PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Lich???

jack101
2012-11-13, 01:14 AM
Okay, so a Lich is a evil being template, yada yada yada, but since it's a template, does that mean that it can TECHNICALLY be attached to an animanl (Such as a Tiger?)? If so, what are the stats for that?

VGLordR2
2012-11-13, 01:19 AM
Lich can only be applied to creatures with the Humanoid type. Tigers have the Animal type, so they cannot acquire the Lich template.

TuggyNE
2012-11-13, 01:25 AM
Also, the lich template requires spellcasting (caster level 11th), which not many tigers have.

shortround
2012-11-13, 01:26 AM
On the other hand, Anthromorphic Bears are a thing, so Bear Liches sounds like something fun to say.

Arcanist
2012-11-13, 02:05 AM
On the other hand, Anthromorphic Bears are a thing, so Bear Liches sounds like something fun to say.

That would be a Monstrous Bear Bear Humanoid :smallbiggrin:

Zrak
2012-11-13, 03:43 AM
Also, the lich template requires spellcasting (caster level 11th), which not many tigers have.

Of course, it can be done (http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bloodninja_cybersex_trollcat_i_put_on_my_robe_and_ wizard_hat.jpg).

Alleran
2012-11-13, 04:01 AM
Seeing one of those coming at you in a dark alley would be a kodiak moment, that's for sure.

Cranthis
2012-11-13, 05:17 AM
Of course the lich template can be applied to it. It just needs to be an awakened tiger, who got really lucky on the INT roll, for at least a 15, then started taking class levels.

TuggyNE
2012-11-13, 05:25 AM
Of course the lich template can be applied to it. It just needs to be an awakened tiger, who got really lucky on the INT roll, for at least a 15, then started taking class levels.

That actually doesn't work, as VGLordR2 already said; neither tigers (awakened or otherwise) nor bears (even anthropomorphic) are Humanoids. They're Animals, Magical Beasts, Animals, or Monstrous Humanoids respectively.

Arcanist
2012-11-13, 05:26 AM

But... It still has the Animal type :smallconfused: How are you converting the Animal into a Humanoid?

EDIT: Ninja's. Ninja's everywhere! :smallfurious:

Analytica
2012-11-13, 05:27 AM
The Pathfinder lich template does not require humanoid though. Otherwise, you could achieve something similar with the Lichfiend template and something that makes the tiger an evil outsider first.

Cranthis
2012-11-13, 05:29 AM
Well then let your DM houserule that anything that can do the proper magic and processes to become a lich, can be one.

Arcanist
2012-11-13, 05:40 AM
Well then let your DM houserule that anything that can do the proper magic and processes to become a lich, can be one.

Bards can become Lichs. Rangers. Paladins (But that Code of Conduct is nuked). In my opinion anything that can obtain a caster level of 11+ can effectively become a Lich. (this is of course a house rule though...)

Cranthis
2012-11-13, 05:41 AM
Bards can become Lichs. Rangers. Paladins (But that Code of Conduct is nuked). In my opinion anything that can obtain a caster level of 11+ can effectively become a Lich. (this is of course a house rule though...)

Pretty much, yeah. There is no given caster limit, only the ability to cast spells.

Zrak
2012-11-13, 05:47 AM
Seeing one of those coming at you in a dark alley would be a kodiak moment, that's for sure.

It'd be a spectacled, that's for sure.

I can imagine bear liches would really polarize players, though. The flamewars could get pretty grizzly. Regardless of what people think, fighting one would sure be a stickney situation.

Arcanist
2012-11-13, 05:49 AM
Pretty much, yeah. There is no given caster limit, only the ability to cast spells.

The character must be able to cast spells and have a caster level of 11th or higher.

Personally, I prefer using the Dicefreak approach for the Lich template which completely nixes the whole Caster level requirement. All you have to be able to do is perform the required ritual. :smallsmile:

It'd be a spectacled, that's for sure.

I can imagine bear liches would really polarize players, though. The flamewars could get pretty grizzly. Regardless of what people think, fighting one would sure be a stickney situation.

These are the first puns that I've ever seen that legitimately made me want to become a Lich, kill myself and reform just so I can smash my phylactery and kill myself again. :smalltongue:

Eldan
2012-11-13, 08:49 AM
You could go for a Rakshasa Lichfiend instead.

Arcanist
2012-11-13, 08:55 AM
You could go for a Rakshasa Lichfiend instead.

Is their actually a way to get the Lich template and still getting 9th? I recall the buy back system going up to +4 and letting them buy it off to just barely get 9th level spells :smallsmile:

... A GISH-THEURGE LICH WITH BUY BACK! (9th level casting). CAN IT BE DONE!? :smallconfused:

Eldan
2012-11-13, 09:09 AM
Ur-Priest and /or Seeker of the Song? That would give you ninths. Caster level wouldbe a problem, but can be corrected.

Alleran
2012-11-13, 09:54 AM
These are the first puns that I've ever seen that legitimately made me want to become a Lich, kill myself and reform just so I can smash my phylactery and kill myself again. :smalltongue:
I know. There's just no koalaty in them.

Wookie-ranger
2012-11-13, 10:03 AM

:smallbiggrin:I see what you did there.