PDA

View Full Version : Synergy Between These Feats?

Sugashane
2012-11-12, 11:23 PM
Leap Attack
Benefit
If you cover at least 10 feet of horizontal distance with your jump, and you end your jump in a square from which you threaten your target, you deal +100% the normal bonus damage from your use of the Power Attack feat. If you use this tactic with a two-handed weapon, you instead triple the extra damage from Power Attack. This attack must follow all the normal rules for using the Jump skill and for making a charge, except that you ignore rough terrain in any squares you jump over.

and

Power Lunge
A successful attack roll during a charge allows you to inflict double your normal Strength modifier in addition to the attack's damage. You provoke an attack of opportunity from the opponent you charged

Would I be able to call out use of both of these feats in the same charge? If I used my two handed large warhammer, I would get 3x's my power attack and double my strength modifier. So with a power attack of +5 and a strength mod of +10 (+15 with 2H weapons) I would get a total of +45 to my rolled damage? (5 x 3) + (15 x 2)?

Also another question
Snap Kick and Power attack?

Snap Kick
When you make a melee attack with one or more melee weapons (including a standard attack, full attack, or even a strike maneuver), you can make an additional attack at your highest attack bonus. This attack is an unarmed attack that deals damage equal to your base unarmed attack damage + 1/2 your Str bonus. You take a -2 penalry on all attack rolls you make this round.

So would the same +5 for power attack be taken from the snap kick attack as well? So I could use the same warhammer for two attacks and get a third attack with the kick (using only 1/2 Str mod on the kick)?

Just want some extra clarification before I take these feats. My group is magic heavy so I am the one doing the dirty work so they can stay clean and safe. :smallbiggrin:

Slipperychicken
2012-11-12, 11:56 PM
Leap Attack: (Power Attack yields double the normal benefit, triple with a 2 handed weapon), when charging on a jump. You have this one right (Power Attack for 5 with a 2-hand weapon and this feat does net 15 extra damage).

Power Lunge: Inflict 2x Str mod in addition to the attack's damage. I'm not familiar with the feat, but the wording says your damage should look like 2d6 (from base weapon) + (1.5xStr from 2hand) + (2xStr from Power Lunge). Power Lunge does not multiply the strength bonus you use, it adds a separate bonus (even if it did multiply the existing bonus, you would use D&D multiplication).

Snap Kick: Power Attack's attack roll penalty and damage bonus applies to all attack rolls in the round, including the one gained from snap kick. The attack itself would receive bonuses and penalties appropriate for unarmed attacks. Remember that unarmed attacks will not receive the same Power Attack damage bonuses as 2 handed weapons, and unarmed attacks add only 1/2 your Strength bonus to damage (rather than the entire strength bonus). Unarmed damage should look like 1d3 + (0.5xStr) + Other Stuff. Remember it imposes a -2 on all attack rolls made in each round you use the feat.

So yes, the feats do interact. You have it mostly right, just remember all that Power Attacking and Snap Kicking will tank your attack bonus. The Power Attack Calculator (http://donjon.bin.sh/d20/power/) can greatly help once you have some idea of your target's AC, providing you the Power Attack number with the highest average damage.

Sugashane
2012-11-13, 12:20 AM
Thank you SC, I have a very unusual build going on right now (role-play reasons) to I am actually a large Pally/Monk with superior unarmed strike and ascetic knight. So with a huge warmace doing 3d8 + these bonuses and a snap kick of 3d6 +5 added to my full round actions I should be able to cause some chaos.

And thanks on the calculator. That does make to be a handy little tool.