim to the throne. And if he wishes provide our research for him to show publicly or not as he wishes.

Assuming of course that we come out of current exchange between the SGA and the Wardens intact.

From back when he left the city.

To Champions of Sovereignty
We noticed that you are leaving the city. Do you plan to retain administration of Resseville and Hopers while you are out of town? If we would be willing to secure it for your eventual return. We admit to also needing additional room to house the facilities necessary to feed the additional refugees in Runner's City, and so would be willing to pay a reasonable sum for administration rights.

To the Champions of Sovereignty
We understand your hesitation. It would indeed be a difficult decision to decide who best to entrust your homes to. We at least believe that you have been falsely accused as you have always stood by us.

Also to help alleviate the problems you must face with leaving your homes behind we are willing to help with coin. We offer [2 Wel/turn] for as long as we are using the neighborhoods.

(Basically 2 p. Wel that you don't need a cap for. Which I figure is important if you are abandoning the territories that raised your cap in the first place.)

I don't see how I could have been any more clear. If he had ever asked for our help we would have given it. But not once did King James approach us for anything*.

*At least as far as I can remember.

Murska
2013-03-16, 07:52 PM

People who're thinking about joining our side should probably tell us that. My diplomatic interaction with you was sparse and relatively cold, with the only notable event having been a surprise attack on your part, and you were the main (only, really) military threat that could conceivably join any sort of offensive against us, so I rated you as the best target for a surprise strike as I was under the apparently mistaken preconception that you'd most likely be an opposing force to us.

Really, I could deal with the remainder of hostile military forces in the City by myself.

@^ As for interaction between you and James, I didn't really pay much attention to that. We don't really have an unified foreign policy most of the time.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-16, 07:54 PM
People who're thinking about joining our side should probably tell us that. My diplomatic interaction with you was sparse and relatively cold, with the only notable event having been a surprise attack on your part, and you were the main (only, really) military threat that could conceivably join any sort of offensive against us, so I rated you as the best target for a surprise strike as I was under the apparently mistaken preconception that you'd most likely be an opposing force to us.

Really, I could deal with the remainder of hostile military forces in the City by myself.

I admit that I didn't talk to the Wren or the Wardens, but I was under the impression that King James did know. And that you know the alliance based around putting him on the throne would be informed about little things like who had already declared support for that.

And I have actively told the SGA to put our differences behind us and support him. So however it looks to the rest of you to the SGA at least it looks like an out and out betrayal.

Just look at what House Laurier said when you tried to get them to support you this turn.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-16, 08:02 PM
Well, we never had access to the SGAs secret meetings, so I genuinely had no idea.

I thought you were slightly more sympathetic than the other SGA guys, but I always vaguely had you pegged as an opponent since I murdered your leader. (He got better). Also, no offense, but you're really shady. I also had a pet theory that your metro system was some sort of city wide blood magic.

Well, no changing it now. Mistakes were made, time to adapt to the consequences.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-16, 08:04 PM
Well, we never had access to the SGAs secret meetings, so I genuinely had no idea.

I thought you were slightly more sympathetic than the other SGA guys, but I always vaguely had you pegged as an opponent since I murdered your leader. (He got better)

I honestly had no idea you were involved in that.

I also always considered the SGA meetings to be leaking like a sieve due to the wording of the actual trait that gave us the meeting hall.

Murska
2013-03-16, 08:05 PM
I never bothered trying to infiltrate the SGA, as I figured I could get any important information through other routes and if something slipped by, it'd make itself known eventually.

It's refreshing to play with a hammer. It doesn't matter what the nail is plotting.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-16, 08:05 PM
You definitely did have an idea, since Zem accidentally left my involvement in, remember? Though IC I suppose you didn't, I assumed you would investigate and find out about my involvement eventually.

I often considered infiltrating the SGA commerce hall, but it was never quite worth the risk.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-16, 08:08 PM
You definitely did have an idea, since Zem accidentally left my involvement in, remember? Though IC I suppose you didn't, I assumed you would investigate and find out about my involvement eventually.

That was for the riots, which I have long since put behind me as part of plotting by the RSA, which did get destroyed. For the assassination Zemalac didn't slip and I still don't know who helped in that other than the Blackfist, who again got destroyed.

Also honestly it took me so long to recover from the assassination that I was busy trying to get my plans on track rather than looking for every single culprit since I assumed that the RSA was behind it and all the members of the RSA were dead or turned out to be agents of other alliances.

Zemalac
2013-03-16, 08:08 PM

I often considered infiltrating the SGA commerce hall, but it was never quite worth the risk.

That was the riots. Those involved in the Bloodhand assassination were never revealed.

EDIT: And, ninja'd.

Copper8642
2013-03-16, 08:56 PM
Granted absconding from the city right now might have been a good idea.

Yeah, I got out of the city for those very reasons.

I started my strikes against everyone with the goals of advancing myself in the city. When I bit off more than I could chew (kind of intentionally), I just figured I should do as much damage to my enemies as possible before fleeing, so that they could do less about my escape.

Now I'm just being rich somewhere in the Merchant's Waters or something.

Zemalac
2013-03-16, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I got out of the city for those very reasons.

I started my strikes against everyone with the goals of advancing myself in the city. When I bit off more than I could chew (kind of intentionally), I just figured I should do as much damage to my enemies as possible before fleeing, so that they could do less about my escape.

Now I'm just being rich somewhere in the Merchant's Waters or something.

I believe I mentioned in a Skype conversation with someone else that your new Heladuit mansion was in Arypso (City of Golden Towers, Gateway to the Continent, etc). That particular city-state seemed to fit their character.

Technically speaking, people can still talk to you using the Waterman Contacts trait, or by doing the usual send a message and wait a turn for the reply thing.

Nyrt
2013-03-16, 11:29 PM
That was the riots. Those involved in the Bloodhand assassination were never revealed.

Bloodhand was assassinated? I missed something again, didn't I? Dang it.

oblivion6
2013-03-16, 11:59 PM
Assassination attempt would be more accurate. It was believed by the perpetrators(Wren, Wardens, Blackfist, etc) that he was dead but he survived and stayed underground.

razovor
2013-03-17, 04:03 AM
I don't see how I could have been any more clear. If he had ever asked for our help we would have given it. But not once did King James approach us for anything*.

*At least as far as I can remember.

I made the mistake of not testing your loyalty, but you also never came to me offering help, or acted when help would have obviously been wanted.

But I could have fixed that as well, if I'd maintained a proper dialogue with you. I've been conflating yours, Mercantile guilds and Wallen's views for a while, especially since they both openly spoke against me, and you never spoke publicly in my favour.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-17, 04:47 AM
Ahehe. My bad, I misremembered. Well, little harm done now. Ah yes, I remember now, we got a pretty good success on that. Though obviously not good enough to finish Bloodhand

Edit: No, we never thought he was dead, just out of the way.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-17, 04:58 AM
I made the mistake of not testing your loyalty, but you also never came to me offering help, or acted when help would have obviously been wanted.

But I could have fixed that as well, if I'd maintained a proper dialogue with you. I've been conflating yours, Mercantile guilds and Wallen's views for a while, especially since they both openly spoke against me, and you never spoke publicly in my favour.

I didn't speak openly in favor about anything. I have in fact never gotten involved in the public debates that seem so common in this game.

razovor
2013-03-17, 05:10 AM
The public debates were some of the best bits. Gave real substance to the conflicts in the city. I was sad the SGA never got involved, we could have had a lot of good debates about the place of capitalism in society, and monopolies versus competition. Would have been nice to see the rams views on those.

Instead you were all relatively quiet and focused on your own work. I never got the impression the SGA cared about anything other than themselves.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-17, 05:23 AM
The public debates were some of the best bits. Gave real substance to the conflicts in the city. I was sad the SGA never got involved, we could have had a lot of good debates about the place of capitalism in society, and monopolies versus competition. Would have been nice to see the rams views on those.

Instead you were all relatively quiet and focused on your own work. I never got the impression the SGA cared about anything other than themselves.

Because we didn't want to rule we wanted to make Sav Altulas into an economic powerhouse. Almost all our efforts went into increasing the economy in one way or another. We built factories, invested in infrastructure and improved trade routes.

And the PCs weren't the only people to interact with. We probably helped more NPCs than any other group.

We probably would have gone with whatever ruler presented themselves as the eventual winner in the political arena. But apparently neutrality isn't possible in this game.

Eldan
2013-03-17, 05:38 AM
That was the problem, at least from my side. I had no idea what the SGA actually stood for, or what they did. Or some of the noble houses, guilds, etc. You were all just non-entities to me, since you never seemed to interact much with anyone, or have an opinion on most things.

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-17, 05:40 AM
Because we didn't want to rule we wanted to make Sav Altulas into an economic powerhouse. Almost all our efforts went into increasing the economy in one way or another. We built factories, invested in infrastructure and improved trade routes.

And the PCs weren't the only people to interact with. We probably helped more NPCs than any other group.

We probably would have gone with whatever ruler presented themselves as the eventual winner in the political arena. But apparently neutrality isn't possible in this game.

Well, speaking personally, the Sausage Guild were incredibly shady, I was near certain they were up to something with that metro system, and honestly, I'm not too comfortable with the merchants of the city holding such massive military forces. :smalltongue:

Neutrality isn't possible when you're sitting on the second largest army in the city.

Thelonius
2013-03-17, 06:37 AM
Heh, that's quite funny. SGA's lack of ambition and involvement in politics looked too suspicious for the city's schemers and plotters. If only we were a power hungry bunch. I think our conflicts were mostly limited to Wardens muscling in on the Stacks.

And issue of Sausage Guild army was brought up once. I recall them giving an explanation for why they need so many. Or was it in a personal PM...

Eldan
2013-03-17, 06:49 AM
They did look a bit shady, but that wasn't even really the problem. If the SGA had come out and said "We don't really care about your politics, we just want to improve the economy", that would hve been fine. But just staying silent on every issue? It means that no one knows where you stand. That's shady.

ForzaFiori
2013-03-17, 10:48 AM
I'm sorry for the short notice, but I will be away from the internet until Wednesday evening. I'm on vacation and my hotel doesn't have wifi.

Zemalac
2013-03-17, 10:48 PM
Not to diminish the impact of so many people getting either taken out or dropping out, but running turns with only ten EoTs is a hell of a lot easier than my usual 18 or so.

Some comments on this turn:

-Writing the IC post was a lot of fun, thanks to one of the Ram's actions this turn. Pity Forza won't be able to see that result until Wednesday.

-Murska, you'd mentioned to me on Skype the other day that "I'm hoping that when people decide to take the Wardens out, it'll be with a proper 400-pointer attack." I just wanted to point out that, due to sheer coincidence, the rolls for the battle in Gilded this turn added up to 399.

-Total War games, in my understanding, usually last for about 20 turns. My question to you guys, therefore, is this: do you guys think that twenty turns is enough? Or do you think that resolving the game is going to take longer than this one upcoming turn? This is my first Total War game that I've run, and the first one that I've played all the way through, so while I have some idea of how I'd like to handle it I don't know how it's usually done.

FINAL NOTE:
Next EoT is due Friday, March 29th. That is to say, next Friday. I will not be online during the upcoming weekend due to PAX East, but I think me getting this turn done in one day makes up for that lost time.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-17, 11:03 PM
I did not expect to have territories left this turn.

As for game length I think we should keep going as long as it takes. The 20 turn thing isn't a set length. It's just rare for a game to make it that far. I'm happy to continue playing for as long as the Sausage Guild lasts.

oblivion6
2013-03-17, 11:15 PM
Wow, that was a really quick response! :smallcool: Haven't read my EoT or the IC update but all my stats looked intact so thats a plus.

I say we keep going as well.

ragingrage
2013-03-17, 11:16 PM
I'd also like to keep going. Also, I'll mention that the Truth of Sav Altulas is amazing. As is the Bookbinder's Guild.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-17, 11:29 PM
I must say that I completely trust "The Sav Altulas Standard"

Their complete lack of bias is just an amazing display of journalistic integrity.

The fact that I can apparently get distribution wherever I it is that ended up is also pretty impressive.

ragingrage
2013-03-17, 11:31 PM
Really? Though the Standard doesn't show much bias, it's clear that the reporting of The Truth of Sav Altulas is nothing but cold, hard, facts. Can't beat that.

EDIT: Poor Wren. I don't know his stat total, but damn he must have lost a considerable portion... It really sucks when people you thought dead return, eh?

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-18, 08:02 AM
Erm... yeah.. there goes all that esp I had. :(

Anyway, I vote carry on. "Redeye", for example, seems like a pressing issue that might take a while to resolve.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-18, 02:38 PM
You know the irony of the ESGE's latest research is that the Sausage Guild had quite a few ways of producing food with magic. It was our job after all. My last full action was actually working to get food production back up and start distributing it.

But of course we were forced out of the city, and no one even thought to ask us for our research.

Eldan
2013-03-18, 02:39 PM
Fine with me. I'm making so much money from this food shortage.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-18, 02:41 PM

Because of course that isn't suspicious at all.

Zemalac
2013-03-18, 03:13 PM
You know the irony of the ESGE's latest research is that the Sausage Guild had quite a few ways of producing food with magic. It was our job after all. My last full action was actually working to get food production back up and start distributing it.

But of course we were forced out of the city, and no one even thought to ask us for our research.

The difference here is that where you used blood magic to shape creatures and grow the sort of meat-things you wanted, the ESGE is literally just creating food out of the air without needing to start from any sort of base. Which is something that is crazy difficult to do, incidentally, which is probably why no one else has bothered trying it. No one else really has the MAG.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-18, 03:19 PM
The difference here is that where you used blood magic to shape creatures and grow the sort of meat-things you wanted, the ESGE is literally just creating food out of the air without needing to start from any sort of base. Which is something that is crazy difficult to do, incidentally, which is probably why no one else has bothered trying it. No one else really has the MAG.

I bet I have the know how to engineer people into being able to eat anything for the same amount of magic.

Also technically using magic to grow a meat creature is also creating food out of thin air. The fact that it gets processed by a butcher doesn't change the fact that it is still growing without eating, or at least without eating nearly enough to justify the growth. I kind of glossed over the thermodynamic breaking aspects of that when I wrote the faction.

Using magic to grow some kind of lichen or fungus and then cook it into bread would probably be a lot more efficient than what I did. But I feel that the Baker's Guild doesn't have quite the same vibe as the Sausage Guild.

Although now that I think about it I could work with The Mushroom Men.

oblivion6
2013-03-18, 04:52 PM

Yeah because you orchestrated all this. I knew it couldn't be a simple local Warlord behind it all. Then you try to frame the Peacocks?

Eldan
2013-03-18, 04:58 PM
Eh. There wasn't really anyone else left that I could blame. Pretty much everyone else was on my side :smalltongue:

oblivion6
2013-03-18, 05:16 PM
Yeah, there are pretty much two sides in this conflict, neither one is going to give in. Only issue here is your side has the advantage in military force.

Could have spiced things up a bit and blamed ESGA. I would have considered that more likely than the Peacocks.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2013-03-18, 05:25 PM
I bet I have the know how to engineer people into being able to eat anything for the same amount of magic.

Also technically using magic to grow a meat creature is also creating food out of thin air. The fact that it gets processed by a butcher doesn't change the fact that it is still growing without eating, or at least without eating nearly enough to justify the growth. I kind of glossed over the thermodynamic breaking aspects of that when I wrote the faction.

Using magic to grow some kind of lichen or fungus and then cook it into bread would probably be a lot more efficient than what I did. But I feel that the Baker's Guild doesn't have quite the same vibe as the Sausage Guild.

Although now that I think about it I could work with The Mushroom Men.

I think you shouldn't go that way. You were (Wrongly) accused of poisoning the city's money as it is.

Can you imagine if you had the ability to create Amanita Muscaria or Claviceps Purpurea men out of thin air?

EDIT: I'm imagining a jingle, matching the lyrics to the song "God That's Good" from Sweeney Todd.

Alas, I was clearly not made for music. I'll go back to read pediatry.
Which I wasn't made off for either, but must know.

Zemalac
2013-03-18, 05:31 PM
I was just alerted to a line that I missed in someone's EoT. Bloodhaven now has control of Little Zanchar, which also gives them complete control over the Triphage Untima district. This in turn gives them a small stat cap bonus, +3 Influence, and the Triphage Scars trait.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-18, 05:58 PM
Orcs of Tregon

"Tsk. Why yes, we took some of those food barges. But there was nothing in our contract that said you would't pay us if we did. You broke a contract. Now we will have double our price. Once in blood and once in gold.

Understand this, little trader. This rathole of yours is not our city. We have Tregon. We care not if every weakling human here starves. But we care for deals made, and contracts signed."

Heh so the Orks just admitted that they were intercepting food barges. And they did so publicly.

I think we all need to pause and let Zemalac write out the public's response to this before we move on. :smalltongue:

And in the time I was writing this post they also admitted that they were doing it solely for profit.

Can you say lynch mobs against the Orks.

Thelonius
2013-03-18, 06:03 PM
The brutal honestly of orcs makes them lovable in the the TWs, where all we always try to hide our dastardly deeds or more often frame others. I like your style Eldan.

Also, all that ESP of cover-up rolls wasted man. :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2013-03-18, 06:03 PM
Psh. Bring it on, Manlings. The Wardens still have a two points worse reputation than I do.

Thelonius
2013-03-18, 06:04 PM

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-18, 06:06 PM

I know right. You got to love a faction that sticks to its roleplaying enough to admit to something several factions have worked hard to cover up.

Not that that should stop the SGA from whipping up howling mobs of enraged citizenry to wipe out any Ork presence in the city and simply seize by force any food they send into the city.

Thelonius
2013-03-18, 06:07 PM
Yeah, it's not like we were planning to do just that, even without them orcs confessing... :smallsigh:

Edit: At least they aren't as creepy as Sausage Guild. They are just savage.

Eldan
2013-03-18, 06:07 PM
There's a simple solution to that. I retreat to Tregon, the biggest fortress in the world and stop sending any food anywhere the citizens can seize it.

By the way, I also own the Flesh Vaults now.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-18, 06:08 PM
There's a simple solution to that. I retreat to Tregon, the biggest fortress in the world and stop sending any food anywhere the citizens can seize it.

By the way, I also own the Flesh Vaults now.

Leaving the SGA free to destroy the Wardens since without your support they don't the forces to fight alone. And hurting the Wren badly since most of the people doing the actual starving are in Runner's City.

And it's not like you can move the vaults of flesh. If you retreat they go to whoever can take them.

Thelonius
2013-03-18, 06:09 PM
You are awesome Eldan. :smallsmile:

Imperial Psycho
2013-03-18, 06:10 PM
Most people doing the actual starving would be in Runners. For all the things you can say about the Wren, he's keeping them fed, for now.

Eldan
Eh, true that I can't take them with me. But I can use them to undermine half the city, then blow them up, retreat to Tregon and leave all of you to kill each other over the city.

It's not as if I need the Wardens or the Wren, really. They just pay me.

Zemalac
Heh so the Orks just admitted that they were intercepting food barges. And they did so publicly.

I think we all need to pause and let Zemalac write out the public's response to this before we move on. :smalltongue:

And in the time I was writing this post they also admitted that they were doing it solely for profit.

Can you say lynch mobs against the Orks.

The public is, of course, furious. However, the orcs are in Tregon, not Sav Altulas--and Tregon has the best fortifications out of any single place in the game, to the extent that any roll made by a defender is almost tripled (for reference, Arcane, your fortifications doubled your defensive roll during the battle where you got wiped out). So dealing with them there might be tricky.

Showing their faces in the city might be another matter. Also, a revelation like this does negate the effects of the cover up, which means they get a point of negative REP immediately.

ArcaneStomper
2013-03-18, 06:11 PM
Also Zemalac how effective are the flesh vaults now. I mean my forces were the ones caring for them so it's not like anyone else has the expertise to do so. Not only that but all the existing leviathan's and farms were destroyed in the flood, explicitly stated in my EoT, and I never got a chance to rebuild them. So they're basically empty caves at the moment.

I also collapsed all the ones I retained as I was retreating. Well maybe not all, but at least a few.

Thelonius
2013-03-18, 06:12 PM
So they get extra point of fear? Lucky them.